LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sociopaths don't experience the feeling of guilt so it's very easy for them to go about their business after doing something horrible. Some may sweat getting caught, though.

I had an old boyfriend who told me he had been diagnosed as one, but was working to be better. I guess he felt I would hang out with him while he was on the mend.

I did not.

Hopefully our guy is sweating, and hopefully he has a partner who was not as quick to leave as I was. I would like them to turn him in NOW.

LA

I have a friend who has a brother who is schizophrenic who has to live with her. He refuses to take medication, because he states that God has healed him. ( no offense to anyone who believes in this type of thing) Recently her husband went out to start the gas grill and it was not "connected" properly and it caught both cars and their garage on fire.

When I asked her if her brother might have something to do with it, she said NO... he's happy all the time, and never goes out that door. It's locked.

So there ya go. Killers are most definitely insane, and insane people are crafty and duplicitous, and the people who love them are in denial most of the time.

So our perp is most likely like my friend's brother. Reads the bible daily. Charming, able to talk to anyone, and happy go lucky. Exceptionally bright, chooses his words and deeds carefully so as not to arouse suspicion. Not the kind of guy you'd expect AT all. That's why they get away with all of the things they do.

Let's hope this one does not.

of course as always it's my opinion, I could be totally wrong, and I freely admit it.

LA

And a mother's always protect their children, especially when they are mentally ill regardless of what they do and regardless of who they do it do. The whole family walks on eggshells to protect the secret. The elephant in the middle of the room. put on the happy face and pretend. And cover and make excuses for their behavior. becuase it's never their fault. every family has one. Sometimes it's just a black sheep, and sometimes it's much worse.

I have a friend who has a brother who is schizophrenic who has to live with her. He refuses to take medication, because he states that God has healed him. ( no offense to anyone who believes in this type of thing) Recently her husband went out to start the gas grill and it was not "connected" properly and it caught both cars and their garage on fire.

When I asked her if her brother might have something to do with it, she said NO... he's happy all the time, and never goes out that door. It's locked.

So there ya go. Killers are most definitely insane, and insane people are crafty and duplicitous, and the people who love them are in denial most of the time.

So our perp is most likely like my friend's brother. Reads the bible daily. Charming, able to talk to anyone, and happy go lucky. Exceptionally bright, chooses his words and deeds carefully so as not to arouse suspicion. Not the kind of guy you'd expect AT all. That's why they get away with all of the things they do.

Let's hope this one does not.

of course as always it's my opinion, I could be totally wrong, and I freely admit it.

LA

Schizophrenics are mentally ill. Most symptoms can be managed with drugs. When they they're having problems, they seem WAY out of it and can't interact very normally. Sociopaths (includes/same as psychopaths) are not mentally ill. Their brains are different and they do not feel empathy. They can act as though they do by observing normal people and mimicking their behavior. They're very good at acting normal. The film, A Beautiful Mind, was about a schizophrenic. Ted Bundy was a sociopath. Very different.

hth

Let's hope this works. Fort worth mayor Betsy Price, a seasoned cyclist. Was roding a paved trail Saturday, got her tire stuck in a crack and fell, knocked out, broken collarbone.

Maybe this happen to Mickey?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/video?

autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7421268

LA
If this could have happened to MS, would the dogs been able to scent what direction was next? My Redbone coon can track out the yard, down the street, howling till she finds her location of interest.

If this could have happened to MS, would the dogs been able to scent what direction was next? My Redbone coon can track out the yard, down the street, howling till she finds her location of interest.

I would think so. I do not know for sure tho.

LA

Schizophrenics are mentally ill. Most symptoms can be managed with drugs. When they they're having problems, they seem WAY out of it and can't interact very normally. Sociopaths (includes/same as psychopaths) are not mentally ill. Their brains are different and they do not feel empathy. They can act as though they do by observing normal people and mimicking their behavior. They're very good at acting normal. The film, A Beautiful Mind, was about a schizophrenic. Ted Bundy was a sociopath. Very different.

hth

Correct, and my friends bro is a schizophrenic with bi-polar.

LA

I had an old boyfriend who told me he had been diagnosed as one, but was working to be better. I guess he felt I would hang out with him while he was on the mend.

I did not.

Hopefully our guy is sweating, and hopefully he has a partner who was not as quick to leave as I was. I would like them to turn him in NOW.

LA

I'm happy for you that you got out of the relationship. MANY people are sociopaths and many more people get their lives seriously damaged by them. I speak from personal experience!

hth

Unfortunately if someone is schizophrenic after each episode their brain becomes altered more and more although their symptoms can be controlled their brain never goes back to its original state it's a very sad illness it happens to normal people out of the blue usually in people college aged

I don't think the perp is mentally ill in any medical sense...although if ever caught, that is not to say he won't claim to be.

I don't think the perp is mentally ill in any medical sense...although if ever caught, that is not to say he won't claim to be.

I tend to believe that anyone who can take anyone else by force possibly and then never come forward at ALL after the fact is definitely damaged goods.

Growing up in the South, I've met a lot of crazy. There's good crazy and this is definitely the bad kind...

JMO.

LA

I think anyone who commits a crime like this one has some form of mental illness but I think regardless of their issues they still should be locked up due to the simple fact of being such a danger to the community but unfortunately that's not how the law works

Slightly OT here--but watching the Amber Dubois case on ID last night was eye opening as Gardner spoke of the abduction, the how he got this girl off the street and into his truck. An amazing glimpse into utter darkness. It followed the story from beginning to end and one could see the family unraveling into utter despair. If you have the chance to watch it and you are strong (at the end I was crying so hard my dogs were laying in my lap) do it.

Sometime I just want to scream instead of cry. As a society we seem so out of control our legislature is legislating 'common sense' into laws. (getting down from my tiny little soap box, sorry)

Slightly OT here--but watching the Amber Dubois case on ID last night was eye opening as Gardner spoke of the abduction, the how he got this girl off the street and into his truck. An amazing glimpse into utter darkness. It followed the story from beginning to end and one could see the family unraveling into utter despair. If you have the chance to watch it and you are strong (at the end I was crying so hard my dogs were laying in my lap) do it.

Sometime I just want to scream instead of cry. As a society we seem so out of control our legislature is legislating 'common sense' into laws. (getting down from my tiny little soap box, sorry)

Amber's case is my weakness...she was such a vulnerable childlike girl...and then to know he stabbed and strangled her to death just made me so sick, I have never really stopped thinking about her...

But Mickey is not a child, she is an adult, so luring her in such a way should not have been so simple; she carried mace, she knew the dangers she faced out there. I can't believe she was talked into anything by a stranger. There had to be force, IMO.

Ok, I have an OT theory about the WT.... What if the driver hasn't come forward because he wasn't where he was supposed to be?! ie - wife/gf/s.o. didn't know they were out downtown?

I wandered into the old missing persons cases the other day. Some of these people have been missing for 50+ years :( It makes me sick to think of any family having to die and never know where a loved one is or why they were taken.

OT, and a little different, except for my mother.

My eldest brother has had significant mental health issues for decades. He went missing for about 10 years.

My mother became ill & died during that time and she talked about not knowing how many living children she was leaving behind. It pained her greatly, he's her firstborn.

I may never completely forgive him for that.

When these missing cases go on & on and drift off the radar, I always think about the mothers not knowing how many living children they have.

The most basic question - how many children do I leave behind? Going to their graves without knowing.

It's heartbreaking.

hth

WOW!!! This is exactly what I've always read. It's scary to me that they 'act' normal by mimicking normal people and have absolutely no empathy or regret. Thanks for post.

Intelligent adult women are abducted by strangers fairly often. These kinds of people know just what to say or do to get women to let their guards down.

Intelligent adult women are abducted by strangers fairly often. These kinds of people know just what to say or do to get women to let their guards down.

Possibly by force though...the sad thing is, in many cases we don't know what it was that was used to take them, since they are often not found...I follow so many cases here where the victim is never found, it is just so hard to believe that Mickey will be different. I don't want to say I hope so, as I hope the same for all of them, no one is more important than another...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc