LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this information should at least be added to the volume of information surrounding this case even though it has no direct bearing on Mickey's disappearance. It may explain a comment I read above re two missing girls that were classified as runaways (as opposed to possible abductions). There is a very nasty suit that has just been filed that appears to have the PD in turmoil: the suit has been filed against Chief Craft alleging that crime stats have been manipulated and there are reports of possible retaliation against some of the officers (whistleblowers).

Like I said, no direct connection but I think it should be added as an ongoing periphery issue for the WS folks who aren't local.

Please remove if inappropriate to post here.

http://www.klfy.com/story/18597674/lafayette-pd-facing

The above link is very detailed and has a compilation of stories. This was filed, I think, on the 22nd or 23rd.

SNIP:

Lafayette PD Uncovered 2/23

A restraining order filed by five officers with the Lafayette Police Department against Chief Jim Craft and Chief Administrative Officer of the Durel administration Dee Stanley has been signed by District Judge Kristian Earles. Tuesday those officers also filed a lawsuit against LPD. In our investigation, LPD Uncovered, we were able to obtain hours of secretly recorded conversations that back up those claims. Now we're questioning if Lafayette is safe as we think it is

The attorney representing the five officers contends in the lawsuit the current administration has been engaged in a policy and practice of widespread deception and disinformation.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I am running behind. Is this possibly Mickey? This is taken after the truck pic.

Attachments

• fxuryw copy.jpg
    fxuryw copy.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 108
Apologies if this has been brought up before:

Per Wikipedia: Lafayette has a population of 120,623 as of the 2010 census.

Ford F-series trucks (if that is what it is) have been the best selling truck for over 30 years.

Even though that's a large population, and the truck is popular, I still don't think that many white trucks of similar style will be on the roads at that time of night.

My personal experience - I go to work very early in the AM, 4AM, and I might see only a few of these over a 30 mile stretch of interstate. Of course I'm in a completely different area.

What is the nightlife like in Lafayette? Do bars, *advertiser censored* shops, clubs, other stores, close at a certain time?

What are likely popular destinations somebody with no bad motive would be driving, along the routes mentioned, at that time of the AM?

Edit: I'm sure the theory that she was possibly hit and the driver freaked out has been brought up? Are there significant wooded areas or bodies of water for evidence to be dumped in the area?

Very good questions and concerns shown above.

Nightlife in Lafayette typically ends at 2:00 AM. The bar/venue that Mickey and her friends were at prior to her disappearance (Artmosphere) is a hooka bar where concerts take place. It is very possible that she tagged herself at Artmosphere on facebook or by friends.

Typically on the weekends, most people out driving past 1:00 AM in Lafayette are heading home from the bars (which there are many). What concerns me, however, is that the truck captured taking a left onto W. University from St. Landry is on a direct path to I-10.

And Finally, yes there are many bodies of water surrounding Lafayette, some of which have been searched (Lake Martin), others would simply be like finding a needle in a haystack (Atchafalaya Basin).

I think this was a crime of opportunity, and don't at all see it as connected, say, to the Spierer disappearance (answer there probably lying with lawyered-up students; Bloomington 14+ hours from Lafayette); or the Bordeaux (registered RSO one of last to see her; Fayetteville NC 15+ hours away); or the Holly Bobo (perp very likely local to area; Darden TN nine hours from Lafayette).

But, as always, I could be waaay wrong!

:waitasec: If you go to google map, the car seen in the pic in front of the apt. is on st.landry.. there is a parking lot on google view on your right and yes you can cut through it easy and quick,me and my fiance went threw it yesterday you can see the other street from it which is azeala.. she could continue down azeala to coliseum rd straight to congress to her house. Or she might have been trying to get to johnston there were DUI check points all over that night with cops down johnston. weird noone saw her... it still gets to me.. then look at google from a view.. why would she go this way,if you look on the map.. instead of going to versailles she could have went right down parkside to souvenir gate.. thats a nice neighborhood,big houses, from what i know and its well lit.. she could have taken it straight to cajundome blvd to congress straight home.. its like she went so out of the way.. and the way she choose to go is a bad area at night.. i wonder if she always took this exact route she went missing. I hope some more info comes up and they find her im going crazy thinking about it :please:

Very good questions and concerns shown above.

Nightlife in Lafayette typically ends at 2:00 AM. The bar/venue that Mickey and her friends were at prior to her disappearance (Artmosphere) is a hooka bar where concerts take place. It is very possible that she tagged herself at Artmosphere on facebook or by friends.

Typically on the weekends, most people out driving past 1:00 AM in Lafayette are heading home from the bars (which there are many). What concerns me, however, is that the truck captured taking a left onto W. University from St. Landry is on a direct path to I-10.

And Finally, yes there are many bodies of water surrounding Lafayette, some of which have been searched (Lake Martin), others would simply be like finding a needle in a haystack (Atchafalaya Basin).

Yes, bars closing around that area---and there are a lot of bars around here, especially around the college (McKinley St. area, Jefferson St.) and most people will be on their way home from bars. There are also fast food places that close around and after midnight, so those employees may be traveling from those places. Lafayette isn't a 'big city'--I mean, there are a few places open 24 hours, but they're not all too common....wal-mart, some pharmacies, a few fast food places and grocery stores. After bars close, a few of the 24-hour restaurants get a flood of traffic--Mel's Diner, I-Hop, Waffle House as do the fast-food places that are open late. Other people that may be out and about would be people with a commute to work--offshore workers that may be going to Houma area, maybe people who went to late movies. The large majority of these people would be on the main roads, and St. Landry isn't a main road. If she could have made it to St. Mary and cut over to Johnston, there is a bike lane and much more traffic. :(

Edit to add: They've also been searching the Vermillion River, which runs through many parts of the city, this weekend and have so far turned up nothing. If they were looking for a quick disposal in water, that would have been the place to do it--easy access from so many parts of the city.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I am running behind. Is this possibly Mickey? This is taken after the truck pic.

lol i thought the same thing but no i dont think it is.. on google view (which is from 2009) theres a yellow cross sign on a wooden pole... im almost positive it is.. next time i pass there ill check though

I do recall that case. I think the pond was in an obvious location and had many people who passed by daily, multiple times a day even, and was never spotted. I'm sure there are many other cases as well that I just not aware of.

Could you please transcribe or provide his postings? I perused the FB page for about 30 minutes and came up empty. I am curious as all h#ll. Thanks for the post. I wish more of the board would start focusing on sleuthing potential perps instead of another 10 pages about white trucks.

I just looked again and the name of the poster is a couple letters different- he had arabic writing as his profile pic and the name sounded like it may be foreign as well, so I didn't double check. Think my brain is friend from staring at the pictures of the trucks and cars too long. Guess I was tired. So sorry! I apologize!
Still hope they're checking out any RSOs with white 4 door trucks and any monitoring the FB page and physical search parties/volunteer efforts for an RSO who could be the perp.
Apologies to the person I sleuthed for no reason...

nope, its a sign, look at the photo below

Attachments

• not her sign.jpg
    not her sign.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 50
Here's what I found under Friday's post on the Find Mickey Shunick Now FB page:
This post by the page:Information is flowing all over right now I'd like to remind anyone if you have a hunch or a tip or any information relating to the case PLEASE refrain from posting and call any tips or hints to the tipline at 337-291-8633
And these responses in the comments (disperesed throughout, not all one after the other):
<modsnip>

Just stuck out at me because it's the same last name as the RSO with a 4 door white truck registered to his name from the area and because in my experience, this last name isn't generally one you'd see in Lafayette- it's no Hotard, Dupre, Hebert, Trahan, etc.
I haven't sleuthed the comments on the posts from prior to Friday, but maybe he's commented there as well. Best I can tell, he doesn't have a pic of himself on his FB profile but maybe one in his photos on FB (if that's him and not his friend, there are also pics of his friend and his friend's truck- a white truck BTW but NOT like the one in the Mickey photos).
Again, sorry if it's not okay to post any of this stuff. If so, I apologize and please remove it, mods.

Maybe I am confused, but the link to the RSO you posted (That I originally posted) refers to a man with a last name of HAMDAN, not HASSAN. Are you looking at a different RSO? Thanks.

RSO link: http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=756715&AgencyID=53604

I just looked again and the name of the poster is a couple letters different- he had arabic writing as his profile pic and the name sounded like it may be foreign as well, so I didn't double check. Think my brain is friend from staring at the pictures of the trucks and cars too long. Guess I was tired. So sorry! I apologize!
Still hope they're checking out any RSOs with white 4 door trucks and any monitoring the FB page and physical search parties/volunteer efforts for an RSO who could be the perp.

I don't see any RSO with that last name in Lafayette, La

mickey1circlekarrow.JPG

curb shown here

2 white trucks circlekarrow.JPG

something in front of the curb here

possible 3rd white truck? am i the only one that sees this? maybe i need my glasses, lol!

snipped...

I did not see any posts by someone with the last name "HAMDAN"? I was not referring to the "wheelchair poster" was referring to my RSO mentioned by this poster

:slap: :doh: :blushing:

I apologize, my bad...

NP....thought it was an interesting observation...thanks.

Remember: we are not to sleuth persons who have not been identified
in MSM as being considered by LE a person of interest or a suspect.

In the image of the car approaching the truck (image bumped in post 489 by Woe.be.gone), does it appear the truck is pulled closer to the side of the road as if it were stopped? I'm sorry, I'm on mobile at the moment and the image is too small for me to view very well. If so, I'm really thinking this car may have seen more than they perhaps realize. Hence, an additional reason/need to locate this car, just as others have speculated.

Just got a text, Lafayette police believe they have found her bike!!!!!

READ THIS!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

OMG!!! Just got a text from KATC News that said they have located Mickey's bike near exit 127 on I-10, the Whiskey Bay exit. More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3