LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went ahead and did it myself. I told you I was retarded and wouldn't be able to put the video on "the youtubes". That's why I'm glad you did it. I Keep getting an error. It Doesn't like iphone video.

It's at 92% right now, so hopefully it'll be done soon.

Hello all, I have a desicion to make as my day is started. I have confirmed that Martin & Castille funeral home DOES have functioning cameras. They should have the money shots.

Should I go around town posting flyers and looking for this car, or help the search party?

If her plan was to go down Azalea to bypass creepy St. Landry and go through a residential neighborhood, why didn't she just go down Souvenir Gate? If she had gone down Versailles and hopped on to University for a short bit and turned onto Souvenir Gate by Lafayette Middle, they prob. would have had cameras there. Or she wouldn't have met up with the white truck or car at all. :(

As to the white trucks, I was pretty solidly convinced the unidentified one (the one we know is not a Z71) was an American truck, until I was passed by a white 4 door Nissan Titan on the road yesterday and then saw a 4 door white Toyota Tundra and a white 4 door Toyta Tacoma as well. I feel like from the pics, it's possible the truck is also a Toyota or Nissan. I am no car/truck expert by any means though. But I hope just in case that everyone in the area is on the look out for any white 4 door truck with a non-factory gas tank "door" (see what I mean about not knowing about cars...I don't even know what that's really called LOL) or with some slight damage to its front from possibly bumping/sightly hitting a bike. Or any shady-acting individuals with any kind of newer white 4 door truck. Or any RSOs with any make white 4 door truck. JMO. I don't want anyone to write off a shady 4 door white truck just because it isn't an American comapny that makes it. Just in case.

Silence & missinformation by LE in missing persons investigations only leads to innocent lives lost & mounting cold cases. The American public is analogous to a video camera across the landscape of the US.

AMW, is an excellent example of this valuable resource. Over 1200 fugitives captured & numerous missing persons thanks to tips from the viewers..

This is the 21st century; age of the internet/communications. To hold information close to the vest is an antiquated strategy and only hampers a successful outcome, IMO.

That's your opinion, not the opinion of those who support the investigation. My opinion is that LE should not release any evidence that could be detrimental to the outcome of the recovery of the missing person or the criminal trial that may follow.

AMW is used a lot of times as a last resort. They aren't called in the beginning usually for a manhunt.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, and I probably did, but approximately how long would it normally take M to ride her bike from B's and get home?

Hello all, I have a desicion to make as my day is started. I have confirmed that Martin & Castille funeral home DOES have functioning cameras. They should have the money shots.

Should I go around town posting flyers and looking for this car, or help the search party?

The search party is huge right now. You'd still be apart of the search party by trying to find the car :)

That's right. We left at sunset. Not a flyer in sight!! I almost cried when I heard her bike was found there!!

Are you sure we are talking Whiskey Bay? You're describing it so beautifully lol. I was pretty certain there were flyers up there.

I was followed to my neighborhood grocery store and back until I turned onto my street by a white 4-door truck on Sunday evening. It DID have a chrome gas cap and also, chrome rims. I am fairly certain it was a Ford F150, however, and I do live a few hours east of Lafayette.

The truck didn't strike me as very distinctive since they are everywhere here and the added chrome touches are pretty common in this area too.

I wonder if they've looked for/found any rubber marks on her path from B's to home. IE a vehicle or person came up on her and she slammed on her breaks, creating rubber tire marks. That could indicate where she was picked up, IF she was picked up.

The search party is huge right now. You'd still be apart of the search party by trying to find the car :)

I doubt that car is in Lafayette anymore. It's too obvious of a car, especially with the rear quarter panel damage. I'm guessing it's not a car from this area and it is no longer in the area.

In the media it says that a flyer was seen on a sign 50 ft from where the bike was found. Having been someone who spent three days putting up flyers, I know we did not venture out of Lafayette until at least wednesday. so I am not surprised you did not see any; but am surprised someone who found the bike did see some.

I was followed to my neighborhood grocery store and back until I turned onto my street by a white 4-door truck on Sunday evening. It DID have a chrome gas cap and also, chrome rims. I am fairly certain it was a Ford F150, however, and I do live a few hours east of Lafayette.

The truck didn't strike me as very distinctive since they are everywhere here and the added chrome touches are pretty common in this area too.

Did you report this? Just in case?

I doubt that car is in Lafayette anymore. It's too obvious of a car, especially with the rear quarter panel damage. I'm guessing it's not a car from this area and it is no longer in the area.

We don't know if this car is still in Lafayette or not. It may not be the car that is a POI, maybe they are a witness. I think more is known of the ambiguous white truck with the bed cover and that's our guy.

To me, it'd seem more likely that a person in the Oldsmobile would be more likely the one with the weed. I'm not racially profiling, but am assuming that she wouldn't be buying top shelf marijuana or anything like that.

It is pretty common for young women to put themselves in dangerous areas and situations to purchase marijuana. It's sad, really, since the "drug" is less harmful than alcohol, which is readily available and safe to purchase.

The timing the vehicles were on the road doesn't make sense if she were buying from the peeps in the Olds.

There are lots of urban white boys who sell pot (I would have known who to call back in the 70's - just a normal guy, two years older, from my school) - the white truck probably white guy could be one of her friends or acquaintances from campus and she wanted to be set for tomorrow (graduation day). She may have told her sister - hey, I'll get some pot - as they were going to spend the day together.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, and I probably did, but approximately how long would it normally take M to ride her bike from B's and get home?

Based on Google Maps, From Ryan street bike route to St. Landry (the route she took according to the cameras), if she cut across the Coliseum gravel road to Cajundome Blvd, it would take about 25 mins.

I was just wondering how you were able to confirm this because- if you know someone who works there, can you ask them if their footage was turned over to police? Did they get a look at it? Did they see Mickey? Was it set where it records overitself after a certain amount of hours (so they didn't have the film of Mickey)? Just wondering...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQHXYH313c"]YouTube video[/ame]

This is the video we took this morning. I hope it's not too rough, and I hope it gives you guys a better idea of where everything is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005