LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Mickey's mother, dad or sister, I would be canvassing all of the lounges/bars/hangouts with her picture to see if anyone recognized her as being at any of them after she left BW's.
I'm trying to think of any bars in the direction she was headed/last seen, and I can't think of any on the direct stretch she vanished in. It's all doctors and lawyers (and a funeral home) on St. Landry to Blackham. There's one off of St. Julien (I think that's it), next to Izzo's on Johnston, and perhaps there's one further down Congress, had she gotten there. Plus, they close at 2 in the city.

I'm trying to think of any bars in the direction she was headed/last seen, and I can't think of any on the direct stretch she vanished in. It's all doctors and lawyers (and a funeral home) on St. Landry to Blackham. There's one off of St. Julien (I think that's it), next to Izzo's on Johnston, and perhaps there's one further down Congress, had she gotten there. Plus, they close at 2 in the city.

So all of the hangouts close at 2?

There is the Krooked Nickel on Johnston St. Near Izzo's. Could it have been a young guy in the truck who lured her in by giving a friend a ride?

'
Back ATCHA!!!! The constructive criticism and your sticking by your guns got the final puzzle piece together!!

Look at that rear side-marker light... does that cinch it, or WHAT?
this is totally irrelevant, since im positive you know more about cars than i do...but is there any way you can show this in a picture? i just want to see what you guys are seeing lol. im afraid i cant see what yall are talking about.

If anyone is thinking this could be a hit and run, I'm just wondering if LE is looking into all the places that a person who's aribag has deployed, needs to get it fixed. Has anyone heard this discussed yet?

There is the Krooked Nickel on Johnston St. Near Izzo's. Could it have been a young guy in the truck who lured her in by giving a friend a ride?

Would they be open past 2?

Am I the only one thinking that if they were to 'up' the reward that it would be more motivation for someone to rat out their neighbor or brother? I know they capped to avoid the person from holding out for a higher reward, but what if that's what it takes. Do we think they are desperate enough to do it yet?

Great idea about the paint job. I didn't think of that. But the wheel wells are squared on the Caddys and Olds and round on the Cutlass, etc.

Can you use Google to help really nail the year of the car?

I am almost sure now that we're looking at a ca. 1983 Oldsmobile 98 Regency

In my opinion, it's going to be hard to really nail it down. There's just too many variables.

I'm looking on cardomain.com right now. You can choose to look at cars by year, model, etc.. There's a lot of pictures from many different angles.

I definitely think it has a custom vinyl top and custom back window. Might be a convertible.

We really need more pictures to come to a solid conclusion.

I haven't been out in a while but I believe the only bar still open after 2 is Cowboy's.

ETA: I'm speaking of course about Lafayette proper.

Just gave all the info to the tip line and they sounded very stoked - said they all there thought it was a Cadillac, and she said the detectives are coming back in soon and they'll get the info. Gave her the website and also the details of the car while she was looking at the photos - pointed out the rear-side-marker light.

Good work, folks!

let's hope it pans out and helps get closer to Mickey!

something else i havent seen mentioned here, and i could be way of base. has anyone considered the possibility of her riding into this part if town to score some pot? im not in any way talking bad about Mickey, but if this is what she was trying to do it would maybe explain why she would stop for a vehicle. but then again she had made no calls prior to coming to this area as far as i know, other than to her friend.

I haven't been out in a while but I believe the only bar still open after 2 is Cowboy's.

ETA: I'm speaking of course about Lafayette proper.
Cowboys was a good idea. I heard many stories about late nights out there. I just checked their website, and if they don't fudge their times IRL, they close at 2 as well.

Is there some city-wide ordinance that forces everything to close at 2? I didn't realize that the whole city shut down at that time. Granted, I make it home by 1:30. (My folks drilled it into my head that "nothing good happens after 1")

You have to realize that here in south Louisiana not that many people know the old cars that well any more because there aren't many around, compared to a car-crazy place like California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member