LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure we are talking Whiskey Bay? You're describing it so beautifully lol. I was pretty certain there were flyers up there.

I'm 100% sure. Also 100% certain there were no flyers. And it IS beautiful. Maybe not right off of the interstate, but in the WMA. It's a bottomland hardwood. There are a lot of people I guess that don't think they are that beautiful, which is why they are disappearing. I love seeing wild turkeys, rabbits, deer, awesome neotropical birds, etc. all living together.
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/2763

Azalea is safer than being on St landry and st mary. Azalea may not be a great neighborhood but it is THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COULEE where the govt building is and where Mickey was that is unsafe with lots of labor force. I drove around today and saw people in prison suits doing hard labor; that kind of unsafe! It is very possible someone out on parole left their jumpsuit and got in a car and abducted Mickey.

Did you report this? Just in case?

No, I just let them see that I had a gun. Carjackings and robberies of people stopped in parking lots or driveways are pretty common here, especially lately. I live in Beaumont, TX, so I am sure it is unrelated.

I'm 100% sure. Also 100% certain there were no flyers. And it IS beautiful. Maybe not right off of the interstate, but in the WMA. It's a bottomland hardwood. There are a lot of people I guess that don't think they are that beautiful, which is why they are disappearing. I love seeing wild turkeys, rabbits, deer, awesome neotropical birds, etc. all living together.
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/2763

Please call in and report this.

The timing the vehicles were on the road doesn't make sense if she were buying from the peeps in the Olds.

There are lots of urban white boys who sell pot (I would have known who to call back in the 70's - just a normal guy, two years older, from my school) - the white truck probably white guy could be one of her friends or acquaintances from campus and she wanted to be set for tomorrow (graduation day). She may have told her sister - hey, I'll get some pot - as they were going to spend the day together.

I do too, but typically the marijuana they sell isn't "street weed." It is expensive.

In the media it says that a flyer was seen on a sign 50 ft from where the bike was found. Having been someone who spent three days putting up flyers, I know we did not venture out of Lafayette until at least wednesday. so I am not surprised you did not see any; but am surprised someone who found the bike did see some.

But you have to remember, lots of people were taking flyers and putting them up on their way to BR and NOLA. People were printing them from their home computers and sticking them up all over. It wasn't just "us" putting them up here in town.

I'm wondering if anyone is monitoring the traffic cams on katc's web site. The other girl who came forward said the driver told her he likes to cruise around. It could be one way of spotting one of these vehicles.

And the media carries duct tape around?
Sometimes. In Lisa Irwin's case, a reporter was observed posting a flyer and then the camera person video-taped the posted flyer. :angel:

Snipped by me
If MS had prearranged to buy pot, BW and CS may know about it or suspect that is the case which causes them to appear to be holding some info back. If this is true, I'm sure they've disclosed what they know to LE. They may know who the source in the white truck is as well and have made contact with that person - the driver of the truck we see coming and going on St. Landry Street. LE may only be interested in the Olds at this point as the driver is their POI. Sound plausible?

I have had thoughts along this line also. I find myself following or agreeing with alot of your posts!
It almost does appear that BW could have been holding something back but would have disclosed this to LE, I agree. I think it is entirely believable that Charlie was in town and Mickey was scoring some weed for the graduation weekend.

Also I have been curious and havent seen it mentioned where and with whom was Mickey partying the night before.

:please: for Mickey

JMO

What I meant was, if it was dumped AT Whiskey Bay same night, someone could have found it and taken it before the case was on the news, then they were scared and put it back. Unlikely....I think the bike was probably dumped a night or two before it was found, not there the whole time.

You have made an excellent point, Lindsayw.

I don't know the value of Mickey's bike, but, assuming it is worth a good buck.

We shouldn't assume the perp took her bike (although, I think it is likely).

Someone "could" have found Mickey's bike with the intention of pawning it, and then tossed it when they realized it was related to her disappearance.

One would hope that LE would request that someone would come forward with that info, if they thought there was any chance at all that was the case.

This car has been seen a lot in Lafayette over the last three years, as stated by people on this forum. The only reason it would not be in Lafayette is that if it is involved or scared crazy with all the news media.

Has it been confirmed whether or not video could have captured some aspect of the dumping of the bike? Am trying to determine if they had a time frame of when this occurred, so as to try to figure out if it was done pretty much right away, or days later. If right away, i.e., Mickey would have probably still been with the suspect and she might be further away still, now.

Wonder what the thought process is; would the perp want the bike gone at once from his/her possession, or did it occur to him "later" that the bike had to be hidden/disposed of?

As for searchers...now that the bike has been found...what are they being told to look for? I mean, I think it must be Mickey, but probably no one wants to acknowledge that, so wondering what people would be told...JMO

Azalea is safer than being on St landry and st mary. Azalea may not be a great neighborhood but it is THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COULEE where the govt building is and where Mickey was that is unsafe with lots of labor force. I drove around today and saw people in prison suits doing hard labor; that kind of unsafe! It is very possible someone out on parole left their jumpsuit and got in a car and abducted Mickey.

Not at 2 am. And they have prisoners doing hard labor all over Lafayette--Pinhook, Ambassador Caffery, the Thruway. It's how most of the city gets trash picked up and grass mowed. St. Landry isn't dangerous either, except for going by the abandoned buildings (which isn't dangerous in and of itself, though it gives a predator a place to hide). I'd consider Azalea safer because it is residential and therefore will likely have mostly residential traffic, but that doesn't mean that St. Landry is unsafe--especially using day labor as your reasoning.

To me, it'd seem more likely that a person in the Oldsmobile would be more likely the one with the weed. I'm not racially profiling, but am assuming that she wouldn't be buying top shelf marijuana or anything like that.

It is pretty common for young women to put themselves in dangerous areas and situations to purchase marijuana. It's sad, really, since the "drug" is less harmful than alcohol, which is readily available and safe to purchase.

Oh I hear you, I don't object to legalization. Pot was never my thing but so many people (still, at my age) smoke it. If an exchange like the one I describe took place, it's a crying shame. It could have been done before midnight though too.

I love the message of what someone posted last night; that nothing really good ever happens while out at night after 1AM. I pondered that for awhile and couldn't really come up with anything (unless your baby is born during those wee hours) other than stuff I regret ever happening usually due to my own poor judgement after drinking too much.

I was just wondering how you were able to confirm this because- if you know someone who works there, can you ask them if their footage was turned over to police? Did they get a look at it? Did they see Mickey? Was it set where it records overitself after a certain amount of hours (so they didn't have the film of Mickey)? Just wondering...

These could all be possible scenarios... However its not hard to see the cameras from the street. Considering it is probably one of the finer and more reputable business in this area, they should have video footage. Maybe it records over itself and they don't however. I hope they do have footage from these cameras, but cannot release them because of their investigation.

Has it been confirmed whether or not video could have captured some aspect of the dumping of the bike?

<snip>

As for searchers...now that the bike has been found...what are they being told to look for? I mean, I think it must be Mickey, but probably no one wants to acknowledge that, so wondering what people would be told...JMO

They haven't said, but the video in that area isn't a constant stream (at least it isn't when you watch it online) so they may not have had a clear shot of it. More likely than not, they're still reviewing pics/footage since there's no real time frame to when it may have been dropped off.

And I'd assume they're looking for phone, purse, clothing, etc. As well as Mickey herself.

I think if M. wanted to crash into a bed she would have stayed with B. for the night. Also, we don't know if she did get ill on way home, perhaps she did not have the friends/resources you do on the route. Someone posted perhaps she was walking her bike. This is another thing to ponder on. Perhaps she had a bike malfunction and did have to walk it home. Or perhaps her Taco Bell especially if snarfed after a horrid hangover and drinking water all night did not sit well. When biking perhaps she had to stop to be ill and that is when the perp made his move. The scenerio's one can make up in ones mind due to lack of facts is amazing.

Shelley, I am sorry people made you feel so bad and made you feel rejected. I don't think this had anything to do with 9 USD and if it did how petty. I think this had to do with ego's... Just keep doing what you are doing. I really wonder about that list of people they are rejecting however, that is very negative to the cause of finding M. Between that and the negativity on her page about MSM releases, makes you wonder. I am just saying everyone needs to work together, no room for ego's on a search team. Rant over...lol.
MS did not look unwell on her bike ride in these pictures. She looked stable; not wretching. Pedaling with a purpose. I highly doubt that she got off and walked her bike after seeing her on Versaille and ST Landry. She was sturdy; the bike looked sturdy. She also seemed like the type to have a regular checkup with her bike; to keep it in shape. If it was about to malfunction, she probably would have known about it for a while.

Disappearance of Louisiana college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick eerily similar to Lauren Spierer case

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-spierer-case-article-1.1085903#ixzz1wH5kZruf

image.jpg

When I saw this, I immediately thought they should add Holly's picture as well...

I agree.

I have done it, here are 3 girls who need to be brought home to their loved ones. :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• lauren_mickey_holly.jpg
    lauren_mickey_holly.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 243
Oh I hear you, I don't object to legalization. Pot was never my thing but so many people (still, at my age) smoke it. If an exchange like the one I describe took place, it's a crying shame. It could have been done before midnight though too.

I love the message of what someone posted last night; that nothing really good ever happens while out at night after 1AM. I pondered that for awhile and couldn't really come up with anything (unless your baby is born during those wee hours) other than stuff I regret ever happening usually due to my own poor judgement after drinking too much.

It is a shame, especially when there are many states where it is easy to get a medical card and purchase safe medical marijuana and no one has to put themselves in harm's way.

I agree about nothing good happening after 1 AM, but I'd say midnight. I always tell my children that they can live in my home for as long as they want, but unless their job requires them to be out after midnight, they will be home by that time or they will find somewhere else to reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne