LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To ID that car I'm going to have to draw up a grid with checkboxes for the different features. There are too many variables to do it in my head and be certain. Variable wheel wells, wheel skirts, taillights, roofline, side spear, window size....

What if the truck is stopped? Maybe Mickey struggled and they had to pull over for a second? this would be only a minute or two after the suspected abduction.... there may have been a struggle in the truck and the "Caddy" driver saw it and instinctively turned the wheel to get a closer look? Or else he was turning into that apartment. Should be easy to check. LEs should have already gone through this thinking.

On one of the prior threads someone familiar with that location said the car was already too far up from the drive in which he could have turned around to have made the turn.

If there was paint transfer on the bike from an accident, it mgiht be beneficial if the police would release exactly what color it is.

What if the truck is stopped? Maybe Mickey struggled and they had to pull over for a second? this would be only a minute or two after the suspected abduction.... there may have been a struggle in the truck and the "Caddy" driver saw it and instinctively turned the wheel to get a closer look? Or else he was turning into that apartment. Should be easy to check. LEs should have already gone through this thinking.

Or he was helping the truck. Using his lights? a passenger was outside with the truck guy? I have a feeling it was more than one perp. Don't know why, but with her, the bike gone and NO evidence. It was quick and organized. JMO

It was said that she was still hungover and nauseated from the night before. I can't imagine her eating much or that fast if that were the case.

especially Taco Bell.

just my opinion, of course

To ID that car I'm going to have to draw up a grid with checkboxes for the different features. There are too many variables to do it in my head and be certain. Variable wheel wells, wheel skirts, taillights, roofline, side spear, window size....

That's a ton of work. It is greatly appreciated.

Good night everyone. My pillows are calling my name.
Keep the faith.

chicken fried, you have seen both pics released of the car, right? (One is really NOT very clear at all.) Just wanting to make sure, because I didn't see the "2nd" one for a while, myself.

I am really thinking that LE actually saw the abduction/incident in this camera (car on St. Landry). (BTW, It looks like there is something under the truck to me). Otherwise, there would HAVE to be footage of Mickey on this camera. Unless "caddy" picked her up right before this shot and white truck is the actually the witness.

Ugh! If only this pic had a time stamp! So frustrating

I can't speak to the finer details of the body features (I'm a VW woman myself (air-cooled only)), but the color scheme here is about as close as it gets to the vehicle I believe I saw. Except the one I saw was faded and scuffed (so to speak), so the brown/rust/chocolate/whatever was much more muted.

The top though...indeed cream/hazelnut.

(must have coffee on my mind)

Thanks.! the tricky part is the size. What you linked is the smaller-sized (mid-sized) body. The car in the still looks to be the full-sized 20-ft-long Big Kahuna, IMO. Great sleuthing to transter what you saw to a car on the Internet. That's what needs to be done, and the beauty of Google.

A key feature I'd like to point out to the people:

Instead of focusing on the rear, look at the front corner. That's the classic, "slab-sided" Titanic-bow Cadillac look. See the squareness, like a blade? Only the Lincolns, Caddys and Olds had that. Some of these other cars like the Electra had more of a traditional front. But I am not ruling any out. Dinner is finally ready, and my outside job done. I need brain food!!!!

I am really thinking that LE actually saw the abduction/incident in this camera (car on St. Landry). (BTW, It looks like there is something under the truck to me). Otherwise, there would HAVE to be footage of Mickey on this camera. Unless "caddy" picked her up right before this shot and white truck is the actually the witness.

Ugh! If only this pic had a time stamp! So frustrating

bbm: And truck was driving around trying to tail that Caddy! Now that's a thought.

Dang,,,, the "Caddy" may have been just a bit too far behind the truck to see anything.

But... that didn't leave the truck much time for a turnaround, did it?

What are we talking, a minute or two? The lack of time stamp is a shame.

It must have been quick, if the perp was in the truck!
Maybe the picture of the truck that passed right after and behind Mickey by circle k came forward after the first two pics were given to the public. Which would be why they made the other pictures public. Next night of the caddi. And other truck.

I tell you what, some of those Olds with the slanted taillights look reeeeal close. Maybe even better than the Caddy. But I have to find a photo of an Olds with the small rear window. That's what i said earlier about researching the rarer options.

What's tricky is the darn picture is bent. I did a little fix on Photoshop, but there's only so much you can alter before you're guessing at the true shape.

At this point, I'm standing firm on Caddy or Olds. But going to check out the Buicks carefully, too, before ruling them out.

I can't speak to the finer details of the body features (I'm a VW woman myself (air-cooled only)), but the color scheme here is about as close as it gets to the vehicle I believe I saw. Except the one I saw was faded and scuffed (so to speak), so the brown/rust/chocolate/whatever was much more muted.

The top though...indeed cream/hazelnut.

(must have coffee on my mind)

BTW, you must be a sight around town in that Bug or Ghia or Wagon.... no one drives those!!!!

Were there any cameras further down the route Mickey was traveling? Did Mickey turn onto a street that would not have cameras?

Yes, she could have turned onto Calder or the street before it. The only reason to do that would be if she thought she was being followed. However, those streets are residential and dark (I would guess).

I really think there should be a way to find out if LE is interested in the Cadillac-do any of the locals have any LE connection at all, just enough to know if they are trying to locate it, or already have? It would be a shame to find out later that they ID'd it right away. JMO

chicken fried, you have seen both pics released of the car, right? (One is really NOT very clear at all.) Just wanting to make sure, because I didn't see the "2nd" one for a while, myself.

Yeah, I did, thanks. Second one doesn't help at all. All the key features are blurred, unfortunately.

Yes! I was trying to keep them all straight, but as the Australians say, it does your head in!

People are speculating about the caddy with break lights on and turning left. To me it appears the caddy is in the middle of the road. Mickey was hugging the right curb on st Landry at circle k. Maybe the caddy saw her, just passed her while slowing (brake lights on) and was about to get back in the right lane? The truck, which meanwhile might have been circling for her, noticed the caddy and decided to pass her up, circle around university back into saint streets and track her down a little farther near the hospital once the caddy had moved out of the area?
I think I get your drift. Like as in the caddie passed Mickey...Mickey would be behind the caddie out of the picture and then truck was behind the caddie and couldn't make his move til caddie was gone so they could not see. There is a good reason why they have not made public more pictures.I truly brleive they have the abductionor a bike left alone on camera. Or someone else riding the bike on camera or someone hauling the bike off in back if truck or with trunk not closed all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx