LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I've been reading Mickey's thread since the beginning and just wanted to pop in and reveal my lurkiness :). There are so many interesting theories and I hope somehow something or someone will bring Mickey home.
This case caught my eye because I'm a Louisiana native, used to hang out in Lafayette sometimes while attending LSU.
Good luck to all!!

Hi all! I've been reading Mickey's thread since the beginning and just wanted to pop in and reveal my lurkiness :). There are so many interesting theories and I hope somehow something or someone will bring Mickey home.
This case caught my eye because I'm a Louisiana native, used to hang out in Lafayette sometimes while attending LSU.
Good luck to all!!

:welcome:

Wasn't there talk of MS talking to a guy with long blonde hair that night...or am I off my rocker. Anyone remember anything about that?

I know... you're shocked...SHOCKED at such a suggestion.. but here we are, weeks later, absolutely no wiser.. Local LE was quick quick to indicate that this investigation was costing them lots of money. Local LE had drunk driver road blocks operating in the area on the night of May 19th. I'll be frank, and get banned again. NO I DON'T TRUST LE. No I don't trust BW!! and I DON'T TRUST every PI either. C U in a couple of days if I get banned again.

Love to get an actual date for every bit of road work done on Saint Landry in May of 2012.

Where were the roadblocks?

I still believe that the DWT is a witness, not a perp. Because of the way the photo of the DWT is cropped compared to the one with MS, I think that there was a vehicle pulled into the parking lot of the LCG. When they saw Mickey ride past, they started to pull out behind her, before they could get on the street the DWT came by. I think the reflection of their lights shows on the front part of the DWT. Perp pulls out, DWT drives past MS, perp is now behind her on the street. He bumps her rear tire, she stops and the perp moves in for the abduction.
-----------

LCG parking lot is across the street from the Circle K, the parking lot near where the DWT is parked, correct?

Just want to make sure I have my buildings straight.

Thank you.

Wasn't there talk of MS talking to a guy with long blonde hair that night...or am I off my rocker. Anyone remember anything about that?

Ive been lurking since the beginning and do remember this being said fairly recent but I think it was more of a "while in a gas station I overheard a guy talking about another guy seeing a man with long blonde hair.." rumor type thing?

Eta/Found it..thread 28 page 42 i do believe

My experience with LE in the Lafayette area..:: My uncle was murdered years ago in Scott and LE was telling my family NADA, after awhile their silence was very upsetting because it seemed as if they had forgotten all about the case..turns out they were working very had and caught the two guys that did it! It took them longer than we would have liked but, hey, they were still working on it :) Anytime I start feeling frustrated with LE on the MS case I try to remind myself that they know way more than we think and they've not forgotten about Mickey! I hope so anyway :/

I still believe that the DWT is a witness, not a perp. Because of the way the photo of the DWT is cropped compared to the one with MS, I think that there was a vehicle pulled into the parking lot of the LCG. When they saw Mickey ride past, they started to pull out behind her, before they could get on the street the DWT came by. I think the reflection of their lights shows on the front part of the DWT. Perp pulls out, DWT drives past MS, perp is now behind her on the street. He bumps her rear tire, she stops and the perp moves in for the abduction.
-------------
I've also considered that the DWT could have initially been parked in the LCG parking lot, then when Mickey went by, turned the corner, drove up, bumped her, backed up to the position where the still of the DWT is, in front of the LCG parking lot.

And who is say that another vehicle wasn't also parked in the LCG parking lot to assist with the abduction?

-------------
I've also considered that the DWT could have initially been parked in the LCG parking lot, then when Mickey went by, turned the corner, drove up, bumped her, backed up to the position where the still of the DWT is, in front of the LCG parking lot.

And who is say that another vehicle wasn't also parked in the LCG parking lot to assist with the abduction?

There has to be a reason that the 2 stills are cropped differently, which leads me to believe there is a vehicle there that moved up after Mickey rode by and you can see it (or part of it) in her still. That would then explain the light source that shows on the front of the truck that doesn't appear when Mickey is in the frame. IF that is the case, LE may know what the vehicle looks like and not want us to see it.

Mickey was an Anthropology major. Break was beginning. Am I wrong in thinking that there were foreign exchange students, or visitors on campus who may have observed her? Have they been cleared?

There has to be a reason that the 2 stills are cropped differently, which leads me to believe there is a vehicle there that moved up after Mickey rode by and you can see it (or part of it) in her still. That would then explain the light source that shows on the front of the truck that doesn't appear when Mickey is in the frame. IF that is the case, LE may know what the vehicle looks like and not want us to see it.
--------
Yes, that light source on the right-hand, upper side of the truck mystified me.

--------
Yes, that light source on the right-hand, upper side of the truck mystified me.

Because it is a video, that vehicle would have shown had it pulled out of the lot. Since we have not seen the stills and it was not a VOI, I suspect that LE knows who the vehicle belongs to and they are a POI. LE has not released those stills because they don't want the perp to know they are on to him/her.

Because it is a video, that vehicle would have shown had it pulled out of the lot. Since we have not seen the stills and it was not a VOI, I suspect that LE knows who the vehicle belongs to and they are a POI. LE has not released those stills because they don't want the perp to know they are on to him/her.
------

I know.

I am the poster on these threads who originally proposed that only selected stills were released from the video.

My experience with LE in the Lafayette area..:: My uncle was murdered years ago in Scott and LE was telling my family NADA, after awhile their silence was very upsetting because it seemed as if they had forgotten all about the case..turns out they were working very had and caught the two guys that did it! It took them longer than we would have liked but, hey, they were still working on it :) Anytime I start feeling frustrated with LE on the MS case I try to remind myself that they know way more than we think and they've not forgotten about Mickey! I hope so anyway :/

Thanks! I know they are hiding things for a reason, but man it really bothers those of us that want to see this guy caught.

I don't think she owed money. I don't see money as being an object in this situation. It appears to me her family was well off. She had a $2,000 bike, 2 horses, and a car. She'd grown up jumping horses. Lessons, training, stabling, horses, animals, vet bills are not cheap. And she worked so I don't think she would have owed anyone money for marijuana. She was probably selling her horse for money to move to NO.

Aw geez. And I actually said something else. I know theres high end bikes in the thousands, but that one I can't see it. I see nothing specia about itl. A $2000 dollar bike is enough to want to steal. Coulda went wrong and the bike got damaged and then Mickey and the bike had to disappear. People have been killed for far less. JMO

Yes, her credit card made an appearance... And her being there was also corroborated by the friend she spoke with that night, as well as bw. It's logical to come to the conclusion she was at taco bell. There is a factual basis that supports this... And when we make conclusions based on facts or ideas relevant to the case we can stay away from "wild speculation", which we've been told time and again to not do. It takes away from WS's credibility, which is precisely why knowing and understanding the tos is so important. Not sure if some are unaware or if the tos are just being ignored. I'm leaning towards the latter, considering how often they're being violated. I see poster's initials on the posts explaining them at the start of each thread, yet those posters turn around and start sleuthing people (ex bw), throw out wild speculations (no facts to back it up), disregard requests by the mods (family, pi's, bashing le), etc... It's quite frustrating because it makes us all look bad...

I am starting to wonder about the taco bell thing. Along with some other things... What if you take the white truck out of it? Reread all the "facts" - then see why they are considered to be fact (whose interview, word of mouth, newspaper report). Then question if you believe it was correct/truthful/whatever word you want to insert. Then see what you're left with. I know we can't sleuth others on here, but you can "do the math" and see what you come up with.

Thanks! I know they are hiding things for a reason, but man it really bothers those of us that want to see this guy caught.
-----------
Let's hope that LE is intensively investigating. I pray that is the case. Also, that the P.I.(s) can follow-up if LE needs the support. I saw the resolution of the Dru Sjodin abduction case, when the P.I. (ex-LE) hired by the family, found her body. Some of us posting on this case, also suggested possible clues as to the suspect's comfort zone (different time, 2004, different crime website). There was resolution, and it was due to the P.I.'s diligence, in that case.

Ok - this is the only thing that has made any sense to me so far about why the LE is being so quiet, why the full video hasn't been released, and why (a question I asked many threads ago but was answered that it wasn't really any big deal) the still shots they did show are cropped differently.

I am going to move forward believing that this is the scenario:

1. POI's Car/truck is parked in the parking lot across from the Circle K

2. Mickey bikes past.

3. Car pulls out and does whatever it does with Mickey (Bumps her? gets her to stop somehow? etc).

4. Z71 White truck (who was following behind mickey and facing away from intersection in its picture) witnesses this and the reason it has on it's break lights in the picture is because it has to stop because of what is happening off camera but in front of it on Landry. OR, it has it's breaks on because there is a vehicle (the POI) in that parking lot with it's lights on (which would explain the weird light no one can really seem to explain) that is about to turn out of the parking lot in front of it and do whatever it does to Mickey?

Coming to these conclusions answers all of the questions I've had up to this point about the weird way LE has handled the video and dealt with not releasing more information and detail, not to mention some weird things in the pictures that just don't seem to make sense. I'm praying that LE has a lot more info that they haven't shared and it's related to an actual POI or VOI. ( And well, because really they haven't shared anything that could help the public bring an end to this case).

On another note: could the reason the LE has let us all stay confused about the white trucks in the pictures and not clarifying which is which is because there are actually three different white trucks and the one that we believe is time stamped 1:51 is the POI or VOI (that theoretically was parked in the parking lot across the street from the circle K) and it's to their advantage to let us think it's been ruled out?

Just thinking out loud here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member