LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the gf also worked and I think lived at the stables. That is how he met Mickey. I have questioned that falling out and how upset she must be that not only did her and BW not pan out but it obviously strained (BW's words) her friendship with Mickey. I can't be the only one who wonders why? It was concerning enough for BW to mention it in the video interview he gave where it's real noisy, and you have to listen close to catch specifics. Same interview he states they laughed about who could pick up guys easier. Why would he mention it, if not relevant, in his own mind? Either the ex GF or guy interested in BW or MS could be possessive of their friendship and do something off kilter to mess up their plans to move in together and out of town.

Agreed, a Tagging Artist didn't draw that graffiti IMO, and I have the same question. Also, while LE asked everyone to look on video surveillance for Mickey, I think it would be equally important for everyone to have been asked for footage of the Hooptie and the WT if they had any. While they needed to know where Mickey turned or how far she got towards home. I think it is equally as important to know where those vehicles turned and where they went past the LCG building. Even the "cleared" ones. Many SK's passed home and vehicle searches, lie detector tests and various other interrogations and killed many more people before being caught. Nobody should be off their radar.

I think the hooptie got thrown in our faces because it's driver is known to authorities, it was the first familiar vehicle they saw, even though I hear it's 12 minutes beyond the time frame of 1:49am. I'd love to see some footage from elsewhere just to establish time. I understand if people are afraid to share for personal reasons.

My theory is that Mickey was hit by the Z71. I think I see a hooded person looking down at Mickey from the passenger seat, who I think is under the roadwork sign. I think the light on University had just changed from the direction Mickey was going to favor those traveling on University, allowing the truck to take a turn onto St.Landry?
I think they grabbed the girl and not the bike. I think in the truck picture Mickey is below the road sign and there is something black over her mouth. She is looking really petite next to the truck, like a child. I think the bike is under the truck with the glow of the battery driven bike light having a different quality than 12volt halogen light from the truck, and the reflected light from the gas station. I think those on the gas station islands couldn't see far beyond the gas station because it's so well lit.

**just today it occurred to me that the truck could have been in front of Mickey all along, and that is why she stopped, and why all of the trucks tail lights are on, indicating brake+reverse. I'll be going back to Texaslil's map to see what was in front of Mickey.**

I think they might have only traveled a block or so to get where they wanted to go. I think someone ought to search the 2 story building shown in the 'hooptie' picture, especially the right hand units. Why not search the buildings behind it?

I'll spare you my blow-ups, this time. But you know that I've felt all along that Mickey herself is in the truck picture, and I've provided a red circle in the area where I think I see Mickey. When I made that I had a big true-color monitor, and photoshop. I'm not with my personal gear now, and what I have access to isn't helpful for sleuthing.

Is anybody aware of a wig or wigged mask combination that could successfully imitate the "Mickey" look?

Did Mickey have a particular bike shop that she shopped at? If so, IMO, it might be a good idea to check all the staff that works there? Perhaps?

Thinking out loud: if the hand grips were removed for DNA reasons...why would they put them in the water right there with the bike??

Good point. The grips were the rubbery kind, not the foam kind, and IMO, if they had been removed from the handlebars, they would have floated away.

Bolding added by me.

I originally thought this too, but, just the grips? Taking the grips off isn't going to do much to ease getting a bike into a vehicle. The handlebars, on the other hand, would definitely help that effort.

Maybe we're giving Cpl Mouton too much credit? We know (whether it be from personal knowledge, reading on here, or research after the fact) that "hand
grips" are technically those rubber things that go on the bike's handlebars. But did Cpl Mouton know that? Handlebars are technically ways to grip the bike by hands. He could have accidentally blurted out a term that he meant to stand for handlebars but that term actually had real meaning different from what he intended. Since he refused to re-address the comment, unfortunately, unless LE releases a new statement on the bike we will never know if the entire bike frame was found assembled, with just the hand grips removed, or if the bike frame was found, and then the handle bars were found separate.

I'm going to give Mouton the benefit of the doubt. My three year old grandson knows the difference between handle bars and hand grips, and I bet Mouton does, too.

I hate to say it, but I think I see more focus in earlier threads. Here is a classic comment:

It may have had to come from somewhere, but it did not have to come far if it had been 'living' at 215 st landry street in 2009 on the google map; if he was not living there now, he may have just moved a block or two away. He would not have had to drive into town and we would not be needing to look for anyone driving into town. MS could be at 215 St landry right now as hostage as we speak...

Page 24 of thread #15

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7990666"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7990666[/ame]

Mickey is a local with regular habits. People have eyes to see with, and plenty of DWTiq's right there on St.Landry. LE ought to go after work logs for every business, government building, and residence in that 1 block area of the last video still.

Is the Google satellite view more current? Most of the yellow man street view stuff is dated 2010,2009.

Has anyone been able to read the lettering on the tool box hanging on the passenger rear of the DWT? It seems to me to be the most significant
identifyer of the truck.

It looks yellow to me and it appears to have two lines of lettering.

There is also a template on the Mickey FB for anyone who wants to print
business size cards with the Mickey Missing information. Great idea I think.

Thanks

I said this earlier on that there was the possibility this was all about BW and not MS and was in retaliation for something.

5/9 BW bike missing, found in cemetery
5/19 MS & bike missing, found in WB (bike) and ???

I have been confused about BW and if he is bisexual. It was said he had a GF who MS had been friends with & she had a falling out with.There was an odd comment he made about him & Mickey joking about which one of them could pick up guys faster. Was he implying he was bi or gay or that Mickey had difficulty meeting guys? If he is not heterosexual, did he at some recent time get MS to go talk to some guy and introduce them
and the guy get really offended when he realized it was not cute little MS that was after him but BW?
So many ideas and no answers....

My gift says he was probably NOT confused about his sexuality, and the fact that he admitted to a news reporter that they "joked" about who could pick up men faster points to him being gay. The fact that he also admitted she was "cool" like that is further proof.

I have a best friend that is gay, in many ways he was my BW. He thought I was the coolest thing in the world and frankly many people thought I was his girlfriend. ( which cracks me up even now)

Perhaps someone from BW's past was jealous of the friendship they had.

Let me tell you it does happen. There are more crazy women and men inthis world than I care to count.

*** my gift is gaydar, it's proven to exist..

JMO..

Did Mickey have a particular bike shop that she shopped at? If so, IMO, it might be a good idea to check all the staff that works there? Perhaps?

very good idea. The nearest one to her home would be Capitol Schwinn Cyclery on Johnston Street. It's on the left before Guilbeau on the discount tires side.

I hope I got this right. I avoid Johnston like the plague when I go home.

I don't recall reading this...but have we been told by LPD what time Mickeys phone stopped pinging or went dead?

Spring semester was over when Mickey disappeared so there were a lot less students around than when school is in session. Often times students will go to McKinley street bars or downtown to Downtown Alive (outside) and then the clubs on Jefferson St. Some will hang out at the sports bar near Campus Crossings Apts across from Taco Bell on Congress St. depending on where they live or want to go. I am trying to figure out if the bike video was from the St Landry St area or if it was a video from inside somewhere else-like perhaps a business on Congress St. I may have missed it but it wasn't clear to me where exactly Chief was talking about.

the video of Mickey on the bike is at the corner of St. Landry and University. The footage comes from cameras at City Hall.

I took pictures of Mickey's route and posted them. I'll post them again. There aren't many houses with driveways facing Mickey on her route.

It's great to have so many new posters. It may be a good for you guys to read through previous threads to learn why certain ideas are considered more unlikely than others.

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp175/Ivorywolf2002/St%20Landry%20St/

Start from the last pictures and work your way forward to get an idea of St. Landry/Colesieum/ St. Julien area. Photobucket put the first pictures at the end, and I haven't had time to go rearrange them.

Just a wig would do. The rest would be rather easy regular clothes.

Why? hmm.

because if we didn't have the hair, we wouldn't have positive ID. Mickey is not shown in the Taco Bell drive through, but her crebit card made an appearance.
We can agree there was a passenger. we put a lot of time into 3 grainy stills.
It was a lucky thing for those last seen with Mickey that there is video of her at 1:48am, May19th.

I don't recall reading this...but have we been told by LPD what time Mickeys phone stopped pinging or went dead?

LE asked for help with any sightings between 1:45 and 3:30 I believe. This leads me to believe the phone went off at that time.

So let's think logically.

1:48 last time Mickey sighted
1:51 second white truck possibly same white truck ( please dont throw stuff at me, I'm thinking here) seen in opposite direction
would give a quick moving perp/s time to grab her, wrestle her in truck throw bike in back. some say difference in time is as much as 12 minutes which makes more sense, but would have given someone the opportunity to see something

The rest is theory and JMO

Let's say it took til about 2:05 to get her in the truck. I would think they may have pulled over some where to secure her.

So let's say they pull over on one of the side streets off of University and tie her up, threaten her, and maybe knock her out, if she is not ...

It's 2:10- 2:12 by this point-

25 minutes later they are at WB.

2:37-2:40 With Mickey firmly secured in the truck they throw bike in the water. They hear it land with a splash and hurry back to the truck. They do not see any of it and figure it is gone for good.

2:45-3:15 bring Mickey to location in local area arrive at 3:15
Get Mickey out of truck, perhaps a bit of a struggle, secure her
take her purse, phone, etc if you do not have it..

3:30 turn off the phone.

Now this is just a timeline I have considered, it is not factual at all, just theory and opinion.

My question is this. If that's the case, could they know last tower it pulled from prior to being powered down?

because if we didn't have the hair, we wouldn't have positive ID. Mickey is not shown in the Taco Bell drive through, but her crebit card made an appearance.
We can agree there was a passenger. we put a lot of time into 3 grainy stills.
It was a lucky thing for those last seen with Mickey that there is video of her at 1:48am, May19th.

I see where you are going with this, but she had a conversation with a friend right after the Taco Bell run saying she had Taco Bell.

So your theory is that she lied to this friend? For what reason?

the video of Mickey on the bike is at the corner of St. Landry and University. The footage comes from cameras at City Hall.

I took pictures of Mickey's route and posted them. I'll post them again. There aren't many houses with driveways facing Mickey on her route.

It's great to have so many new posters. It may be a good for you guys to read through previous threads to learn why certain ideas are considered more unlikely than others.

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp175/Ivorywolf2002/St%20Landry%20St/

Start from the last pictures and work your way forward to get an idea of St. Landry/Colesieum/ St. Julien area. Photobucket put the first pictures at the end, and I haven't had time to go rearrange them.

Looking at this route with so many long stretches of desolation brings such a multiple of possibilities. I don't recall seeing the Circle K. did I miss it? Also, were there any small motels along the way?

My theory is that Mickey was hit by the Z71. I think I see a hooded person looking down at Mickey from the passenger seat, who I think is under the roadwork sign. I think the light on University had just changed from the direction Mickey was going to favor those traveling on University, allowing the truck to take a turn onto St.Landry?
I think they grabbed the girl and not the bike. I think in the truck picture Mickey is below the road sign and there is something black over her mouth. She is looking really petite next to the truck, like a child. I think the bike is under the truck with the glow of the battery driven bike light having a different quality than 12volt halogen light from the truck, and the reflected light from the gas station. I think those on the gas station islands couldn't see far beyond the gas station because it's so well lit.

**just today it occurred to me that the truck could have been in front of Mickey all along, and that is why she stopped, and why all of the trucks tail lights are on, indicating brake+reverse. I'll be going back to Texaslil's map to see what was in front of Mickey.**

I think they might have only traveled a block or so to get where they wanted to go. I think someone ought to search the 2 story building shown in the 'hooptie' picture, especially the right hand units. Why not search the buildings behind it?

I'll spare you my blow-ups, this time. But you know that I've felt all along that Mickey herself is in the truck picture, and I've provided a red circle in the area where I think I see Mickey. When I made that I had a big true-color monitor, and photoshop. I'm not with my personal gear now, and what I have access to isn't helpful for sleuthing.

With all due respect, you honestly think LE would release a photo to the public of a young girl getting ran over by a truck? With no details and no urgency in finding this truck?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member