LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sedan looks like one of those FWD Cadillacs from the late 80s-early 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1989-93_Cadillac_DeVille.jpg

I think there were Buick/Olds/Chevy versions of that platform, but that car appears to have a carriage top, so my money is on it being a Cadillac.
JMO

I'm going with a Cadillac Eldorado Early 80's
1248nmd.jpg

I do NOT like that the front wheels look to be turned~ there is no reason to stop in the road there! The car APPEARS to be stopped! IMO:what:

This is a two lane on both sides, so I don't necessarily think the car is stopped in the middle, I think they saw something weird and maybe slowed down, pointing their car in that direction to throw their head lights that way.

Good call! I was thinking Buick Regal!
1980_buick_regal-pic-15840.jpg

ETA but that back window is a Caddie! NO DOUBT!

What if there was 2 suspects? They drove by and saw her and then turned around and drove by and one guy sat in the BACK and as they approached her one guy grabbed her and one guy grabbed the bike? Just an idea. The picture in the back of the truck looks to me a person leaned over with a cap on and feet dangling. IMO

Can't sleep, keep thinking about the eeriness of St. Landry at night near the hospital. I decided to look out my window and 10 seconds later another white 4-door truck with similar visuals pulls into my subdivision at 3AM. Just goes to show you how common this vehicle is in Lafayette. I wonder how many people have come forward so far or how many tips have been left about similar white trucks. The amount of info they have to sift through must be pretty big.

That is scary. Where I live I was just thinking I was picking my kids up for school last Thursday and was sitting in my car in the parking lot and there were like 10 White Chevy trucks in parking lot. So you are right I think that vehicle unfortunately will make it hard cause it is common everywhere.

Good call! I was thinking Buick Regal!
View attachment 22685

ETA but that back window is a Caddie! NO DOUBT!

BBM.
Remember, there was an Oldsmobile built on the same platform, I think it's called the "regency" or "delta 98" or something. There's one I walk by everyday on the way to work, it's def. an Olds. Having said that I'm sure the Cadillacs were better sellers. CIRCA thinks it's an E-body, I'd bet my life that's a D-body.
Also, GNGR~SNAP, remeber, you could put on of those carraige tops on any car, the Olds I mentioned above has one.

There may be a slew of white pick up trucks but I don't think there are too many of the old caddie driving around. I hope whoever owns that car comes forward to tell LE what they saw!!

One thing keeps nagging at me. If the white truck is involved, wouldn't the camera capture the abduction or did the alleged abductor know there was a camera there and waited to go off camera? :waitasec:

I'm hoping LE has other footage.

o/t Where was BW's bike stolen?

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

So, what is the sequence here? At the gas pumps, was the dark and light car there first, with the car leaving, or was the dark car and then the light car also pulled in?

It seems pretty damn clear this truck (and I think all three white trucks may be the same) could have been following her by driving around the blocks.

OK sorry if someone has mentioned this upthread (yes I'm trying to catch up on this fast moving thread) I posted as soon as Artis stitched them together.

IMO it looks like all three images of the trucks are not trucks but in fact the same truck.

And the sequence looks correct, assuming the abduction theory, again JMO.

The third picture of the truck opposite the gas station which everyone is assuming to be an open truck bed is IMO just a reflection of the cover, as is evident in the last picture (at a different locale) where we get a clear view of the rear of the truck.

2nd picture of truck open.
3rd closed
4th closed.

This is an image of the car after it got a little past Circle K which would be around 224 St Landry. There is definitely a white vehicle, most likely the truck coming towards the car. There is also no Mickey passing with the car. This car saw what happened.

How likely is it that the truck is stopped....and the oncoming car slows down because they see the truck is stopped and perhaps something is going on? My hubby slows down when he approaches a stopped vehicle thats running....to see if someone is hurt or if there is car trouble.

I do believe that this is the white truck in question. The whole thing gives me the creeps.

This is an image of the car after it got a little past Circle K which would be around 224 St Landry. There is definitely a white vehicle, most likely the truck coming towards the car. There is also no Mickey passing with the car. This car saw what happened.

Clicking "thanks" just wasn't enough. Thank you CIRCA for such excellent work!! :goodpost:

Your posts #364 (the map showing the locations/times of the vehicles) and #365 (the overlay of the image of the car on google streetview) provide excellent perspective!

It sure was a tight timeline wasn't it? I would just like LE and media to provide greater clarity on whether there were two different white trucks (which is what the media said) and which specific photos represent the VOI (vehicle of interest).

So where did the white truck originally come from?

LE said that the truck was captured on video on Versailles, on the same camera that they saw Mickey. Was the truck just trolling around the high school area at Parkside/Versailles/St.John and just happened to see Mickey ride by? Do kids tend to hang around the high school grounds late on weekend nights, partying in the dark, doing grafitti, etc.?

Or, does the driver of the truck live or have friends in the Parkside/Versailles area?

Can we assume that LE do NOT have Mickey on tape at that location? Maybe they CHOSE not to release that for some reason. WS regulars... does that seem plausible at all?

attachment.php

Is that just a shadow pool behind the white truck, or is it another vehicle behind the truck?

When I look at google street view it is clear that there is a street light right on the corner closest to the back of the truck. It looks like the trees are taller than the light and wouldn't create a shadow.

Slightly off topic but a quick question for the veterans of this site. I am curious to know if there have been any cases followed here where it was discovered that the "perf" had logged in and participated in a covert manner in the thread.

Second...have there been any crimes in which this site was directly responsible for the crime being solved.

This is just my own curiosity and you can just answer in PM if you wish.

Thanks.....Ken

Can we assume that LE do NOT have Mickey on tape at that location? Maybe they CHOSE not to release that for some reason. WS regulars... does that seem plausible at all?

LE is typically very careful and selective about what they release in order to maintain the investigativee integrity of their case. They don't want to taint what witnesses may say (or the perp may say) based on the evidence that they have in hand.

I don't think we should assume anything. They very well might have caught Mickey riding past that spot on her bike. This won't stop us from guessing and trying to piece together the most likely scenarios though!

Slightly off topic but a quick question for the veterans of this site. I am curious to know if there have been any cases followed here where it was discovered that the "perf" had logged in and participated in a covert manner in the thread.

Second...have there been any crimes in which this site was directly responsible for the crime being solved.

This is just my own curiosity and you can just answer in PM if you wish.

Thanks.....Ken

I am really new to this site but I wouldn't be surprised if a perp kept him or herself abreast of the going theories by at least lurking. I'm not sure what good logging in and participating would do but it's definitely possible!

Hello all! My fist time posting on WS.
Had a thought.. Anyone ever consider that the truck in question has one of those old camper covers(not real sure what the are called- it encloses the truck bed and would make the truck look similar to an suv)?

I apologize if this post falls in a random place or has already been posted. I'm trying to catch up on the thread.

Tasha Patterson believes it is the same truck that approached her two months ago. She says she was riding her bike down South College around 2 pm.

Patterson says throughout the car ride, the man offered her money in return for sex.

"He says he rides around town all the time trying to pick up pretty girls."

http://www.katc.com/mobile/story.cfm?n=244848

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members