LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would even go so far as to say that even though her and be may not be in a relationship doesn't mean that she has no romantic life at all. Bws feelings for her are obvious and in order to spare his feelings it might be a secret kept from him.

When I first started reading I read not drinking and feeling sick...I immediately thought pregnant! I then read she drank the night before so I thought nevermind.

When I was I.high-school I knew of two girls who ran away for an abortion. One completed her mission. The other ran into trouble trying to make a purchase with daddy's stolen credit card. She had a baby instead

Wish Mickey's situation were so simple. I have kids of my own now. And I get annoyed sometimes. Feel that housewifery is not my thang. This certainly puts things into perspective........I want them to do their best a.d be their best but if they make mistakes so what. Ill fuss and scold them. But when my head hits that pillow I make it a point to thank sweet baby Jesus that they are home alive healthy.

Also I think bw at first wanted to be Superman.....ill save you. He was being strong not blinking like a robot showing no emotion. People started speculating he was batting for the pink team.......he probably has to act like a hard *** to compensate. I think in the back of his mind this would end with Mickey coming home and being in love with him for taking such initiative and "saving or rescuing" her........and I think he has become less and less robotic and more and more emotional as he doubts more and more that it will turn out how he wants.

I feel for him and the whole family because I don't know how anyone could ever move forward.

I hate to sound insensitive but I think that the publicity and media attention that this case gets has a lot to do with $$$$. And it is not that I see anything wrong with the spread of info......I think there is something wrong with the fact that every single missing person does not get this much media attention. If every single person who went missing caused this big of a response do you think that its all Wed ever hear about? Do you think they'd have to make the news an hour longer? NO! IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS MORE PERPETRATORS WOULD GET CAUGHT. MORE VICTIMS WOULD LIVE TO SPREAD MORE AWARENESS AND IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS.....IF ONLY EVERY SINGLE ONE GOT THIS MUCH ATTENTION!!!! just my opinion though. I hope she comes home. I hope she lives to tell the tale. I hope that instead of them losing their sister /daughter /best friend we all gained one.

not necessarily with you on everything in your post, but sure there on the part I bolded

Remember if it had any signs of body work on the right rear? Think hard now, chicken fried ...!

Don't make my brain explode.

That's a maybe. I remember seeing it a few times, and maybe the last time I remember thinking, damn, he got in a wreck.. and the picture in my mind IS the right quarter.

I don't want to think too much about it because it'll queer the memory. But the picture of that green Olds popped into my head AFTER we just looked at the rear side-marker light.

I have seen a green car like this, and I think the last time I saw it it had body work. I think I remember thinking, "what a shame, it was nice!"

I have a different take. It's not about money - it's about the strong network of friends and family a nice person can have, and a nice town that goes to bat for them and works so hard it goes viral.

The more people love you, the harder they try/

To an extent, that is true. But we have had parents of missing teens, etc. who have come here begging for help as they have tried and failed to get media attention...it is not always easy, no matter how many people are missing the victim or how badly they want him or her found. There is one 17-year old girl who is now missing, and getting almost no press, and her family has really been trying from the start, just one example. JMO (Kayla Chadwick.)

Here's what makes sense to me about the phone getting shut off that night/early the next morning. She had a backpack with her. I'm sure that the perp went through her stuff, got her ID, any credit cards, cash, cell phone and pulled the battery out. Paranoia I'd suspect. Or he heard the phone ring and it started mania in his head. Dump the bike, lose the backpack, throw it in some random water drain or where ever. I know there are old coonasses that go to Whiskey Bay everyday. They are old and fishing is their life. That bike was not dumped the same night she was snatched. It was done late Friday night/early Saturday morning my best guess

I meant, it wouldn't have sat for a week without someone noticing it. Even if the grass was tall, there is no way a week passed without someone noticing that bike. It was put there shortly before getting discovered.

And yes, it's a black dude. I think he was in his 20s, maybe early 30s at most.

I've seen that Olds around town for the last three years. The full picture just came into my head. I remember staring at it at a stoplight on Hwy 90. because it was the only one like it in town.

It's medium green. not light - not dark.

I just called the tip line again.

If I just called in the wrong 98, then at least when they find the guy, he'll probably know if there's another one in town. I definitely have seen a medium-green early'80s Olds 98 with a white vinyl top in town here.

:dance: This is waaaay cool to watch unfold. My hubby loves cars, so I have emailed him a few of your posts. Until recently, I was driving a 1976 Mercury Marquis, cherry red with white leather seats. So sweet.

Great job sleuthing the VOIs!

Gotta get some sleep folks. Some fine work done here tonight, IMO -- praying it helps find Mickey. 'night all.

:dance: This is waaaay cool to watch unfold. My hubby loves cars, so I have emailed him a few of your posts. Until recently, I was driving a 1976 Mercury Marquis, cherry red with white leather seats. So sweet.

Great job sleuthing the VOIs!

Just glad there's a community of concerned, smart people here who offer constructive criticism, to help sharpen the inquiry!

That Marquis was a smooth ride, I bet.

I often walk along University across the two streets Mickey crossed; never going past the medical offices on the right of where she was last seen on St Landry. I do have a LG phone equipped with video and could go down the route and take video. That is a good idea. But I have never posted video on youtube. It would be a first for me.

Hey Backwoods, thanks for reminding us to take another look at the second, blurry car photo. As bad as it is, the one good thing on it, the rear-marker light, IDed the car!

:)

:seeya: Thanks to all for the Birthday Wishes.

You only turn 60 on Memorial Day once!

:please: for Mickey and her family.

G'nite

I have a different take. It's not about money - it's about the strong network of friends and family a nice person can have, and a nice town that goes to bat for them and works so hard it goes viral.

The more people love you, the harder they try/
I understand what you are saying and I know there are adults who engage in high risk behavior like just for example in cases of human trafficking being involved in drugs and prostitution and how sucking at life makes you a likely runaway.....and Mickey doesn't seem like she's ever smoked a cigarette.....but as for all the children who are missing or exploited? Go to Walmart and look at that bulletin board.......there's at least 20 pictures of missing children. You think each one of those got the attention this case is getting?

And it is not wrong on the part of Mickey's family and friends or anyone! But those kids are just as innocent as Mickey and didn't do a darned thing to be high risk or any of that! They are just as valuable. And the point is IF ALL THIS EFFORT WAS PUT INTO EVERY SINGLE MISSING PERSON CASE OR MUSSING CHILD CASE IT SIMPlY WOULD NOT HAPPEN AS MUCH BECAUSE I THINK PEOPLE WOULD THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE THEY KIDNAP A CHILD OR ABDUCT SOMEONE! THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN IF IT HAPPENED EVERY SINGLE TIME!

AND IT SHOULD!

YOU SEE, I HAVE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT MICKEY! NEVER MET HER BUT I HOPE I DO! SHES A STRANGER TO ME. BUT- KARMA COMES BACK AROUND SO IF MY CHILD IS ABDUCTED I KNOW THAT THE SAME THING SHOULD HAPPEN! THIS SOCIAL MEDIA PHENOMENON.....SHOULD HAPPEN EVERY SINGLE TIME.....so that one day we go to Walmart and there are only five or ten of those pictures, not the 20 or 30 that I saw today.

That Google map of Mickey’s route really puts things into perspective. I can only imagine what the non locals are going through on this thread, having to work out and keep up with all these streets that are brought up in this case. A very special thanks are definitely in order for Circa for drawing it up for us. If you aren’t a local, it should really help you to see the layout of the section of town where Mickey was riding that night.

With that stated, allow me to say that as a lifetime resident of Lafayette, in my opinion, the route she chose that night (considering the report that she was apparently tired and wanted to get home somewhat swiftly) was absolutely ridiculous. It’s completely baffling and even though I thought it from day one, I hadn’t spoken upon the issue in this forum until now. After viewing Circa’s map of the route a minute ago, I had to post and just say how utterly weird of a choice the route she took was (if, indeed, she was actually going home). I’m willing to bet anything that anyone, local or foreign to Lafayette, when given a map of Lafayette and the starting point and alleged ending point for Mickey’s trip, when queried, would certainly suggest taking a right onto Parkside, heading a mere few hundred feet to take a left at Congress Street: the street you are to eventually turn off of roughly four miles later. It’s one of the main streets in Lafayette and quite simply, that route is the easiest, quickest, and most efficient by far.

Instead…she takes an immediate left onto Parkside?? That’s a more than just a little peculiar. It’s a lot peculiar. But wait, it gets even weirder and even further from Congress Street than that. Then, instead of continuing straight down Parkside at the next three way junction, or taking a quick right, both of which would have shot her out onto University Avenue (the street she later crosses over and is seen immediately afterwards on surveillance in front of the Circle K on the corner). Instead, she goes even further out of her way and takes a left at that junction, putting her going toward St. John Street, and even deeper into the sketchy territory of downtown Lafayette afterhours. At St. John Street, she presumably takes a right and we see her shortly thereafter finally getting to and crossing University Avenue. Essentially, she took two turns completely away from easy access to Congress Street, the road that her presumed final destination (home) was off of. I don’t know many locals who this route would compute with. This is all assuming that she would eventually link back up with Congress Street at some point (either via one of the Saint Streets, Cajundome Boulevard, or if she took another back route behind Cajunfield, Bertrand Drive) to get to her house, which, in case you’re keeping score at home, once again, is off of Congress Street; the same street that she was less than a block away from to begin with at the start of her trip.

The route she took isn’t just a little off. It’s a lot off. The time she would’ve ended up adding on when comparing the route she would’ve ended up taking given her last known location to the more direct route I would estimate as being pretty significant; as in at least fifteen minutes or more, significant. This may not seem like much, but if we’re led to believe that Mickey was tired, not feeling up to par, and had to get home and rest before her brother’s graduation the next morning, why add that extra time and effort to the already long four mile bike ride you’re having to undertake? One could argue that for some reason, she thought the route she took was safer, but I honestly can’t see why she would. Granted, Congress Street venturing into downtown Lafayette might not be classified as the safest area in town, but at least you can rely on there being street lights at constant intervals along the entire way, as well as a good share of locals travelling on the road so you aren’t always alone. And considering she was heading directly into what I would consider the sketchiest part of her would-be journey (dark and desolate St. Landry Street to even darker and more desolate Coliseum Road), I simply can’t believe that argument holds any water.

All this leads me to wonder: where was she really heading? Was she really heading home? Or was she possibly going somewhere else? Obviously, there is the text she received just before leaving BW’s. Could that have been from her next actual destination? One could throw the theory out there that MS possibly had a secret “friend with benefits” that she intended on seeing late that night that nobody knew about. I know both men and women that can keep a secret like that from even the closest of their friends. It would make sense to tell BW that she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to go home as not to hurt his feelings, considering she knew he may have had feelings for her. It might also make sense, given this theory, for her to turn off her own phone before heading out so that no one bothered her while she was there and would probably think she was home sleeping if they called or sent her a text. He may be afraid to come forward given the circumstances, or, if he even exists, he might have already come forward as the sender of the last text and to clear his name. This bit of information is one of many that LE could be keeping to themselves. It’s also just a theory; and only one of hundreds, I’m sure. Or she could’ve simply been going somewhere that she just didn’t want BW or anyone to know about. One could argue that she was heading toward Johnston Street and had intentions of meeting her friends, who would most certainly still be at Mels Diner, likely casually eating and in no rush at 2:00 in the morning, as are most of the Diner’s patrons’ that wander into there for late night meals. But if that were the case, wouldn’t she either invite, or at the very least, tell BW upon her departure?

I’m just trying to make sense out of her initial route that led to the heinous circumstances and events that she would run into along her journey. It’s really hard to do.

Still hoping for closure for Mickey’s friends and family, and for her to still be alive and strong at the moment you and I are reading this.

These were all my own opinions.​

I agree with you. I went out on early searches in the first few days after she was missing. A bike would have been noticed; we came across decomposing animals and lots of trash. If you think fisherman are at whiskey bay at all hours, there is no way that bike sat there for a week unnoticed. But then again, it is possible that signs were not hung in that area until thursday or friday. I know because the posting sign effort was around town up until monday.

Here's what makes sense to me about the phone getting shut off that night/early the next morning. She had a backpack with her. I'm sure that the perp went through her stuff, got her ID, any credit cards, cash, cell phone and pulled the battery out. Paranoia I'd suspect. Or he heard the phone ring and it started mania in his head. Dump the bike, lose the backpack, throw it in some random water drain or where ever. I know there are old coonasses that go to Whiskey Bay everyday. They are old and fishing is their life. That bike was not dumped the same night she was snatched. It was done late Friday night/early Saturday morning my best guess

I meant, it wouldn't have sat for a week without someone noticing it. Even if the grass was tall, there is no way a week passed without someone noticing that bike. It was put there shortly before getting discovered.

As far as the phone being shut off.. it is really nothing new. It has been widely reported Brittanee Drexel was tracked because of her phone. They know she was headed to the swamp after she was abducted. The LISK is someone who is basically defined by his manipulation of phones. This again like my earlier post, points to someone with intent. Who possibly has a history of this. A clean obduction, no witnesses. Girl gone, bike gone. Phone shut down. As far as we know there was so evidence of glass or pant or debreew from the vehicle like a normal hit and run or accident.. as far as I have seen.

Another thing I was thinking about. That goes along with my feeling of him being a stalker from afar. Or possibly just a wrong place wrong time abduction. Or seeing her in the bar and deciding that's the one. If these guys(imo more than one perp) were from the area, wouldn't they be aware that they would be on camera? It makes me think they may not be locales. Or atleast familar with the area. Or they are just completely incompetent. Which I don't believe. I think they are very organized, because they left no evidence that we know of. They knew to shut down the cell, and basically left without a trace.

I would also like to add.. there is a high probability they planted evidence with the bike dump. It points to a perp/s who is organized and knows exactly what he/they are doing.

The Caddy with the white truck in the front of it in opposite direction is at St Landry street across from medical office complexes. The area to the right of the caddy is nice dentists offices and doctors; the area to the left is not so great. apt buildings with transient tenants.

Thank you Bzarektah for your excellent post,and :welcome: to WS.

Your local info about the area is very helpful. My question though is, was it possible that maybe she was making those detours because someone was scaring her or she felt she was being followed?

The caddy shot is taken within 30 seconds of the last known place Mickey was on St Landry. At the corner where they last spotted MS is Lafayette Consolidated Govt; behind that is medical offices. Probably one block (at most ) exists between the spot they last saw MS and the caddy picture (with the white truck in it). Turning right on St Landry from University it goes like this. 1. consolidated govt blding. 2. medical offices. 3. martin and castille funeral home 4. on the right....more medical office bldings (AZAR EYE Clinic). TO THE LEFT is 1. gas station. 2. a block or two of old aprtments 3.Catholic hospital (OBGYN offices) 4. Old Lourdes Building.

If there is no MS in the picture with the Caddy and the white truck (MICKEy would have been biking along the rt of the caddy) then something is ODD. Either she has just been Perped and is inside one of the vehicles; or the pictures are taken minutes later after they circled. Can someone help me understand how/ why they think there was circling involved?

The Caddy with the white truck in the front of it in opposite direction is at St Landry street across from medical office complexes. The area to the right of the caddy is nice dentists offices and doctors; the area to the left is not so great. apt buildings with transient tenants.

Then Id be willing to bet that car frequents that area. Im not brave enough to go on a stakeout by myself plus i work nights but Id say its safe to assume that car will resurface there if people are actually looking for the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9