LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if we could ask the NC girl a few questions!
Hopefully LA le has made contact with Raleigh.
Placing the bike on top of the SUV seems odd to me. I am trying to picture the scenario. Bump, her bike is damaged but she is not injured, maybe shaken up and some scrapes. The guy gets out of the SUV and says let me give you a ride home. He puts the bike on top of his SUV. That is faster than putting it inside but I would think the bike rider would find that odd.

maybe his SUV had a luggage rack of some sort that he tied it to? maybe we've been looking for the DWT when we should have been looking for a dark SUV

so the carnival rides aren't the only thing from out of town (Traveling groups) that were at the fair in Lafayette when Mickey disappeared. Below are links to the cajundome website about the event and you can see there are lots of different performers, and it lists a bunch of different traveling events that were taking part....so there were a lot of out of town traveling workers in the area when she vanished. I think this makes the whole case much harder to dig into.

Here are the links I was talking about:

http://www.cajundome.com/grandstand.aspx
http://www.cajundome.com/entertainment.aspx

I thought the article said the bike was left right there.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

The man put the bike on top of his SUV and offered her a ride home, but instead, he drove less than a half-mile to Horse Track Alley off Clark Avenue and tried to rape her.

Investigators said the woman was able to escape but left behind the bicycle.

Remember now , this happened 11 days ago. Female bicyclists had no warning that a sexual predator was preying near the NC State University area for almost two weeks after the incident.
If a black bear was spotted in the area, there would have been an instant warning aired..

Silence by LE via the media is the predators most lethal weapon..
This sexual predator could be in NYC or CA before the public; their most valuable weapon, had a clue..

maybe his SUV had a luggage rack of some sort that he tied it to? maybe we've been looking for the DWT when we should have been looking for a dark SUV
When I looked at the pic of the SUV in question I thought I saw a rack on top.
Oh dear.....now I am talking about seeing things in truck pics...

Quick question and pardon my denseness but are tower dump records different from the normal tower record?

Bike bump and grab. Wonder how common that is. Seems like a difficult thing to pull off, at least the bump part.

Bike bump and grab. Wonder how common that is. Seems like a difficult thing to pull off, at least the bump part.

earlier i read about 2 cases many years ago. one was a child that was kidnapped. I'm too lazy to google it again. google girl hit on bike kidnapped. i think that's what I put in the search bike. there may have been one in Hawaii too - I THINK. don't take my word for it - i'm tired

:blushing:
He probably originally offered to help her and take her and her broken bike to her destination. She probably stood by and watched as he put her bike on his SUV. Only after it was secured is probably when he tried to attack, IMO.
**************ACCIDENTLY RESPONDED TO WRONG QUOTE**********************

:blushing:
He probably originally offered to help her and take her and her broken bike to her destination. She probably stood by and watched as he put her bike on his SUV. Only after it was secured is probably when he tried to attack, IMO.
**************ACCIDENTLY RESPONDED TO WRONG QUOTE**********************

NY625,that is exactly what he did. The victim was a NC State University student & the predator is experienced, and very confident, imo, due to the ability to carry out the rouse, and the finess it takes to perform a bicycle bump & grab. The victim fought him inside the vehicle, escaped & then hid til he aborted the mission..

Psychopathetic Sexual predators hone their skills with each victim, whether successful or not. He will gain imediate compliance with his next victim, either through physical violence or a weapon, unless identified or arrested.

Isn't he wearing a NY Yankees hat?

here is a better link-
Police seek attempted rape suspect

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8718700

NY625,that is exactly what he did. The victim was a NC State University student & the predator is experienced, and very confident, imo, due to the ability to carry out the rouse, and the finess it takes to perform a bicycle bump & grab. The victim fought him inside the vehicle, escaped & then hid til he aborted the mission..

Psychopathetic Sexual predators hone their skills with each victim, whether successful or not. He will gain imediate compliance with his next victim, either through physical violence or a weapon, unless identified or arrested.

here is a better link-

Good catch! It certainly looks like a Yankees hat!

here is a better link-

I agree with the level of confidence being high...at ease with playing off the bump as an accident, gaining her trust (she accepted a ride), no disguise except for facial hair and a cap? This lady is very lucky that he wasn't able to subdue her - her fate could have been very different.

Leaving the bike behind may have been the plan all along, but I have to wonder why he was not concerned about DNA evidence left on the bike. Maybe he is too confident?

I also agree that he will strike again with a slightly modified MO to better subdue the victim. :twocents:

here is a better link-

It could be a NC Tar Heels cap too. http://product.images.fansedge.com/31-32/31-32310-F.jpg

here is a better link-

i was thinking same thing about the hat.

that link you posted shows the area really well. the homes look similar to the saint street homes in lafayette - garden district like.

she must have been terrified while she was hiding!! i can't even imagine. so scary!!!

it seems like he would have been identified by now

I agree with the level of confidence being high...at ease with playing off the bump as an accident, gaining her trust (she accepted a ride), no disguise except for facial hair and a cap? This lady is very lucky that he wasn't able to subdue her - her fate could have been very different.

Leaving the bike behind may have been the plan all along, but I have to wonder why he was not concerned about DNA evidence left on the bike. Maybe he is too confident?

I also agree that he will strike again with a slightly modified MO to better subdue the victim. :twocents:

nola, the perp did not leave the bike behind, only the victim...I posted the link in a prior comment that verified that he kept the bike.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

The man put the bike on top of his SUV and offered her a ride home, but instead, he drove less than a half-mile to Horse Track Alley off Clark Avenue and tried to rape her.

Investigators said the woman was able to escape but left behind the bicycle.

nola, the perp did not leave the bike behind, only the victim...I posted the link in a prior comment that verified that he kept the bike.

wonder where they will find this bike? it just seems like with the bike in tow and the picture of him and whatever details she may offer the police, this guy would be identified, if not caught by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne