LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why does the government of Louisiana allow it to be a dumping ground? Why not put a security guard there to make sure fisherman aren't going there to dump bodies out of their boats?"

This is in jest right? So anywhere a body could be dumped without being seen should have gov security? How big do you like your .gov?

Am I the only one that believes that BW is involved? I felt it from the beginning, and nothing to date has changed my mind.

I don't buy the Taco Bell story. It is halfway to her house. Why go all the way down there and return to BW's house? Why does he speak of her in past tense in his interviews. How ironic that his phone was dead that night.

Sorry, I don't buy his story!

I agree he seems suspicious but he appears to have been cleared of everything. There is a TB halfway to her home but they went to the one on St. Mary which is the other direction. Unless he was in collaboration with someone else and was able to fool LE and the LDT, I do not believe he could have been involved.

He is histrionic and talks in hyperbole. Annoying, yes... but guilty of something, not not likely given what we know.

I did have it occur to me last night that due to the lack of any signs of a struggle along Mickey's probable paths (nothing dropped, i.e. phone, mace, an earring, etc...) that this could be someone in authority or uniform who stopped her, told her that someone was loose in the area, a danger to her, for example and offered her a ride home. I know the idea of an off-duty officer or someone posing as one comes up from time to time in other cases; do the locals know if LE there keeps their vehicles when they go home from their shifts? Where I live they used to, but not anymore, due to budgets, so you sometimes see LE in uniform driving their regular cars.

JMO

Am I the only one that believes that BW is involved? I felt it from the beginning, and nothing to date has changed my mind.

I don't buy the Taco Bell story. It is halfway to her house. Why go all the way down there and return to BW's house? Why does he speak of her in past tense in his interviews. How ironic that his phone was dead that night.

Sorry, I don't buy his story!

I was very skeptical and suspicious of him too. But they do have video of BW and Mickey at the Taco Bell that night. So he was telling the truth about that. And they do have video of her riding her bike after leaving his house. So that confirms his story also.

Oh, and :welcome: to W.S.

Good morning, ya'll. Some thoughts:

- I think we can infer from Mickey's mom's interview where she says she believes she was accidentally hit and the fact her mom & family has seen the bike that it's pretty safe to say her bike was hit by a car. Best case scenario, it was an accident and some still has her- he/she just needs to be convinced to drop her off somewhere. Worst case scenario - I've posted before - someone purposely bumped/hit her bike and took her and bike as an abduction for nefarious reasons. Neither are good situations, but I'd pray it's the first one if I was Mickey's mom and if it looked like the worst case scenario, I might put out in the media that I believed it was an accident to convince whoever took her to drop her off. Unfortunately, I believe the worst case scenario is more likely- intentional bump/hit and abduction of Mickey and her bike.

I've thought maybe someone clipped her on purpose. Could have been quiet if they nudged a tire or something. Seems like the easiest way to grab her would be to get her off the bike first.

As BW has never been named as a person of interest or a suspect in MSM, we are NOT to sleuth him, nor discuss any aspect or scenario in which he "might" be involved.

One last thing... I'm going to do some PhotoShop work on the "Caddy." One thing that makes it difficult to identify is that if you looks carefully, there is a distorting, "fisheye" effect from the camera. The car's bent. Look at the building in back.
Could that be why some posters thought the wheels looked turned, rather than pointed straight? Just a thought.

I don't understand why Whiskey Bay isn't more secure given it's past. Why does the government of Louisiana allow it to be a dumping ground? Why not put a security guard there to make sure fishermen aren't going there to dump bodies out of their boats? For some reason I imagine it as this swampy landfill of sorts...you go fishing there and you reel in someone's 1980's toaster oven?

-----

I think someone she knew gave her a ride. This would explain why no scream or noises were heard by neighbors in the area (at least none have been reported yet). If it was an accident I'm sure the people in the area would of heard something unless their all criminals in the area, and don't want to come forward because they hate cops. When it's that late, and everything is whisper quiet, you could hear things a block or more away in most cases. Also do Louisiana folk often leave their windows open at night this time of year? or is too hot/humid?

No, too hot and humid to leave windows open. I would assume that someone had to have heard something, and I originally thought it had to be someone she knew--even if they didn't offer her a ride, it was someone she felt comfortable with until things suddenly took a turn for the worst. But after thinking about it more, I think someone clipped her on her bike, she wasn't wearing a helmet and could have hit her head and been knocked out or disoriented. The mom's statement about an accident leads me to believe her bike was damaged like she was hit. I think it was not accidental, because of the timing of everything and the fact that they haven't found a trace of her. If that's the case, the car had to have seen something. I don't know (I don't think, though) if the car is involved, but the car may be afraid to come forward if they saw something and didn't report it, or perhaps they have a reason such as they don't like cops.

As far as Whiskey Bay, it's not like everyone dumps trash into the water. People do dump things on the land in the area, but it's nowhere near a landfill. It's an entry point to the basin to go fishing, and people litter there when coming in and out--not something that needs patrolling, it's not as if they're dumping a body out there every other week.

I'm still bothered by the fact that the bike was only found now. The whole Whiskey Bay boat ramp area should have been searched immediately. I feel like we lost time there. Unless, of course, the bike was dropped later. LE hasn't released that info yet.... was it dropped the night of the abduction, or AFTER a search had already taken place?

I would hope the area had already been searched. Since it is a fishing/boat ramp area, I'd think someone may be out there on a daily basis and might have spotted the bike earlier if it was there, that is if they passed the site where it was located. Dunno!

I did have it occur to me last night that due to the lack of any signs of a struggle along Mickey's probable paths (nothing dropped, i.e. phone, mace, an earring, etc...) that this could be someone in authority or uniform who stopped her, told her that someone was loose in the area, a danger to her, for example and offered her a ride home. I know the idea of an off-duty officer or someone posing as one comes up from time to time in other cases; do the locals know if LE there keeps their vehicles when they go home from their shifts? Where I live they used to, but not anymore, due to budgets, so you sometimes see LE in uniform driving their regular cars.

JMO

I'm pretty sure they bring their cars home--there are several officers in my neighborhood and their patrol cars are parked in their yard when not working.

I agree he seems suspicious but he appears to have been cleared of everything. There is a TB halfway to her home but they went to the one on St. Mary which is the other direction. Unless he was in collaboration with someone else and was able to fool LE and the LDT, I do not believe he could have been involved.

He is histrionic and talks in hyperbole. Annoying, yes... but guilty of something, not not likely given what we know.

His initial appearances were reminiscent of the "Leave Britney Alone!" video, but if LE has thoroughly cleared him, I accept that.

"Why does the government of Louisiana allow it to be a dumping ground? Why not put a security guard there to make sure fisherman aren't going there to dump bodies out of their boats?"

This is in jest right? So anywhere a body could be dumped without being seen should have gov security? How big do you like your .gov?

The idea is actually not far fetched or unreasonable. There IS a security guard almost around the clock, parked under the overpass of the Butte Larose rest stop/exit. And that rest stop is well lit & open, so there's even LESS of a need there. Clearly the lack of security, lighting, safety precautions has drawn someone with bad intentions there, more than once.

MOST people think nothing will happen to them. Not just the young.

Her poor friend will probably be beating himself up over this forever. I think it's somewhat heartless to say he shouldn't have "let" her go. It wasn't his decision. JMO

Heartless no.
I for one would not let a friend of mine ride a bike home alone that time or the night....Sorry.
Take her home and if your a guy ride with her! Have her stay the night!
Hellooooooooooooo dont send her out alone.

Called common sense!

It's always easy to criticize people we don't know after the fact.

Heartless no.
I for one would not let a friend of mine ride a bike home alone that time or the night....Sorry.

Called common sense!

Just because it's not something you would do doesn't mean it's not something that happens every day without any negative consequences. This is getting really close to victim-blaming, which is not good. Energy should be focused towards finding Mickey and bringing her home, not blaming MS or BW for something that an unknown perp is responsible for.

People in posts here make it seem like this creepy bad deserted place that only criminals, people with car trouble, or fishermen/boaters tend to get off at. Perhaps more security there wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Heartless no.

Called common sense!

I don't think it's fair to put the blame on BW or try to accuse him after evidence has verified his story. And this is coming from someone who was very suspicious of him at first. But no matter how "bad" we think her decision was, it was still Mickey's decision to ride off at 2 AM, and I don't think we should blame either her or her friend for what happened.

People in posts here make it seem like this creepy bad deserted place that only criminals, people with car trouble, or fishermen/boaters tend to get off at. Perhaps more security there wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Police routinely patrol the bridge for speeders and other suspicious activity. Not so much in the middle of the night, though. What you have to understand is that there is absolutely nothing here except a boat ramp...it would be a waste of resources to have an officer parked in a car 24/7 at this exit on the off chance that someone may be doing something illegal there.

I've thought maybe someone clipped her on purpose. Could have been quiet if they nudged a tire or something. Seems like the easiest way to grab her would be to get her off the bike first.

I agree! Been thinking about taking her that way since the beginning:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7962346&highlight=mickey+shunick#post7962346

I believe if she was taken while riding it would require two or more thugs, one to keep her subdued while the other(s) grabbed her bike and anything that fell off it or her... that seems very planned and done.
If done like that, then rule of three seem to apply; abduct her at one location, discard her thing at another, and sadly leave her at a third... So where's her bike? Thrown off a bridge? Would remove DNA, but might still be paint on it if they hit her to knock
her down... if they are local, then bike is around somewhere...
hidden in carnival stuff?

Well, some of my early thoughts were wrong, and now I also wonder if it was one or was it two thugs.... If just one, he would have had to hit her bike hard enough to incapacitate her..

I still see this a rule-of-three crime, where instinctively perps will abduct from one place, discard incriminating things at another, and most sadly hide a body at a third.

That the perps didn't care about or think about security cams shows that it crime was likely done spur-of-the-moment; seeing an attractive gal who looked easy to grab - he(they) acted upon without much though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966