LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the full accident report. What are the rules for sharing this on Websleuths?

I don't think we have a digital copy of the crash report...But the state trooper has shane driving at a fast pace and flipping several times...also in the report it said Shane wasn't wearing a seat belt.....Shane never drove fast even on the interstate and ALWAY WORE HIS BELT.....The problem was it is a State hwy.and LSP handled the traffic part of the wreck...and all he wanted to do was to find Shane and ARREST HIM......

Thanks Kenny,

This attitude by LE in Shane's case is so heartbreaking, it is beyond comprehension!

Satch

So I got the full accident report. What are the rules for sharing this on Websleuths?

If you were able to obtain it legitimately, it must be a pubic document, so no issue. If you are still worried, run it by Bessie.

Umhmm ... do we get the feeling they made it up as they went along?

Maybe ... but I didn't mean to imply that, was just wondering how this could be determined? Maybe the seat belt was neatly tucked away, looking like it had not been used?

Or they know more than they are telling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCA3HigChPo&index=1&list=PL522E85E18D57D373

There is great video to give you perspective on the accident site at the above link. This may have been covered already, but were dogs ever used to search? Once you see the video, you realize the massive area there is to search, relying only on human eyes.

I am hoping and praying that the sadness of the anniversary will spring renewed interest in solving this case. He is obviously treasured by his family. Their desperation to find him is palpable.

I agree. If he was traveling at a fast speed, the car flipped several times, and he wasn't wearing his seat belt, he would not have survived that crash, IMO.

IMO, that car didn't flip "several times" ... the hood was barely scratched and the roof was not caved in.

Alright. Here's the crash report. I blacked out personal information and names including Shane's name just to be safe and to respect everyone's privacy. PLEASE let me know if I missed anything.

There's some interesting stuff in there. Note that the report said the weather was clear, which makes the windshield wiper comment from the 911 caller even more bizarre. It does look like they thought the car could've possibly rolled multiple times, and the seatbelt was stuck vertically making it look like it hadn't been worn at the time of impact.

View attachment Crash_Report_Edited.pdf

The area in the curve by the wreck site has a VERY BLIND CORNER...The shoulder is VERY NARROW @ about 18 inch's ...After the wreck i would drive by there or even just park and walk...one evening when i was at the site two guys getting off of work ran right in the same spot....The month after Shane's wreck they had a lady wreck a 3 day old mustang...TOTALED....I know of 8 wrecks in the same spot.....but the STATE will not fix the problem.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCA3HigChPo&index=1&list=PL522E85E18D57D373

There is great video to give you perspective on the accident site at the above link. This may have been covered already, but were dogs ever used to search? Once you see the video, you realize the massive area there is to search, relying only on human eyes.

I am hoping and praying that the sadness of the anniversary will spring renewed interest in solving this case. He is obviously treasured by his family. Their desperation to find him is palpable.
Just to be clear, this site is at River Rd and Marrero Rd, about one-half mile east of the accident site.

MAP

Which direction was Shane's house from the scene?

East on River Rd. towards Marrero Rd?
Or West on River Rd. towards the F. Christiana Warehouse?

Likely LSP was more concerned about DUI/Leaving scene than doing a full accident investigation as would happen in a fatal wreck.

I can't tell you how fast a "maroon" car becomes a "red" car with only a 3 character box available on the accident report to write the car color.

Likewise he(LSP) probably saw a hole in the driver's side windshield and with no witness or driver, checked the no seat belt usage box.
It is easy to determine if seat belt was used, unless the speed was very low.

Kenny, what property had the camera that videoed the 11 cars? A property West of the scene?

Alright. Here's the crash report. I blacked out personal information and names including Shane's name just to be safe and to respect everyone's privacy. PLEASE let me know if I missed anything.

There's some interesting stuff in there. Note that the report said the weather was clear, which makes the windshield wiper comment from the 911 caller even more bizarre. It does look like they thought the car could've possibly rolled multiple times, and the seatbelt was stuck vertically making it look like it hadn't been worn at the time of impact.

View attachment 44219

Question,

In the event sequence coding, why is it said a jackknife was used? I would presume to get into the car. But it seems that Shane was treated by LE more like a DUI criminal than a missing person.

Satch

Is that report available to us publicly somewhere? Would like to know the name of the JP deputies involved.

View attachment 44219

Under "Direction before Crash" they have him headed West.

Hi Bessie, so much is happening on this thread and the information is scattered in so many places. Would it be possible to have a separate thread a bit more organized, a sticky one, with all the data, one timeline, the pictures and the right maps??

I'm still reasonalby up to date with Shane's case, at least that is what I think, but I'm starting to get confused when I try to look something up for confirmation or a referral. I started on an overview, but I lost track early on. :blushing:

:dunno::dunno: Please?
I've opened a "media" thread. Some posts have been copied already, and I'll look for others I've missed. This is STRICTLY a NON-DISCUSSION reference thread, to be used only for posting media links, maps, photos, videos, documents, and other "facts".

LA - SHANE FELL ** Media, Photos, Maps, Timeline ** NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you lose the link, click the tag "Shane Fell" at the bottom of this thread, and a page will open with links to both threads. Or, do a forum search for "Shane Fell".

<rsbm>

The report says Shane lived in Harvey which, according to google maps, is east of Barataria Blvd. So that would be "East on River Rd. towards Marrero Rd" and well past.

Solve this will ya AA7 ;)

<rsbm>

The report says Shane lived in Harvey which, according to google maps, is east of Barataria Blvd. So that would be "East on River Rd. towards Marrero Rd" and well past.

Solve this will ya AA7 ;)
Farther east than Barataria Blvd. Harvey is east of the Harvey Canal and Peters Road.

Further east than Barataria Blvd. Harvey is east of the Harvey Canal and Peters Road.

I found an addy for Shane on Willowbrook south of Lapalco; if that was his addy at the time of the crash, he was 8 miles from home.

Loved that report! Here are a few things that stand out to me.
- When they arrived, Brett was coming over the levee. He likely thought just what we thought... I wonder if he is ducked out of sight up there by the bridge and went to look. I feel better that Brett went and looked himself. Of course, that leaves us no closer to where Shane is!
- When Louisiana State Police arrived (who did the report and I honestly trust more), Jefferson Parish Police were already there. I wonder if JP did a report, too? What did they find when they arrived? Did Brett get there before or after them?

Something went down between passerby people seeing and talking to him and Brett/ police arriving. What?? We are on to good stuff, so keep the ideas coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member