LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if this was possibly a hit and run, those places need to be notified to be on the lookout for anyone needing something that would repair their airbag. Also, all the vehicle dealerships, as well as any mechanic shops in the immediate area.
You're saying the airbag would inflate when hitting someone on a bicycle? I highly doubt it. I fell asleep once driving a 2003 jeep liberty and rearended someone. They were going 40 and I was going an unknown speed, but fast enough to crunch up the whole front end. The airbag did not inflate.

Just heard them say they are running a couple minutes behind....

Running a few minutes behind....in the background...

I am not sure that a drunk driver, who has just hit a person, could be so capable as to quickly take up the person, and then her bike, leave no traces and make off with it all and no one sees/hears a thing?

thats the only reason im not sure if i think it was an accident. if i were to accidentally run someone over, i know i wouldnt be able to function quickly enough to load bike, rider, and hide any evidence without being seen. unless it was just extreme luck on the part of the hit and runner. to me it seems things went off without a hitch for whoever took her, and that to me seems planned.

something else ive been pondering, and back to whiskey bay. the bike seems like it was easily found. as in it wasnt hidden very well. what does this tell us? either that the perp wasnt familiar with the area very well, and thought the exit was more deserted than it actually was. OR that the bike was placed there as a diversion, or tauntingly placed there. if i were a criminal and i really wanted to hide the bike it seems like there would be many other more remote places to leave it than directly off of an exit. unless of course our perp is working with diminished mental capacity, and simply didnt know better than to hide it better. why was the bike left out where it could be easily found, and could the bike have any prints on it?

You're saying the airbag would inflate when hitting someone on a bicycle? I highly doubt it. I fell asleep once driving a 2003 jeep liberty and rearended someone. They were going 40 and I was going an unknown speed, but fast enough to crunch up the whole front end. The airbag did not inflate.

It might be a possibility. Leave no stone unturned.

I just hope we get some new positive information. Hanging on the edge of my seat!

I totally agree. College kids do not have to go to the seedy parts of town in the middle of the night to score weed. They can buy it from their friends or co-workers or barristas. And I really doubt that she was worried about buying pot at 2 am when she had a bunch of family functions the next morning. She was on her way to he parents home to sleep.

^^THIS

Lots of wild speculation around here. She was going home. She didn't take a ride from an acquaintance, either. She just left a bunch of friends with cars so if she'd wanted a ride she would have said so. She wanted to ride her bike. It was a stranger abduction. Not a drunk driver. She isn't a hooker, a crack addict, or a street person, so her abduction isn't related to SK cases like that or to human trafficking. She didn't run off. The whole thing is exactly as it appears - a nice girl who lost on the odds of riding a bike at 1:45 am being safe. This is the most unpredictable and worse kind of abduction. The odds of her being alive are very slim. I hope she is and escapes unharmed. This guy (guys?) needs to be caught ASAP. Anyone who do this will do it again.

From Facebook (Black Berry Messenger):

At this time the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however it is still ongoing. This suspension includes food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort.

Not sure what to make of this...?

Check check mic check 1 2 check check mic check check check 1 2

HAHA..wtf..

in the background the reporter said the search is now in day 11... I cannot believe it has been 11 days :-(

I'm betting this means they have exhausted all their resources and manpower in looking in the general vicinity so now LE is going to stop searching unless they have a credible tip. :(

This was on the fb page for her

>>At this time the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however it is still ongoing. This suspension includes food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort.

This suspension however does not include benefits that are already scheduled to take place. We would also like to reiterate that upon the concl...usion of the search effort, all supplies and money in all donation accounts will be given to non-profit organizations.

This in no way means that our efforts will decrease , only that they have changed out of necessity, and we encourage everyone to reblog, repost, reshare, and keep talking about Mickey. We cannot begin to express the gratitude and affection we have for everyone who helped us in any way. We would not have gotten anywhere close to where we are today without you guys.

Thank you so much from the bottom of all of our hearts and please keep checking in with us. We’ll do our best to keep you updated.

Find Mickey Shunick Volunteer Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member