LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please clarify as I didn't see the article...

Did they say if they were still looking for the WT and the driver

or

Did they say they were still looking for the driver of the WT

IMO it would be two different things as in maybe the truck was stolen and located?

Okay, so I just reread the WAFB.com short article. It says they are still searching for the driver of the vehicle last seen near where she disappeared. Interesting...
Link:
http://www.wafb.com/story/18846917/...vity-at-whiskey-bay-related-to-shunick-search

Could someone please clarify as I didn't see the article...

Did they say if they were still looking for the WT and the driver

or

Did they say they were still looking for the driver of the WT

IMO it would be two different things as in maybe the truck was stolen and located?

I'm not sure which article your referring to.

Then again I'm not sure which white truck your referring to. I've seen pictures of three of them and I don't know which one is which.

Have you guys considered putting together a list of the known, confirmed facts? I know the details are scarce. Still, a list of "just the facts", no opinion, starting from the very beginning might help everyone to re-focus.

Mickey Schunick's future as an anthropologist, which she had worked years to accomplish was too bright to risk in an insurance scam, imo. There are no indicators that this scenario is plausible.

People who are money hungry do not pick anthropology as their major. I was in anthropology at LSU, so I know firsthand what my classmates were like. I don't have a clue what her concentration was, but no matter, big bucks weren't in her future with that.

Have you guys considered putting together a list of the known, confirmed facts? I know the details are scarce. Still, a list of "just the facts", no opinion, starting from the very beginning might help everyone to re-focus.

There are no "facts" to list other than Mickeys missing and they found her bike with a bent rim at Whiskey Bay.

There's some video that shows Mikey on her bike and can help with a timeline but shows no "facts" other than that.

So there's little factual evidence at this point as far as I can see. Maybe I'm missing something and other members can help.

People who are money hungry do not pick anthropology as their major. I was in anthropology at LSU, so I know firsthand what my classmates were like. I don't have a clue what her concentration was, but no matter, big bucks weren't in her future with that.

I'm a fairly recent graduate who majored in a social science (like anthropology) and I can tell you that there's no money in the social sciences. At all. We all do it because we love it, not because it's lucrative.

Great idea!
Facts as I know them:
-Mickey and BW were about to move to New Orleans together (as friends)
-Mickey went to Artmosphere with BW and some other friends
-Mickey and BW rode their identical (or nearly) bikes to and from the bar back to his place on Ryan St.
-Mickey and BW declined going to Mel's with some friends to go back to his place, then ride to Taco Bell.
-Mickey left BW's house sometime around 1:45am on May 19. He watched her go. BW said she had her mace with her.
-May 19 was Mickey's little brother's high school graduation day.
-Mickey was most likely seen on the camera in front of Circle K on St. Landry.
-Mickey's bike was found on May 26 at Whiskey Bay with damage to the back tire. How much damage was not described. The bike was immediately sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab in BR for rushed processing.
-Mickey was an anthropology major at UL with only a semester remaining until graduation.
-Two of the three vehicles of interest who were seen in surveillance video with her have been cleared. The last one, a newer model, white Chevy Z-71 four door's driver has not been found. In the most recent article I've read, it states that they are still searching for the driver of the VOI.

It took me forever to remember all this, but I don't think it is complete. Please feel free to correct me when I'm wrong, I didn't have any of this written down, so some could be wrong.

I'm a fairly recent graduate who majored in a social science (like anthropology) and I can tell you that there's no money in the social sciences. At all. We all do it because we love it, not because it's lucrative.

Exactly! My concentration was historical archaeology and we were told by many professors that new federal government regulations requiring archaeological survey when building roads, etc. would turn our career choice into one that could make us some money. To be honest, none of us really wanted to do that. We wanted to work on sites where we could have the potential to find items that would help us to understand how people lived in a different time. It was never about the money. Nor was it easy work, but it was rewarding!

There are no "facts" to list other than Mickeys missing and they found her bike with a bent rim at Whiskey Bay.

There's some video that shows Mikey on her bike and can help with a timeline but shows no "facts" other than that.

So there's little factual evidence at this point as far as I can see. Maybe I'm missing something and other members can help.

I just listed the basic facts of the case as we know them. Whether these are related to her disappearance or not.

I know way back in the threads I recall mention of Louisianime being held at the Hilton in Lafayette May 18-20.

Does anyone know if the guests were researched through the hotel register and through the organizers of the convention? Does the hotel take down vehicle information when registering guests?

There have been a lot of SO's associated with anime.

Also, maybe one of the guests could have gone out to party and hit Mickey and panicked, heading back out of town after doing so.

It might be a good idea to get in touch with all the organizers of the event and have them send a email to all the guests asking if they may have seen anything.

Great idea!
Facts as I know them:
-Mickey and BW rode their identical (or nearly) bikes to and from the bar back to his place on Ryan St.
-Mickey and BW declined going to Mel's with some friends to go back to his place, then ride to Taco Bell.
-Mickey left BW's house sometime around 1:45am on May 19. He watched her go. BW said she had her mace with her.
-Mickey's bike was found on May 26 at Whiskey Bay with damage to the back tire. How much damage was not described. The bike was immediately sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab in BR for rushed processing.
-Mickey was an anthropology major at UL with only a semester remaining until graduation.
-Two of the three vehicles of interest who were seen in surveillance video with her have been cleared. The last one, a newer model, white Chevy Z-71 four door's driver has not been found. In the most recent article I've read, it states that they are still searching for the driver of the VOI.

It took me forever to remember all this, but I don't think it is complete. Please feel free to correct me when I'm wrong, I didn't have any of this written down, so some could be wrong.
BBM
I don't know which truck is first or last.

Which photo of a white truck is the one with the driver we need to keep a look out for?

I'm asking because I'm not sure which truck is what. They look the same to me.

Exactly! My concentration was historical archaeology and we were told by many professors that new federal government regulations requiring archaeological survey when building roads, etc. would turn our career choice into one that could make us some money. To be honest, none of us really wanted to do that. We wanted to work on sites where we could have the potential to find items that would help us to understand how people lived in a different time. It was never about the money. Nor was it easy work, but it was rewarding!

I'm a linguist, and the month before I graduated, the head of our department told us that her plumber had an MA in linguistics, but decided he could make more money as a plumber than he could as a linguist.

(I'm still a linguist.)

BBM

Which photo of a white truck is the one with the driver we need to keep a look out for?

The truck going the same direction a Mickey on St. Landry. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340345760.207114.jpg

Ranch, they also look the same to me but this is the only one on the Find Mickey Now website.

BBM

pic2.jpg

Vehicle of interest. This photo was take from the findmickeynow.com website. I did not edit it in anyway. I have to say this because there were several floating around this forum that had been altered from their original form.
Mods, I hope it is okay for me to attach it this way. I figured her family/supporters site would be one of the better places to find such a picture.

Please note, if you click on the image of the truck above, it will enlarge it a little bit.

Great idea!
Facts as I know them:

That's a great start. Now maybe we can organize the information like this:

Mickey Shunick: last seen May 19, 2012 at approximately 1:45-2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, LA riding a black and gold Schwinn bicycle

DOB: May 21, 1990
Physical Description:

• Height-5'1" Weight-115 pounds
  • Shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
  • She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots.
  • She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
  • Healed Marilyn scar on right side of face
Background

Timeline
?
?
?

Start filling in every who, what and where we know. Posters can quote the previous list and edit or add. It's important to keep it limited to only facts. Where a detail has not been confirmed but is widely believed, it can be added with an asterisk or a note that it is unconfirmed but likely true.

I realize it sounds elementary, but often when you compile the minutiae into a detailed list a picture begins to emerge (besides a DWT).

Feel free to ask me to edit or take this out if it is too far off-topic or we have moved past it, but my boyfriend responded to the PacMan graffiti like this- (I gave him NO context by the way-just the picture and that it was painted on a wall somewhere)
"I like that -- it makes you think. There's a power-pill not too far from Pac-Man, but the ghost is closer. Now some ghosts in the game move faster than others. Some are faster than Pac-Man and some are slower. You can tell by the colors. Since this particular ghost isn't filled in with a color, it's anyone's guess who is going to get to the pill. Some ghosts also switch direction "randomly" (although the people who have made it through all 99 levels and locked up the game can anticipate the larger programmed patterns)."

He also gave me permission to post that here.
So, a few conclusions-
1. It is ambiguous who will get to the big dot first so no one can tell who it is game over for
2. I am with the biggest nerd ever (and love it)
3. Has any other forum ever analyzed a piece of wall art this much?

I do not feel it is related though. I like the idea of clarifying what we know and perhaps shifting perspectives. I would still like to take a good long hard look at a map and try to figure out exactly where she had to be missing.

I'm a linguist, and the month before I graduated, the head of our department told us that her plumber had an MA in linguistics, but decided he could make more money as a plumber than he could as a linguist.

(I'm still a linguist.)

OT ---Lol... I understand that completely! After several years of working from a cubicle for the State of Louisiana, I retired early to be a stay at home mom. We really don't miss my little bit of salary anymore. We were spending $$$ on daycare. One of my other anthropology friends moved to near Washington D.C. to find a job. A few months later, she become a flight attendant and is still one. I'm hoping by the time my kids are grown, there will be a job out there in my field, but I'm not counting on it. Still, I love archaeology and I always will! I was able to visit Pompeii a few months ago... and it was the single most awesome site I have ever seen or likely will ever see. My husband got dragged around by my inner nerd. I didn't want to miss anything :)

that's a great start. Now maybe we can organize the information like this:

Mickey shunick: Last seen may 19, 2012 at approximately 1:45-2:00 a.m. In lafayette, la riding a black and gold schwinn bicycle

dob: June 20, 1990

physical description: Height-5'1" weight-115 pounds

• shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • she has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
  • she was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots.
  • she was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow vera bradley wallet, a black verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
background
-mickey was an anthropology major at ul with only a semester remaining until graduation.
-mickey and bw were about to move to new orleans together (as friends)
-may 19 was mickey's little brother's high school graduation day.

timeline
?
?
?

Start filling in every who, what and where we know. Posters can quote the previous list and edit or add. It's important to keep it limited to only facts. Where a detail has not been confirmed but is widely believed, it can be added with an asterisk or a note that it is unconfirmed but likely true.

I realize it sounds elementary, but often when you compile the minutiae into a detailed list a picture begins to emerge (besides a dwt).

dob: 5/21/1990?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member