LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:blushing:

She's a "witchy woman"!:nerves:
♥♥♥ that song! just had to!! sorry for the off topic!
Eagles - Witchy Woman ( 1972 ) - YouTube
:whiteflag: Do we NOT have a Witchy smilie? We need a Bit-chee Wit-Chee! :giggle:
Ehh my eyes are going! I am getting OLD I tell Ya! O L D !!!
Another year under my belt in.... 3 1/2 hours!!!:maddening:
Happy Happy Birthday!!! to you!!

wouldn't you think that the police are getting hell from lafayette residents to have a press conference or make a statement. besides finding Mickey, women don't feel safe. do locals pressure LE? i don't know how one goes about doing that - calling them?? i guess you'd have to picket, but I can't see anyone picketing about this, so how else do you pressure LE to address the people?

or maybe they are getting pressured, but they just don't give a damn??

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

I think you got it right, I don't think they much care what the public thinks, especially given what is going on with them right now. you are also right, that the women here feel somewhat neglected by LE... this was a crime against Mickey, however, what are they doing to protect the rest of us from it happening to someone else. They aren't giving ANY details at all. We don't know if there is more footage from other locations, they will not admit nor deny most things surrounding this case, not even the DWTIQ!! It's very unsettling to say the least. I live here and work not far from where she went missing...If I lived out of town and had a daughter registered at the university here, I am not sure I would let her attend. They are giving us ZERO reason to feel protected. Of course this is all my opinion!!

No no no. Wrong. He passed the poly he took voluntarily. where in the world did you hear that he failed and why in the world would you ever post that???

And his name is BRETTLY. :please:

Do you have a link about the polygraph? I think Chief Craft said in the presser that Brettly took a polygraph, but I don't remember any confirmation that he passed.

This is all I can find at the moment:

2:30 p.m. — Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test.

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

Do you have a link about the polygraph? I think Chief Craft said in the presser that Brettly took a polygraph, but I don't remember any confirmation that he passed.

The only confirmation is that he took one. No pass or fail info was given. Obviously if he's left to go to "points unknown" which I would think would be Nola, he is in the clear.

No no no. Wrong. He passed the poly he took voluntarily. where in the world did you hear that he failed and why in the world would you ever post that???

And his name is BRETTLY. :please:

I am pretty sure I have seen the entire ONE press conference held.

I don't recall anything about passing a poly. Though it is my understanding one was given.

If someone could provide me a link I would appreciate it.

The only confirmation is that he took one. No pass or fail info was given. Obviously if he's left to go to "points unknown" which I would think would be Nola, he is in the clear.

Personally, I don't suspect Brettly at all. I think he just has the unfortunate role of being the last person to see Mickey alive (other than the perp).

However, we do have to provide links to back up our info.

OT, sort of, but I heard on a news preview that they solved a 14 year old cold case today, but never saw the news segment. anyone know what this is about?

LE could not keep him in town anyway, unless he was under arrest.
Is it a known fact that he has left town?

I really don't see why women in general would feel threatened unless they are also riding their bicycles at 2 AM.

This wasn't an abduction that occurred during the day. This wasn't a home invasion.

There have not been multiple victims thus far.

Women (and everyone in general) should always be vigilant. These types of things are RANDOM. That means it could happen to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, and at ANY TIME.

Having the ability to move around means nothing with respect to passing / not passing a poly.

Just because he moved does not mean he passed a poly......

Nothing else to really add.... Hard to know where to sleuth when all we have is Mickey by the Circle K and then Mickey's bike at WB (and possibly the DWT, but it would be good to know whether or not it's important & for LE to let us in on any details they can confirm about it- like a tool box, year range, door handles being silver vs. black, railings, are the two DWTS the same, etc - all the stuff we can't agree on here).

I hope so badly that the police have more than we do and are keeping it close to the vest. I hope this for the Shunicks and for all the women in the area- if this was a predator, he/they is/are still out there. This reeks of am abductiom by a sexual predator to me (although I'd love to ne wrong) Last month it was Mickey, later it could be any women in the area- daughters, sisters, moms, wives, and so on.

Finding Mickey gets us closer to finding who did this. Finding who did this helps save the next girl/woman. I hope the community doesn't forget her case or blow it off as a drunk driving accident cover-up (as even if that's the case, this person shouldn't be driving and is a danger to everyone!) because they or their loved one could be next! (and I know many locals are keeping this case out there, but many I have spoken to are blowing it off as "some drunk" or are uniformed- a Lafayette woman asked me "they still didn't find her?" this weekend. Everyone should care because finding Mickey=finding the perp & finding the perp means keeping people safe from him/them.

Women of south Louisiana, we are all Mickey Shunick. Men of south Louisiana, your daughters, wives, sisters, & moms are Mickey Shunick. Find Mickey=find perp=we are safe from perp.

Mickey, show us where you are!!!

I ain't gonna say a thing. I can't even make it quote, but just.....damn.
I know you locals have got to feel bad about this crime and may know some of
Mickeys family also. I really wish I could help someway and hope you get good news sometime soon. I'm not much of a sleuther, but I will try to check in sometime everyday.

/BTW dejavoodoo comes from and is in honor of the Kenny Wayne Shepard Band. Wife thinks Noah Hunt is something else lol.
I do not know about everyone else on here; but I lived in a warped bubble 'that you have to trust people and trust in goodness' until MS disappeared. Now I am reading a book by Ken alibek (russian defector) and I am literally shocked at the number of people who are assassinated or killed by ways only very deviant people can conjure up.

In some ways, I feel AMericans are just so naive; police are going to protect college students. College students learn and solve evil and our world becomes a better place generation by generation. At least I like to think that is everyone's goal when bringing children into the USA.

Yet it seems like America is a place where most of this stuff is happening, or maybe it is just bigger population wise than the rest of the world.

MS going missing in my backyard is a bigger wake up call for me than 9/11. I am not a parent; but I truly feel for one's who are: there is a fine line between keeping yourself safe in the knowledge of real adult evil and helping raise a child with strength and reality
awareness.

I tend to think the elderly and youngest of us is most at risk; and MS case just turned that hypothesis upside down.

It is all I can do to keep staying on my feet and keep walking in the midst of this.

And I think this website is one of the most amazing tributes of public awareness I have ever encountered. I have been reading storied besides MS now; and what I see is a tremendous community I never knew existed advocating justice.

Keep on keepin on was my 'fortune cookie' at a restaurant last night.

I really don't see why women in general would feel threatened unless they are also riding their bicycles at 2 AM.

This wasn't an abduction that occurred during the day. This wasn't a home invasion.

There have not been multiple victims thus far.

Women (and everyone in general) should always be vigilant. These types of things are RANDOM. That means it could happen to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, and at ANY TIME.

Yes it could happen anywhere to anyone..... Let me put it this way, if I turn up missing dont bother with LE, just gather the people on this forum to find me.. Oh, and please let the FBI get in on it the first time they offer, thanks.

PS: We had DTL and another one we have yet to identify.... the last thing we need is someone out there we have no idea how, why, or if it is his first and/or last... so yes, women in general are feeling uncomfortable with this entire investigation and the lack of information being provided.

I apologize, it must not have been made public that he passed. But it has NEVER been indicated that he failed either.

So I rescind my earlier statements. Except that his name is Brettly. ;)

I apologize, it must not have been made public that he passed. But it has NEVER been indicated that he failed either.

So I rescind my earlier statements. Except that his name is Brettly. ;)

So the bottom line remains we truly do not know. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129