LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been "wallflower sleuthing" for many many threads and I must say this is an awesome group of folks! I haven't actively participated due to being a little webshy and most of my thoughts have been covered at some point ;) I had a thought during the "writings on the wall" convo and I don't think it was mentioned. Anyone remember the song "Connected" by Stereo MCs? I just looked up the full lyrics and it's a little creepy to me! Prob not "connected" to that post, but please go read the lyrics and see what y'all think! Hope I did the link right. If not, go to lyricsmania

http://www.lyricsmania.com/connected_lyrics_stereo_mcs.html

Interesting and outside the box, KD. It's at time like these I realize how very old I am...

Welcome to Websleuths, am glad you spoke up.

:woohoo::welcome:

Is there anything new? This is thread No. 30. I never understand how people latch onto one case. But this one seems to be important to a lot of people. That's unbelievable dedication. I hope some of you are able to help with other missing people. There are many of them.

I can only speak for myself, but it was Mickey's disappearance that brought me to this website initially, because of my own local connections. However, when Jaren Lockhart disappeared soon after, I began following her case too and also Brittney Wood's, and Tara Hawkins and others too, mainly to see if there was some kind of pattern/connection that would suggest a serial killer was on the loose. Mickey was not in a high risk profession but she made a risky choice in cycling home in the early hours of Saturday morning in an area where there are several known sex offenders. I did something very similar as a teenager in a larger town than Lafayette, and narrowly escaped being murdered. In fact, the man who tried to abduct me, ended up killing another woman who was leaving work as a bartender - she was stabbed in the neck and head! That experience early in life taught me to never walk or cycle home at night alone ever again.

It was mentioned earlier that (rumor) someone possibly saw a guy riding a bicycle alongside MS that night. Can't sleuth anyone on here but maybe a good male friend may have gotten on his bike to catch up to her??????

Perhaps.

I've been "wallflower sleuthing" for many many threads and I must say this is an awesome group of folks! I haven't actively participated due to being a little webshy and most of my thoughts have been covered at some point ;) I had a thought during the "writings on the wall" convo and I don't think it was mentioned. Anyone remember the song "Connected" by Stereo MCs? I just looked up the full lyrics and it's a little creepy to me! Prob not "connected" to that post, but please go read the lyrics and see what y'all think! Hope I did the link right. If not, go to lyricsmania

:welcome:

That's an interesting link and it is kinda creepy...esp. the line "I'm gonna do it again, wanna do it again"
I know I'm gonna do it again
I wanna do it again, come on,
I'm gonna do it again
Hear me out, terrified
Somethin' ain't right, here we go

If you make sure you're connected,
The writing's on the wall
But if your mind's neglected,
Stumble you might fall

I have been trying to look at this case with logic and understanding of the few facts. I just realized that using" my logic" is wrong. The perp who took MS will have a different logic than I do, a different level of empathy, and belief in others rights.

I will not be able to make sense of this perp's motivations and actions. They would not react the way I would to a situation. A precieved put down or injustice might linger with this perp for a long time and grow in their mind.

Here is an out of the box theory that seems like a long shot to me but what if:
-This perp has spent a lot of time reading comics-----ie batman...
-Perp is a gamer who wanted to take a game into real life ,and/or likes to mess
with people's heads with mind games.
This theory occurs to me because of the pac man graffiti and BW's bike being taken
only to be hidden in a cemetary near his home. Think "Game Over" and"ghost w a bow and cemetary.

If the perp's profie fits the above I would think this person would be very into fb and other social sites, would want to read how their actions were messing with people's minds. This person may make comments on these sites to further mess with minds and confuse or anger people, or drop hints or lead people off course.

I know this is really speculating but if this perp sees themself as "The Gamer" they may not want Batman on the case.

I learned a long time ago that one should never expect anyone to do what you would do. I think this definitely applies in this situation.

Let's hope they do stumble soon.

However, I am adamant that her, or a different cyclist that resembles her stature, hair color and fits the timeline is riding on the opposite side of the street in the Hooptie on St. Landry photo. So, if I believe she is on her bike and riding it, further down St. Landry it can't be her bike under the truck in the LCG photo, can it? It also baffles me that some can plainly "see her under the truck" but can't see her in this photo.

In your 1 & 2nd stills that you attached, I see the front of a car parked in the parking lot behind the sidewalk. You can see the rest of the car to the left - the circle you added cuts it off near the front passenger door.

Where you're marking the person bent over the bike, I see the very front portion of the car illuminated by the streetlight on the opposite side.

You're all going to laugh at me now, but it has entered my head more than a couple of times that someone *who shall remain nameless* and was of small stature, donned a curly blonde wig and rode Mickey's bike just to provide the perfect alibi (knowing that cameras would track her), then went off camera to a parked vehicle and dumped the bike at WB. I know what you're thinking - she's flipped her lid, but at this point in time, with no new info or leads known to us, I'm looking at every possibility. Truth is often stranger than fiction, and this would be very, very strange! :confused:

hmm. Hong Kong wigs is right on W Taft. ;)

Maybe that's where she got her bike from. I don't know. I don't know a lot about high end bikes. I recycler myself, mine usually come from garage sales. :)
I didn't question the cost. Just because I don't buy $50k cars doesn't mean they don't exist!

I bet it's beautiful where you live!

Manitou Springs is absolutely beautiful, and Colorado Springs is as well. You should visit this area if you can. I live right near the garden of the gods- it is my photo. I invite you to come and do the incline. You can google it by typing Manitou incline.

I miss and love Cajun Country, but this is where I am meant to be.

:welcome:

That's an interesting link and it is kinda creepy...esp. the line "I'm gonna do it again, wanna do it again"
I know I'm gonna do it again
I wanna do it again, come on,
I'm gonna do it again
Hear me out, terrified
Somethin' ain't right, here we go

If you make sure you're connected,
The writing's on the wall
But if your mind's neglected,
Stumble you might fall

hmm interesting.

kdlpn I would like to hear more of your thoughts, those lyrics are interesting. Don't be shy! Do you have anymore thoughts about "the writing is on the wall"?

You're all going to laugh at me now, but it has entered my head more than a couple of times that someone *who shall remain nameless* and was of small stature, donned a curly blonde wig and rode Mickey's bike just to provide the perfect alibi (knowing that cameras would track her), then went off camera to a parked vehicle and dumped the bike at WB. I know what you're thinking - she's flipped her lid, but at this point in time, with no new info or leads known to us, I'm looking at every possibility. Truth is often stranger than fiction, and this would be very, very strange! :confused:

I'm not tempted to laugh, more tempted to cry. Someone has subjected himself to sixteen hours of questioning by LE, without his lawyer present. Someone took a lie detector test when LE requested that he take one. Someone allowed police to search his home and property, allowed his cell phone records to be accessed by police, allowed his computer to be searched by police, allowed his home to be occupied for days and days by friends and strangers alike, just to make sure search efforts were coordinated. LE said everything he told them was verified, and they had no reason to believe he had anything to do with Mickey's disappearance.

The scenario suggested doesn't make sense on many levels.....no one has ever seen BW wearing or in possession of a curly blonde wig......not to mention that Mickey's parents and sister recognize her on the video pics.

Haha, I love it. Probably a little out there but I guess nothing is beyond the realm of possibility at this point :waitasec:

I'm not tempted to laugh, more tempted to cry. Someone has subjected himself to sixteen hours of questioning by LE, without his lawyer present. Someone took a lie detector test when LE requested that he take one. Someone allowed police to search his home and property, allowed his cell phone records to be accessed by police, allowed his computer to be searched by police, allowed his home to be occupied for days and days by friends and strangers alike, just to make sure search efforts were coordinated. LE said everything he told them was verified, and they had no reason to believe he had anything to do with Mickey's disappearance.

The scenario suggested doesn't make sense on many levels.....no one has ever seen BW wearing or in possession of a curly blonde wig......not to mention that Mickey's parents and sister recognize her on the video pics.

Sorry if I offended anyone - but when a young woman disappears, it always puts the person she was last known to be with under close scrutiny/suspicion, as well as any known boyfriend/husband/close acquaintance. Apologies, but if we don't keep asking questions, we'll never get to the truth of her disappearance.

*** I have just seen this new article ***
http://www.examiner.com/article/mic...s-may-lie-with-morgan-harrington-case-and-fbi
Mickey Shunick case answers may lie with Morgan Harrington case and FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member