Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
BATON ROUGE, La. — A Walton County man disappeared in Baton Rouge, officials say, while he was on a business trip.

Baton Rouge police said they are looking for 42-year-old Nathan Millard, who was last seen on Feb. 23 around 11:30 p.m. at Happy’s Irish Pub on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge.

Millard’s wife told Channel 2′s Mark Winnie that he attended a college basketball game Thursday, went to a few places around town and was last seen leaving the pub.

Officers found Millard’s phone four blocks from his hotel and said his debit card had been used.

Millard is five feet nine inches and weighs 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a green baseball cap, black shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information regarding Millard’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Baton Rouge Missing Persons Division at 225-389-3853.
video:
1677455681579.jpeg

“I’m heartbroken. It’s a nightmare that I want to wake up from. This is my worst nightmare,” said Amber Millard.

“Wednesday night, he and I Facetimed. He was able to get college basketball tickets. He and Facetimed, while he was there and that was at 7:30, Georgia time,” she said.

“He never made it back to his hotel and it’s just an open investigation, for a missing person,” Amber told Channel 2 Action News.

“We do have transactions, that his debit card has been used. His phone was located about four blocks from the hotel. He was staying at the Marriott right in downtown,” said Millard.

“He just attended the Daddy/Daughter dance with his daughter. He’s a good daddy. I go from, you know, one minute, not accepting reality to gut wrenching sick to my stomach.”

Right now, she’s hoping for the best, “I’m praying for a miracle, that he makes it home safely to us.”

*I’ll pray too, Amber. ❤️

I would be curious to see where they found the phone in relation to the Pub and Hotel. As you can see from this google maps (you may have to enlarge to see the hotel), the Marriot is just a block or so north of the Pub on 3rd. If you go just a few blocks to your left as you leave the pub you are at the Mississippi river and the park there looks like it has steps that go down directly to the water. I'm not saying that's where he headed but it is concerning. My thoughts go out to his family as they continue the search. Happy's Irish Pub · 136 3rd St, Baton Rouge, LA 70801

Nathan Millard

Millard says Nathan was working with a client on a property in Baton Rouge. The two went to an LSU basketball game, and afterward, they went to a bar downtown, Happy’s.

The client told Millard and police that Nathan left the bar around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night, to head back to his hotel room at the Courtyard Marriott, just a block away.

“Well, I never heard from him. I woke up and I knew immediately, waking up during the night, and at least I would have a text. I know that. I was kind of like ‘huh,’” recalls Millard.

“As time was ticking on, I started to reach out around 10 o’clock, and the phone was ringing. So, it was ringing and ringing and ringing. I started text messages, you know between calling, text message, calling…nothing,” says Millard.

The client and a hotel manager found Nathan’s phone a few blocks away from the hotel, and that’s when they got in touch with Millard and filed a missing person report.

“And that’s just my biggest fear, locating his body,” adds Millard.

Where was his debit card used? Do authorities believe he was the one using it? I would imagine that if it was used to withdraw cash from an ATM, there would be surveillance footage of the person using it.

His hotel was a block away from the bar, so it seems unlikely (although not impossible, given his possible intoxication and unfamiliarity with the area) that he got lost.

I would be curious to see where they found the phone in relation to the Pub and Hotel. As you can see from this google maps (you may have to enlarge to see the hotel), the Marriot is just a block or so north of the Pub on 3rd. If you go just a few blocks to your left as you leave the pub you are at the Mississippi river and the park there looks like it has steps that go down directly to the water. I'm not saying that's where he headed but it is concerning. My thoughts go out to his family as they continue the search. Happy's Irish Pub · 136 3rd St, Baton Rouge, LA 70801
  • Nathan's phone was found a ways from the hotel: Amber said a city worker found it at a work site (it's unclear if it's the same job site Nathan was in town for) at Convention Street and North Seventh Street, about four blocks from his hotel.
A Georgia husband and father vanished while walking back to his hotel in Baton Rouge. Here's what we know.

Where was his debit card used? Do authorities believe he was the one using it? I would imagine that if it was used to withdraw cash from an ATM, there would be surveillance footage of the person using it.

His hotel was a block away from the bar, so it seems unlikely (although not impossible, given his possible intoxication and unfamiliarity with the area) that he got lost.
  • His debit card shows activity since the time of his disappearance: Amber said the first transaction was a cash withdrawal and that the card was in use as late as Saturday before she could get it frozen.
A Georgia husband and father vanished while walking back to his hotel in Baton Rouge. Here's what we know.

Since last week, Millard says police have been looking at surveillance video and Nathan’s debit card purchases. Millard says Nathan’s card was used twice Thursday morning, 23 February 2023, on Florida Street and at the Greyhound Bus Station.

“My understanding is that they have tried to get camera footage over and over. There is only one that has been returned back to them, and it shows a black male using Nathan’s debit card,” explains Millard.
Georgia family speaks out after father goes missing in BR

• His debit card shows activity since the time of his disappearance: Amber said the first transaction was a cash withdrawal and that the card was in use as late as Saturday before she could get it frozen.

Since last week, Millard says police have been looking at surveillance video and Nathan’s debit card purchases. Millard says Nathan’s card was used twice Thursday morning, 23 February 2023, on Florida Street and at the Greyhound Bus Station.

“My understanding is that they have tried to get camera footage over and over. There is only one that has been returned back to them, and it shows a black male using Nathan’s debit card,” explains Millard.
Well that certainly doesn't sound good...

Interesting that his card was used in places within walking distance of the bar. Assuming foul play is involved, it sounds like the perpetrator(s) may not have access to a vehicle given the purchase at the bus station. But if that is the case, where is Nathan? Are there any abandoned buildings nearby?

It's also possible (and perhaps more likely) that the perpetrator(s) dumped Nathan's phone and wallet along the road and someone else found the card and decided to use it. But if that is the case, how were they able to successfully use the card if they didn't know the PIN?

TIMELINE

Nathan Mallard missing in Baton Rouge​

• He vanished last Wednesday night, Feb. 22, and has been missing several days now: According to his wife Amber, Nathan left out of Atlanta and flew into Baton Rouge Wednesday afternoon.
  • He was on a business trip: Nathan works for Advanced Construction in Conyers and was visiting Baton Rouge to meet with a client and see a job site.
  • He and the client went out Wednesday night: Amber said they went to a basketball game (she did not specify the game, though the LSU Tigers had a home game last Wednesday night) and he FaceTimed her from the game briefly to show her his seats. "It was not anything I ever thought would be my last call," she said.
  • The client last saw him leaving to go back to his hotel: The two were at Happy's Irish Pub on 3rd Street in Downtown Baton Rouge, according to his wife. He had about a block walk back to the hotel, she said. Amber's understanding is the client stayed behind in the pub to close out a tab, and Nathan left on his own. That was the last he was seen by anyone who knows him.
  • He didn't show up to a meeting with the client the next morning: They were due to meet back on the job site at 8 a.m. The client went to police by 9 a.m. Amber said the client requested a welfare check on Nathan's room when he didn't show for their meeting, and hotel staff reported that it appeared no one had slept there.
  • Nathan's phone was found a ways from the hotel: Amber said a city worker found it at a work site (it's unclear if it's the same job site Nathan was in town for) at Convention Street and North Seventh Street, about four blocks from his hotel.
  • There's some surveillance video - with Amber waiting to see more: She said the hotel had video of her husband, which showed that he was wearing a green ball cap, black shirt and blue jeans as described by local police. But she said she hasn't yet gotten any information about the many city or private cameras around Downtown Baton Rouge that could also hold clues.
  • Description: Millard stands 5-foot-9 and weighs 180 pounds, according to police, and was last wearing a green hat, black shirt and blue jeans.
  • Who to contact: Anyone with information on Millard's whereabouts is being asked to contact police in Louisiana at (225) 389-3853 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.

TIMELINE
RSBM & BBM

The phone being found near a work site is interesting. Was it actually found in the work site? Or was it found on the sidewalk/street outside?

Unfortunately we don't know if it is the the same site Nathan was supposed to be working at, but if it was, maybe he went there to take a look around that night before he was supposed to meet his business partner there the following morning and had some sort of accident (or, alternatively, met with foul play)? I wonder if police have searched the work site?

Interesting that the client went to the police 1 hour after NM was supposed to meet him at 8am. I would have probably thought NM may have had too much to drink and overslept.
The timeline isn't too specific as to when the wellness check was done but it makes sense the client called the hotel first when Nathan didn't show up, and when they stated it looked liked he hadn't slept in his room, he THEN called police. That makes more sense, but it wasn't written very clearly in the news article.

Last edited:

What is so frustrating about the camera situation is that Baton Rouge has spent SERIOUS $$$ installing police cameras to monitor the “goings on” in the city, not to mention the “ConnectBlue BR” program that they have implemented to develop & maintain a network of cameras that include both public and private sources. But one thing about Baton Rouge police (unfortunately) is that nothing happens in a hurry. The family should hire an attorney if they haven’t already. Such a sad story.

Well that certainly doesn't sound good...

Interesting that his card was used in places within walking distance of the bar. Assuming foul play is involved, it sounds like the perpetrator(s) may not have access to a vehicle given the purchase at the bus station. But if that is the case, where is Nathan? Are there any abandoned buildings nearby?

It's also possible (and perhaps more likely) that the perpetrator(s) dumped Nathan's phone and wallet along the road and someone else found the card and decided to use it. But if that is the case, how were they able to successfully use the card if they didn't know the PIN?
I had the same thought about the PIN. It shows that this has to be more than someone finding a wallet. The thing about Baton Rouge, especially at night… crime is rampant, and hiding a body is not going to be high on the list of priorities for the bad guys.

I can’t help but to wonder if maybe this is a case of him wanting to fall off the grid… cash withdrawal by “someone else” —possibility of this person being a random offered $20 to make a withdrawal while Nathan stood out of sight of an ATM camera? Same person purchased a bus ticket for him to get outta dodge?

Things I want to know:
-What’s on his cell phone? Recent texts/calls to anyone not his wife?
-Bus station must have cameras… who purchased the ticket? What was the destination? Did that person board the bus? Did that person make it to the destination? Have we talked with the bus driver to see if they remember anything out of the ordinary?
-A cursory review of the family’s finances. Debt? Recent life insurance changes or policy purchases? Has there been a siphoning of cash over a period of time? The money tells so much if there’s something hinky going on and is a good way to rule out any kind of financial conspiracy.

If someone wanted to disappear, using our beloved Baton Rouge and its out of control crime and overwhelmed law enforcement resources would be a great place to start.

I had the same thought about the PIN. It shows that this has to be more than someone finding a wallet. The thing about Baton Rouge, especially at night… crime is rampant, and hiding a body is not going to be high on the list of priorities for the bad guys.

I can’t help but to wonder if maybe this is a case of him wanting to fall off the grid… cash withdrawal by “someone else” —possibility of this person being a random offered $20 to make a withdrawal while Nathan stood out of sight of an ATM camera? Same person purchased a bus ticket for him to get outta dodge?

Things I want to know:
-What’s on his cell phone? Recent texts/calls to anyone not his wife?
-Bus station must have cameras… who purchased the ticket? What was the destination? Did that person board the bus? Did that person make it to the destination? Have we talked with the bus driver to see if they remember anything out of the ordinary?
-A cursory review of the family’s finances. Debt? Recent life insurance changes or policy purchases? Has there been a siphoning of cash over a period of time? The money tells so much if there’s something hinky going on and is a good way to rule out any kind of financial conspiracy.

If someone wanted to disappear, using our beloved Baton Rouge and its out of control crime and overwhelmed law enforcement resources would be a great place to start.

Was it ever said a ticket was purchased? If there is an ATM there, that could be where the money was withdrawn.

Last edited:
The timeline isn't too specific as to when the wellness check was done but it makes sense the client called the hotel first when Nathan didn't show up, and when they stated it looked liked he hadn't slept in his room, he THEN called police. That makes more sense, but it wasn't written very clearly in the news article.
Agree, it’s so hard to trust any media sources anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back