LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reminded of the Jennings serial killer....one of the EIGHT...bodies were cleaned with bleach as to destroy forensic evidence which suggests that the Jennings serial killer has some sort of law enforcement inside knowledge to know that bleach destroys forensic evidence....
Wonder if the bike were cleaned in the same fashion which is why we don't hear anything more about it. As not to make it publicly known that there actually is or would be a link to the Jennings serial killings.
From what I understand there was a poi or siluspect in the Jennings serial murders but the poi was some sortbof higher up position in le and so well politically connected he was considered untouchable...now add that to what is going on with the lawsuits in Lafayette....and that little to no evidence was left....no more info about bike..everything kinda dying down kept hush hush by le....and in certainly does seem like someone sure did know where the cameras were!!!(like someone in le)

Read about the Jennings serial murders and the one thing they have in common for sure is lack of evidence...
And the one thing people keep saying is that Mickey can't be related to the serial murders in Jennings because they were all engaged in high risk activities.
....and take it how you want but I'm not trying to be disrespectful o offensive....nobody knows what Ms may or may not have dabbled in. The majority of us have assumed she smoked some pot on occassion....from le perspective that is drugs....drugs are drugs....not my opinion cause I'm not a cop
No...don't even

I don't want to add to any confusion, but there very well may have been more video of MS, but by the time it was all looked at it may have been recorded over. I believe it was Monday when they started looking at the footage. I'll edit if this is incorrect :)

Anything from the Circle K? I know most stores like that video the parking lot in case someone gets "jacked"...if this has already been asked, I'm sorry but I just wanted to know & thanks.

Thanks for posting the link. This brings up MORE issues. Check this out from the press conference:

"One truck that turned on St. Landry street directly behind MS is a Chevrolet white Z71 four-door. That picture has been circulated."

So this would mean the DWT seen following her was not following her from St. John because here he says the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street." And if the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street" it would have come from University southbound b/c if it came from northbound it would be at an angle and not completely in the right lane of travel. And if it came from University southbound it should have been picked up by the surveillance camera on University. So where is it?

Then he goes on to say:

"And of course the truck with the cover on the bed, believed to be possibly a GMC or Chevrolet, which came from the direction from which Mickey had ridden her bike where she was last captured on video, was obviously, a vehicle of interest for that reason." So that would mean the DWT in the turn lane on St. Landry is the same as the DWT on university northbound and has been ruled out.

Finally, this is very strange....

"Q: The handgrips on the bike. You said you found the bike, then you said you found the handgrips. Were they not attached to the handlebars?
A: We found the bike and the handgrips, that's correct
Q: were they together?
A: We found the bike and the handgrips. We aren't releasing the condition of the bike other than the fact it was damaged in the back. But we did find the bike and the handgrips
Q: Were the handgrips attached to the handelbars?
A: We're not releasing that, that information

Q: what about the grips
A: Again, that was found with or in the general vacinity of the bike."

What is so damned important about keeping this a secret? And why has nothing been released regarding the inspection of the bike?

Thank you. I read this this morning when I was going through the timeline, articles and videos. You saved me from going back again to get the link!

My statement stands, and is backed up by the last statement we have from LE. As far as verifiable information goes, Mickey was last seen in the LCG video, near the Circle K.

Here's the loophole. LE has not held any more press conferences.

A.C.I found that a lot of cameras hadn't been checked/found, quite awhile later.

I believe it's plausible that at the time of the press conference the LCG cam was the last one she was seen on. And then another camera was found later and that was purposely withheld for reasons to protect the investigation.

Due to the loophole, I have to leave open the possibility that Mickey made it further down St. Landry than we think.

Anything from the Circle K? I know most stores like that video the parking lot in case someone gets "jacked"...if this has already been asked, I'm sorry but I just wanted to know & thanks.

LE checked the cameras at Circle K.

Their video only covers the parking lot and not the street.

I consider myself a pretty good photographer. Not professional like some of the graphic designers here on WS, but good enough to have all my friends ask me to do their newborn pics and good enough that I am required to have a copy release for those friends otherwise they can't get them printed themselves. That said I am NOT a professional, but when I enlarged the pics on my monitor, that I only use for photos and nothing else, I did see a bluish hue, but not the blue I see here on my iPad.

This is MORE than just frustrating... WAY too many people on this case NOT working together...

Thanks for posting the link. This brings up MORE issues. Check this out from the press conference:

"One truck that turned on St. Landry street directly behind MS is a Chevrolet white Z71 four-door. That picture has been circulated."

So this would mean the DWT seen following her was not following her from St. John because here he says the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street." And if the DWT "turned on St. Landry Street" it would have come from University southbound b/c if it came from northbound it would be at an angle and not completely in the right lane of travel. And if it came from University southbound it should have been picked up by the surveillance camera on University. So where is it?

Then he goes on to say:

"And of course the truck with the cover on the bed, believed to be possibly a GMC or Chevrolet, which came from the direction from which Mickey had ridden her bike where she was last captured on video, was obviously, a vehicle of interest for that reason." So that would mean the DWT in the turn lane on St. Landry is the same as the DWT on university northbound and has been ruled out.

"Q: The handgrips on the bike. You said you found the bike, then you said you found the handgrips. Were they not attached to the handlebars?
A: We found the bike and the handgrips. We aren't releasing the condition of the bike other than the fact it was damaged in the back. But we did find the bike and the handgrips

What is so damned important about keeping this a secret? And why has nothing been released regarding the inspection of the bike?

They didn't say say the truck turned onto St. Landry St. They said it turned on St. Landry St. The other bbm is the same as they have listed on their site that I linked earlier.

Besides focusing on the original pictures, it's good to reintroduce the facts we were given, b/c obviously not everyone has read them all. If everyone goes back and reads everything official, it will answer some questions and prevent some arguments.

Not to be disrespectful, however we are discussing Mickey's known movements of the night she went missing. The make of BW's car IS important, as it was a mode of transportation to Taco Bell that night where we have been told there is a receipt of Mickey's dinner, purchased with her ATM card. However no image of Mickey on the drive thru camera.

Not to be disrespectful, however we are discussing Mickey's known movements of the night she went missing. The make of BW's car IS important, as it was a mode of transportation to Taco Bell that night where we have been told there is a receipt of Mickey's dinner, purchased with her ATM card. However no image of Mickey on the drive thru camera.

Well, regardless...we KNOW taht is Mickey in front of the Circle K... you think he bought Taco Bell with HER card and she got mad and left w/ out eating????

She did not add the blue. It is on the original pic posted by LE. You have to make the picture bigger to see it. Making the picture bigger will not cause any type of color to be added. Completely unaltered the blue is there. This is why I feel that it could be a reflection.

If you take a pic of the pic on your screen, you may see color in a reflection even if the photo is greyscale. There also could be something on the lens of the camera. My local news station has a weather camera on top of their building. It had a green fuzzy on it for days that looked like a city landmark had been painted green.

I don't even know who "she" is! I have deliberately not tracked down who is responsible for altering the photos, because I don't want my opinion to be based on who that is. I want my opinion based firmly on the actual content of the photos.

With all respect, I have to tell you that when I enlarge the photos released by LE I do NOT see blue. I see varying shades of white/grey/black. No color.

Is it me or is the bottom picture above with the truck at the stop sign.. Does it look like the back door is open?!?!

I can not tell, because the back door is blocked by the sign. It doesn't look open to me, but I can't see enough of the door to be sure.

Here's the loophole. LE has not held any more press conferences.

A.C.I found that a lot of cameras hadn't been checked/found, quite awhile later.

I believe it's plausible that at the time of the press conference the LCG cam was the last one she was seen on. And then another camera was found
later and that was purposely withheld for reasons to protect the investigation.

Due to the loophole, I have to leave open the possibility that Mickey made it further down St. Landry than we think.

I agree...that is why I have said "as far as we know". Or "as verified by LE" when discussing that photo.

I would hope LE would inform the public if they had other video footage of Mickey, but that isn't guaranteed!

LE asked all places of business to review their video footage, at least twice that I can remember.....so if there are cameras which had not been checked, the blame isn't completely on the shoulders of LE. I know they checked all video from government cameras, and video from cameras at businesses that came forward to offer them.

You know what my main argument to this is?

We do not have access to the original photos. Anyone who attempts to enhance the released photos is doing so without a baseline to begin with, since the released photos were enhanced themselves.

So each enhancement done here is done without knowledge of what the previous enhancement was, and therefore cannot take that into account.

It is interesting to note that LE's enhancement did not add the things we've seen on here! And I, for one, believe that a collaborative effort between LE and FBI resulted in the image being as clear as they could make it!

You make a good point. LE enhancement could have created some color artifacts. Then, when someone enhanced them again, those artifacts can become magnified... meaning that one blue pixel, which was blue only due to a color artifact, now becomes 3 and 4 and 10, and suddenly you have a blue T-shirt, from what started as a tiny component of one reflection.

Lesson to all of us - we need to be very careful with enhancing these photos, especially when it comes to color. Colors in a photo are made of several primary colors - red, yellow and blue.

Just as an example, it takes blue and yellow together to make green, and so, in a highly pixelated photo, what was green becomes a certain number of blue and yellow pixels grouped together. At that point, due to to vagaries of processing, and to whether the original object was closer to blue-green or yellow-green, either the blue or yellow pixels can take over during enhancement. Your Photoshop program is being forced at gunpoint to make a choice between blue and yellow pixels. You then end up with more of one ot the other than was actually there, and end up with a patch of color that was never there, and is a product of the enhancement - leading to talk of blue T-shirts and the like.

Use caution!

Well, regardless...we KNOW taht is Mickey in front of the Circle K... you think he bought Taco Bell with HER card and she got mad and left w/ out eating????

Or that Mickey lied to her BFF when she told her via the phone call that she was eating Taco Bell at Brettly's!

Then he goes on to say:

Please note...it took a "beat down" to get this answer which was half-*advertiser censored**ed. If it had NOT been mentioned about the grips (being found separate) or however it was worded, no one would have EVER know that the grips were indeed removed. Someone tried to dismembered the bike & failed (that's my take on it). And if someone had the time to mess with the tips then what else could have been done? Chain removed? Seat removed? I know that the cops here in LC find bikes all the time; I've seen them hanging in a cage, waiting to either be claimed or evidence.

They didn't say say the truck turned onto St. Landry St. They said it turned on St. Landry St. The other bbm is the same as they have listed on their site that I linked earlier.

Besides focusing on the original pictures, it's good to reintroduce the facts we were given, b/c obviously not everyone has read them all. If everyone goes back and reads everything official, it will answer some questions and prevent some arguments.

What's the difference in "turning onto St. Landry" and "turning on St. Landry"?

If the DWT was following her from St. John and continued onto St. Landry, he never turned. That's a straight shot.

Please note...it took a "beat down" to get this answer which was half-*advertiser censored**ed. If it had NOT been mentioned about the grips (being found separate) or however it was worded, no one would have EVER know that the grips were indeed removed. Someone tried to dismembered the bike & failed (that's my take on it). And if someone had the time to mess with the tips then what else could have been done? Chain removed? Seat removed? I know that the cops here in LC find bikes all the time; I've seen them hanging in a cage, waiting to either be claimed or evidence.

THIS is a VERY important CLUE! Think about it... this means they weren't in a HURRY to dispose of the bike...it was probably dumped AFTER they got her to a secluded location where THEY felt COMFORTABLE!

THIS is a VERY important CLUE! Think about it... this means they weren't in a HURRY to dispose of the bike...it was probably dumped AFTER they got her to a secluded location where THEY felt COMFORTABLE!

IMO, they dumped the bike after leaving Mickey elsewhere...not "hidden away" but most likely deceased, sorry to say. Leaving the bike would be the final bit of evidence to get rid of. If Mickey was alive and so well-hidden, why not keep the bike with her? The bike is the least of their worries if the "hiding place" is discovered.

Or that Mickey lied to her BFF when she told her via the phone call that she was eating Taco Bell at Brettly's!

No, I don't think she left without eating, however I don't know that he didn't use her card.

Man, ask a simple question.

Apparently there is video of Mickey and Brettly going through the Taco Bell drive thru. Here's Nancy Grace:
We`ve contacted Taco Bell. We learned that video shows corroboration that she was there, driving through that evening.

Very quickly, to you, Chief Craft. Again, thank you for being with us. I know that you have obtained surveillance video from Taco Bell. You can see the car with Brettly in it driving through. It`s my understanding you can`t get a good shot of her, but her ATM confirms she was there. They used it for the order. So we know she was there, correct?

CRAFT: That`s correct. We were able to see him in the video shot, but we can`t see her. But her ATM card was used there. And we have information from a friend -- in that conversation, she said, We just went to Taco Bell, went to pick up something to eat.

GRACE: And on that video, you may also look toward the tail end of it, when they get the food, Brettly turning to her, handing her food, gearing (ph) it (ph) to further corroborate it.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

So here's more evidence not released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members