Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have followed this peripherally, but don't get a drug overdose vibe. I had wondered if possibly he had been abducted and driven to different ATM's to make forced withdrawals. That seems very unlikely in light of how he was found.

It also seems unlikely that he would wonder around in a drunken stupor, lose his phone, and somehow be invited into a house to do hard drugs and overdose.

I guess anything is possible at this point. I don't have a real feeling for his relationship with the "client". Had they worked together before. Were they old friends? I understand wining and dining a client. Maybe the client wanted to go to the game and the strip club, but if that were the case, why would the client be delayed at the bar while paying the tab? What was at the job site that required both men to physically be present for a meeting? It may not be related, but the details bother me.

I also wonder if the phone was not actually lost, but was later planted by those involved with the death to lead LE away from the actual death site.

* DBM *

March 06, 2023 at 11:25 am PST

Millard, a contractor, was on a business trip in BRouge.

WBRZ < > the staff at the bar cut off Millard after they said he had too much to drink, and left the bar alone around 11:30 p.m. to head back to his hotel.

phone and wallet were found on the ground

Someone called the police < > noticed a foul smell

Missing Georgia man’s body found rolled in carpet, wrapped in plastic in Baton Rouge

Last edited:
Even if this isn’t a homicide it’s still likely that someone else disposed of his body in the location it was found instead of contacting the proper authorities for help (which is still a crime!) I just don’t see how he would have ended up rolled up into a rug otherwise. Very sad. I feel so badly for his wife and kids. :(

RBBM
The details bother me, too. A lot of speculation about NM's conduct here that I don't see as likely (overdosing for one).

The items used to wrap his body were probably in that garage, not brought there.

Baton Rouge is the main culprit here IMO. Wandering around a crime ravaged area alone late at night whether intoxicated is dangerous for anyone. Terrible to visit a city anywhere in America & not be safe.

MOO
Baton Rouge did not kill him. A person did. Or a person has knowledge of what happened to him. I live in a city with a high crime rate but I don’t blame the city, I blame the criminals.

Yes, the victim and the client knew one another fairly well. They attended school together.

Georgia executive disappears after night at LSU basketball game, Baton Rouge bar

Well, that particular report doesn't say specifically that those two were long term friends from school but I read it somewhere in an article where Nathan's wife gives a phone interview.

Around 11:30 p.m., Millard left Happy's to go back to his hotel room but never made it back, Millard's high school friend, MS [the client]
Georgia executive who disappeared in Baton Rouge after LSU game found dead

March 06, 2023 at 11:25 am PST

Millard, a contractor, was on a business trip in BRouge.

WBRZ < > the staff at the bar cut off Millard after they said he had too much to drink, and left the bar alone around 11:30 p.m. to head back to his hotel.

phone and wallet were found on the ground

Someone called the police < > noticed a foul smell

Missing Georgia man’s body found rolled in carpet, wrapped in plastic in Baton Rouge
That's not the client

Couple of businesses on GMaps (2022 images) near the area where Nathan was found, BK and Jack in the Box real near in one direction and a Turner truck rental in the other - some have cctv/security cameras - hopefully they're working and may have something stored on them that could be useful

moo

Couple of businesses on GMaps (2022 images) near the area where Nathan was found, BK and Jack in the Box real near in one direction and a Turner truck rental in the other - some have cctv/security cameras - hopefully they're working and may have something stored on them that could be useful

moo
I pray that Baton Rouge LE delivers justice to Nathan and his family.

Based on BRPD stating Nathan's death is not currently being investigated as a homicide, I think the most likely scenario is that he overdosed and the person(s) he was with panicked and dumped the body.

The small transactions/checking the balance at ATMs near Happy's from 1-2am make sense if he was looking to score drugs -- if he had a history of addiction (at this point we don't know if he did or not), he may have been worried that his wife would become suspicious if she saw he made a large cash withdrawal late at night. He may have also purposely abandoned his phone on the street if he was afraid of his family tracking his location.

Since he was in a different city, he probably would not have had preexisting 'connections' he could tap into to score, so it seems he would've needed to ask someone for help. It was previously reported that Nathan asked the homeless man where he could find an ATM, so maybe he approached someone else and asked where he could score. Hopefully if that is the case, that person comes forward and speaks to police.

ETA: Another poster mentioned that Unfiltered with Kiran reported that Nathan did have a history of substance abuse, but had been sober for a long time. His belongings being abandoned (wallet, phone) coupled with his long-standing sobriety (prior to that night) makes me wonder if he may have overdosed intentionally.

Based on BRPD stating Nathan's death is not currently being investigated as a homicide, I think the most likely scenario is that he overdosed and the person(s) he was with panicked and dumped the body.

The small transactions/checking the balance at ATMs near Happy's from 1-2am make sense if he was looking to score drugs -- if he had a history of addiction (at this point we don't know if he did or not), he may have been worried that his wife would become suspicious if she saw he made a large cash withdrawal late at night. He may have also purposely abandoned his phone on the street if he was afraid of his family tracking his location.

Since he was in a different city, he probably would not have had preexisting 'connections' he could tap into to score, so it seems he would've needed to ask someone for help. It was previously reported that Nathan asked the homeless man where he could find an ATM, so maybe he approached someone else and asked where he could score. Hopefully if that is the case, that person comes forward and speaks to police.

ETA: Another poster mentioned that Unfiltered with Kiran reported that Nathan did have a history of substance abuse, but had been sober for a long time. His belongings being abandoned (wallet, phone) coupled with his long-standing sobriety (prior to that night) makes me wonder if he may have overdosed intentionally.

If he OD'd intentionally, Would the ME be able to tell?

If Nathan had been sober for a long time, he might not be aware of how much cocaine and other drugs are laced with fentanyl these days, making overdose so much more likely. It seems like every day I'm seeing headlines about fentanyl-induced overdose in people who didn't realize what they were taking. If that's the case here, we'll eventually know when the toxicology reports come back from the autopsy.

If he OD'd intentionally, Would the ME be able to tell?
From my understanding, it depends. If he had consumed a large quantity of drugs (i.e., above and beyond what even the heaviest user would take), then they could determine it was suicide fairly easily.

But addicts who have been sober for a while but then resume using will also have a lower tolerance than they did when they were in active addiction, so he could have taken around the same dose as he used to knowing that it would likely result in an OD, but in that case it would likely be impossible for an ME to forensically determine if he accidentally or intentionally OD'd.

According to Tim Miller, Nathan spoke to a lady at the bus station. He wanted directions his hotel. She said NM told her that he lost his phone [ph (closer to the bus station) and wallet found at separate locations]

I'm not sure about self-harm. There's no innocuous explanation for being found wrapped in plastic and rolled in a rug on an empty concrete lot.

Staying on the wagon is very difficult for some. Every fiber in their body's scream out for their chosen pleasure be it alcohol or meth. Addiction is fierce. Their struggle real.

JMO

I believe Tim Miller when he says that NM had been sober for a long time and had been working on his recovery so it sounds like he had a momentarily relaps while in Baton Rouge.
Wow! I will have to look that up. I had no idea this came from Tim Miller. makes no difference he still came to harms way sober or unsober. May he Rest in peace.

Sounds like Tim Miller is talking about alcohol, not narcotics.
He says he knew what it was about and says it was many years since he himself drank.
But then I'm also half-deaf in one ear so feel free to correct me.

A personal friend of Nathan's posted a long post on the public Facebook page Find Nathan Millard. (What it's called when you google search).

Now it's called Justice for Nathan Millard

His Initials are JH

He talked about NM and alluded to him being a recovering addict.

Said NM struggled with Alcohol

Last edited:
If Nathan had been sober for a long time, he might not be aware of how much cocaine and other drugs are laced with fentanyl these days, making overdose so much more likely. It seems like every day I'm seeing headlines about fentanyl-induced overdose in people who didn't realize what they were taking. If that's the case here, we'll eventually know when the toxicology reports come back from the autopsy.
I was thinking down this same path however I'm confused about him being rolled in plastic then a rug. Could he have pulled that off? IMO

A personal friend of Nathan's posted a long comment on the public Facebook page Find Nathan Millard.

He said that NM was in fact a recovering addict.
Sorry if I posted more than once I’m having a hard time understanding where and how to post etc so it’s saying my photos are two large so I will post one at a time or attempt to at least

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back