LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, would MS have heard a car DWTIQ coming full speed behind her and gotten scared and parted with her bike? Would she have gotten off her bike; left it to get run over; and then a few seconds later PERPS get out of car and run her down out of view from camera? Where would that be?

In the Mickey pic there are headlights in the leaves of the tree on the corner behind Mickey. If the Silverado z71 headlights are what is seen through the leaves, then it would slow, and take a left, coming right up behind Mickey. A muscle truck has a lot of giddy-up in first gear. What I see is that Mickey possibly knows shes in over her head, stops for the safety of being seen on camera and by gas station attendees, thinking witnesses are a good thing, and this truck just does things she doesn't expect, including possibilities like
1) passenger has a weapon, like a gun or a night stick, knocks her to the right, off the bike, and runs over her tire so she can't ride
2) passenger has a liquid weapon, like paint, oil or dr.pepper, splashes it on Mickey, moving her to the right and off the bike, runs the bike over, using forward and possibly reverse gear.
3) drunk driver makes sweeping left turn with vaulted muscle truck, doesn't even see Mickey, until he has knocked her of her bike.

In a left turn scenario, I think the truck hardly touches second gear.

:banghead:I don't understand why my pictures were deleted. Was work on tired fingers and wrists. Rebutting theories is sleuthing, I thought?

pic2crop.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2415.jpg

As a woman, I know that it has been difficult trying to balance being "polite" with being cautious with strangers. It is only since I have become a mom, that I started not caring if I hurt someone's feelings; I need to protect my own. I think for a young, southern, girl, raised to be kind, friendly and trusting, there would be a momentary internal debate if she were stopped at night on a darkened road. Her thoughts would be along the lines of, "I am kinda freaking out and my intuition is telling me to peddle the heck out of here, but what if he needs help, or I embarrass myself by overeacting?" I know that I have had this conversation with myself at times in my life. And, I think that a man who takes advantage of (and even relishes in) the fear and anxiety of woman would be aware of this.

My point is, I don't think that it would take a bump from a vehicle or a weapon to grab Mickey. I think a vehicle pulling alongside her, a quick smile, a wave and some mumbled words would be enough for her to slow down, and move close enough to be grabbed. Honestly, this is what I think happened. Jmo.

Now, my question is, what kind of man would do this? Would he be a married man? Employed? Is this something he has been planning? Did he have only a short amount of time to accomplish what he wanted to before someone from his life would be expecting him? Here is where the profiling becomes handy. If it can be determined what kind of perp we have (one with attachments to a normal life??), then we may be able to figure how much time he had and so how far away Mickey could actually be. All jmo...

Regarding no information to the public from LE...everyone seems pretty frustrated about the lack of information from news outlets and LE. I'm wondering how effective letters to the editors of the paper would be. If the local papers get a lot of letters from the public, then it seems they would put more pressure on LE. If not, then at least the letters to the editor section would have some Mickey dialogue.

Regarding what colors we see in the images - it doesn't do any good for any of us to discuss what colors we see on the monitor because all of our monitors aren't calibrated the same. Monitors use red, green and blue to create all of the colors we see. What looks green on my screen may look blue on yours and yellow on someone else's. Here is a link that better explains how the color on your monitor works. It should also explain why some people see a blue pixel and others don't! Sorry if this is too off topic, but every time the color topic has come up I've wanted to jump in and explain!

http://www.bestprintingonline.com/monitors.htm

In the Mickey pic there are headlights in the leaves of the tree on the corner behind Mickey. If the Silverado z71 headlights are what is seen through the leaves, then it would slow, and take a left, coming right up behind Mickey. A muscle truck has a lot of giddy-up in first gear. What I see is that Mickey possibly knows shes in over her head, stops for the safety of being seen on camera and by gas station attendees, thinking witnesses are a good thing, and this truck just does things she doesn't expect, including possibilities like
1) passenger has a weapon, like a gun or a night stick, knocks her to the right, off the bike, and runs over her tire so she can't ride
2) passenger has a liquid weapon, like paint, oil or dr.pepper, splashes it on Mickey, moving her to the right and off the bike, runs the bike over, using forward and possibly reverse gear.
3) drunk driver makes sweeping left turn with vaulted muscle truck, doesn't even see Mickey, until he has knocked her of her bike.

In a left turn scenario, I think the truck hardly touches second gear.

Those are not headlights. That's not a Silverado. That's a house. Check it out on Google Earth. I was there last night, myself.

So the little boy in your accident was pushed forward by the impact and not "pulled" under your vehicle? That makes sense.

I think that momentum alone would make sure that a person's body would go forward after an impact with a car or truck. JMO

Due to this case and some extra time I have been researching bicycle accidents. It does seem to depend on the variables of speed, angle, point of impact, road conditions. I have seen very few cases where the rider ended up under the vehicle. Those that were seemed to be hit from an angle or from the side, much more injury with these accidents. Rear impact caused the rider to be thrown back into the car. Front impact riders that hit still objects seem to fly forward. By far, the majority of cases I read were rear impacts that caused severe windshield damage but only mild or serious injury to the rider. Not an expert just trying to gain some knowledge.

So the little boy in your accident was pushed forward by the impact and not "pulled" under your vehicle? That makes sense.

I think that momentum alone would make sure that a person's body would go forward after an impact with a car or truck. JMO

In my circumstance this is the way it happened. It will not happen this way every time because the factors will not be the same.

Someone posted that the area was repaired and is smooth. I thought maybe there was a bump as well but apparently, there isn't.

Didn't someone post that the time stamp on the camera is off by minutes?

Yes it is off by minutes according to the time stamp on the 1:51 picture.

It is off by 12 minutes which is alot of minutes to be accounted for.

ETA The time stamp for this picture is in the bottom left corner.

:banghead:I don't understand why my pictures were deleted. Was work on tired fingers and wrists. Rebutting theories is sleuthing, I thought?

pic2crop.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2415.jpg

I saved your pics and have looked at them often. Wish we had more pics in front of the Circle K. Hint hint

My eyes have seen SO many things in the pic in front of circle K. So, let me ask, am I seeing what may be a "tow package" on the front of the truck where the front bumper would be? I was just looking at Chicken's pics .....

As a woman, I know that it has been difficult trying to balance being "polite" with being cautious with strangers. It is only since I have become a mom, that I started not caring if I hurt someone's feelings; I need to protect my own. I think for a young, southern, girl, raised to be kind, friendly and trusting, there would be a momentary internal debate if she were stopped at night on a darkened road. Her thoughts would be along the lines of, "I am kinda freaking out and my intuition is telling me to peddle the heck out of here, but what if he needs help, or I embarrass myself by overeacting?" I know that I have had this conversation with myself at times in my life. And, I think that a man who takes advantage of (and even relishes in) the fear and anxiety of woman would be aware of this.

My point is, I don't think that it would take a bump from a vehicle or a weapon to grab Mickey. I think a vehicle pulling alongside her, a quick smile, a wave and some mumbled words would be enough for her to slow down, and move close enough to be grabbed. Honestly, this is what I think happened. Jmo.

Now, my question is, what kind of man would do this? Would he be a married man? Employed? Is this something he has been planning? Did he have only a short amount of time to accomplish what he wanted to before someone from his life would be expecting him? Here is where the profiling becomes handy. If it can be determined what kind of perp we have (one with attachments to a normal life??), then we may be able to figure how much time he had and so how far away Mickey could actually be. All jmo...

Excellent post!

Pictures of what? Slow tonight.

Maybe you should climb up where the camera is and take a pic in daylight! Ha. Kidding. Would be interesting to see to the left of the pic all the way to the corner. Your photo has been invaluable. I have referred to it many times when comparing facts. The corner area is just such a blank to me.

Sorry CajunCoDe....not trying to shut you down...but...the rider would have had to ride pass the camera in the 1 minute, plus or minus a few seconds, after Mickey but before the truck. It is possible but you would think that rider would be in the top wanted list of people to talk to. They may have braked to turn into the gas station and never even followed her down St. Landry.

Not you personally, but all of us in general, are making what is likely such a simple scenario into something much more complicated. I have thought out all sorts of scenario's when it's likely she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and whatever happened happened very fast.

Some of the more difficult crimes to solve are the ones that are crimes of opportunity committed by strangers.

I meant BIKER as in Mickey, on a BIKE

Those are not headlights. That's not a Silverado. That's a house. Check it out on Google Earth. I was there last night, myself.

yeah, never mind about that. the light i was talking about is actually in the z71 pic, it's bright. I'm getting tired...

It only takes a couple minutes to fill a car tank, and Mickey pic/Z71 pic seem to have the same cars filling up. I'm not willing to put these stills more than 2 minutes apart, likely less.

the police "had to enhance" the video footage, so I guess it looked even worse before. almost useless.

It's gotten to the point I don't even wat to chime in for fear of scowls and ugliness. Love to all of my sweet WS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne