LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the pain Mickey's family is experiencing now! God help them!

KATC TV3 ‏@KATCTV3
Newest update: Police asking public to stay away from Exit 127 so law enforcement officials can search the area...

Thanks. Must have missed that in all of the reading I have been doing. Also, I would hope if they are doing that, that they would release what they have come up with.

Yeah the FBI has been on the case since Sunday or Monday. This is what puzzles me. They are coordinating the investigation and evidence is released at the FBI's discretion. We could be dealing with a nation-wide suspect.

Meaning... a perp worth his salt, with a boat, would have dumped the bike in the water.

Sooo... assuming the bike has been there since the night of the abduction..I see a hurried exit from Lafayette, a pullover 25 minutes later at dark Whiskey-Bay exit to sort things out (maybe secure Mickey better) and a hurried run into the bushes with the bike, and then peel out down I-10 heading east, with Mickey, w/o the bike.

OR, Mickey held somewhere and the bike disposed of... but why? If she's held somewhere, why not keep the bike?

Again, if they had a boat, the bike would be in the water and not found. So..... this looks like "dump the bike and split."

Crucial is going to be whether the police had already searched the area and not found the bike. The timing of the bike's appearance is critical.

What I don't want to think about it if Mickey and the bike were left there at the same time.

That makes sense. Being an interstate exit, he could have gotten back and head west, as well. Those traffic cams are going to be critical - if they can zoom in.

http://lafayettemugshots.com/mug/rickey-w-huval

*Please ignore/delete if previously posted and discussed.

Arrested 5/18 for soliciting prostitutes. I would assume this act was not consummated and he was probably given a ticket and released? "Free" on 5/19? Still had a "need"?

Questions to the Locals:

1. Where are the "known" prostitute areas?
2. Was MS biking through any of these "areas"?

Closer to Cameron St....Cameron and University is considered "Four Corners" and known for being a prostitution area. Also Cameron near Eraste Landry, from what I've heard. She wasn't in those areas.

I'm going to go do some work outside... right now, all we can do is be like the 7-year-old soccer player and hang on the outside of the gang of kids all kicking the ball, watching and waiting for it to squirt out. Once LEOs finish the initial search of WB and ask for local help in the area, a bunch of us are there with our boats.

I am going to stay in left field here,

Prairieville, LA is just south of Baton Rouge, off I10

this is where there was significant tornado damage, here is a youtube someone took of some of the damage posted Mar 22, 2012, count the number of extended cab white trucks you see in this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58a99llPBao"]Prairieville, LA tornado damage - YouTube[/ame]

following my hunch, they dump the bike in the last stretch of isolated terrain before coming into Baton Rouge. why dump the bike? because metal objects wont go through the tree shredder, i know this is morbid and something out of Fargo, but wanted to throw this angle out there.

So sad that this is her bike, so sad!
Again it looks like a case where the rule-of-three applies...where a person is take at one place, evidence disposed of at another, and the victim yet at a third...
Case is similar in that way to the Sierra Lamar case where the perp followed this rule, yet just like here, didn't seem to care/realize their vehicle would be spotted on surveillance cameras..

Although I think the profiling would be good, I'd caution anyone not to take everything profilers say as gospel. We were told by profilers and believed for a long time that the Baton Rouge serial killer was a white man when Derrick Todd Lee was black. I have often wondered if some of his later victims weren't alarmed by him at first (answering their doors to him or letting him start a conversation with them, etc before he forced his way in their homes or whatever) because we were all convinced for so long it was a white guy.

Yeah the FBI has been on the case since Sunday or Monday. This is what puzzles me. They are coordinating the investigation and evidence is released at the FBI's discretion. We could be dealing with a nation-wide suspect.

A possibility, but not necessarily. The FBI can come in early for many reasons, from what I understand. I know that in the Lauren Giddings case (Macon, Ga, June 2011) the FBI became involved the first day. There was lots of speculation as to why. One reason given (not sure how accurate it is) is that the crime occurred close to a college campus. Could be a similar reason here, if so.

following my hunch, they dump the bike in the last stretch of isolated terrain before coming into Baton Rouge. why dump the bike? because metal objects wont go through the tree shredder, i know this is morbid and something out of Fargo, but wanted to throw this angle out to there.

(Thud.)

"Bring the smelling salts, wfgodot just fainted!"

I'm not ready to think like that, esp. as family may be reading. She may well be being held, and has a chance.

Alligators, snakes...a lot of swamp wildlife.

And it's a boat access point to get into the Basin, so there are generally people down there daily. Not knowing exactly where the bike was situated, it's hard to say if it would have been seen during the last week, but because it wasn't, I'm leaning towards it being dumped later as a diversion.

The same psychic who was so insistent about someone holding Mikey out in the boonies, also kept saying she saw a boat ramp.

The same psychic who was so insistent about someone holding Mikey out in the boonies, also kept saying she saw a boat ramp.

If I've got a place out in the Basin and going to take someone there, I throw the boat over the side on the way... NOT on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove