LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it awkward that the family was posting here. I think I would have advised them against it. The blog style here is so raw, I personally would be driven to madness if I read this type of speculation regarding my missing daughter. They need to spend their time working with LE, raising awareness and physically searching. What we do here, hopefully arms LE and the community with other view points, ideas and concerns. An unbiased look at the crime.
We can not give up. This started with Mickey but now it is a community issue. If someone randomly abducted M, it can happen again. The community is unsafe. People have the right to fear and have the right to have their questions answered. They can not stop anyone from trying to make this not happen again.

While googling for truck bed bike racks, I just found a photo of a Z71 :rolleyes:
$%28KGrHqZ,!jgE1uYT6qBnBNroTnv4%28Q~~_3.JPG

There have been a few cases on WS that have been shut down; Natalee Holloway and Maddie McCann (reopened recently) are two big examples. The moderators will stop discussion on a case if people aren't following the rules, and it takes too much effort to watch the discussion. I heard Natalee's forum was closed because people were bashing the victim. :(

It angers me that self centered people do things to purposely cause forums to be shut down that are actively contributing to the solving of crimes and help bring justce in this world. May we not hinder bringing missing loved ones home.

Eavesdropping, I understand the frustration of being at a standstill on finding Mickey. :maddening:
I also agree with mamacat to never give up.

I believe the slow times may be where we can pause and have greater time to listen to our inner thoughts and hunches. It may be time to regroup and ponder on the facts and some of posting we've read to hear our new creative ideas on locating new clues and facts. Let's rest and repair and come back refreshed to "Sleuth On"
I continue daily praying for Mickey and her family. May God Bless Them.:angel:

:cheers:

Hello....can anyone else see the gold tool box hanging on the rear passenger side of the bed. This is not a black and white picture....my opinion. I think this is simply a picture that is taken at night...so you might be able to see some green in the grass and the yellow/gold toolbox. Thanks

Ok ifs a color picture I would go with reflection of the work or road sign.

Finally, caught up with reading

I have been praying for some sign that leads to Mickey for ..well, a while now. IN our local paper today was a photo and article about a woman on a bicycle hit by a DWT!! The tire rim is bent, the article says mangled but it's not. My photographer friend who took the photo said there were no broken pieces of the bike, no scuff marks on the pavement. The white lines you see in the photo are chalk marks, not drag marks. Witnesses say she was screaming on the ground but witnesses told my photographer friend there was no blood. Possibly a broken bone..So....
"they" implies ONE or MORE persons
1. I think Mickey was hit by the truck or vehicle on accident
2. I think they were drunk, high, no insurance, license suspended or wanted...
3. I think instinct said take her to the hospital, picked up her and her bike
4. I think she had head injuries or was screaming about them going to jail (she is sassy)
5. I think they drove to whiskey bay right then if she didn't make it or they suddenly got scared of jail. I think they went there at night because they aren't afraid of whiskey bay at night, it's a great place to go unnoticed I think they threw the bike in because it shows she was hit and likely had evidence of the vehicle that hit her. (hope the water didn't wash it away and LE has it)
---------------------------------------------
I think that Mickey died hitting her head, "en route to the hospital" or whiskey bay and was not conscience and they threw her in too with the bike, and she is downstream.
I think the family hopes she has amnesia, held captive and they are nursing her injuries and will release her when she can walk/talk on her own. I think they have to hope, I did. I was lucky to have my husband back after he went missing in 1990 before the internet and was found-he had amnesia, in a hospital 3000 miles away. Odds are against them.

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/police-117362-truck-hit.html
m68iz0-m68iwmphoto.jpg

Hello....can anyone else see the gold tool box hanging on the rear passenger side of the bed. This is not a black and white picture....my opinion. I think this is simply a picture that is taken at night...so you might be able to see some green in the grass and the yellow/gold toolbox. Thanks

I agree. It's a color image. I have seen LOTS of things others have pointed out in this picture. (and the light source under the truck is a big ??? for me!)With that being said, I tend to lean towards the tool box being chrome, like the rest of the optional chrome package this "z71" sports, and the yellow appearance is merely the reflection of the road work sign.

Just for anyone that may not have known this, the side of the road work sign that we can't see is bright bright caution sign yellow.

I wouldn't recommend everyone narrow their search to a z71 with a yellow tool box... You may be looking a LONG time.

I totally understand Mickeys families need to feel that she is Ok. Yet for those of us who are not family or close friends, if someone did cause her harm, which is true even if she is still alive, this person needs to be caught and fast. Most offenders don't stop with one. If someone is not owning up to an accident the same could be true. The frustration comes in knowing that someone has caused her and her family harm by hiding the truth. This person or persons is void of emotion to not come forward. They need to be identified and convicted. I do not know what evidence the LPD is withholding nor am I supposed to I guess. To me the idea of Sleuthing is to assess the facts that we do know and make suppositions based on that information. What one person can miss another might find insight to, that insight could possibly hold importance. Not intended to impede an investigation but to conceivably assist one. Prayers to Mickey and her family. I hope I am within my boundaries of the WS rules.

Anyone on here who has firsthand experience with what the Shunick's are going through, God bless you. I think that most people here are deeply empathetic to what the family of a missing person endures. Many people have considered the possibility that this could easily have happened to our sister, daughter, etc.. For myself, that's a path I can not allow my mind to travel too far down. Because the truth is that it is absolutely inconceivable to me that either of my elementary aged children will not be here tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 30 years. This is why I feel for the Shunick's and every other family in their place - because I can not comprehend what they are going through. I don't think it's fair for anyone to now judge them for their actions. Try to keep in mind that they have been living and breathing this nightmare every day for the last month. They are overwhelmed and exhausted. We can all think that we know how we'd handle things if we were in their place, but you can't actually know until you're there. Not to mention the fact that we have no idea what information they have that is factoring in to their decisions, or what they are being advised to do/not do by LE. I personally will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are only doing what they feel in their heart, based on the information that they have, will be most effective in their search for Mickey. IMO, JMO, etc..

I think your idea is interesting! Not exactly sure what kind of truck bed bike rack you are thinking of, but here is one type, that could cause rear wheel damage I guess if it was taken out too quickly or at the wrong angle:
30.jpg

I don't really know either and something like that may not even exist!!!! It just popped into my mind as another possibility of something that could be back there.

Is this GM's top of the line regular duty rig? I mean.. I hate to throw Fords at you, but I know their classes better, because they just up the number after F. So, is this the top of the line in GM's version of the F-150 series? I couldn't bring myself to put messy work in a nice truck like this. If the wheel well could be converted to a tool box, it would make a nice light engine service mobile. Gives the Dodge hemi a run for the money, I'll bet. I hope you get more than just a z71 sticker with the package.. prolly suspension too, eh.?

No its an LT model with the Z71 package. The LTZ is the top of the line. And Yeah you get skid plates, shock upgrade, suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes and other stuff I can't even think of right now with the Z71 package. Now I hate to open this can of worms, but I have seen one Chevrolet on a lot that a tool box opened out of the side of the bed above the wheel well. It ran the length of the bed in two sections. And its the only one I've ever seen. Maybe it can be ordered, don't know. Never seen one inside the bed.

Bingo! I'm guessing it says "bump" but yes, I absolutely believe it to be reflection of the sign in the window. Good catch! and it makes sense, matches up.

I probably missed the discussion in the past but can someone tell me why it looks like something is under or next to the passenger side right tire? what am i seeing??

When Mickey comes home, I doubt that googling her own name will be high on her priority list somehow. However, I agree with you that ALL the offers of help in finding her should be grabbed with both hands, but we need to respect the wishes of her nearest and dearest and stop arguing over this. I thought it wasn't to be discussed any more. JMO

I'm really glad the mods let us talk it out for a bit. I didn't think it was arguing. For me, it was constructive as I had been stewing since ACI was pulled off the case. Reading the posts of others who were feeling the same way I was relieved some angst about the situation, then reading Tricia's post of her experience, calm demeanor and explanation of why anything they say shouldn't be taken personally, helped tremendously. But, I have to admit I'm still frustrated at the silence and not knowing whether or not I am safe. And surely if someone finds out we do have a serial criminal on our hands, ACI or whomever will be allowed to work on the case. Like I mentioned before, to me it's a matter of public safety. I surely don't think they'd want to put people in danger and would allow it at some point, eh?

Ok, I'll get off this subject, but thank you again mods for letting is talk it out a bit. It was weighing pretty heavy for awhile.

I have been praying for some sign that leads to Mickey for ..well, a while now. IN our local paper today was a photo and article about a woman on a bicycle hit by a DWT!! The tire rim is bent, the article says mangled but it's not. My photographer friend who took the photo said there were no broken pieces of the bike, no scuff marks on the pavement. The white lines you see in the photo are chalk marks, not drag marks. Witnesses say she was screaming on the ground but witnesses told my photographer friend there was no blood. Possibly a broken bone..So....
4. I think she had head injuries or was screaming about them going to jail (she is sassy)
5. I think they drove to whiskey bay right then if she didn't make it or they suddenly got scared of jail. I think they went there at night because they aren't afraid of whiskey bay at night, it's a great place to go unnoticed I think they threw the bike in because it shows she was hit and likely had evidence of the vehicle that hit her. (hope the water didn't wash it away and LE has it)
I think that Mickey died hitting her head, "en route to the hospital" or whiskey bay and was not conscience and they threw her in too with the bike, and she is downstream.
I think the family hopes she has amnesia, held captive and they are nursing her injuries and will release her when she can walk/talk on her own. I think they have to hope, I did. I was lucky to have my husband back after he went missing in 1990 before the internet and was found-he had amnesia, in a hospital 3000 miles away. Odds are against them.

m68iz0-m68iwmphoto.jpg

Thank you for sharing this really useful news story and photograph, and for all your thoughts on what may have happened in Mickey's case. I agree with all you have written here. Let's pray that she is lucky like your husband was. I am so glad for you. :heartbeat:

m68iz0-m68iwmphoto.jpg

I think that's exactly it! And have since the day bike Lafayette posted "we have a missing cyclist".

The "Find Mickey" posters are a great visual tool in grabbing people's attention, but this needs to be backed up with more coverage on TV.

I'm thinking it would be a great idea to have Mickey's sister, Charley, do a re-enactment of her sister's bike ride at the same time, and on the same route, filmed by TV cameras, in order to jog people's memories and put the spotlight back on this case and also on the area.

Someone somewhere knows exactly what happened to Mickey and where she is - and it's time to fess up! :slap:

I did some research into the TV coverage of Mickey’s case:

CBS/CNN/MSNBC: Nothing. Correct me if I’m (hopefully) mistaken. Yes, there are articles on their websites, but I don’t believe they have ever aired anything on TV about Mickey.

ABC: GMA has talked about Mickey's case on 9 mornings. The last time was on June 9.

HLN: JVM has talked about Mickey’s 7x, and Nancy Grace has talked about her 2x.

NBC: It’s very hard to search their website, but it looks like The Today Show has talked about the case twice.

FOX: There was a 10-minute segment on Justice with Judge Jeanine.

I honestly thought the case had received a lot more TV coverage than what I discovered.

If you saw something about Mickey’s case that I didn’t write here, let me know.

In many cases, the families know little more than the public about what is going on with their missing loved one; we have heard that frustration from families before. I am not sure the Shunicks can tell the public much more than we already know.

Surely if they had useful info that could lead to a tip or a suspect, they would let the media know.

I guess some people feel that only by talking about Mickey will her case stay in the news and while this may be true, there are many other families that have chosen to remain quiet in the same situation, so we can't really single this family out and insist they are "hiding" something.

JMO

A.C.I.
I read your posts for the first few weeks and was impressed with your cleverness and caring. .............

If I ever go missing people will be calling you! And you can say anything over social media that might help me. You can tell all of the juicy parts to our fellow sleuthers and they can have some laughs while they look for me.

Kjill, Love and agree fully with your comment. Thanks for posting. :great:

JMO -- I believe A.C.I. has an awesome gift of sleuthing that gets answers and results to solving cases.....

For whatever reason Mickeys family wants only the hired PI working the case with LE, I will honor the request. I won't ask anyone to reveal or discuss anything that would harm the investigation to help bring Mickey home. My heart goes out to her distraught family whose life is in such an upheaval. May God Bless them.

:angel: May the community continue brainstorming for clues and answers to help bring Mickey home.

A spokesperson would be great the family is amazing especially Charlie and I'm sure there is a reason why they have asked ACI not to post we understand that and we stick by them and pray and pray and pray that they did Mickey ASAP but they also need to understand although we don't know Mickey personally we have grown to know her and the family throughout this case and we all want the same thing. Teamwork is the answer here. And someone posted earlier about who we are? Do we have to start giving out information? I'm from Australia in Melbourne I'm going into my final semester of nursing so I completely understand the need for confidentiality but would a press conference by someone not hurt? To let the public know that this case is still being investigated! We are not asking for leads or information we just want to know that everything possible is being done to find Mickey!

Could it possibly be that LE does have a suspect and it is bring kept hush for now, which is
the reason why the family doesn't want any outside help?

I consistently keep S. Lamar case in mind and how LE was so quiet and in the end it turned out they had a suspect all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3