LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Versailles and St Landry the one with the 25mph sign in the foreground?

I agree. Her husband is also a POI in her case, although I don't believe he's been charged. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't followed Karen's case super closely.

NOT true >> Karen's DH has never been labelled a POI. (but based on recent autopsy reports LE say they are confident they will make an arrest...]

http://www.examiner.com/article/get-a-digital-posse
I would caution people to not get worked up on boogeyman theories where there is no known connection, it detracts from the individual cases. People like the man in that article, or the private investigator who keeps using absconded sex offenders and numerology to support unfounded truths are dangerous. If you look at these cases individually, besides being petite young women with blond hair, there is nothing to link any of them together. All of these cases have completely different sets of POI and different circumstances of their disappearance.
As an example, I could say that because Mickey and Holly both had a love for horses, that the person responsible for their disappearances must also like horses. Or because several of the women on that list had visited a bar the night they disappeared, it must be a ladies man abducting them. I can try to tie them together any way I would like, but that does not mean there is a connection. In fact, Karen Swift and Holly Bobo did not live that far from each other, but LE has already suggested that there is no connection.
We need to remember that just because a case is not solved, doesn't mean LE does not know what happened, they still need evidence and if there was any chance these cases were ALL connected and LE could not put that together, then we are all in serious trouble.

Wasn't there another case here where a man had gone missing and one of our members traced his drive home. They saw an antenna sticking out of a frozen pond and he was found to have crashed his car and drowned.

Mickey is last seen on video at 1:48 am. Are there any more cameras along the path she was traveling that would have captured her as she rode along?

Reading this am's paper in Baton Rouge:
Mickey arrived Artmosphere 10:13 pm (was she alone on arrival?)
Mickey left Artmosphere 12:44am (was she alone when she left?)
Mickey and Brettly at Taco Bell 1:24 am via Brettly's car.
Mickey received as call at 1:31 (while at the Taco Bell?)
Mickey is first seen on video on her bike at 1:47 (after leaving Brettly's)

This seems like a very very tight timeline. In the car at Taco Bell at 1:24, then on her bike on her way home at 1:45 and first seen on camera at 1:47. Mickey returned from Taco Bell, ate her food either in the car or at Brettly's and was on the way him within 21 minutes. Was it reported that Mickey received a text msg before she left Brettly's to head home? Was there something in that text message that caused Micky a sense of urgency to head out so fast?

In regards the Tennessee cases referenced above - I'm just praying Louisiana LE has more on the ball than does TBI. The Bobo case in particular has been an example of how not to handle a kidnapping case in 2012 - no press releases since six days after Holly went missing, over 400 days ago now, no LE presence in social media for the case, a large reward offered to no effect whatsoever. LE needs to be proactive in the 21st century and engage with the public. I hope that's what will happen here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/get-a-digital-posse
I would caution people to not get worked up on boogeyman theories where there is no known connection, it detracts from the individual cases. People like the man in that article, or the private investigator who keeps using absconded sex offenders and numerology to support unfounded truths are dangerous. If you look at these cases individually, besides being petite young women with blond hair, there is nothing to link any of them together. All of these cases have completely different sets of POI and different circumstances of their disappearance.
As an example, I could say that because Mickey and Holly both had a love for horses, that the person responsible for their disappearances must also like horses. Or because several of the women on that list had visited a bar the night they disappeared, it must be a ladies man abducting them. I can try to tie them together any way I would like, but that does not mean there is a connection. In fact, Karen Swift and Holly Bobo did not live that far from each other, but LE has already suggested that there is no connection.
We need to remember that just because a case is not solved, doesn't mean LE does not know what happened, they still need evidence and if there was any chance these cases were ALL connected and LE could not put that together, then we are all in serious trouble.

I think the idea is worth considering - along with any other possibilities since there aren't many and as we are being made more and more aware. Also sipped..."one of the most lucrative markets in the world is the abduction of Caucasian blond haired girls along with girls of all races creeds and cultures. There is an epidemic of abducted young women in the Midwest"...

He merely uses this list as his example - remove who you choose from the list - i'm certain there are others that could be added - it's a matter of perception.

[Not to mention police abduction training on a computer race to the border says a lot]

Where are you Mickey?

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but in the 2 photos at Circle K with no time stamp, how do we know the sequence is not the other way around as in it passed in the opposite direction to her first and then turned around and followed her? Which would mean if it was that truck, it could have picked her up further along her route.

I would speculate that in the surveillance photos the one with White Truck in left-hand turning lane (onto University northbound) is LATER because of the activity at the Circle K pumps in the background. The customer in the lighter car (sedan) is parked at the pumps but is maybe? running inside to pay first before he is able to fill up?

If it is the same White Truck and all of these photos were taken within minutes then presumably the Circle K patron with the lighter sedan would be in both shots -- assuming he'd be parked for at least 4-5 minutes to pay and then pump. Just my guess.

LE will already have a handle on all the time sequences and I'm sure will be using the most precise technology possible to track down the plate #s and drivers.

Wasn't there another case here where a man had gone missing and one of our members traced his drive home. They saw an antenna sticking out of a frozen pond and he was found to have crashed his car and drowned.

I do recall that case. I think the pond was in an obvious location and had many people who passed by daily, multiple times a day even, and was never spotted. I'm sure there are many other cases as well that I just not aware of.

NOT true >> Karen's DH has never been labelled a POI. (but based on recent autopsy reports LE say they are confident they will make an arrest...]

OK. I stand corrected. I may be thinking of another case. :blushing:

In regards the Tennessee cases referenced above - I'm just praying Louisiana LE has more on the ball than does TBI. The Bobo case in particular has been an example of how not to handle a kidnapping case in 2012 - no press releases since six days after Holly went missing, over 400 days ago now, no LE presence in social media for the case, a large reward offered to no effect whatsoever. LE needs to be proactive in the 21st century and engage with the public. I hope that's what will happen here.

What date was the first presser for Mickey? was it Friday May 25th?

Was it the only presser so far?

OK. I stand corrected. I may be thinking of another case. :blushing:

I understand thinking that since he has been through plenty in the court of public opinion.

IMHO it's human nature to raise an eyebrow towards a spouse / significant other, the last to have seen the missing and also - lets not forget - an X-anything.
Tho not in any particular order these, are all a natural course of thought.

BW made the comment in a video about the text, and MSM never picked it up in the article. Pretty early on in the investigation. IIRC

I'd think whoever texted Mickey at that time would come forward or LE would be looking for them. That is, unless they don't want to be found.

Thanks for this post. I can't even find any significant news articles about these two young ladies.
WS threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173738"]LA - Lexy Jones, 16, Lafayette; 30 March 2012[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173737"]LA - Tanya Lynn Thibodeaux, 16, Lafayette; 21 April 2012[/ame]

I believe the text Mickey received is connected to her disappearance. What kind of phone did she have? Does anyone know?

Here's two other recent cases of missing girls from Lafayette, La:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1192310&seqNum=1
http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Both are 5'1 & 5'2. I wonder if perhaps they've been abducted and aren't runaways?

Certainly makes you wonder. However, we also don't know if either one of these girls shown on the Missing Kids website had previous instances of running away. If so, they could very well have chosen to disappear. If you look at the dates these girls went missing, they are all about 3-4 weeks apart. First one went missing on March 30, the second one on April 21 and then Mickey on May 19.

My husband has been in the oil/gas exploration business all of his life. He has worked offshore out of Lousiana more times than I can count. If the 3 cases referenced here are somehow connected, it makes me think about someone who might possibly work offshore. They generally have a rotation schedule, which can be anywhere from 14-21 days (or even 30 days) on and then 10-14 days off. They might be a local, but there's a greater chance that they live elsewhere and are just "passing through" on their way to wherever they live. Just a possibility; thinking out loud. Trying to think of all angles and avenues since we don't have a whole lot to go on. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth