LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the bike was found 30 to 40 yards from where they found Pam Kinamore. What about the Colomb girl, where was she found? Do you remember we were all looking for a white truck then too.

Dene' was found in a field near Scott.

The other victim found at Whiskey Bay was Carrie Lynn Yoder.

I think Chief Craft said her phone was "turned off" shortly after the phone call she received while at Brettly's, so that would be shortly after 1:30AM. hang on a bit and I'll edit with a link.

I really think someone official said 8 to 8:30. If I have a chance I'll check the Nancy Grace interview again. craft said she got her last call at 1:30, then there was a text, but they have never identified if she received one or sent one or anything, and then he said he phone died 8 or 830.

They were not on St. Landry... The were on Parkside, took a left on St. Mary heading towards St. Landry... The police have this info, I gave it to them Sunday morning..

Just so you know, this is not the first news of two cyclists that has occured here.

Laffy- I wasn't picking at ya:)

The streets in Lafayette sometimes seem like they were laid out by a drunken architect... hehe
snip
I grew up in Lafayette. I remember when people talked about the roads, they would say they were cow trails that they made the main routes into. :what:
When I was in Elem. school, the roads were dirt and shell roads by Lafayette High.
Sorry I am behind a few pages. :blushing:

OT I had no idea people still paid for email addresses! We move every 2-3 years and keep the same gmail account for as long as gmail has been around. Unless of course aol is free now which really doesn't matter right now in this thread.

Eta more OT looks like aol went free in August of 2006 to be exact and apparently they still charged their customers for years while new people just signed up for free...what a rip off. I did use them way back in 1997-1998 when I first started using email on a regular basis, but have since enjoyed my free email (via hotmail/gmail/yahoo) for years before 2006 LOL. I have a "junk" gmail for shopping/forums and our free accounts are our original AOL names LOL

Re: Seeing the two people on bikes...I would just call the tip in to LE again, ...they may have been getting hundreds of calls those first weeks...and might be more responsive now...JMO and if you think you can describe them...

As I have looked over the numerous maps (thanks to so many of you for posting these, they are great), I can't help but notice that throughout each leg of Mickey's supposed route that night --there are so many open fields, property with acreage, storage sheds, etc. Just so much ground that I hope has been searched carefully.
Do any of our WS locals know the extent of the ground searches for instance, behind Mickey's house? What if her abductor was a neighbor who laid in wait for the perfect opportunity -- she could be closer than we imagine.
Thanks to all of you locals for being our eyes and ears. We appreciate your EXTRA and ABOVE the call of duty effort!!

another thing, does anyone know which Derrick Todd Lee victims were left at WB ext 127? Was one of them the Colomb girl? there were two. I am interested if anyone knows which one was left by the river bank, on land.

Carrie Yoder and Pam Kinnamore's bodies were found at Whiskey Bay. Pam's was under some bushes; Carrie's I'm not sure about.
Trinesha Dene Colomb's body was found in a rural road in Scott. I wonder if wherever this is exactly (where he body was found) has been searched in case the perp is a DTL "fan." I felt queasy just typing that.

I stated earlier today that a crack pipe is much different than a pipe used to smoke marijuana.

A crack pipe is just a glass tube, like the tubes they used to sell the little flowers in. Marijuana pipes can look like a regular tobacco pipe or be glass and very ornate and colorful, even shaped like animals. I know a person who has one in the shape of a dragon, for instance.

AOL is - and has been - free for several years. I still have my original AOL email address (only 9 characters long...from back in the good ol' days, when you paid by the hour for 28.8k paradise, baby!), but I primarily use it for things like signing up for message boards, etc. It keeps my Gmail account free of "You have a new Private Message!" clutter.

/OT

I witnessed 2 bikers the night Mickey disappeared at around the same time. One fits her description.. It was at a location near the circle k..I told the police but no one has ever contacted me to discussed it.. I find that odd... Even if it wasn't her they might have seen something...does anyone know if the bikers have come forward?

I would send Abdella an email (a few users posted his email address a few pages back on this thread- johnabdella1@aol.com) and I'd also send him a letter via snail mail just to make sure (I'm neurotic, I know)- you can find his mailing address for USPS mail here (it's for his company, Probe-Way PI):
http://www.local.com/business/detai...y-private-investigation-agency-inc-105920229/

Psychopaths do not experience anxiety, guilt, or feelings of empathy or remorse, even when they have caused sadistical harm to others. Other human beings are only objects for fulfilling their sexual & control fantasies..

Psychopathic sexual predators are recidivist and hone their skills with each innocent victim taken..

Do you know that a psychopathic sexual predator took Mickey?
Or are you just assuming?

Just so you know, this is not the first news of two cyclists that has occured here.

Here being WS? I don't remember reading this before, but there may be some pages of the threads I missed or skimmed when I got behind due to work or whatever.

On a side note, in Lafayette today, a woman saw that I had Mickey signs in my trunk because I had it open getting something out in a parking lot (I ordered some from Party Time - they are $5 each), and asked me "they still haven't found that girl?" I was SHOCKED. Apparently some people in Lafayette don't follow the news at all and think she was found? What???? That's why it's important the family and public keep her case out there. What if this woman happened upon something potentially helpful to the case but didn't report it to LE because she thought Mickey had been found or something....

And more maddening....I had just put up a sign a few feet away and the woman had just driven past it! Ugh!!!! I took a marker and wrote "still" above "missing" on the rest of the signs I put up.

Here being WS? I don't remember reading this before, but there may be some pages of the threads I missed or skimmed when I got behind due to work or whatever.

On a side note, in Lafayette today, a woman saw that I had Mickey signs in my trunk because I had it open getting something out in a parking lot (I ordered some from Party Time - they are $5 each), and asked me "they still haven't found that girl?" I was SHOCKED. Apparently some people in Lafayette don't follow the news at all and think she was found? What???? That's why it's important the family and public keep her case out there. What if this woman happened upon something potentially helpful to the case but didn't report it to LE because she thought Mickey had been found or something....

And more maddening....I had just put up a sign a few feet away and the woman had just driven past it! Ugh!!!! I took a marker and wrote "still" above "missing" on the rest of the signs I put up.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning two cyclists also.

It doesn't shock me at all. There are so many people around here and in Houston that are oblivious to the hundreds of women/girls who have gone missing or been found murdered in the past 30 or so years. They have no clue at all.

:what:
I witnessed 2 bikers the night Mickey disappeared at around the same time. One fits her description.. It was at a location near the circle k..I told the police but no one has ever contacted me to discussed it.. I find that odd... Even if it wasn't her they might have seen something...does anyone know if the bikers have come forward?

Are these the ones that someone said they saw on Parkside?

Do normal, well-adjusted people generally abduct women riding bicycles?

I'd bet my house and cars that unfortunately, a sexual predator is exactly what we're dealing with.

I also think if she's passed, her body is somewhere close to WB. I don't see a perp generally dropping a bike and a body off in two places. It seems like a lot of trouble. Maybe throw the bike in the water here and hide the remains in the water and they floated off or put the remains a few feet or short drive away in a wooded area off of the street to the boat ramp area. I know the area was searched and searched again, but I have to wonder if any private property wasn't searched (not saying the owner of the property had anything to do w/ Mickey's disappearance, but maybe he or she just didn't want people on his/her land for whatever reason - I can't think of any but hey, there are tons of places that won't put up missing fliers apparently - or at least in my experience. Maybe someone was worried if a searcher was injured on their land, they would be held responsible for the bills). Or even somehow she was overlooked if she's out there. There are some really wooded areas right around the WB boat launch, as well as on 975 North by the boat ramp (I think it's a highway- highway 975- someone more familar, please let me know). I hope if she is there, someone will stumble upon her like what occurred with Morgan Harrington's remains being found (although it was months before anyone found her). However, I can also see how putting the bike there could be a diversionary tactic or something. Who knows.

Of course, I hope someone has her alive and is taking care of her and not hurting her....however unlikely that is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee