LA - Port Fourchon; Seacor Power capsizes; US Coast Guard searching for survivors; 13 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any more info on this?
Unfortunately, nobody was found.
United Cajun Navy has discontinued the search. There are some individuals dissatisfied with the efforts of UCN. There are a few individuals who are continuing the search. Two key people are helping to lead the search, a member of the Swamp People show and Mr. Despite the father of one of Seacor's crew members.

Anyone here wanting to discuss this?

I just read two of the lawsuits filed.

I wonder if these men were wearing life vests while on the boat before they hit the storm. I’ve only seen a picture of just one of the guys being rescued. He was not wearing a life vest. I also read that the coast guard gave a vest to one of the men who was still on the boat.

All of this along with the nearly dozen life vests that had been found by the UCN has me wondering if any of them were wearing vests, and if not, why not.

I have a feeling the missing will be found in the boat :-(
I agree. This will probably be the only way the bodies will be found. My brother-in-law is a former Navy Seal and teaches marine survival to off-shore workers. My son works on a deepwater drill ship and goes to this training and he says the course is challenging enough in simulated conditions and how survival when having to crawl out of an exit, put on life jackets, and manage to enter a lifeboat in the cold dark waters.

I wonder if these men were wearing life vests while on the boat before they hit the storm. I’ve only seen a picture of just one of the guys being rescued. He was not wearing a life vest. I also read that the coast guard gave a vest to one of the men who was still on the boat.

All of this along with the nearly dozen life vests that had been found by the UCN has me wondering if any of them were wearing vests, and if not, why not.

I wondered the same thing, from the beginning. How are they not required to wear some sort of floatation device with a locating device or something. I get they don't love to wear stuff, but safety gear isn't really optional. And the weather was bad..... its confusing.

If they were in the vessel, more than likely they were not wearing life vests. They specifically should not be worn inside a vessel. Should it capsize, a life vest prevent them from swimming and escaping safely. I recall reading of a survivor having to burst out a window and escape. In most offshore vessels, there is a outside container easy to open and access with life vests. In this situation specifically, the container could have opened or been damaged at any point. Especially, with lid being being easily opened, the vests could easily drift with debris float or wash ashore. I suspect this is what happened as they did recover more vests from this vessel washed ashore than personnel presently unaccounted for. I can see how in this situation, the odds were in favor of escaping and reaching surface for rescue instead of trying to find life vests after escaping vessel. This is why they have pushed for individual tracking devices. They can be easily attached to clothing and allow emergency responders to track position and rescue in timely manner.I also recall reading one survivor had a tracking device that failed for unknown reasons and delayed his rescue.

I can’t help but question the press photos of the salvage personnel. They originally showed photos of USCG inspecting it and safety equipment prior to beginning salvage operation. The vessel being used for salvage is sister vessel to Seacor Power. It is positioned directly beside capsized vessel. Several were standing outside by rails without life vests. The vessel could shift position and render salvage vessel unstable. We could easily end up with another catastrophic event. They have established a 1 mile safety area of vessel to ensure safety. The personnel on salvage vessel should be taking extra safety precautions.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back