LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely a sluethable angle. It would be someone she kind of knew, but someone who thought they knew her well.

Here's all the bike shops I could find in lafayette

Capitol cyclery
Presicion bikes
recycled cycles- the type of shop a girl like MS would go into.

Sorry but with horses, jumping lessons, a car and expensive bike I just don't see the "recycled cycles-the type of shop a girl like MS would
go to."

Ok - this is the only thing that has made any sense to me so far about why the LE is being so quiet, why the full video hasn't been released, and why (a question I asked many threads ago but was answered that it wasn't really any big deal) the still shots they did show are cropped differently.

I am going to move forward believing that this is the scenario:

1. POI's Car/truck is parked in the parking lot across from the Circle K

2. Mickey bikes past.

3. Car pulls out and does whatever it does with Mickey (Bumps her? gets her to stop somehow? etc).

4. Z71 White truck (who was following behind mickey and facing away from intersection in its picture) witnesses this and the reason it has on it's break lights in the picture is because it has to stop because of what is happening off camera but in front of it on Landry. OR, it has it's breaks on because there is a vehicle in that parking lot with it's lights on (which would explain the weird light no one can really seem to explain) that is about to turn out of the parking lot in front of it?

Coming to these conclusions answers all of the questions I've had up to this point about the weird way LE has handled the video and dealt with not releasing more information and detail, not to mention some weird things in the pictures that just don't seem to make sense. I'm praying that LE has a lot more info that they haven't shared and it's related to an actual POI or VOI. ( And well, because really they haven't shared anything that could help the public bring an end to this case).

On another note: could the reason the LE has let us all stay confused about the white trucks in the pictures and not clarifying which is which is because there are actually three different white trucks and the one that we believe is time stamped 1:51 is the POI or VOI (that theoretically was parked in the parking lot across the street from the circle K) and it's to their advantage to let us think it's been ruled out?

Just thinking out loud here.
----------
Um, I'm the one who originally posted that it was obvious that stills were released from the video -- many threads, pages ago...

Aw geez. And I actually said something else. I know theres high end bikes in the thousands, but that one I can't see it. I see nothing specia about itl. A $2000 dollar bike is enough to want to steal. Coulda went wrong and the bike got damaged and then Mickey and the bike had to disappear. People have been killed for far less. JMO

You are right, it cost about 410.00. It was easy enough to find on google.

It is what I would consider a higher end Schwinn, but not a Trek or specialized. Not to say it's a bad bike but it's not expensive in a glaringly obvious way.

It's the type of bike I typically consider a good solid commuter bike. It's well made enough to be comfy, but not flashy.

-------------
I've also considered that the DWT could have initially been parked in the LCG parking lot, then when Mickey went by, turned the corner, drove up, bumped her, backed up to the position where the still of the DWT is, in front of the LCG parking lot.

And who is say that another vehicle wasn't also parked in the LCG parking lot to assist with the abduction?

If I remember correctly, LE basically said the truck had come from St. John. If it came from the parking lot there is no logical reason not to tell us. If LE didn't want the driver of the WT to know they were onto him, they would have released no information whatsoever about the white truck.

Some of theories are really starting to get out in space. I understand, we have absolutely nothing to go on, LE has not given anyone a shred in three weeks. It's understandable bizarre theories begin to be tossed about. I just hate seeing brainpower being used in such an ineffective way. I hope that LE has more than they're telling us.

Hi, all WS.........Dont know if this has been said before...buutttt...as we all know...much time has been spent on the Pics....due to little info. Has anyone broke down each and every word from LEs response and other official sources to see if there may be clues.... or try to really read between the lines to give us a new direction of thought that may lead us to more info and brainstorming from the WS brainstormers. ??
???? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

PS I am not the best at forming or spelling words correct.... sorry for those that care ....just trying to help like all you ....Thanks IAV

So I take it that this would be a bad post.....yes ...........
Its ok how can I improve.....words of wisdom please

Sorry but with horses, jumping lessons, a car and expensive bike I just don't see the "recycled cycles-the type of shop a girl like MS would
go to."

Recycled Cycles is the hipster bike shop in town that all of the college kids go to. I don't know what shops she frequented, but I'm willing to bet this is one of them. It's right in downtown Lafayette and the owners are young and popular as well.

go to."

The original MSRP for her bike was 410.00.
I believe she would, fixed gear riders are usually into that sort of thing. I own a 2,500 bike, a four hundred dollar bike rack, but live in Manitou Springs, Co ( look it up) and recycle anything I can. IMO vintage bikes especially restored ones have a cool factor to them that would appeal to a person who would care enough to bike instead of drive.

I just looked at their site. They do custom builds($$$$$) and offer many high end brands.

You are fine - there's just nothing to say to answer you. I have found that I am better off taking what I can from WS, and then working through it on my own. You can't sleuth anyone on WS, but you can see what you can find on your own, and if you feel it is valid, take it to LE and PI. Then keep checking to be sure they follow up on it or at least have a reason why it is not good info. JMO

If I remember correctly, LE basically said the truck had come from St. John. If it came from the parking lot there is no logical reason not to tell us. If LE didn't want the driver of the WT to know they were onto him, they would have released no information whatsoever about the white truck.

Some of theories are really starting to get out in space. I understand, we have absolutely nothing to go on, LE has not given anyone a shred in three weeks. It's understandable bizarre theories begin to be tossed about. I just hate seeing brainpower being used in such an ineffective way. I hope that LE has more than they're telling us.
------

And, those, "bizarre theories" are what?

You are fine - there's just nothing to say to answer you. I have found that I am better off taking what I can from WS, and then working through it on my own. You can't sleuth anyone on WS, but you can see what you can find on your own, and if you feel it is valid, take it to LE and PI. Then keep checking to be sure they follow up on it or at least have a reason why it is not good info. JMO

Sorry to quote myself - wanted to add:
review interviews - look for inconsistencies (there are several) - try to figure out why... you might find yourself going down a different road than others are at this point.

and has the potential for upsetting the family. If we are all in this to find Mickey it only makes sense that we do our best to spare her family as well. I can only imagine the hell they go through daily. If you start typing and it seems inflammatory or speculative it's probably best to keep it to yourself. If you know it to be a fact, report it to LE and let them do their thing.

just my two cents.. thank you for the post.. hope you dont me mind me tagging along on your thoughts.

So if it's speculative and or possibly upsetting we are not supposed to post it and if it's possibly a real clue we are not supposed to post it either? What is supposed to be posted? The possibility is quite real that this story will
not have a fairytale ending. Are we supposed to pretend that is the only option?
We can only talk for so long about the DWT and the bike being found in WB. not much else to talk about other than theories which are just speculation anyway.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Recycled Cycles is the hipster bike shop in town that all of the college kids go to. I don't know what shops she frequented, but I'm willing to bet this is one of them. It's right in downtown Lafayette and the owners are young and popular as well.

And of the 3 shops noted above, this is the only one that I saw posted anything on their FB wall about MS missing. One shop barely had a FB page and the other did have one but I did not see any info about MS missing on it, though I could have missed it.

Seems like this RC is a pretty cool shop...funky and fun and hip.

And of the 3 shops noted above, this is the only one that I saw posted anything on their FB wall about MS missing. One shop barely had a FB page and the other did have one but I did not see any info about MS missing on it, though I could have missed it.

Seems like this RC is a pretty cool shop...funky and fun and hip.

It's definitely very cool, every time my husband and I are in town, we go just so I can swoon over the merchandise. The owner and my husband went to school and graduated together, very cool guy. He and his wife were at the benefit concert for Mickey.

Awww....no rocketman...it is not a bad post at all, don't ever feel that way (unless you are going against TOS). I think it is a great post actually.
Only way to improve, is to keep on posting...ask questions and delve in. Any and all thoughts are welcome! Post what is on your mind and you will be fine!

And a belated welcome to you!

Thanks! I know they are hiding things for a reason, but man it really bothers those of us that want to see this guy caught.

I didn't mean to imply I am not bothered by their silence/am in no rush to find mickey and the Aholes responsible if it came across that way :( I reeeally wish they would speak up even if to say "we ARE still looking and have potential leads." I was just speaking up about my familys experience with LE keeping their silence so people won't think it's so very unusual. I totally agree the perp(s) need to be caught and SOON!! :please:

Also I'm a little peeved with the Sulphur/Lake Charles area. The businesses that have let me put up flyers have taken them down by the next day, most places have told me No "corporate" won't let them put them up. Oh yeah but they can put "4 wheeler for sale" signs up!! Very disappointed in my community :( I've started leaving FMN bracelets with my tip when I eat and it's very sad the amount of people in this area that have never even heard Mickeys name! Not saying is from LC but it can't be ruled out. I'm a believer that the perp is from Lafayette, JMO MOO. ::climbing off the soapbox now:: Sorry if I sound cranky yall, dont mean to. I'm still working on a pot of coffee :blushing:

I'm curious as to why LE has told us the last phone call to MS was from her friend Ashley but won't say who the last txt after that phone call was from. :banghead:

Good post... I agree, just by paying attention to where le focused their searches and by what cameras they were looking into/not looking into, we were able to read between the lines and come up with MS's possible route taken that night... At least, the route we can assume le thinks she took.

Mickey was an Anthropology major. Break was beginning. Am I wrong in thinking that there were foreign exchange students, or visitors on campus who may have observed her? Have they been cleared?

UL has a high rate of foreign students. School had been out for about 2 weeks. Just because someone is a foreigner doesn't give LE a right to question them all. Why should they be treated any different than any other student?

You are assuming that the White Truck is the person who did this. It IS possible that it was just involved as a witness to what happened or just happened to be in the area at the same time and did as the police told us travel from St. John Street. It IS possible that there is another vehicle parked in the parking lot across from the Circle K that we don't see (and this could answer the question as to why the released photo from the video of the WT still in question is cropped closer). EVERYONE is working on what if's at this point with so little information released. This is a plausible thought process and not "bizarre".

JMHO. :)

Not a day goes by that I don't think about you Mickey. I can't believe it's been well over a month and you aren't home. Thinking about you and praying for you always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bslnlaw