LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your support. I did explain in front of a police officer and another woman who had my name on a LIST (yes they made of list of people they did not want back; I was not the only one). If it were me, I would be horrified that someone would turn anyone away looking for me. as I cry because I already feel insignificant in this world. I gave a woman my phone number and asked if things changed to please call me; and I gave her my LA chip bag with my GEAR (flashlights, notepads, etc). I think they probably thought people were stealing things; who knows. But I searched for 4 days straight from sunday at Ryan street to until I was told this weekend not to come back; I literally and figuratively ran out of gas doing it. I am a student and have tests to take by december but I am on my own schedule. I am one of 3 children like Mickey; two girls and a boy. I cannot imagine if I would lose my sister this way or if my family in Lafayette would lose me this way. My family certainly would not turn anyone away looking for me. I hope it all has to do with 9usd and that is it. nothing more. I cannot imagine what else there would be. I spent 20 years trying to come back here and my grandmother was the last to speak cajun french in our family; so I am astounded and upset by any negative reaction from this community. maybe no one knows me because I have been away fro 20 plus years.??

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, I haven't been able to read through the entire thread, but, when looking at the surveillance photos I know that people have come up with make and model of two out of the three vehicles. The third, another truck, looks to me like a GMC Dually crew cab. If you look at the rear of the truck it appears to be slightly wider than the front, making room for 4 tires on the rear axle. Plus the rear fenders seem flared. Looking at the front of the truck the headlights and grille area are more rounded, GMC uses a rounded grille as opposed to Chevrolet. Plus the white color, white is more popular with GM vehicles. Dodge and Ford don't seem to use that color in their trucks. It's hard to explain, but when you're around vehicles a lot you tend to recognize features even in grainy or unfocused pictures. Just throwing my thoughts out there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The caddy would not be able to turn left for a while; probably two blocks after he got past an old deserted hospital (LOURDES). He could turn right immediately onto a street between the govt building and the medical offices; and it is deserted with a coulee back there. NOT SAFE AT ALL. The next spot would be past the medical office, the caddy could turn right into a pretty nice neighborhood (there are elementary schools there though). He could turn right even further up at Martin and Castille funeral home. Despite the area being desolate at night; it is very well lit on the st landry street all the way down to where she 1. either would have turned on st mary or 2. would have gone straight to coliseum blvd. It is turning to the right into those deserted neighborhoods that gets very eery. In my humble opinion, the area is filled with laborers who "made it off the farms ' to the big city. I only say this because I have farmers in my family and my side is the university educated; but I go to the country and ride horses all the time.

It mostly bothers me because I was asked not to come back in front of the church my parents were married in and I was baptized in. I know it has nothing to do with the church; and it has everything to do with the transfer of the organization from Ryan to the church and its reorganization. BUT still; now I have a bad interaction in my experience in front of the church I care most about in the world. I am a bit buddhist and believe in positivity and wellbeing for everyone; it just seems so insensitive of people to exclude people who either were unaware of new organizational issues or mad about 9usd. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Africa for Gods sake and people got mad about money all the time; assuming I was the one with it. makes me feel like that is going on in acadiana too for god's sake. Sometimes I just want everyone to give live on another currency besides a usd somewhere for 2 years! enough vent..sorry.

Thank you. I am a med student who has done one rotation in Forensic psychiatry; these people are crazy. People who are going to trial will not tell you anything. people who have been to trial will tell you everything. I am one of 3 children like Mickey; 2 girls and a boy also. I am petrified about this. I do not feel safe now. I go to a dentist on st Landry right where Mickey disappeared. I have done rotations in the old Lourdes hospital when it was still functional. I do not think this was random because if it was; I think more crimes would have been committed in the area by people who also know who lives and works around there. I think she was followed.

Last thursday we went to a remote area ( I was told I-10 and whiskey bay bridge) at night; searching with about 10 people - 4 vehicles between us. This was when everyone was still driving their own vehicles and I was in a frenzy from the last few days of searching that I did not even realize I did not have gas until we were on the road. In my car was a woman named Donna and her son; I do not think she was working because she did not complain about going late at night like others were. She may even have been disabled living on set income. I decided to rest the next day. Then two days later went back out when the search was located to church. Then took another day off. Then I came back and when I registered I was asked not to come back. I was on a a LIST. awful feeling. I offered right then to give 10usd to someone to give to Donna but she refused. I think their objective was to make me feel bad. They did.

I left a facebook message for Charlie. I also do not feel safe without cellp hone; in fact I called verizon today because I am sure I have a phone like MS (an LG's) older model that may not be able to be PINGED. and if I am mugged I want to be pinged!

The caddy looks like it is moving; but I cannot tell if the white truck is moving or not. I bicycled all over Africa by myself and only started driving a car after college. I also would prefer to ride my bike; but I know I am not safe on it at night. I do not see the 'blinking lights' everyone keeps mentioning. are they MS reflectors on the wheels or her handlebars? would bells and whistles on a bike have prevented this?
1. a bike bell or whistle?
2. reflector vest?
3. lights on pedals?
4. handlebar lights?

what could she have done as a cyclist to prevent this? I am a cyclist and need to take a prevention course.

Thank you for your support. I did explain in front of a police officer and another woman who had my name on a LIST (yes they made of list of people they did not want back; I was not the only one). If it were me, I would be horrified that someone would turn anyone away looking for me. as I cry because I already feel insignificant in this world. I gave a woman my phone number and asked if things changed to please call me; and I gave her my LA chip bag with my GEAR (flashlights, notepads, etc). I think they probably thought people were stealing things; who knows. But I searched for 4 days straight from sunday at Ryan street to until I was told this weekend not to come back; I literally and figuratively ran out of gas doing it. I am a student and have tests to take by december but I am on my own schedule. I am one of 3 children like Mickey; two girls and a boy. I cannot imagine if I would lose my sister this way or if my family in Lafayette would lose me this way. My family certainly would not turn anyone away looking for me. I hope it all has to do with 9usd and that is it. nothing more. I cannot imagine what else there would be. I spent 20 years trying to come back here and my grandmother was the last to speak cajun french in our family; so I am astounded and upset by any negative reaction from this community. maybe no one knows me because I have been away fro 20 plus years.??

They may have just wanted more corn chips for themselves. You're still doing what you can to help, so it's all good.

I hate to say it but those apts are not a desirable location and I see a lot of 'transients' in and out of them. The caddy could very well live there; Socioeconomic status fits in.

The caddy looks like it is moving; but I cannot tell if the white truck is moving or not. I bicycled all over Africa by myself and only started driving a car after college. I also would prefer to ride my bike; but I know I am not safe on it at night. I do not see the 'blinking lights' everyone keeps mentioning. are they MS reflectors on the wheels or her handlebars? would bells and whistles on a bike have prevented this?
1. a bike bell or whistle?
2. reflector vest?
3. lights on pedals?
4. handlebar lights?

what could she have done as a cyclist to prevent this? I am a cyclist and need to take a prevention course.

Not being out riding a bike at 2 am would've been the best prevention. I'm a fit male and wouldn't want to be riding a bike through there at 2 am on Saturday morning. I'm not a gun nut, but if I was riding in the middle of the night through there, I'd be very apprehensive and possibly scared without a Glock.

I am of the opinion that she got further down the street away from the security cameras and that the crime did not happen around the area of st landry where she was seen on her bike. does anyone else agree with me?

I think that is very possible. She was going to the end of St Landry which is desolate; there is a field and she has to get on coliseum drive and go left for half a mile and then go right to get on the bike path. There is a horticulture center back there and it is quite; old buildings. I think something happened further down st landry in the field; someone waiting on the corner. For that reason I do not believe the Caddy saw anything happen. If the white truck is involved he seems to be going slower (kind of assessing the caddy and his predicament); if not stopped. Why would anyone hide with her in town as a captive? I just do not think what happened to Elizabeth Smart or JC Dugard is very common. unfortunately..

But if it is a local wanting attention he is getting it. My car was tboned in NYC and there 3 witnesses. They all ran away. It is possible these witnesses in this area may be illegal immigrants too and want to run; that is why IES was called in. There is a big population here.

I think maybe none of these cars are involved and something happened further up st landry where there are no cameras. That is my hunch.

I agree very strongly that this is what could have happened. shivering...with tears...close by this area.

If some are speculating this was an unusual route and she may have been spooked, wouldn't she have stopped at the gas station to ask for help? Also, she had her cellphone. Unless the battery was dead, one would think she would call her parents or friends (??)

How do you know that? Is there a picture of the Caddy in front of the graveyard? I am writing from nearby this graveyard!

I think the theory that she met up with someone else for whatever reason makes a lot of sense.

It would explain the bike mystery. If it was a stranger in a truck or car, I don't think they would take her bike. She would be snatched and her bike left wherever she was taken, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06