LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the answer to your question, Boudin, but this is outrageous, imo:

http://www.facebook.com/​NewOrleansEffortToBringMickeyHo​me

HEY EVERYONE! I was just sent this video of FRED RADTKE taking down MICKEY posters. #1 Everyone should write to him and tell him how horrible it is for him to do that. #2 Let's share this video everywhere so everyone can know who is responsible for hindering our efforts. #3 WE NEED TO POST MORE FLIERS because of people like this

JMO.. I don't think they should be telling people to do numbers 1 and 2. Yes what he did was wrong, but come on, don't lose focus. Put more posters up and later after Mickey is found then hate on him if u want. There's bigger fish to fry at the moment.

The KLFY story is dated 6/26/12. The BR Advocate article is dated 6/27/12. Not sure what's what or who's who here. I doubt the Advocate would have any reason to make up the part about the dad working for Lafayette PD.

I must be skipping over something while I'm reading. Where in the article does it say the father works for the Lafayette PD?

I know. That is strange. Perhaps a message of where to meet up with whoever texted her!

Was it ever mentioned by LE? I seem to remember BW stating that she received a text message before leaving his house. Surely the LE know about it, but just don't want to talk about it. Only makes me more suspicious... if it was nothing but a text from one of her friends that were at Mel's, we would likely already know. JMO

The KLFY story is dated 6/26/12. The BR Advocate article is dated 6/27/12. Not sure what's what or who's who here. I doubt the Advocate would have any reason to make up the part about the dad working for Lafayette PD.

I'm not seeing where it says where he works?

I linked the 6/27/12 article as well and it does not say anything about the father working for the Lafayette PD.

As far as that metal box on the side, what about a first aid kit? It is definitely for a contractor- so let's see-- welding, electrician, power lines, it is a metal box that dispenses something that they need easy access to-- sometimes they will have an ice cooler there -- maybe an oilfield work truck? This could be the key to identifying the truck....so....what type of metal box sits on the wheel hub. I think this would have to be sold commercially, though it could have been specialty built for that particular trade....does anyone notice if there is a matching one on the other side? Could the letters be FIRST AID? or do you think the letters are the name of a business?

I think I see lettering, a dividing line and then a symbol of some sort. I am thinking this is an oilfield work truck. It is a metal box that holds tools for adjusting something.

Did anyone else see the article in today's Baton Rouge paper telling how an employee of Lafayette PD left his 11 month old son in the car and went into work. When he left work, he ran errands with his dead son's body in the car. He didn't realize the child was still in the car until his wife called him to find out where the baby was. Lafayette PD chose not to release the family's name! If it were you or me, our name would be splashed all over the media! Special protected privileges for members and staff of Lafayette PD!

Erm... if it's the article in the Advocate, there is nothing in it talking about where the father worked.
http://theadvocate.com/home/3197776-125/babys-death-investigated-in-lafayette

Furthermore, the Advertiser specifically mentions that the case is going to be turned over for rewiew to the DA after the Coroner's report is finished. Again, no mention of where he worked. So... I really don't think there is any "Special protected privleges" going on here.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120627/NEWS01/206270306/Police-probe-toddler-death-hot-vehicle

An 11-month-old boy died Monday after his father forgot to drop him off at a day care, instead leaving the infant in a four-door truck for nearly six hours while he was at work, the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday.

I think she's possibly missing the comma, and reading it like it's one sentence.

I probably missed the discussion in the past but can someone tell me why it looks like something is under or next to the passenger side right tire? what am i seeing??
do you mean this?
l.jpg
l.jpg

or maybe this?

l.jpg
l.jpg

I def saw something that I feel has been adequately debunked on the Olds/hooptie pic, above the Olds. This one is still gnawing at me.

Here are some mechanics' mats:

images

v34.jpg

stdmat36x22.jpg

portablemechmatopen.jpg

I couldn't find a perfect match, but I found a couple that could look squarish.

In reference to the rear right wheel well.
l.jpg

I've gotta say it looks metallic to me. and the letters/numbers in the center have a stamped look. I reserve the right to change my mind if they share another frame of the video.

http://www.protoolboxes.com/Top-Boxes-C91.aspx

I have a call in to a guy who sells these. He is looking at the photo. Generally these guys are helpful.

Another idea: Go to the nearest big refinery or plant. A place where there are a ton of cars for workers. Ask the security guard there about this photo -- about that particular work box and what type of tradesmen generally have those. While the truck is certainly common, having a box right there is NOT. To me, if we figure out what that is -- it is a huge clue.

Another thought: I was asking myself why you would have a box on the side. You would have a box on the side if you often hauled a trailer (horse?) behind the truck -- so you would have access to tools since you could not access the tailgate if you had a trailer attached.

I have spoken to Clarence. He tells me that this box is probably a diamond tread service box. The reason I think it is diamond tread (shiney metallic with a tire-track texture) is that the light is reflecting off this box in the same manner that it is reflecting off the chrome. Clarance also pointed out that this bed seems like a custom-made bed because of its length. Some things that could also go on this bed would be air compressors, welding machines, etc.

Somehow I hope this helps. He also said that if there is one on the right side, there is most likely one on the left. I still see a placard on the front of this box. I think the placard is white and probably has a company name on it with a logo.

Off topic-
"It boggles my mind how anyone could forget their child in their car"..
FYI-

In 2011, a total of 33 children died this way in the U.S.

According to Jan Null, a researcher in the Department of Geosciensces at San Francisco State University, explains how ambient temperature rapidly develops in a vehicle.

The interior can reach 99 degrees in just ten minutes on an 80-degree day she says.

Even with a temperature of around 60 degrees, the reflection of the sun can raise the temperature inside a vehicle to 100 degrees.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-son-scorching-hot-car.html#ixzz1z1RToHPc

My heart breaks for this poor family. We live in a fast paced society where everyone has a lot on their mind. I have gotten in my car on a nonwork day and then found myself driving to work. We do some things automatically after awhile.

This man is going to have a tough time ever forgiving himself.

What is the link? I didn't see anything I read that said he worked for the LPD.

It doesn't matter where he works! Fast paced society! You'd be shocked to know what all I do on a daily basis but forgt me kid in the car?

Where he works just adds insult to injury and is the ONLY ONLY ONLY reason he's not been arrested for at the very least for child endangerment! I mean come on!

Off topic-
"It boggles my mind how anyone could forget their child in their car"..
FYI-

In 2011, a total of 33 children died this way in the U.S.

According to Jan Null, a researcher in the Department of Geosciensces at San Francisco State University, explains how ambient temperature rapidly develops in a vehicle.

The interior can reach 99 degrees in just ten minutes on an 80-degree day she says.

Even with a temperature of around 60 degrees, the reflection of the sun can raise the temperature inside a vehicle to 100 degrees.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-son-scorching-hot-car.html#ixzz1z1RToHPc

I lived in Las Vegas for 7 years and not a summer went by when someone didn't leave their kid in a car. Boggles my mind too.....

If he works for old an Forgets his own kid that speaks a whole lot for how capable he is about his job! Poor baby.

I feel sorry for that poor baby! Again .....ermehgerd.

Island hopper, terrific work! Thanks much for this. And thanks to the mods for integrating this into the OP of future new threads.

I do think this was an accident. I also think LE probably has a really great idea as to who was involved in this accident. The only reason I hesitate a little with accident, is I'm rather certain the driver of whatever vehicle hit Mickey was not of their right mind, and obviously, at this point, they (the driver and whomever may have been with them) are all about self preservation. Either that, or they've killed themselves too. I don't believe the latter to be the case, and I think that they are just as nuts as a serial killer, because any normal member of society would be riddled with guilt by now and would have come forward. One of my husbands friends was killed last week, in Lafayette, on a bike, hit and run. The driver later came forward. ( probably after they sobered up! Jmo)
Last night I agreed with MaHouston as to what happened to the Mick, but I would like to hold on to the idea that she is alive! I have to believe that.

I too feel obsessed with this case. I've never in my life been on any kind of Internet forum. My life is very personal. ( after all, it's MINE). I don't "Facebook", etc. I do, however, live 1/4 mile from where Mickey was last seen. I ride my bike there all of the time. The sidewalks are terrible, btw! And, st. Landry is very wide, so there is pleanty of room to share the road. I've lived in quite a few different larger cities (Baltimore and NOLA to give you an idea) and my head is not in the clouds about Lafayette, but this doesn't happen here! We won't let it! This case will NOT go cold!!! Anyone that has ever been around the people in the heart of Lafayette know that the community here is unlike anywhere. There is heart and soul here. This city really is a diamond in the rough.

Lafayette was not designed with the bike in mind. If you look at a map, it doesn't really look like Lafayette was even designed! Forever there were only two bridges that crossed the river that snakes through the city, so you had to drive to one end of the city or the other to get to the other side. Really silly. So to fix that, they knocked down an entire neighborhood to build a new bridge in the center. The growth of the city was obviuosly not factored into the last 100 year plan. The very small bike community here has grown tremendously over the last five years, and their hard work is paying off. Aside from the bicycles painted on the shoulder of Johnston street (the city calls them bike lanes), there is the new bike path and most importantly a long term plan for biking. The busses have bike racks. They are really trying.

I do not think BW or his bike had anything to do with Mickey disappearing. Whoever took BW's bike probably couldn't ride it, as I'm sure its a fixie too. They probably busted their *advertiser censored* once whenever they tried to stop and ditched it then.

I have heard through the grapevine from people (that in my opinion, being the professional that they are should have had their lips zipped), that the driver is not unknown, because a person that knows them and about what happened has talked. They (the yapper) are after the reward money. That's not happening until Mickey is home. So, please hope they keep yapping and get money hungry soon!!!

Please, LET'S FIND MICKEY! BRING MICKEY HOME! KEEP THE FAITH!

She and her family deserve nothing less!!! It's our job as a community to ensure this case is not allowed to go cold!

FYI: the gravel road on the south side of whiskey bay has about nine unmarked white cars parked on the side of it right now and not a person in sight. Cannot be seen on camera. Seen while driving over about an hour ago.

FYI: the gravel road on the south side of whiskey bay has about nine unmarked white cars parked on the side of it right now and not a person in sight. Cannot be seen on camera. Seen while driving over about an hour ago.[/quote]

Any updates?. Where they LEOs.?

Article states the father worked in broadcasting, not for LPD.
Broadcasting /lpd.....whatever........matters not! Some people shouldn't reproduce! There are capable people who lose children due to no fault of their own...or who are born handicapped and etc....kids fighting cancer......a perfectly healthy child forgotten about?

JMO.. I don't think they should be telling people to do numbers 1 and 2. Yes what he did was wrong, but come on, don't lose focus. Put more posters up and later after Mickey is found then hate on him if u want. There's bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I whole heartedly disagree.. It's is not about hate, but about common decency, common sense, and lack of empathy for a missing person; Mickey Schunick. Fred Radtke, imo, is a fanatic and should be prevented from further removal of MP Flyers.. It only takes a second to voice concern and possibly change this unacceptable behavior.

Irony:
http://www.operationcleansweepnola.com/docs/award_ISJ.pdf

Some of us think we "see" something too. Our minds might be playing tricks on us but the image of Mickey alone and the WT going in the opposite direction do not have that same "something" in that spot. You are welcome to speculate with the rest of us.

I personally think it could be her bike. I super imposed a Z71 white truck over the photo of the bike from my local paper today that was hit by a white truck. I am going to continue to work on it and see if it matches up from a side view.

Here's my speculation.......IMO.....it is her bike under the truck but she isn't. I think she was abducted by one person on foot right there in the view of the camera. Bike was left there in road an truck hit it. IMO picture is cropped (bushes cropped out) cuz whatever is going on (IMO....Mickey being drug off) is cropped out.
Bike was picked up by perp after Mickey was subdued. IMO.....white truck is wanted for questioning because he passed while she was being drug off trough parking lot (cropped out) white truck doubled back to see wtf he hit in the road. Tail gate down in second pic because he wanted to pick up the bike he hit......but when he passed back no bike in road because perp had picked it up after Mickey was dragged off and subdued.

That is the only thing I can think of that explains everything!

All the vagueness by le....
Saying Mickey is not under truck (they never said the bike wasn't they said Mickey wasn't)
Issue o white truck not getting much attention as o lately (they know that's not their perp.an he may have even come forward about hitting the bike but nothing is said to protect him as a witness and for Mickey's safety if she is still alive somewhere)
I think they know their perp(maybe not his identity but I think they see him in the pictures).....but I think they are looking for a certain someone by the way they've been acting because they've refused help. Searches for Mickey have stopped as far as I know.....this is a search for a perp.....and they don't trust the public to out him because they would have by now....IMO they are done with the public's help except for needing help to continue to fund the investigation

And this is all my own speculation but a simple "hey miss can I use your phone? " would cause her to stop with her one foot on the ground like the way it looks. Person could have ran off with her phone and she could have dropped her bike right in the road to chase them....and then truck run over it.......and it not be there when truck came back to see what he ran over......with tailgate down......all just speculation. All moo

I whole heartedly disagree.. It's is not about hate, but about common decency, common sense, and lack of empathy for a missing person; Mickey Schunick. Fred Radtke, imo, is a fanatic and should be prevented from further removal of MP Flyers.. It only takes a second to voice concern and possibly change this unacceptable behavior.

Irony:
http://www.operationcleansweepnola.com/docs/award_ISJ.pdf

I have experience with "Non-Profits." Generally speaking the top people are PAID VERY WELL!

This Radtke is ................................ Well, fill in the blank yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3