LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bike had damage. He hit her, got out of vehicle, played all nice and told her he'd bring her somewhere. That's that.

Though at the beginning of the presser it was said that the reason they didn't release information about the damage to the bike was because they didn't want people to assume it had been hit. (Something like that in between the garbled audio). imo

That area is in front of Louisiana Digital, 817 West University.... The cemetary associated with St John's Cathedral is visible there.

Wonder if there are any above ground crypts/tombs with easily removed stones, where a body could be hidden?

yes it could - it's a long drop into shallow water or onto logs at the edge. Easily a long-enough drop to bend the rim and dislodge the tire.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but wouldn't the surveillance camera on 1-10 show a truck pulling over and stopping? The police sound pretty confident that Mickey's abductor drove under the bridge and placed the bike in the water.

I am disappointed that they keep saying that's a '90s GM vehicle.

It is NOT!

They must have a purpose for not narrowing down the damaged car. Any police org worth its salt has someone that can ID that car.

If they truly have not ID-ed the model, this far out, then shame on them.

Anyone think dropping the bike from a bridge would dislodge the tire and bend the rim? I'm just not sure. My gut feeling: DUI accident, with cover up.

I do. The bridge is high and the water level is low right now. I think a drop from that height would damage the rear tire if it landed on it. I know they think it was driven down there and placed where it was found but they say that because of the lack of shoulder on that section. I'm guessing of its 2-3am... Perp has time to stop vehicle, check behind him to gauge distance of any cars by their headlights, grab bike, drop over the side, and leave. 20-30 seconds needed, tops. IMO

this is so incredibly frustrating. my husband doesnt understand why im devoting so much time to this, and i really dont either. but i feel like the clues have to be there. its just so weird to not have any evidence at the scene. i really dont think she would have left her route to get into a vehicle without a fight of some sort, unless it was a quick unexpected blow to the head. : ( i really hope they find prints on the bike. im holding out hope for that.

Though at the beginning of the presser it was said that the reason they didn't release information about the damage to the bike was because they didn't want people to assume it had been hit. (Something like that in between the garbled audio). imo

Maybe we should assume 'The Hulk' got hold of it. Wonder how many ways there is to bend a rim and dislodge a tire?

The thing that really stood out for me was that they wouldn't confirm if the hand grips were on the bike--I don't even understand why somebody thought to ask this. I suppose the perp probably used the handgrips to move the bike and may have removed them to try to get rid of evidence but then you'd think s/he would have destroyed them. Also, my hand grips are really difficult to get off of the handlebars...it's not something that would likely happen in an accident of any type.

I do. The bridge is high and the water level is low right now. I think a drop from that height would damage the rear tire if it landed on it. I know they think it was driven down there and placed where it was found but they say that because of the lack of shoulder on that section. I'm guessing of its 2-3am... Perp has time to stop vehicle, check behind him to gauge distance of any cars by their headlights, grab bike, drop over the side, and leave. 20-30 seconds needed, tops. IMO

If it were dropped just EAST of the boat launch, there's a shoulder to pull over, and drop it on the bank of the canal. They haven't told us where at Whiskey Bay it was found.

I still don't think the bike was tossed. 1.) there is no shoulder so the truck would have had to stp in the middle of I-10. And yes there is a lot of traffic at ALL HOURS. 2.) there is land under the first half of the bridge. Yes it would have bent the rim, but what is the probability that the bike would perfectly bounce into the water right near the bank? 3.) if tossed into the pilot channel (whiskey bay) the bike would have been found way south of the exit. The current is very strong and flows N-S

You guys are welcome. I haven't typed that quickly in years.

The thing that really stood out for me was that they wouldn't confirm if the hand grips were on the bike--I don't even understand why somebody thought to ask this. I suppose the perp probably used the handgrips to move the bike and may have removed them to try to get rid of evidence but then you'd think s/he would have destroyed them. Also, my hand grips are really difficult to get off of the handlebars...it's not something that would likely happen in an accident of any type.

I agree...the way he said "we found the bike and the handgrips" like they were two separate things...

Can anybody with previous experience with these types of cases explain why they would suspend the volunteer portion of searching out of the blue, including suspending donating supplies?

I still don't think the bike was tossed. 1.) there is no shoulder so the truck would have had to stp in the middle of I-10. And yes there is a lot of traffic at ALL HOURS. 2.) there is land under the first half of the bridge. Yes it would have bent the rim, but what is the probability that the bike would perfectly bounce into the water right near the bank? 3.) if tossed into the pilot channel (whiskey bay) the bike would have been found way south of the exit. The current is very strong and flows N-S

Easily dropped just east of the boat launch.

look HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member