LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she could have turned onto Calder or the street before it. The only reason to do that would be if she thought she was being followed. However, those streets are residential and dark (I would guess).

She could have cut through the government center parking lot to Azalea St. That area is in between the camera across from the Circle K and the one across from the apartment building. I tend to think that would not be her planned route, though, because it does looks like it would be dark at night. If you look at the route she took from Brettly's house, she went out of her way to take Versailles to St John's instead of going down the dark Parkside Drive. So it does seem she wasn't fond of dark streets. I know how that is from years of biking at night...on dark streets you can't see hazards in the road like potholes even with a light on your bike.

I have an idea. Possibly two people. One dropped off as a pedestrian......pedestrian approaches Mickey. Pedestrian seems a lot less threatening than a vehicle. Later partner in vehicle picks up pedestrian Mickey and bike. I have said earlier that maybe all they were after was her bike but she would not give the bike up. But maybe they tried to earn her trust a little by posing as a pedestrian.

I sure hope LE has something better than these pics. They don't give enough info

I tell you what, some of those Olds with the slanted taillights look reeeeal close. Maybe even better than the Caddy. But I have to find a photo of an Olds with the small rear window. That's what i said earlier about researching the rarer options.

What's tricky is the darn picture is bent. I did a little fix on Photoshop, but there's only so much you can alter before you're guessing at the true shape.

At this point, I'm standing firm on Caddy or Olds. But going to check out the Buicks carefully, too, before ruling them out.

The slanted lights is what eliminates Cadillac for me. I can see the slant in both pictures.

BTW, you must be a sight around town in that Bug or Ghia or Wagon.... no one drives those!!!!

I wish! Try a minivan! Haha!

Would definitely be a Type III, fastback, stock. '67 only, please. :)

Yeah, let me know if you ever find my dream car for sale. :)

I'm actually starting to wonder how she could have been tailed, without tipping her off. Might have been harder than you think.

Someone who KNEW her route, though, could have held back and then caught up with her in one fell swoop.

The slanted lights is what eliminates Cadillac for me. I can see the slant in both pictures.

I see what you see, but not ready to jump yet. Two factors: The fisheye bend, and the glare of the tailights, make it harder to determine the location and shape of the taillights. they may actually be straight.

So much information, my data banks are filling up fast. At what time did Micky call or text her sister about going out with Mickey (sister was in Baton Rouge)?
What is the nearest intersection in the direction of travel that Mickey was taking, the last time she was spotted on video camera?
When Mickey left BW's is it possible that she turned down Calder St. and then turned onto Johnston st. heading back to Artmosphere after the last time she was captured on video? It seems to be pretty close???

Am not sure what the direction of travel Mickey was taking, N S E W, when she was captured the last time on video. Can any locals help here? Thanks.

jbiggoose,

By the way, don't forget that the later Caddys had a slant, too. Not as much as the Olds, but slanted nevertheless.

I sure hope LE has something better than these pics. They don't give enough info

Do you think Martin & Castille has footage? If so I think it would be huge. Let's hope the bike site has clues, DNA evidence or the condition of bike. Also key, would be some I-10 cameras with footage of the vehicle.

I'm actually starting to wonder how she could have been tailed, without tipping her off. Might have been harder than you think.

Someone who KNEW her route, though, could have held back and then caught up with her in one fell swoop.

There's always the chance that the car hit her or or caused her to wreck, in what was simply a traffic incident (with no intention to abduct her) and the truck (driven by a sexual predator) stopped to "help", and abducted her. I know it's a coincidence but it's no more coincidental than Morgan Harrington hitchhiking from a university campus concert on a drunken whim and randomly getting picked up by a dangerous predator.

Hangin' it up for the pea-em. Praying fervently for a break tonight.

Keep the momentum, Sleuthers!

I wish! Try a minivan! Haha!

Would definitely be a Type III, fastback, stock. '67 only, please. :)

Yeah, let me know if you ever find my dream car for sale. :)

Well, there's a woman knows what she wants! Santa's going to have to scour the Alps for that one -lol

:what:
Maybe the picture of the truck that passed right after and behind Mickey by circle k came forward after the first two pics were given to the public. Which would be why they made the other pictures public. Next night of the caddi. And other truck.

Possibly. I definitely think the releasing of the photos was strategic.

So much information, my data banks are filling up fast. At what time did Micky call or text her sister about going out with Mickey (sister was in Baton Rouge)?
What is the nearest intersection in the direction of travel that Mickey was taking, the last time she was spotted on video camera?
When Mickey left BW's is it possible that she turned down Calder St. and then turned onto Johnston st. heading back to Artmosphere after the last time she was captured on video? It seems to be pretty close???

Am not sure what the direction of travel Mickey was taking, N S E W, when she was captured the last time on video. Can any locals help here? Thanks.

I think she was at the Circle K on St. Landry? That would have her going west. I'm thinking of the photo where you see her from the left. Is the one where she's seen head-on earlier?

I'm going to have to print out a timeline and map for reference. I'm a local and still get confused:blushing:

I see what you see, but not ready to jump yet. Two factors: The fisheye bend, and the glare of the tailights, make it harder to determine the location and shape of the taillights. they may actually be straight.

I notice that the tail lights are blurry but the blur is equally slants and the fish eye warble doesn't throw everything else off at the angle the lights are. And in the second pick I can see that corner is slanted at the same angle without the light blur.

I think she was at the Circle K on St. Landry? That would have her going west. I'm thinking of the photo where you see her from the left. Is the one where she's seen head-on earlier?

I'm going to have to print out a timeline and map for reference. I'm a local and still get confused:blushing:

What is the intersection right past Circle K in the direction of Mickey's travel?
Thanks.

There's always the chance that the car hit her or or caused her to wreck, in what was simply a traffic incident (with no intention to abduct her) and the truck (driven by a sexual predator) stopped to "help", and abducted her. I know it's a coincidence but it's no more coincidental than Morgan Harrington hitchhiking from a university campus concert on a drunken whim and randomly getting picked up by a dangerous predator.

Except in Morgan's case, I think the reason that predator was out stalking that night, maybe due to the concert. I don't think it was coincidence and if someone hit Mickey and then took her, I think it was intentional. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misclicked