LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexy and Tanya seem to be missing about 2 - 3 weeks apart, then one week later we have Mickey missing. I smell something serial going on here, and possibly a white truck no less! OMG!

ETA: I would hope LE has spoken to the missing girls parents and close friends/teachers to get a feeling for their character, i.e., would it be expected that they would run away, etc.

Anyone looking at the photo of the car on st landry with the truck in the top right corner recognize the type of grill on the truck? It is the only pic of the front of the truck. Most of the speculation of what type of truck this was has been based on the side view. Wouldnt the grills of these different makes be very distinguishable from each other? To someone who knows trucks anyway.

So I was lying there last night and I couldn't sleep, I remembered there was another photo of Mickey and some thigns weren't matching up. I added a few details to my map.
You can also go to Google Earth to view this map and see the photos laid into the map as well as time stamps with paths of the vehicles. Here: http://productforums.google.com/foru...k/discussion

attachment.php

Yellow Path is the path of the Car
Red Path is the path of the Truck
Pink Path is Mickeys Path
  • 1:45 am- Mickey leaves BW house
  • 1:47 am- We have a photo of Mickey on Versailles and St Landry
  • 1:48 am -We have a photo of Mickey on her bike at the Circle K
  • No Time -We have a photo of a White truck going the same direction as she is
  • 1:49:38 am -We have a photo of a car on W University going towards St Landry
  • No Time-We have a photo of the truck turned around going the opposite direction (left) onto W University (no time)
  • 1:51:27 a.m.- Photo
of said truck on W University at
No Time 'Point "A"- We know that the car turned right onto St Landry because there is a photo of it

If corrrect, then we can assume (yes I know, slippery slope) the following:
IF Mickey made it to point "A" where they caught the car going down the street on camera, then they would have her on camera there also because it was right down the street from where they already had her on camera only a minute before. She must have disappeared within that small area from circle K to where they caught the car on camera
They want to talk to the driver of the car because there would be no possible way that they didn't see something happen. They were crossing paths with Mickey and the Truck when whatever happened happened.

This is a wonderful map. Thank you so very much. It looks like that truck picked up on Micky early in her trip.

Lexy and Tanya seem to be missing about 2 - 3 weeks apart, then one week later we have Mickey missing. I smell something serial going on here, and possibly a white truck no less! OMG!

ETA: I would hope LE has spoken to the missing girls parents and close friends/teachers to get a feeling for their character, i.e., would it be expected that they would run away, etc.

Both are listed as endangered runaways - could that be a way of a trying to downplay crimes stats? Had there not been a bit outpouring for Mickey, would she be so listed? Perhaps I'm just being to negative, and on the other hand, much thanks has to be given to the hard working LE people on Mickey's case...

When I first saw Mickey's case, I mentioned the
old case in Philly, PA of Shannon Schieber who was unaware of a serial rapist in her neighborhood..
http://inquirer.philly.com/packages/crime/2004/022104inqmain.asp

Anyone looking at the photo of the car on st landry with the truck in the top right corner recognize the type of grill on the truck? It is the only pic of the front of the truck. Most of the speculation of what type of truck this was has been based on the side view. Wouldnt the grills of these different makes be very distinguishable from each other? To someone who knows trucks anyway.

I've looked at the grill of that truck as carefully as possible given the poor quality and position of the truck in the frame. It looks to me to be a newer model Ford F-150. New as in the last 2 years.

I believe the text Mickey received is connected to her disappearance. What kind of phone did she have? Does anyone know?

A black Verizon slider phone as per: http://findmickeynow.com/

It was BW on Nancy Grace: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html who noted the text message and the fact that Mickey kept her cell phone on:

"BRETTLY WILSON, FRIEND, LAST PERSON TO SEE MISSING CO-ED MICKEY SHUNIK: Yes. You know, she was -- she always had it on. Always had somebody to contact her. And I know -- and that night in particular she had received a phone call from a friend. Also before she left she received a text message, and to the best of my knowledge, she hadn`t mentioned anything about the phone being about to die or anything like that."

OK sorry if someone has mentioned this upthread (yes I'm trying to catch up on this fast moving thread) I posted as soon as Artis stitched them together.

IMO it looks like all three images of the trucks are not trucks but in fact the same truck.

And the sequence looks correct, assuming the abduction theory, again JMO.

The third picture of the truck opposite the gas station which everyone is assuming to be an open truck bed is IMO just a reflection of the cover, as is evident in the last picture (at a different locale) where we get a clear view of the rear of the truck.

2nd picture of truck open.
3rd closed
4th closed.

In the 1:51 AM pic of the white truck, is that Mickey biking in front of the truck (white torso, darker bike, etc) or just a pole?

Earlier someone mentioned that in their area most white trucks like these were construction/lawn trucks...that's totally not the case here. There are a lot of people who drive big trucks like this--people who hunt, people who fish (to pull a boat behind), people who camp (to pull a camper), there are a lot of construction workers, handymen (repairs/renovations/etc.), a lot of people I know who work offshore drive trucks. Literally, they are everywhere you turn. I was at a red light yesterday and opposite of my car there were 2 straight lanes and a turn lane....white extended-bed pickup truck in all three lanes. White is a popular color because of the heat here (black and dark colors will absorb the heat and it will feel even more miserable after being parked outside all day) and it's also a popular choice for company vehicles--repairmen, electronics installation, etc. They're so versatile, and I'd feel comfortable saying that 75% or so of families have at least one truck (not necessarily white, but a truck)...and an extended bed truck can hold the whole family, with carseats and all. If the white truck is involved, perhaps he picked a very common vehicle for that reason?

In the 1:51 AM pic of the white truck, is that Mickey biking in front of the truck (white torso, darker bike, etc) or just a pole?

I brought that up a few pages back but someone kindly told me that it was a street sign.

earlier someone asked what was across from the apartments on st landry, specifically to find out if there was a way she could cut to azalea there...

The buildings across from the apartments are office space, a lot of lawyers, a couple of medical offices, and even my hair stylist. you cant cut through the lot there, it would have to be further down, but then you run into martin & castille funeral home. i do want to add that behind the office buildings the parking lot ends with the coulee.

if she was spooked by something i dont think mickey would have ridden to azalea. The turn onto azalea from st. mary is one of the darkest spots in the 'hood at night. i also want to add that you have to go up st mary past the parking tower before you even get to the turn for azalea.

I wonder if that is what it is like in Lafayette, LA?

I hope anyone making a theory takes this into account: in Lafayette, these white 4 door pickup trucks are everywhere you look. It is definitely not just certain groups of people. Perhaps you won't see families riding in them, but all kinds of people have them.

If you look for one minute on any major road, you will see a handful of them.

Also, compare the photos of mickey at circle k at at 148 and the white truck moving in the same direction of mickey in front of the circle k at 149. In the mickey photo you see a tree/bush with what appears to be a white box (bottomof light pole?) Protruding from the right of the bush. This is on the university/st landry corner on the circle k side. At the same place on the truck pic you see the same box. If you look to the left ( within the bush area) there appears to be a vehicle in the right lane on st landry as though about to turn south onto university. To me it appears to be the back end of yet another white truck. Could this be a 3rd truck that passes mickey on st landry moments before? What looks to be a truck rear end in this photo is not in the one of mickey at this spot one mjnute earlier. Where im seeing this in the mickey photo, you can see the curb in front of the circle k almost all the way to the corner. In the other photo, there is clearly some thing in front of the curb.

Sorry i dont konw how to repost pics on this forum from my unsophisticated nookcolor.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/?fullsite

I know this was posted before. But it is the article that another girl says that one of the trucks they are looking for looks like the one that picked her up a couple of months ago that was looking around town to pick up pretty girls.

Anyway, what really disturbs me is that she tried calling the police but never could get thru to them. This is not the first person to comment either on here or on Facebook. It makes me wonder how many more people with information have been trying to contact the police or tip line and get thru to them to give important information.

Just cutting in for a minute to add this: I don't think any of the three pictures are the same exact truck; however, what I do know is that even if in the truck in the pictures in front of the circle k are the same truck, the other truck (pictured @ a different location) is definitely not the same truck as the other two. For one, it has a truck cover. More importantly, it does not have the chrome/colored aftermarket gas tank cover.

A black Verizon slider phone as per: http://findmickeynow.com/

It was BW on Nancy Grace: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html who noted the text message and the fact that Mickey kept her cell phone on:

"BRETTLY WILSON, FRIEND, LAST PERSON TO SEE MISSING CO-ED MICKEY SHUNIK: Yes. You know, she was -- she always had it on. Always had somebody to contact her. And I know -- and that night in particular she had received a phone call from a friend. Also before she left she received a text message, and to the best of my knowledge, she hadn`t mentioned anything about the phone being about to die or anything like that."

Jumping off the NG transcripts - here's more 411 about Mickey's phone activity.

snipped...Mouton said police have been able to piece together Shunick's last known whereabouts, based on information from friends and recorded transactions. Shunick was at Artmosphere Bistro from 10:13 p.m. Friday to 12:44 a.m. Saturday, then was at a Taco Bell on West Congress at 1:24 a.m. Saturday. Brettly Wilson, Shunick's friend and the last person known to have seen her, has said previously that the two went to the Taco Bell drive-through, then went back to his home at 100 Ryan St. to eat.

Shunick's cellphone was last used at 1:31 a.m. Saturday, Mouton said, when a friend called her. Since that time, there has been no activity on the phone. Because of the phone's make and model, police are not able to signal it to try to determine a more specific location.

Found here: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...map-Mickey-s-route?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

earlier someone asked what was across from the apartments on st landry, specifically to find out if there was a way she could cut to azalea there...

The buildings across from the apartments are office space, a lot of lawyers, a couple of medical offices, and even my hair stylist. you cant cut through the lot there, it would have to be further down, but then you run into martin & castille funeral home. i do want to add that behind the office buildings the parking lot ends with the coulee.

if she was spooked by something i dont think mickey would have ridden to azalea. The turn onto azalea from st. mary is one of the darkest spots in the 'hood at night. i also want to add that you have to go up st mary past the parking tower before you even get to the turn for azalea.

Thanks for the clarification, I knew i wasn't the only one who thought it would be difficult for her to get from St. Landry to Azalea. I suggest she was traveling straight down St. Landry in order to travel near fraternity row. I utilize this route as a shortcut daily due to it's lack of traffic and traffic lights.

I agree that it would be unlikely for Mickey to travel down St. Mary or directly through residential areas (Azalea) due to the poorly lit setting as well as sketchy people who occupy some houses near there. Crime has become more prevalent in this area over the past year. AND NOBODY SHOULD BE BIKING HERE AFTER HOURS. This remains very frustrating because I reside so so close to all of this.

Regarding the two truck pictures. I ask hubby who is a car/truck guy and he said they are two different trucks. They have different rims and one is an old model. I didn't ask if he thought they were different just what he saw and he said they aren't the same truck. He was 100% sure as soon as he saw it. Just wanted to add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth