LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that today, I don't see how on earth he walked away if he was not wearing a seatbelt, like they claim.
<rsbm>

Not to mention that the investigator's observation wrt the seatbelt was at the wreckers 3 days after the crash. Anyone could have moved it or done anything with the vehicle in that timeframe.

I also see the note "Airbag - non-deployed" . Wasn't that white thing in the crash photos an airbag?

<rsbm>

Not to mention that the investigator's observation wrt the seatbelt was at the wreckers 3 days after the crash. Anyone could have moved it or done anything with the vehicle in that timeframe.

I also see the note "Airbag - non-deployed" . Wasn't that white thing in the crash photos an airbag?

I really hope Kenny will post more pictures of the wreck, maybe we can see it better with other angles.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but where was Shane's cell phone found in relation to the crash site? Does anyone know how many messages were on it at the time?

Satch

His phone has never been found!

I think we are on the right line of track now. I've a horrible feeling that maybe they pursued him at speed and he crashed or he was struck by one of the first responders. <modsnip>

All screams cover up, and unless some decent law abiding LE employee that has knowledge of what happenend comes forward we may never know what happenend Shane.

Would love to get the info from the phone company on the phone pings for 5 days and see was it static or did it move around. Basically they can triangulate the signal by using 3 phone masts and it will give a fairly good location of the phone within a couple of square meters. The last day of phone pinging holds the key to maybe where Shane is.

I'm thinking more bodily "struck." Shane did speak with Brett and said he was ok and it was a one car accident. And witnesses saw and spoke with Shane (young couple). But if that happened, why not place Shane back near the accident scene for appearances that he was fatally injured in his own accident? The 911 caller was odd - did he come on scene before or after the young couple? and where was the shoe? Near the car leading to the conclusion he lost it in the roll-over or further away, knocked out of it in a pedestrian/vehicle accident? I'm pro law enforcement, my dad was a police officer, but this case stinks.

Brett said when he arrived, LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

There is no mention anywhere else about an ambulance, even though there is a specific field for it to be recorded on the state crash report.

Why did the trooper physically go to the West Jefferson hospital (as per narrative in crash report) to see if Shane was there? Isn't there a central communications department that he could have called to enquire? If they thought Shane possibly made his way home (as evidenced by attending his residence) or thought he possibly made it to an ER on his own, why would they only check West Jefferson?

ETA: Was Shane possibly in an ambulance at the scene and that's why nobody could find him?

The 911 call was at 00:58:48 (notice the 48 seconds, so almost 00:59:00) and presumably that call would have taken a minute or so. Yet ... 1 min and 13 seconds later (by 1:00:13) a deputy was already at Shane's house and left 3 seconds later at 01:00:16? Although they may have had a plate # from the 911 caller, they wouldn't have even known for sure it was Shane driving the vehicle.

Mods ... where's the stinky-poo emoticon? :biggrin:

Something stinky here for sure. How is that timing even possible? Why would they be at his house 1 minute after the call?

The 911 call was at 00:58:48 (notice the 48 seconds, so almost 00:59:00) and presumably that call would have taken a minute or so. Yet ... 1 min and 13 seconds later (by 1:00:13) a deputy was already at Shane's house and left 3 seconds later at 01:00:16? Although they may have had a plate # from the 911 caller, they wouldn't have even known for sure it was Shane driving the vehicle.

The shoe was found right out side the door Shane opened and got out of....He got out drivers door and the Westwego cop was the person who broke the window...

Another thing....No were on that sheet does it say anything about a Westwego cop on wreck site....You would also think it would be in the 911 tapes...FUNNY HA...

Brett said when he arrived, LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

There is no mention anywhere else about an ambulance, even though there is a specific field for it to be recorded on the state crash report.

I'm not sure about every other parish, but in Rapides Parish, when you dial 911, police, fire and ambulance are all required to respond as first responders.

Wait... why did a cop break the window?

The shoe was found right out side the door Shane opened and got out of....He got out drivers door and the Westwego cop was the person who broke the window...

I feel all the participating LE members - first responders, dispatch, the person(s) who filed that report, the investigators, etc, should all be brought in front of a judge and explain their actions (and lack thereof) and the discrepancies in the report. Please! This is ridiculous!

Thanks about the shoe, Kenny. Why did the cop break a window??? Which window?

I really hope Kenny will post more pictures of the wreck, maybe we can see it better with other angles.

His phone has never been found!

Shocking! We have a strong suspicion cover-up and incompetence! Unless the phone was in Shane's pocket or something.

Can someone explain to me about cell phone technology? I don't have a cell phone, because our land-line suit's our family's needs very well. Can anyone explain what the pings are? I assume that's when the phone "beeps." The information about the pings going on for five days. Was that in the LE report? How would (or should) have the Louisiana LE been able to use those cell phone pings IF this investigation had been properly handled?

I can assume that they can trace route those "pings" through the cellphone company. I don't know what security channels you would have to go through to get those records. But it would be very helpful to find out who else, in addition to Brett, spoke to Shane that night after the crash. Or even leading up to Shane and Brett going to the bar in the first place.

Have any of the friends in Shane and Brett's group come forward with additional information about the case? How did Shane look to them? How many people were with Shane and Brett at the bar playing pool that night? Did Shane look or act intoxicated at that time? How much did Shane drink? How long did they stay at the bar? So many questions! Sorry if these have been repeated!

Satch

Bringing pics up.
I have been reading up on this case for Shane Fell. I watched the episode of The UneXplained from the biography channel last night. the preview can be seen on youtube. it includes the 911 call made by a passerby. It was said when he talked to his brother Brett shortly after the accident he stated he was not injured and seemed coherent, knowing where he was. However looking at the pictures of the car I have to think that after his phone call he could have developed swelling of many parts of his body, including his brain.
I snipped the pictures from you tube and put them in a still below.

picture.php

When you all saw the shoe, was it covered in mud, as if he had stepped off into it and stepped out of it because the suction had taken it from him? Did anyone see any signs of bare feet? I only ask because a barefoot would never have been mistaken for a shoe print.

I hate to even say this, because I know you are his uncle, but I am being practical in my thinking, and I truly believe all of you need this now...If the shoe had no visible signs of being stuck in mud, that shoe was knocked off by some sort of impact. It could have been the impact of the accident, itself, which would have been evident because of bare foot tracks, in my opinion, or it could have been left because of a secondary impact after the accident, let's say a vehicle/pedestrian post-automobile accident.

I don't know your nephew, but I can promise you this much, if he were mine, I would be doing exactly what you are doing.

What I do know about your nephew leads me to believe he was in trouble with the law, and he knew it. He had no reason to run. His freaking BROTHER was on his way to do whatever he needed to do to help him. You don't run when your brother is one his way! You just...don't.

It is hard to believe an accident after the accident happened in that amount of time and LE was able to cover it up without Brett even suspecting.

It is harder to believe Shane walked and was just never seen again.

If we apply common sense, there is a cover up somewhere, and it happened within just a couple of minutes. If we find those few minutes, we find Shane.

My best friend is LE and I also hate to point a finger. But here's my scenario:
  • Shane was out of the car waiting for Brett after he spoke with him.
  • Shane tells the young couple he's waiting for his brother and they drive on.
  • An off duty or on duty LE pulls up not because LE was dispatched but because they were in the area. Maybe LE was giving Shane crap for the accident. Shane becomes defensive, belligerent maybe?
  • Altercation occurs between Shane and LE.
  • Shane is badly injured.
  • LE puts Shane in his car and leaves scene.
  • All this could take place before 911 call and first responders arrive.
  • "Blue Code of Silence" stops LE from talking

Thoughts?

Shocking! We have a strong suspicion cover-up and incompetence! Unless the phone was in Shane's pocket or something.

Can someone explain to me about cell phone technology? I don't have a cell phone, because our land-line suit's our family's needs very well. Can anyone explain what the pings are? I assume that's when the phone "beeps." The information about the pings going on for five days. Was that in the LE report? How would (or should) have the Louisiana LE been able to use those cell phone pings IF this investigation had been properly handled?

I can assume that they can trace route those "pings" through the cellphone company. I don't know what security channels you would have to go through to get those records. But it would be very helpful to find out who else, in addition to Brett, spoke to Shane that night after the crash. Or even leading up to Shane and Brett going to the bar in the first place.

Have any of the friends in Shane and Brett's group come forward with additional information about the case? How did Shane look to them? How many people were with Shane and Brett at the bar playing pool that night? Did Shane look or act intoxicated at that time? How much did Shane drink? How long did they stay at the bar? So many questions! Sorry if these have been repeated!

Satch
Cell provider sends signal to a cell phone to check its location. Cell phone signals back, "Here I am." That's a ping. The information is recorded, including date, time, and tower location(s). LE can access those records with a court order.

"Westwego cop" :sigh:

:notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members