LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things on my mind.

If le really wants to find the dwtiq it seems to me that they would release a little more info about it. Also, seems like they would ask daily or weekly. If it is important why are they not asking more often for the public's help? Also, after a month with the resources of le, fbi, and pi it seems like they could have checked every dwt of that type in the country? Maybe not the whole US but close?

Also, if they would tell us anything about the bike. If the lab came back with nothing, nada, zero. Well, that would be a clue in itself.

I did not sleep last night and my thinking may not be clear but I feel like: Ok, it's been a month. Le has had time to investigate. They may have more to investigate and need to hold some evidence back. But, it has been a month. Give the public some info, something.

From the posts I have read I think the WS sleuthers could do a lot with a little more info.

If these donors are anonymous, how do we know they even exist?
Are they the same ones who put up reward or did the state did do that?

Two things on my mind.

If le really wants to find the dwtiq it seems to me that they would release a little more info about it. Also, seems like they would ask daily or weekly. If it is important why are they not asking more often for the public's help? Also, after a month with the resources of le, fbi, and pi it seems like they could have checked every dwt of that type in the country? Maybe not the whole US but close?

Also, if they would tell us anything about the bike. If the lab came back with nothing, nada, zero. Well, that would be a clue in itself.

I did not sleep last night and my thinking may not be clear but I feel like: Ok, it's been a month. Le has had time to investigate. They may have more to investigate and need to hold some evidence back. But, it has been a month. Give the public some info, something.

From the posts I have read I think the WS sleuthers could do a lot with a little more info.

I think if LE wanted to find that truck, they would've by now.

Case in point: ACI said that he looked up the truck in a database and said there were only 3...and none of them were questioned by LE.

If these donors are anonymous, how do we know they even exist?
Are they the same ones who put up reward or did the state did do that?

The state didn't put up a reward, IIRC. The first $10k was an anonymous donor. At least $5k came from a well known and respected Doctor in Lafayette- Charlie publicly thanked him by name very early on.

'One of the many excellent questions asked of A.C.I. in the WS interview last night was:
Have the RSO's in the LA vicinity of Mickey's abduction been questioned? His answer was; yes.

As, in the Terry Christopher Speaks, arrested in the NOLO investigation of Jaren Lockhart murder/dismemberment, or the Megan Maxwell(TN) abduction/rape/murder. Many of these cases are comitted by absconded RSOs from another state or SOs from another country.

The number of absconded RSOs in the US are astounding. Coupled with those that have yet to be identified, and the number that offended prior to the RSO Law going into effect. The RSOs residing in the vicinity of Mickey Schunick's abduction are only a fraction of the true numbers.
"Chasing rabbits, imo"..

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=3893

Sex Offender Tracking

With as many as 100,000 registered sex offenders in the United States whose whereabouts are unknown, expanding the ability to link these offenders to open and unresolved missing and exploited child cases across broad time and geographic parameters is of great potential benefit.

The primary goal of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Sex Offender Tracking Team is to support federal, state, and local law enforcement by providing assistance in identifying and locating noncompliant/fugitive registered sex offenders.

IMO, this should be a high priority for LE and I was happy to hear the question last night and ACI's answer.
I am attaching a site that I focused time on right away. This site allows to you to enter any address and look for RSO within a given radius of the location. You are all more than likely very familiar with it, but I haven't seen it on the thread (I could have missed it).
If you search by address for, let's say 611 St Landry, you will see more than 12 RSO within a one mile radius. There is even a tab for vehicles associated with the RSO.
http://www.lsp.org/socpr/default.html

America's Missing

BY David Krajicek

2,300 a Day (2005)

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

Two-thirds of those victims are ages 12 to 17, and among those eight out of 10 are white females, according to a Justice Department study. Nearly 90 percent of the abductors are men, and they sexually assault their victims in half of the cases.
(read more)
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/americas_missing/2.html

The above statistics were from 7 years ago. The numbers are at epidemic proportions in 2012 for various reasons, imo. Drugs, specifically Meth is the primary catalyst for this epidemic from my research. It is no secret that Interstate 10 is a corridor for drug distribution. These drug cartels are purveyors of violent crime, criminals, and corruption. Many of the abductions of inocent victims happen along these corridors.
Mickey Schunick's abduction was in close proximity to the I-10 corridor & her bike lcated 30 miles away on this same corridor.
'Sexual predator, drug related, stranger abduction'...imo

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs11/18862/transport.htm

Drug Transportation Corridors
Virtually every interstate and highway in the United States is used by traffickers to transport illicit drugs to and from distribution centers and market areas throughout the country, and every highway intersection provides alternative routes to drug markets.

Lovin you today Mickey. And every day.
Please let TODAY be the day. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have answered this multiple times, but it bears repeating:
"Every square inch" of hospital property, inside and out, has been searched, according to multiple guards I interviewed. They covered the place with dogs. Fine-tooth comb. It was one of the very first places searched, because it was obvious. Lourdes gave permission for a top-to-bottom search and and LE swarmed the place.

Nothing was found.

I read about a case that involved a missing father/businessman . LE swarmed his office building, top to bottom, searching every room thoroughly, to no avail. Much later they did indeed find him in a cleaning supply closet in that very building. LE had overlooked that room somehow. Thats why I worry that she could be on the hospital property and I wish they would let you go in and search for us. Im just kidding about you doing the search........kind of.

I've heard a rumour about that but the person who told me got it from their friend who sayed that he lived in the same apartment complex as Mickey he saw her that night an she was crying saying someone took her bike an he felt bad because he blew her off .... Mickey leaves in a house that's the reason I didn't fall for that one

Maybe she was walking around in a complex, and he thought she lived there.

LA

It didn't say truck...just a white vehicle

Guess we should watch out for any white car/truck/suv

Woops!!! Sorry about that! I guess I got excited when I saw "white" and "Chevy" I just jumped to conclusions...well yeah...this jerk could be anywhere. Ask for ID if you get pulled over! :ashamed:

Well everyone feel free to go defend me over there on FB before too many people jump on the trash A.C.I bandwagon.

If anything you can probably guess I am fiesty. I've got your back, now GO find our girl.

LA

Hello...New here (no longer a lurker)

I follow the news frequently through my iPhone. I just noticed a new link on KATC. I remember reading this link a few days ago in another post. It seems that the news sources in our area are always days behind the rest of the world.

http://www.katc.com/news/police-warn-drivers-of-impostor-officer/

There was also something similar in Arkansas on June 11th. White car, police lights, and an imposter. I'd posted it before, and am re-posting the link.

http://www.kait8.com/story/18746993/woman-warns-others-of-police-impersonator-near-batesville

I know alot of the remote areas to the east of Lafayette have been searched, how about west?

BTW. I think I am ready for a full accounting from the family of the money they raised and how they spent it on the effort to find Mickey. My best guess puts it well over 100,000. I am under the impression that the concer with the givers was over 40,0000. Did they oay for the use of our community park? So did they pay Johnny? Did they pay equusearch? Are they paying Christina Silvetti a salary? are any of the social media team aka Mickey's friends on payroll? everything at Blackum was free. the community donated EVERYTHING! A CPA had offered to help get them organized about the money, for free. So. Let's see the accounting. I am curious. When you solicit the public for help you are obligated to give them an accounting. So I am ready. I want my accounting.

If it was one of your family, I am sure money would be no object. This is a girl from our community who went missing. If you donated, it's tax deductible.

I dont mean to sound harsh, but really now ... is that all you are worried about? A young girl is missing, it could be a perp that could strike again. Our community deserves to find Mickey and hopefully stop this from ever happening again. Not to mention the family might be reading, and you sound very insensitive.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry if anyone thinks I am being caustic.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member