LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if the shunick's think the cases are related. i kind of think they are. it's hard not to.

wonder where they will find this bike? it just seems like with the bike in tow and the picture of him and whatever details she may offer the police, this guy would be identified, if not caught by now.

He prolly would have if Raleigh LE had done a press release and BOLO to the public before 11 days later...
The abduction & attempted rape incident happened on June 18/2012...

I edited my post to provide you with a little more insight.

And sadly no, a PI wouldn't have access to this like LE does unless they had some really good friends working for various cell providers.

and even then it's difficult, you know job security and all .... ;)

i wonder if the shunick's think the cases are related. i kind of think they are. it's hard not to.

Too many parallels, justwannahelp. If it's not the same perp, it's one helluva coincidence. If not apprehended, Guess, we we'll know when he takes his next victim..

Article is kinda confusing..

She was last seen wearing black jeans, a dark-colored t-shirt, a tan and black plaid zipper sweatshirt with a solid gray hood and tan-colored hiking boots.??

Yea and if you Google events or things to do in Lafayette there were SEVERAL things having to do with cycling going on that weekend.....also I saw someone said earlier in this thread or the one before that he's bike was similar or almost identical to Mickey's which makes me wonder if the person who stole he's bike maybe thought it was Mickey's in the first place and then ditched it once he figured out it was he's and not Mickey's.....and I think its possible maybe she was targetted or attacked for her bike in the first place. Moo

The more I think about this case, and I have been thinking about this case ever since I saw the video/photos -- the more I believe this is a local case. The reason I think that is because there is something obvious here and it revolves around bikes and biking. Her friend's bike was stolen and found in the cemetary. That seems to me to be a message. Then the her bike was stolen and found in the river. And we cannot figure out how the damage was done, though it was severe. And her friend sends her a message at 2 a.m. but no one will say what the message was. Her other friend lets her sail off at 2 a.m. to her house 4 miles away...then white trucks intercept her and we never see her again. There is something here that just does not add up. If I could do anything at this point I would give the last four people that communicated with her lie detectors. I know this won't happen, but there is just something fishy here.

I cannot figure out why LE won't release the last message that she received, the time she received it and what it said. For those searching, wouldn't it be neat to know she said "I am going to the barn to be sure I locked the gate" or "what-ever" -- This case is very frustrating. However at first I believed it was a stranger abduction - but the more I realize that they are picking and choosing what they release - the more I think it is a local person and when the feces hits the oscillator it was entirely a local thing. That is the only reason I can think of for not releasing the text messages, etc. If this case was a kidnapper who came from I-10 and grabbed her -- then the text messages would have been released because they were irrelevant. Jeez louise this is a frustrating case.

Yea and if you Google events or things to do in Lafayette there were SEVERAL things having to do with cycling going on that weekend.....also I saw someone said earlier in this thread or the one before that he's bike was similar or almost identical to Mickey's which makes me wonder if the person who stole he's bike maybe thought it was Mickey's in the first place and then ditched it once he figured out it was he's and not Mickey's.....and I think its possible maybe she was targetted or attacked for her bike in the first place. Moo

I doubt she was attacked for the bike, a lone girl is always more interesting to the type of people who are out and about at 2 am looking to do bad things.

JMO

I agree, I am either rigging up that gun ACI posted on riding on a trainer for a while.

After not hearing any news, I needed a lil laughter to end on a good note. :floorlaugh: Thanks for the idea cause I'm saving for one.

Article is kinda confusing..

She was last seen wearing black jeans, a dark-colored t-shirt, a tan and black plaid zipper sweatshirt with a solid gray hood and tan-colored hiking boots.??

i thought that was odd too. like they saw her alive?? i guess they are saying that if anyone saw her alive, she most likely would have been wearing what she was wearing when they found her dead.

just goofy wording/reporting.

Regarding the possible incident by Circle K just because we haven't been notified by LE regarding statements from people at Circle K (to my knowledge) doesn't mean that no one heard or saw anything. Therefore, since no one heard or saw anything the accident couldn't have happened right? IMO no, that is not what it means, it just means that we don't know if anyone saw or heard anything just like a lot of other things that we don't know about. If this information has been released and I just missed it could someone please post the link?

Praying for Mickey to come home. Stay strong Baby Girl!

nola, the perp did not leave the bike behind, only the victim...I posted the link in a prior comment that verified that he kept the bike.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

The man put the bike on top of his SUV and offered her a ride home, but instead, he drove less than a half-mile to Horse Track Alley off Clark Avenue and tried to rape her.

Investigators said the woman was able to escape but left behind the bicycle.

Hey Foxfire- that's how I read the statement earlier, and posted that "I wondered where the bike would be found", but someone showed me a different article that made me think that I had misread it. So, now I'm not sure if the bike was left by the perp or not. :pullhair:

With the bike placed on top of the SUV, the driver instead took the woman to Horse Track Alley of Clark Avenue, parked, grabbed the victim and indicated he intended to rape her. She fought her way out of the vehicle and hid nearby until the suspect fled, leaving the bike behind.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06...ll-hunting-cameron-village.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/28/2166525/police-still-hunting-cameron-village.html

I doubt she was attacked for the bike, a lone girl is always more interesting to the type of people who are out and about at 2 am looking to do bad things.

JMO
well someone was interested enough in bw 's to steal it and lost interest and abandoned it......maybe they jacked he's thinking it was Mickey's......no I disagree with you because I think there are far more people interested in stealing bikes than abducting people. There are far more bikes stolen than people.......kind of a no brainer IMO. (HA)

Jmo

Too many parallels, justwannahelp. If it's not the same perp, it's one helluva coincidence. If not apprehended, Guess, we we'll know when he takes his next victim..

yea, all college girls need to be sure they aren't riding their bikes at 2 am on July 18

I did some research into the TV coverage of Mickey’s case:
........ ......... .........

I honestly thought the case had received a lot more TV coverage than what I discovered.

If you saw something about Mickey’s case that I didn’t write here, let me know.

Something new....... :woohoo: Today, Friday June 29, 2012, the local tv stations repeatedly showed a poster with Mickeys picture and the white truck on St Landry street that was a minute or two behind her. They asked if any info on the white truck to call tip line. Yeah! It's about time.

Something new....... :woohoo: Today, Friday June 29, 2012, the local tv stations repeatedly showed a poster with Mickeys picture and the white truck on St Landry street that was a minute or two behind her. They asked if any info on the white truck to call tip line. Yeah! It's about time.

They been showing that....its like 5-8 seconds long and comes on late at night like between commercials or samptin .....I've been seeing that since a good while back

He prolly would have if Raleigh LE had done a press release and BOLO to the public before 11 days later...
The abduction & attempted rape incident happened on June 18/2012...

seriously!!!! what in the world is up with that??!! let's ask the public for help identifying a rapist 10 days after when he's most likely in another state. real smart! he's probably at Ole' Miss or Tuscaloosa on Alabama's campus trying to figure out which cute cyclist he can hit in July.

can someone give me ONE reason why they didn't put his picture out until 10 days later?
:mad::mad::mad:

They been showing that....its like 5-8 seconds long and comes on late at night like between commercials or samptin .....I've been seeing that since a good while back

That's great that info has been posted late at night. Guess I have been dreaming for answers at that hour.
The ones I saw today were from late morn or early afternoon til news time or later. That's the first time in a long time I have seen Mickeys info snip all through the day. I was glad to see additional tv info plugs to help garner more answer to bring 'Mickey' home.
Time for prayers and bed.... May we pray for Mickeys and her family to have unending strength & guidance until they are reunited. God Bless the Shunicks.
:angel: :heart:

i thought that was odd too. like they saw her alive?? i guess they are saying that if anyone saw her alive, she most likely would have been wearing what she was wearing when they found her dead.

just goofy wording/reporting.

:banghead: I reread about six times cause it totally confused me. :what:
Guess I read it too late for my old brain to deduce what reporter was meaning.

Hey Foxfire- that's how I read the statement earlier, and posted that "I wondered where the bike would be found", but someone showed me a different article that made me think that I had misread it. So, now I'm not sure if the bike was left by the perp or not. :pullhair:

With the bike placed on top of the SUV, the driver instead took the woman to Horse Track Alley of Clark Avenue, parked, grabbed the victim and indicated he intended to rape her. She fought her way out of the vehicle and hid nearby until the suspect fled, leaving the bike behind.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06...ll-hunting-cameron-village.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/28/2166525/police-still-hunting-cameron-village.html

Nola, to conclude the most logical explanation, place yourself in the head of the predator. You have executed a perfect rouse and arrived at your safe haven to carry out your evil fantasies. Then your victim; a 22 year old coed, just out witted you while putting a whipping on you, and then successfully escaping your control.

Are you going to take the time to unsecure and remove a bike off the roof of your car. Leave the bike & damning forensic evidence at the scene of the crime. Or are you going to get the hell out of dodge with the bike in tow?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member