Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting79 Here are the dimensions.

Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab Short Box 4WD
Length (in.) 69.30
Width at Wheelwell (in.) 50.60
Width at Wall (in.) 62.40
Depth (in.) 21.00

So I get 90.3 inches. Little longer than I remembered. Ignore that it doesn't say Z71 as its only an accessory package.

Is this GM's top of the line regular duty rig? I mean.. I hate to throw Fords at you, but I know their classes better, because they just up the number after F. So, is this the top of the line in GM's version of the F-150 series? I couldn't bring myself to put messy work in a nice truck like this. If the wheel well could be converted to a tool box, it would make a nice light engine service mobile. Gives the Dodge hemi a run for the money, I'll bet. I hope you get more than just a z71 sticker with the package.. prolly suspension too, eh.?

I think when you look back at all of this, you’ll be proud of your investigative efforts and completely understanding of statements that (today) appear to be brusque from folks who are enduring unimaginable pain.

BTW — fabulous website design. :star:

Oh I understand. It's just something that comes with the territory.

Thanks! I enjoy the site as well ;)

Know me or not, it's not like I'm some random person off the street. Im a Private Investigator. I'm not going to "accidentally" give out information that would compromise a case. I do know how to handle an investigation. How to handle it discreetly while at the same time sharing enough information to keep the public interested and involved. This whole case has been about "the power of social media" and spreading the word far and wide and I did just that. /rant over ;)

So how is everyone? :D

And I "knew" that about you without you saying it. I can't see why I would need a PI in Lafayette, but, if I ever do, or hear of anyone who needs one, I will be giving out your name!!!

Other than that, good, although a bit miffed. WS is many things (and has been a part of my life for over 10 years now) but foolish is not one of them.

I am a newbie here as far as finally registering, but came here when Kelli Bordeaux went missing near where I live, and I found this case while looking around the site. I have read pretty much every post since thread 1, and have seen great thoughts from so very many dedicated and caring people. Unfortunately, this case has gone from upwards of 600 members and guests reading to under 100 now. I know many stopped following or posting due to frustration that virtually no info has been released, and what little bit that has been released has been hashed, rehashed and hashed again, over and over ad nauseum it seems. And yes, some theories are a bit out there, but honestly, any discussion is better than none, imo, as long as it doesnt break TOS. I, for one, finally joined because I see so many people bailing on this case. I think Mickey needs for this case to remain active, and I will not be discouraged from offering any thoughts that I may have that will bring her home. I hope and trust the rest of you won't give up on her either.

Hi and welcome!

I agree with what you say but now feel anything I post here could upset the family.

After what Admin posted a couple of pages back, I feel it is now time for me to stop posting on this case until LE comment.

I will continue to check this thread daily.

Hello....can anyone else see the gold tool box hanging on the rear passenger side of the bed. This is not a black and white picture....my opinion. I think this is simply a picture that is taken at night...so you might be able to see some green in the grass and the yellow/gold toolbox. Thanks
l.jpg

I can't be free with what I think I see in this picture. I think the wheel well is too fat to be just a wheel well. On my monitor I see green of grass, but not so much yellow in the box. To me it looks whitish with a black line that traces it, that is interrupted in what should be the lower left hand corner of the wheel well. You couldn't fit a Ryobi contractor pack in that. Maybe some small hand tools.. oh... I need to stop looking at this.. seeing things.

some of us aren't on FB, and we are totally out of the action there. if anyone wanted to post the best bits from there over here, i wouldn't mind.

I don't think we can quote from Facebook here.

Sometimes I feel like this thread should be closed until new evidence comes out. We just go round and round and never get anywhere.

I am having some time out I think this case is taking up to much of my energy cya guys I'll check daily and hopefully there will be some news

I don't think we can quote from Facebook here.

This may explain what is ok and not ok.
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7825556#post7825556"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hello....can anyone else see the gold tool box hanging on the rear passenger side of the bed. This is not a black and white picture....my opinion. I think this is simply a picture that is taken at night...so you might be able to see some green in the grass and the yellow/gold toolbox. Thanks
l.jpg

and I see what looks like 3 black letters right in the middle of the wheel well. 2 me this looks custom, and doesn't look removable. Of course I might change my mind if I was graced with just 1 more image from this series. If it is custom and non-removable, then you have your one feature that could distinguish this rig from the 1000s like it on the road in the US. Love to have a 2nd image.

Sometimes I feel like this thread should be closed until new evidence comes out. We just go round and round and never get anywhere.

I totally understand how you feel, but I honestly don't think you'd be saying those words if Mickey was your daughter or sister or best friend. We should NEVER give up sleuthing until she is found...not EVER. JMO
Praying for Mickey and her family :heartbeat::please::heartbeat:

We have much, much older cases here that are open and people still post on them, even though nothing has happened in months or even years...

I just keep stewing about the family's response to ACI and their apparent refusal to speak out about Mickey at this point. To me, it just screams that they are hiding something. And that doesn't mean any one of them is responsible for her disappearance. But, what is it that they don't want everyone to find out?
Huh? The mom spoke out last week and four days ago they released more photos of Mickey. The mom talked to the press only ten days before that.
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Wanting only the PI they hired working on their case....okay, I can understand that BUT asking ANYONE to""stop all web presence" and to not talk about the case is a different story all together. If it weren't for people talking about the case on the internet there would be NO talk about Mickey at all. When Mickey comes home I hope she never googles her name. Finding out that your mother had turned away offers to help bring you home and that your family refused an invitation to discuss their missing daughter on a radio talk show....saying they felt it would be "FOOLISH"....I can't even imagine how much that would hurt.

That actually happened in another case I was following here and I would be very sad if it happens to Mickey's thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111981&highlight=beth+bentley

On another note, someone in that thread (Post #20) details their own abduction and I wonder if something similar happened to Mickey.

I'm getting the feeling that would be the family's preference, sadly. But I find it strange that FB is apparently okay in their minds. I avoid FB as much as possible in general. Posters on FB can be vicious and out of control. We have tight moderation here and a lot of members with great experience in criminal justice.

It's a shame because many crimes really are solved by the public. If anyone missed Foxfire's posts about the Rogers family murders by Oba Chandler, that's a great case in point. That case was cracked by an average citiizen.

Foxfire cracked a case? Cool. As for facebook I don't like it at all, as you said people can say anything. Same with youtube. Some of the comments on HB were disgusting.

Wanting only the PI they hired working on their case....okay, I can understand that BUT asking ANYONE to""stop all web presence" and to not talk about the case is a different story all together. If it weren't for people talking about the case on the internet there would be NO talk about Mickey at all. When Mickey comes home I hope she never googles her name. Finding out that your mother had turned away offers to help bring you home and that your family refused an invitation to discuss their missing daughter on a radio talk show....saying they felt it would be "FOOLISH"....I can't even imagine how much that would hurt.

The "Foolish" comment really need's to be put in to some sort of context........

Know me or not, it's not like I'm some random person off the street. Im a Private Investigator. I'm not going to "accidentally" give out information that would compromise a case. I do know how to handle an investigation. How to handle it discreetly while at the same time sharing enough information to keep the public interested and involved. This whole case has been about "the power of social media" and spreading the word far and wide and I did just that. /rant over ;)

So how is everyone? :D

Yanno I find it a bit ironic that the family made this such a public case with "the power of social media" and yet the PI that they are working with has no website or facebook account.

I guess it bothers me most because you can see how many people in the Lafayette area and around the country have come together because they really care. Why turn your back on support when you are going through one of the worst possible tragedies anyone could go through?

And Facebook? Facebook causes more problems than it does good. Young people have their locations in their status updates? Updating your status to show every place you are going and what your plans are? Checking in everywhere you go? To me, that is just asking someone to stalk you.

Yeah, or rob your house or steal your other car while you're on vacation for 2 weeks.

Foxfire cracked a case? Cool. As for facebook I don't like it at all, as you said people can say anything. Same with youtube. Some of the comments on HB were disgusting.

No, I have no idea if Foxfire cracked a case. He's a former Fire Chief I think, though, so he might have.

I was referring to the Rogers family murders. Foxfire has posted several links about that case. The case was cracked by an average citizen. That's how LE caught the perp, Oba Chandler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth