LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly where is this at? I want to go ride by before work. I will put out some feelers in the morning.

If y are going down Congress, it is on the corner of Parkside and Congress. It is on the side of the building facing Parkside.

I think it's unlikely that a teenager or someone in their early 20s would use Pacman in graffiti. The tagger would have to be old enough to know what Pacman is. I'm not sure most teens today would. Makes me wonder if the tagger is a bit older.

I don't know...Pac-Man has always been quite a fad. And "Pacman" as a word has long standing gang connotations.

When you click on the link I posted, does it show ya'll my info? If so need to delete it.

I don't know...Pac-Man has always been quite a fad. And "Pacman" as a word has long standing gang connotations.

I didn't know about the gang connotations. That's interesting. I was actually thinking if it was an older tagger that would fit in better with my idea of who took Mickey because I personally don't think she was abducted by a teenager.

Pac-Man would be known by a lot of younger people and I think that is sort of cute for graffiti. Of course, I am thinking it is some kid doing it about his girlfriend or something and not some sign about Mickey.

wow.....that's definitely disturbing, particulary considering the location...

I have been occasionally bouncing ideas and filling my family in on Mickey updates, theories etc. My son was reading over my shoulder and asked is that the "writing on the wall"? then he said the same thing... Wooooow....and then, they suck.

He likes to draw and do graffiti type designs and tattoo designs. He said that doesn't look tagged, by a normal person who regularly tags. That it looked like a nerd did it or a girl. ??? Please don't be offended by his girl reference. Just a perspective from outside who hasn't read all these posts.

Well on that note, I am off to bed. I look forward to hearing what those of you who are checking out the "art" in person tomorrow find.

May tomorrow be the day!

The actual pic is creepier than the one in my head was.

I actually thought it was kind of cute. *shrugs*

At first glance, I thought the original poster took a picture of it on her computer screen. But then I saw the grass growing below it.

Based on the remaining "dots" it would be game over for the pac-man, not the hair-bowed ghost. And, Ms Pac-man did wear a bow. Seems like whoever tagged that, had very little actual experience with the game.

I have been occasionally bouncing ideas and filling my family in on Mickey updates, theories etc. My son was reading over my shoulder and asked is that the "writing on the wall"? then he said the same thing... Wooooow....and then, they suck.

He likes to draw and do graffiti type designs and tattoo designs. He said that doesn't look tagged, by a normal person who regularly tags. That it looked like a nerd did it or a girl. ??? Please don't be offended by his girl reference. Just a perspective from outside who hasn't read all these posts.

I agree with your son. When I read the words "game over", the first thing I thought was that it looked like a girl had "written" the words. The city I live in has a huge tagging problem so I see graffiti everywhere unfortunately and this picture doesn't look like typical tagging to me at all.

You mentioned in your eta: none of the ghosts in the game have a bow; it seems the graffiti is all in black therefore they wanted people to understand it was female. :eek:hwow:

What's the big dot for? Is that the one that activates the ghost.

I actually thought it was kind of cute. *shrugs*

At first glance, I thought the original poster took a picture of it on her computer screen. But then I saw the grass growing below it.

The creepy thing for me is the ghost with the ribbon.

I'm off for the night. Not sure I'll sleep though.

Last one to leave turn off the lights please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3