LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, and I know we each see different things in photos, but the last photo of the truck just up further from the truck (on the right side) there appears to be something in between some poles. I don't know what it is but it almost looks like a person on a bike. I cannot see the bike tires but if it was moving you may not be able to see it on a still shot.

I could be wrong and I probably am.
Good catch, I see it, too.

Unfortunately, the photos are so grainy, it was nite-time, and the lighting is so different in the various areas.

Wish they would release the times of the other images. And better yet, the videos. :angel:

There are sure a lot of cameras along the path that she rode so could it be possible that LE have the actual footage of when she went missing. It seems that maybe they are getting an idea of where and when she went missing, but is it possible a camera has the actual footage?

Just out of curiosity, and I know we each see different things in photos, but the last photo of the truck just up further from the truck (on the right side) there appears to be something in between some poles. I don't know what it is but it almost looks like a person on a bike. I cannot see the bike tires but if it was moving you may not be able to see it on a still shot.

I could be wrong and I probably am.

I see exactly what you're talking about. I've tried to manipulate the photo, but I'm having some difficulty because that image is so close to the edge of the photo. I am inclined to agree with your observation. If would appear that the upper half of the image is leaned forward, as if riding a bike. It also appears as a light colored top and hair. The bottom portion of the image appears to have on long pants, which appear dark and shadowed due to the poor video quality. I would certainly like to believe that LE has painstakingly examined all of these video images to their utmost ability.

This is a terribly troublesome and frustrating case. Where is Mickey?!

Oops...looks like someone blew the margins. I'll fix it.

37 members and 78 guests at just before 10 a.m. CDT on a Sunday morning - guests, please join us. Have your say.

Is anyone 100% certain that is even her on the bike in the grainy photo? All I can make out is that someone is riding a bike with black handles (they don't look gold), and has a sweater/hoodie on, which seems unusual for this time of year in Lafayette, LA. Right?
Welcome to WebSleuths, manlet.

Good grief! I need a case file to keep up with this stuff....I am utterly and totally confused about the vehicles. The original truck photo we had yesterday showed the white truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey on her bike. Today, we have what appears to be the same truck facing in the direction that Mickey was riding in. Am I doing well so far? (If so, please feel free to nominate me for Sleuther of the Year!).

The other truck...the one that is not seen near the Circle K....is another truck. Then we have the car. Is this in line with the truth? If not, I will never unravel this mess. So to keep me from discouragement, please agree with me!

Just find Mickey! Whatever it takes! (And please hurry)

Just, imo, but it seems unprobable to figure out the time, trucks, etc at this time because LE hasn't released the time of all the sightings.....and I'm sure they have them from the cameras. What does concern me is they haven't released a view of MS on the 224ish Landry camera where they caught the car and truck in the upper corner. Even the first pictures near the Circle K can't be figured out, because we don't know who (MS or the truck) arrived at the intersection first. It could be reasoned someone taking someone home, and that could be why someone was caught going both ways on any street, imo. I do wish they would have had presser to explain the times, but there may a reason they are not releasing that info...at this time. JMO

Hello all! My fist time posting on WS.
Had a thought.. Anyone ever consider that the truck in question has one of those old camper covers(not real sure what the are called- it encloses the truck bed and would make the truck look similar to an suv)?

First, welcome to WS! Great first post!

I, at least, had not thought that. But, I know exactly what you are talking about. My grandparents had one when we would go camping; I think they called it a pop-up camper. Are there many campgrounds/sites in or around Layfayettte? Those may be the places to track this truck down, especially if he/she is from out of town/state and difficult to find through DMV records. I personally, think that the truck with the bed cover is not involved in Mickey's disappearance, and instead just a possible witness. I believe the perp was driving the OTHER white truck, seen coming AND going at the Circle K. I do know it is illegal to drive with it popped-up, well at least in the places I have camped.

ETA: my husband reminded me, these are actually called truck campers, and do resemble truck bed covers when not erected. Pop-up campers are towed behind the vehicle typically.

I think you're thinking of the Abraham Shakespeare case.

Yes! Thank You.

Abraham Shakespeare -lottery winner

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92288"]FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Missing student case similar to Lauren Spierer’s turns up in Louisiana
May 27, 2012

snipped...Bloomington police have contacted officers in Louisiana in regard to their recent search for a female college student, who has been missing for a week.

Read more: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...-to-lauren-spierers-turns-up-in-louisiana.sto

Another very similiar one Holly Bobo. The resembalance of these three girls is amazing. 21 years old. 115@ at 5'1" blonde blue eyes, college students.

All so very similiar in appearance. NG had a picture and statistics on them and it was so strange.

Another very similiar one Holly Bobo. The resembalance of these three girls is amazing. 21 years old. 115@ at 5'1" blonde blue eyes, college students.

All so very similiar in appearance. NG had a picture and statistics on them and it was so strange.

Below is snipped from the link at this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7972504&postcount=417"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 #4[/ame]

Here are lists of just a few we know about of kidnapped young slender petite blond hair Caucasian girls ages about 22 and 23 that match the build, weight and features of Mickey Shunick that have gone missing and to date the police have no clues to give the family:

Kelli Bordeaux April 14th 2012 Fayetteville, NC

Heather Hodges April 9th, 2012 Rocky Mount VA

Stephanie Kirk April 25th, 2012 New Albany IN

Karen Swift October 30th, 2011 Dyersburg, TN

Katelyn Markham August 13th, 2011 Fairfield OH

Lauren Spierer June 3rd, 2011 Bloomington IN

Holly Bobo April 13th, 2011 Darden TN

Paige Johnson September 23rd, 2010 Florence KY

Brittanee Drexel April 25th, 2009 Myrtle Beach SC

Crystal Hall March 3rd, 2009 Pikeville KY

Carmen Purpura July 11, 2007

These abducted women form a near perfect ring of locations.

Is anyone 100% certain that is even her on the bike in the grainy photo? All I can make out is that someone is riding a bike with black handles (they don't look gold), and has a sweater/hoodie on, which seems unusual for this time of year in Lafayette, LA. Right? Also I read somewhere she was wearing a helmet? But in the grainy photo I don't see a helmet on the person's head. Hmm...

snipped...Says said she had absolutely no doubt that the bicyclist on the video is Shunick.

"It's definitely her. It's her silhouette, her body type. You can see the lights on her spokes. I've looked at it really closely and when you look closely, you can even see that big blonde hair," Says said.

Read more:
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...map-Mickey-s-route?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

/QUOTE]

Yes, two cases come to mind. I'm hoping another member will remember the names and chime in here. The case I am thinking of was a man from Florida who had won the lottery and was later murdered. The person responsible was posting on Websleuths. I will go search for the case and a link. Anyone remember this case?

I also recall a missing persons case that was solved by a Websleuth member a few years ago, related to a case dating back 40 years ago. A woman disappeared leaving a child behind (ex/husband was thought by many to be involved) and in a neighboring town, or nearby, a week (or month) later a husband and father of 3 vanishes. Neither ever heard from again, never solved. Again, I will search for case and link. Anyone else recall?

Two cases I was thinking of:

Abraham Shakespeare -lottery winner
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92288"]FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Found Alive NE - Melvin Uphoff, 30, & Jacquelyn Rains, 18, 24 Oct 1965
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41913"]Found Alive NE - Melvin Uphoff, 30, & Jacquelyn Rains, 18, 24 Oct 1965 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So if these pics of a white truck are all the same truck, then the pic at Circle K of that truck is in fact one that has the tailgate down (which I had previously posted it may be down), not a tailgate missing. If that is the same truck in all pics, then this person had a reason for his tailgate to be down and it was a sinister reason. In the last picture of the truck a tailgate is clearly up. Once again, if this is all the same truck, the tailgate up may mean that this pic is taken after Mickey was snatched.

IMO

In my area trucks like this are usually used by two groups. Construction workers with white hard hats going to a job site and Hispanic lawn care workers driving the Lawn company trucks just like this.

We have lots of both. The lawn care company trucks usually have writing on the side.

They are white or red and seat four workers. Usually pretty new but sometimes a bit older.

I never see them cruising or families in these trucks. Just the above.

I wonder if that is what it is like in Lafayette, LA?

So I was lying there last night and I couldn't sleep, I remembered there was another photo of Mickey and some thigns weren't matching up. I added a few details to my map.
You can also go to Google Earth to view this map and see the photos laid into the map as well as time stamps with paths of the vehicles. Here: http://productforums.google.com/foru...k/discussion

attachment.php

Yellow Path is the path of the Car
Red Path is the path of the Truck
Pink Path is Mickeys Path
  • 1:45 am- Mickey leaves BW house
  • 1:47 am- We have a photo of Mickey on Versailles and St Landry
  • 1:48 am -We have a photo of Mickey on her bike at the Circle K
  • No Time -We have a photo of a White truck going the same direction as she is
  • 1:49:38 am -We have a photo of a car on W University going towards St Landry
  • No Time-We have a photo of the truck turned around going the opposite direction (left) onto W University (no time)
  • 1:51:27 a.m.- Photo
of said truck on W University at
No Time 'Point "A"- We know that the car turned right onto St Landry because there is a photo of it

If corrrect, then we can assume (yes I know, slippery slope) the following:
IF Mickey made it to point "A" where they caught the car going down the street on camera, then they would have her on camera there also because it was right down the street from where they already had her on camera only a minute before. She must have disappeared within that small area from circle K to where they caught the car on camera
They want to talk to the driver of the car because there would be no possible way that they didn't see something happen. They were crossing paths with Mickey and the Truck when whatever happened happened.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but in the 2 photos at Circle K with no time stamp, how do we know the sequence is not the other way around as in it passed in the opposite direction to her first and then turned around and followed her? Which would mean if it was that truck, it could have picked her up further along her route.

I am not sure Karen Swift should be on that list. Her body was found and although blond and slender, she was older.

I agree. Her husband is also a POI in her case, although I don't believe he's been charged. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't followed Karen's case super closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member