LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say it's nice to be out of the websleuths jail. I've been catching up with everyone's posts - just wish there was something new and encouraging - but just looking at Mickey's cheerful smile on the http://findmickeynow.com website is encouragement enough to never give up. Keep on sleuthing!

That it is. When I look at the 2007 work trucks on the Internet that is the one that I think is is similar to my pick.

I found a 2007 Silverado 2500 four door (but the back doors open from the inside). They also say its a work truck. That looks like the truck in the video I have. could it be the same kind of truck in front of city hall?

I found a 2007 Silverado 2500 four door (but the back doors open from the inside). They also say its a work truck. That looks like the truck in the video I have. could it be the same kind of truck in front of city hall?

BBM
If you have a video of this truck, could you post it for us?

You know...I did laugh at this but I have to say....(don't throw things please).

I feel like an idiot.I really do because I do see MS and the bike under the truck in the one picture. I absolutely see it...BUT at the same time I know it can not be...there is just no way, logic tells me there IS NO WAY (oh, and a few of you may have reminded me too). Yet, my eyes see what they see and I keep having to force myself to not believe my eyes. For me that picture is the definition of my eyes playing tricks on me. So, no I do not believe she is in the picture...but heck if I do not see it still.
IMO

Whew! Thank you for saying this as I felt I might be the only one going blind and/or "nuts" looking at these pictures over and over. I even TRIED NOT to see her but once I had "seen" her the image wouldn't go away.
I don't believe she is under there either and that my eyes are deceiving me so, is this is a good lesson in the "power of suggestion"?
dunno, I am confused about everything in this case right now but Soooooo hope Mickey will be found SOON! whatever it takes.........

That it is. When I look at the 2007 work trucks on the Internet that is the one that I think is is similar to my pick.

Ok. That's great... But, why keep bringing this up when we have no idea what is in this video? You have no intention on sharing this and/or answering any questions we have related to it's authenticity, so why keep posting and asking for our help???

Ok. That's great... But, why keep bringing this up when we have no idea what is in this video? You have no intention on sharing this and/or answering any questions we have related to it's authenticity, so why keep posting and asking for our help???

if you don't care to participate in the conversation based on the information I have shared, I understand. But, to the others on this board who do care to answer my questions, thank you.

I agree with you about the abudcter most likely being a local who was familiar with Mickey (even just from afar) and her habits. I also believe the dumping of the bike at WB was intentionally done as a ruse to throw off the searchers. The locals are familiar with WB and it's history, and a local who committed the crime would think that disposing of the bike there would lead people to suspect a serial killer.The only thing that troubles me is that the bike was apparently well concealed at WB until the water receded...

What if the DWT is a witness? My theory is that there was a vehicle parked in the LCG parking lot out of sight of the camera. They had their lights on which is what is reflected off Mickey's tire reflectors and also on the side of the DWT. Maybe the driver of the vehicle saw Mickey ride by, started to pull out behind her, DWT came along so he had to wait for DWT to pass. That might explain why the still of the DWT is cropped more than the still of Mickey. Perp pulls out behind DWT who goes down the street and passes Mickey, now the perp is right behind her, he bumps her bike and does the abduction. Later, not that night, he decides he needs to get rid of the bike because it is too hard to hide, so he heads down to WB and ditches it. The next day or so, the fisherman finds it.

if you don't care to participate in the conversation based on the information I have shared, I understand. But, to the others on this board who do care to answer my questions, thank you.

That's all well and good, but seeing as it's the ultimate goal of this forum to not only answer each other's questions but to help find Mickey, wouldn't it be easier for everyone here to do this, and wouldn't it be more likely that your video could aid in getting her back, if you would actually share it? Otherwise, people are just looking at grainy still shots out of context. If you have a video that might be relevant, I simply can't understand why you wouldn't want to reveal more about it. Why haven't you addressed any of the primary questions people have asked about it last night and today? Perhaps you have your reasons, but still...can't you tell us that?

Boy this map is swell..
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212897563661725545874.0004c1308bcaa5eb337b9&msa=0&ll=30.190615,-92.0753&spn=0.037688,0.055189

about 1 minute between video sightings. I created a bike map that showed a distance of 0.4 miles between video A and video B addresses. Correct me if I'm wrong but if she continued at this pace for 10 minutes, she'd have traveled 4 miles. The posted speed limit on her route is 30 miles per hour. I was surprised to see she had biked through the big highway intersection only to come to a full and complete stop at about the Pizza Hut/and that city building on the right. 2 questions.
1)Why was she going so fast?
2)Why did she stop?

BBM
If you have a video of this truck, could you post it for us?

If you have a video you keep referencing either post it or stop referring to it, please.

That is called baiting and it is not cool. If you are going to keep talking about the video, then please post it so others can view it, otherwise please stop talking about it.

Thanks.

Boy this map is swell..
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212897563661725545874.0004c1308bcaa5eb337b9&msa=0&ll=30.190615,-92.0753&spn=0.037688,0.055189

about 1 minute between video sightings. I created a bike map that showed a distance of 0.4 miles between video A and video B addresses. Correct me if I'm wrong but if she continued at this pace for 10 minutes, she'd have traveled 4 miles. The posted speed limit on her route is 30 miles per hour. I was surprised to see she had biked through the big highway intersection only to come to a full and complete stop at about the Pizza Hut/and that city building on the right. 2 questions.
2)Why did she stop?

By "big highway intersection," I'm assuming you're referring to the intersection of University and St. Landry? Technically, University is Route 182 going through Lafayette, but it is really nothing more than a major street among many major streets in town, and at that time of night traffic can be quite sparse.

1) From my understanding, that speed would not have been out of the norm for an experienced bicyclist like Mickey -- early on, her friends estimated that she could conceivably have made it home in between 12-20 minutes. So, that pace does not seem off to me.

2) I think you are reaching a bit to conclude that she is actually stopped in front of Circle K. She MIGHT be (I think not, being familiar with the layout of the road surface, which Chicken and others have also documented), but that isn't something we can conclude. I respectfully disagree with your interpretation there.

If you have a video you keep referencing either post it or stop referring to it, please.

That is called baiting and it is not cool. If you are going to keep talking about the video, then please post it so others can view it, otherwise please stop talking about it.

Thanks.

HUGE Thank you Beach!!!!

OMG! Me, my husband, and my mom ALL still use AOL, ha! We are the only ones I have ever known to use it, but I love it! Although, bc I am bombarded by so much junk mail, I have created various other accounts, but I keep coming back to good ol' AOL

Boy this map is swell..
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=30.190615,-92.0753&spn=0.037688,0.055189

2)Why did she stop?

I have been looking for a map just like this. To see and follow her path with street view and birds eye view. About going so fast, I would say with it being so early in the morning she was peddling to get home as soon as possible. But one thing I do know, when they showed the photo of her by the k store, I assume she was not concerned about anything, such as being followed or she would have turned into the k store to seek help. Though just speculating on that. Thank you again for the map.

OMG! Me, my husband, and my mom ALL still use AOL, ha! We are the only ones I have ever known to use it, but I love it! Although, bc I am bombarded by so much junk mail, I have created various other accounts, but I keep coming back to good ol' AOL

HEY! What's wrong w/ AOL??? I thought I was cutting edge, because I used to have PRODIGY! Anyone remember that??? LOLLLLLL!!!! :floorlaugh:

Hubby and I still use AOL!

By "big highway intersection," I'm assuming you're referring to the intersection of University and St. Landry? Technically, University is Route 182 going through Lafayette, but it is really nothing more than a major street among many major streets in town, and at that time of night traffic can be quite sparse.

1) From my understanding, that speed would not have been out of the norm for an experienced bicyclist like Mickey -- early on, her friends estimated that she could conceivably have made it home in between 10-20 minutes. So, that pace does not seem off to me.

2) I think you are reaching a bit to conclude that she is actually stopped in front of Circle K. She MIGHT be (I think not, being familiar with the layout of the road surface, which Chicken and others have also documented), but that isn't something we can conclude. I respectfully disagree with your interpretation there.
That's correct, US-90/University

30 mph is attainable by bike, I think, but it's fast..even for a messenger. Let's have mercy on my math skills, but even adding a few seconds to the elapsed time of 1 minute I'm getting something close to 40mph. Didn't I read that she rode a fixed gear bike? **a fixed gear bike has a drive train in constant engagement, pedals>crank>rear wheel.** This seems like a high rate of speed for a fixed gear bike.

That's really really fast. To me that seems like 'running away' fast. In the 2nd video it appears to me that she has stopped, or at least in this 1 frame I don't see the usual blur indicative of movement. In the birds eye view a shoulder begins on the right hand side of the right hand lane. To me this looks like it's a few feet beyond the Circle K, closer to thinking about some Pizza Hut than grabbing some necessities at the Circle K.

Questions:
1)Why was she going so fast? Was someone chasing her all the way down Saint John?s
2)Why did she stop? Did she think a pursuing vehicle was stuck at the light on US-90/University?

20/25 MPH seems like a nice hustle, 30-38 mph seems like running for your life... just sayin'

I would have to disagree that you shared much of anything, however I also have not scrolled through all of the pages today.

So, from where I stand this is what we have:

1) a very grainy picture of a white truck

What has been asked of you (unsure if you have answered any of these in pages I didn't scroll through)

1) where is this video taken (location, streets, etc.)

2) what time and date was the video taken

3) how did you come in possession of this video

4) have you turned it over to LE yet

Please, if you have answered any of these correct me.

What we have gotten:

1) you aren't answering certain questions because that is up to LE, however, you never said if you gave it to them

2) from this grainy picture you have concluded that you believe this truck is a work truck, possibly a 2007, and it has a box possibly on the hood

3) you are unwilling to give us a time, date, or street so we can actively collaborate if this truck is questionable and at this point we don't even know if the video was taken in the city or state as MS's abduction.

Please, if you don't want us to view the video at least clarify so we can all get on the same page and be productive! Because as of right now, all of this energy could be used on finding Mickey instead of asking the same five questions of you for pages on end.....we all want the same thing, to find her, so let's do it in a productive manner that keeps HER as the main topic/objective.

What is lance armstrong's top speed in mph?
In: Cycling [Edit categories]

Lamborghini Gallardo Pricewww.Lamborghini.Edmunds.com512 HP, EPA 11 mpg / 17 mpg Gallardo Research & Reviews
Visa® Official Sitewww.Visa.comProud Sponsor Of The Athletes And The Olympic Games For 25 Years.

Answer:
Simple question with more complicated answer. I assume you mean solo as apposed to traveling in the peloton of racers or, say, descending a mountain (when riders will hit 65 mph+).

Looking back to the last TdF that LA competed in his average speed for the prolog stage of 19km (11.8 miles) was over 54 kph (33.5 mph).
Looking at a longer time trial stage, he won the 55km (34 mile) stage at an average speed of 46.4 kph (28.8 mph).

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_lance_armstrong%27s_top_speed_in_mph

That's correct, US-90/University

30 mph is attainable by bike, I think, but it's fast..even for a messenger. Let's have mercy on my math skills, but even adding a few seconds to the elapsed time of 1 minute I'm getting something close to 40mph. Didn't I read that she rode a fixed gear bike? **a fixed gear bike has a drive train in constant engagement, pedals>crank>rear wheel.** This seems like a high rate of speed for a fixed gear bike.

That's really really fast. To me that seems like 'running away' fast. In the 2nd video it appears to me that she has stopped, or at least in this 1 frame I don't see the usual blur indicative of movement. In the birds eye view a shoulder begins on the right hand side of the right hand lane. To me this looks like it's a few feet beyond the Circle K, closer to thinking about some Pizza Hut than grabbing some necessities at the Circle K.

Questions:
1)Why was she going so fast? Was someone chasing her all the way down Saint John?s
2)Why did she stop? Did she think a pursuing vehicle was stuck at the light on US-90/University?

20/25 MPH seems like a nice hustle, 30-38 mph seems like running for your life... just sayin'

A couple of things: Just for clarity, keep in mind that U.S. 90 is not actually University Avenue -- U.S. 90 is Johnston Street. Highway 182 is University Ave.

I'm going to leave the calculations to someone more mathematically inclined, but keep in mind that there is always the possibility of the time-stamps on those cameras being off a bit, no matter what law enforcement initially indicated. You might want to take that into account as well. I would imagine it took her more than one minute flat to make it that distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member