LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you read the entire story and look at the entire scenario it does get a littlemore interesting. First of all, there were 3 suspicious fires that night. Secondly, the area is Johnston street in the right vicinity. Third, one of the other buildings that had a fire alarm that night was a pressurewashingbusiness also -- which would lead an enquiring mind to believe that pressure washers were high on the list of needed items by the perps that night and also -- the car parts that were taken were very interesting. The back tail lights were stolen, the right inside door panel and the air conditioning vent plastic thingees. The truck that they were stolen from was GM, interchangeable with GM trucks.

Now, with that information, one could glean that since MS was taken possibly in a white truck that perhaps sustained some damage, that the arsonist was particularly interested in truck parts and pressure washers, and probably building materials of some sort.

I do believe it is possible that this crime is related to MS. Thought I would just expound a bit -- thank you for giving me the floor. Adieu.

Thanks for the insight!!! It helps to know what was stolen. However, someone said this was 2 and a half weeks later. you'd think if it was related to MS they would have done it sooner?

It kind of bothers me that they would ask someone to stop their web presence.

And her family's reaction, while may still be within the realm of normal, it is odd to me. If one of my children were missing, I'd have to be sedated 24/7 and if I wasn't, I'd be on TV constantly. I'd want anyone willing to listen to hear about my child and I'd want them to tell everyone that would listen to them.

I completely understand their statement. They do not know ACI (as in hire) and what if he accidentally gave information out that somehow compromised the investigation. Many of us on this site think that this would not be the case but the family does not want this risked just to satisfy our questions. I hate to think of what they are going through and any peace of mind they can be given, they should be granted.

It kind of bothers me that they would ask someone to stop their web presence.

And her family's reaction, while may still be within the realm of normal, it is odd to me. If one of my children were missing, I'd have to be sedated 24/7 and if I wasn't, I'd be on TV constantly. I'd want anyone willing to listen to hear about my child and I'd want them to tell everyone that would listen to them.

It doesn't kind of bother me..it bothers me alot. Websleuths is something he likes to do. . not just for Mickey. They could have simply asked him not to tell of any info he found out while he was investigating, but he has every right to post on here or anywhere else, just like the rest of us!!!!!

It doesn't kind of bother me..it bothers me alot. Websleuths is something he likes to do. . not just for Mickey. They could have simply asked him not to tell of any info he found out while he was investigating, but he has every right to post on here or anywhere else, just like the rest of us!!!!!

Exactly! For them to think they can control what someone does in their own personal time is outrageous, especially when that person just wants to help them find out what happened to their daughter.

Hi! I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone checked local classified ads for white trucks for sale?

It seems as if half the trucks in the South are white so that might be a somewhat daunting and impossible task. I know where you’re coming from though — I grew up in the Northeast where wise fathers always told you to buy a red car so you could be seen in the fog or in case you slipped off the road in winter so the authorities would have a better chance of finding you in a snowbank!

:welcome4:

I completely understand their statement. They do not know ACI (as in hire) and what if he accidentally gave information out that somehow compromised the investigation. Many of us on this site think that this would not be the case but the family does not want this risked just to satisfy our questions. I hate to think of what they are going through and any peace of mind they can be given, they should be granted.

Know me or not, it's not like I'm some random person off the street. Im a Private Investigator. I'm not going to "accidentally" give out information that would compromise a case. I do know how to handle an investigation. How to handle it discreetly while at the same time sharing enough information to keep the public interested and involved. This whole case has been about "the power of social media" and spreading the word far and wide and I did just that. /rant over ;)

So how is everyone? :D

Sure you can, all you do is put the tail gate down instant 8 foot bed. The you tie it down. Now I wouldn't over 10 feet. I use one with a 8 foot bed for that. Anyway just because its a fancy pick up doesn't mean its not a working blue collar person. Or they may just have one truck for riding and one for working.
So that truck has 4 ft of space between the wheel wells and you can fit sheet rock on the flat with the gate down. That's a nice truck. There is something about the square shape of the wheel well that looks like it comes out a little (a lot?). I would like to see an image of the toolbox package over the passenger side rear wheel well.

l.jpg

The same could be said about anyone who posts on this forum. Nobody truly knows what type of occupations posters here have unless they are verified. Just like I don't know what information you may be privy to, you don't know what information I may have.

So, no one should say anything because it might compromise an investigation?

Know me or not, it's not like I'm some random person off the street. Im a Private Investigator. I'm not going to "accidentally" give out information that would compromise a case. I do know how to handle an investigation. How to handle it discreetly while at the same time sharing enough information to keep the public interested and involved. This whole case has been about "the power of social media" and spreading the word far and wide and I did just that. /rant over ;)

So how is everyone? :D

I am glad you are here!

Well I think we all recognize the effort ACI has put into the case it shows what a selfless caring person he is. And for the family to ask him not to post on this when he has freedom of speech shows what a respectable person he is. ACI your work hasn't gone unnoticed keep up the brilliant work. All I'm saying if there is no news
Within the next week these asking from the family are going to seem fishy and people are going to start asking questions. I've never come across people who have rejected help. This is starting to get beyond frustrating. Shame I'm in another country otherwise I'd start speaking out. Fingers crossed that these wishes were asked from the family for a reason otherwise we all know where this discussion will be heading and they will have themselves to blame for that one. Frustrated in an understatement!

The same could be said about anyone who posts on this forum. Nobody truly knows what type of occupations posters here have unless they are verified. Just like I don't know what information you may be privy to, you don't know what information I may have.

I'm getting the feeling that would be the family's preference, sadly. But I find it strange that FB is apparently okay in their minds. I avoid FB as much as possible in general. Posters on FB can be vicious and out of control. We have tight moderation here and a lot of members with great experience in criminal justice.

It's a shame because many crimes really are solved by the public. If anyone missed Foxfire's posts about the Rogers family murders by Oba Chandler, that's a great case in point. That case was cracked by an average citiizen.

Were Mickey's family members given polygraphs? Isn't that one of the first things LE does in a missing person investigation?

So do we stop sleuthing this case?
What do we do?
I am confused now.

I'm getting the feeling that would be the family's preference, sadly. But I find it strange that FB is apparently okay in their minds. I avoid FB as much as possible in general. Posters on FB can be vicious and out of control. We have tight moderation here and a lot of members with great experience in criminal justice.

It's a shame because many crimes really are solved by the public. If anyone missed Foxfire's posts about the Rogers family murders by Oba Chandler, that's a great case in point. That case was cracked by an average citiizen.

The greatest asset in a stranger abduction where little to no evidence has been found is the public's tips.

The Zodiac's ciphers were solved by average citizens after being published in local papers.

The thing their actions tell me is that they don't want this solved. Maybe it is because they don't want to face the reality that she is most likely deceased. I don't know.

Obviously (and let me add, THANK GOD), Lafayette LE do not deal with abductions often, so it's understandable that they may have to consult with outside resources to cover all basis for Mickey's case. I would think that this would be a beneficial step to take. Wonder if Mickey's Social Media Crew would be open to pushing this information out via their facebook page or adding something to the posters?

It seems that many times the perp's name will be cleared early on in an investigation because they offered an alibi or because their interview with LE revealed nothing suspicious. It's then that their behavior in the weeks or months following the crime starts to become odd in hindsight. But since they have already been cleared or set aside as not a strong POI that they escape detection and perhaps move to another area. They are then free to commit yet another similar crime in the next place they land.:twocents:

But the FBI would know to say these things, i.e. about the behaviors to watch for in people after the abduction and yet they haven't either as far as I know...

Saying the driver of the white truck is responsible, LE is just throwing out random things.

Saying that someone is accountable to no one for their time. Say the person is a contractor working out of town, which is very common these days....they may have a family back at their actual home, but most contracting companies will pay for a hotel room if you are working out of town for any period of time.

And saying they are not a worker, but a boss, is also absurd. Contractors generally make pretty good money. Skilled and non-skilled labor in my area pays at least $10/hr and they usually work at least 6 days per week and at 10-12 hours per day. So, it wouldn't be too big of a stretch for a laborer to have an expensive vehicle.

I was paraphrasing by memory which has let me down a few times already. The jist of it for me was that they may have called around town to see who called in sick on Monday. Just guessin'.

I just keep stewing about the family's response to ACI and their apparent refusal to speak out about Mickey at this point.<modsnip>
They don't want any information to be too widely disseminated as two or more clues may somehow tie together. If the information is in too many hands, vital connections might not be made.

I guess it bothers me most because you can see how many people in the Lafayette area and around the country have come together because they really care. Why turn your back on support when you are going through one of the worst possible tragedies anyone could go through?

And Facebook? Facebook causes more problems than it does good. Young people have their locations in their status updates? Updating your status to show every place you are going and what your plans are? Checking in everywhere you go? To me, that is just asking someone to stalk you.

Maybe it's just that the family wants all leads to go to either LE or their PI. They don't want any information to be too widely disseminated as two or more clues may somehow tie together. If the information is in too many hands, vital connections might not be made.

It sounds to me that they don't even want their PI to do any talking either. It wasn't too long ago that he came out and said he had a POI and that more info was going to come out. Then nothing. Things that make you go hhmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee