LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO...I just don't think they would do a special dive for things like a backpack that may or may not be there...dives are dangerous and expensive. They dive for people and for weapons, mostly, and if they happen to find other things, so much the better. But what could they really learn from a backpack that had been in water for a month, that would be helpful? Not much, JMO...not enough to make special searches for it.

I think that training dives could be true to an extent but that having them dive where they also want extra eyes to search for Mickey would only make sense.

JMO

I agree with you completely. I don't think they are diving for something that might be there. Maybe they finally got the forensics back on the back and there is reason to believe something else important was originally with the bike. It could be a weapon, etc. Or, maybe those special dogs found certain areas they needed to go back and search. JMO, as always. We are all in the dark with all of this anyway :(

I agree with you completely. I don't think they are diving for something that might be there. Maybe they finally got the forensics back on the back and there is reason to believe something else important was originally with the bike. It could be a weapon, etc. Or, maybe those special dogs found certain areas they needed to go back and search. JMO, as always. We are all in the dark with all of this anyway :(

It's okay. I get the feeling it wont be long before we have info.-- It's not one of those weird hippie crystal ball feelings or anything, just the thought that by this point something's gotta happen for us and the family.

LA

My guess is that once the perp was "done" with his crime, he had to get rid of the bike and decided to throw out the idea that a serial killer was at work, knowing that people would associate WB with SK's...the actual perp may well be just some onetime Joe who took his chance when he saw Mickey on her bike. Unfortunately, he may be much harder to catch, if he is a "nobody", criminal records-wise.

People ask how people can blend back into their normal lives after committing crimes, but they do it all the time. We often hear from shocked neighbors and family members when someone is finally arrested for a major crime. Most people can live with the guilt, it seems, if it keeps them from going to prison...

JMO

I must admit, I have been wondering about forensics... however, with our LE being so tight lipped, we may never know. JMO I DON'T LIKE IT, AND THAT IS JUST MY OPINION TOO! HAHA

I don't think LE will tell us anything about forensics being back from the lab...we may just have to guess by whatever actions, or non-actions take place.

If the article posted earlier today is correct, the white truck has not yet been located, and LE is saying they have nothing new to go on.

It's okay. I get the feeling it wont be long before we have info.

LA

I hope you are right LA! I can barely sleep and I need it because I'm due to have a baby on July 2! I want her back with her family and still hoping she is somehow still alive. And, I want the perp(s) who took her to rot in jail for all eternity. I know it is a lot to ask, but it could happen.

My guess is that once the perp was "done" with his crime, he had to get rid of the bike and decided to throw out the idea that a serial killer was at work, knowing that people would associate WB with SK's...the actual perp may well be just some onetime Joe who took his chance when he saw Mickey on her bike. Unfortunately, he may be much harder to catch, if he is a "nobody", criminal records-wise.

People ask how people can blend back into their normal lives after committing crimes, but they do it all the time. We often hear from shocked neighbors and family members when someone is finally arrested for a major crime. Most people can live with the guilt, it seems, if it keeps them from going to prison...

JMO

I have a friend who has a brother who is schizophrenic who has to live with her. He refuses to take medication, because he states that God has healed him. ( no offense to anyone who believes in this type of thing) Recently her husband went out to start the gas grill and it was not "connected" properly and it caught both cars and their garage on fire.

When I asked her if her brother might have something to do with it, she said NO... he's happy all the time, and never goes out that door. It's locked.

So there ya go. Killers are most definitely insane, and insane people are crafty and duplicitous, and the people who love them are in denial most of the time.

So our perp is most likely like my friend's brother. Reads the bible daily. Charming, able to talk to anyone, and happy go lucky. Exceptionally bright, chooses his words and deeds carefully so as not to arouse suspicion. Not the kind of guy you'd expect AT all. That's why they get away with all of the things they do.

Let's hope this one does not.

of course as always it's my opinion, I could be totally wrong, and I freely admit it.

LA

I've long believed that WB was merely a dump site and a diversionary tactic.

Oh, and MS isn't under that truck.

IIRC from the earlier threads, MS has a perfectly good car, but she preferred riding her bike. If that is the case, and MS wanted to go away for a while, wouldn't she ride her bike home and leave town in her car? This, plus the bike dump makes me rule out that she left of her own accord.

I don't think LE will tell us anything about forensics being back from the lab...we may just have to guess by whatever actions, or non-actions take place.

If the article posted earlier today is correct, the white truck has not yet been located, and LE is saying they have nothing new to go on.

I don't think they will let us know either. If they are indeed back out there searching, then it would seem they have something to go out there on. I'm sticking with them being out there due to one of two things: 1) Forensics from the bike pointing to something worth searching out; 2) The special K-9 unit finding a new area(s) they should search at WB.

I don't think they will let us know either. If they are indeed back out there searching, then it would seem they have something to go out there on. I'm sticking with them being out there due to one of two things: 1) Forensics from the bike pointing to something worth searching out; 2) The special K-9 unit finding a new area(s) they should search at WB.

Oh I agree, they are not out there cause they feel like swimming. I sure hope they find something soon.

LA

Let's hope this works. Fort worth mayor Betsy Price, a seasoned cyclist. Was roding a paved trail Saturday, got her tire stuck in a crack and fell, knocked out, broken collarbone.

Maybe this happen to Mickey?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/video?

autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7421268

LA

I have a friend who has a brother who is schizophrenic who has to live with her. He refuses to take medication, because he states that God has healed him. ( no offense to anyone who believes in this type of thing) Recently her husband went out to start the gas grill and it was not "connected" properly and it caught both cars and their garage on fire.

When I asked her if her brother might have something to do with it, she said NO... he's happy all the time, and never goes out that door. It's locked.

So there ya go. Killers are most definitely insane, and insane people are crafty and duplicitous, and the people who love them are in denial most of the time.

So our perp is most likely like my friend's brother. Reads the bible daily. Charming, able to talk to anyone, and happy go lucky. Exceptionally bright, chooses his words and deeds carefully so as not to arouse suspicion. Not the kind of guy you'd expect AT all. That's why they get away with all of the things they do.

Let's hope this one does not.

of course as always it's my opinion, I could be totally wrong, and I freely admit it.

LA

Your story reminds of me of a similar situation. We had some people move close to us one time that were from a few towns over. They didn't really know anyone in our town. They were a nice young couple. He worked she was a stay at home mom to two very young children. We became friends with her on a social networking site and everyday she would post bible scriptures and post about how amazing her life was, etc. After talking to her a few more times I noticed something was a little off even though she tried so hard to be nice. My mother in law told me I was being too hard on the girl whenever I would bring up the odd things she did.

A year or so later they had police cars, ambulance and a ton of their family members at their house. Turns out she had been abusing both pills and her children. Kids got taken away and she is being healed by God. Yep.

(Btw, I am a believer of God and don't mean to offend anyone. I also believe that if you walk the walk, you don't have to talk the talk).

Anyway, I know I don't post much, but I keep up with the threads. You guys are awesome! Okay, back on topic ;)

It's okay. I get the feeling it wont be long before we have info.-- It's not one of those weird hippie crystal ball feelings or anything, just the thought that by this point something's gotta happen for us and the family.

LA

It only took 30 years for Etan Patz case to be solved!

I wandered into the old missing persons cases the other day. Some of these people have been missing for 50+ years :( It makes me sick to think of any family having to die and never know where a loved one is or why they were taken.

JMO

Sociopaths don't experience the feeling of guilt so it's very easy for them to go about their business after doing something horrible. Some may sweat getting caught, though.

I think someone said on the previous thread that the search currently going on at WB isn't related to Mickey at all, but that they're looking for submerged cars.

ETA: Found it. Link to direct post
You wouldn't believe the number of vehicles that are in the lakes rivers bayous ponds etc. From what I was told, during the search for Lillian High and her car, last year, IIRC, it was over 100 cars found in Houston bayous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive