LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, has anyone walked along the route from River Rd to the house on Pailet? Including using any back way short cuts. Someone mentioned the chance that he may have succumb to his injuries. Perhaps he collapsed walking home through some back area... jmo

If he wanted to stay off River Rd to not be seen, would he have walked the traintracks to his house instead? I see on google earth there are tracks running from the crash area right to his home.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/522...4f!2m2!1d-90.0778636!2d29.9065872!1m0!3e0!5i1

Tracks at Marrero Rd
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.901...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sKKdaclwcaEM9lGmhEqtvvQ!2e0

Let's consider the amnesia angle. Wallet and phone were not found. If Shane forgot who he was the wallet would have solved the mystery. If he didn't have his wallet and phone on him then they would have been found in the car or nearby. As much as I want the amnesia scenario to work, I just don't see how it could. Anyone think it fits? If so, why and how?

I was wondering, has anyone walked along the route from River Rd to the house on Pailet? Including using any back way short cuts. Someone mentioned the chance that he may have succumb to his injuries. Perhaps he collapsed walking home through some back area... jmo

If he wanted to stay off River Rd to not be seen, would he have walked the traintracks to his house instead? I see on google earth there are tracks running from the crash area right to his home.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/522...4f!2m2!1d-90.0778636!2d29.9065872!1m0!3e0!5i1

Tracks at Marrero Rd
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.901...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sKKdaclwcaEM9lGmhEqtvvQ!2e0

Good idea. I do wonder though if he would be walking home if he was trying to avoid LE. Did he have any friends that lived in the area?

Let's consider the amnesia angle. Wallet and phone were not found. If Shane forgot who he was the wallet would have solved the mystery. If he didn't have his wallet and phone on him then they would have been found in the car or nearby. As much as I want the amnesia scenario to work, I just don't see how it could. Anyone think it fits? If so, why and how?

No, I don't think so, because with all the news coverage, he would have been spotted, and would have asked for help. IMO

Good idea. I do wonder though if he would be walking home if he was trying to avoid LE. Did he have any friends that lived in the area?

Perhaps as far as he knew, they were unaware of him living on Pailet. The plates on his car were from GA, having recently moved to NOLA from Savannah. If the dogs tracked him going East on River Rd towards Marrero, there's a good chance he kept on going.

Bessie might know, how accessible the RR service roads are, they look wide enough to walk easily, yet not be seen from the road.

Perhaps as far as he knew, they were unaware of him living on Pailet. The plates on his car were from GA, having recently moved to NOLA from Savannah. If the dogs tracked him going East on River Rd towards Marrero, there's a good chance he kept on going.

Bessie might know, how accessible the RR service roads are, they look wide enough to walk easily, yet not be seen from the road.

We walked and had four wheelers on the tracks for miles....I even had somebody that works the Trains looking for me........

I don't supposed LE has checked to see how many maroon PT cruisers have owners living on the West Bank?

We asked several times about the owner of the PT CRUISER and we could never get a answer...I called the state and it was possible for them to run all MAROON PT CRUISERS BY ZIP CODE...BUT LE WOULD HAVE TO DO TI

Amnesia, probably not. However, we don't know, did he hurt his head during any part of the crash? If so, amnesia could have played a role. The reason why I say probably not is because Brett and he had their phone conversations, and Shane was able to remember his phone number, call his brother, and they seemed to have talked for about three minutes, maybe more.

Kenny, have their been any reports released of when Shane talked to Brett after the crash, exactly where he was in relationship to the car? Where was he standing? Sitting? or Kneeling? How was his speech? Obviously he was shooken up and traumatized. I think these are the most important things in terms of evidence:

1) Shane and Brett's EXACT phone communications on both calls.

2.) The EXACT conversation that Shane had with the "young couple" who offered to help.

3.) Shane's speech, movements, thought-processes after leaving the bar, the impact of the crash, Shane's movements and thoughts afterwords?

4.) All of Shane's contacts with LE and Rescue personnel during this time.

5.) Anyone else who offered to help other than the "Young Couple." Did the "Young Couple" offer to help in a general way, or give specific advice to Shane like, "Buddy are you OK? Do you need to go to the hospital?

6.) If Shane felt he had to flee to avoid an arrest, where could he have hid? Especially where could he have hid and survived, but not to be seen for three years?

7) Who, if anyone. say Shane walk away, or get into another car, or put into an ambulance? Or even go into the water? I can't rule out the water possibility, although the active pings on the phone for five days makes that unlikely. Why won't they come forward?

I still think LE intimidated him and forced him to leave, rather than wait for Brett, and LE doesn't want to take responsibility for that. Or LE did something bad to Shane, in the process of treating him like a DUI perpetrator rather than a crash victim. Why else would there be all this pain and red-tape out there for the poor Fell family going through this?

If LE had nothing to hide, they would be fully helping. LE is doing next to nothing, so they are IMO hiding something.

Satch

Amnesia, probably not. However, we don't know, did he hurt his head during any part of the crash? If so, amnesia could have played a role. The reason why I say probably not is because Brett and he had their phone conversations, and Shane was able to remember his phone number, call his brother, and they seemed to have talked for about three minutes, maybe more.

Kenny, have their been any reports released of when Shane talked to Brett after the crash, exactly where he was in relationship to the car? Where was he standing? Sitting? or Kneeling? How was his speech? Obviously he was shooken up and traumatized. I think these are the most important things in terms of evidence:

1) Shane and Brett's EXACT phone communications on both calls.

2.) The EXACT conversation that Shane had with the "young couple" who offered to help.

3.) Shane's speech, movements, thought-processes after leaving the bar, the impact of the crash, Shane's movements and thoughts afterwords?

4.) All of Shane's contacts with LE and Rescue personnel during this time.

5.) Anyone else who offered to help other than the "Young Couple." Did the "Young Couple" offer to help in a general way, or give specific advice to Shane like, "Buddy are you OK? Do you need to go to the hospital?

6.) If Shane felt he had to flee to avoid an arrest, where could he have hid? Especially where could he have hid and survived, but not to be seen for three years?

7) Who, if anyone. say Shane walk away, or get into another car, or put into an ambulance? Or even go into the water? I can't rule out the water possibility, although the active pings on the phone for five days makes that unlikely. Why won't they come forward?

I still think LE intimidated him and forced him to leave, rather than wait for Brett, and LE doesn't want to take responsibility for that. Or LE did something bad to Shane, in the process of treating him like a DUI perpetrator rather than a crash victim. Why else would there be all this pain and red-tape out there for the poor Fell family going through this?

If LE had nothing to hide, they would be fully helping. LE is doing next to nothing, so they are IMO hiding something.

Satch

It was all over the news media about how Brett talking to Shane and then 7 minutes later he was gone....
I talked with Brett and he said when talking to Shane he could hear the HEADLIGHT BELL....DINGING in the background so he had to be close to his car....
I wish i knew the conversation of both phone calls but we will never know....Brett said it was just a lot of excitement of the moment...

The young couple...It took me over a few months to talk with the male subject...I just had to catch him at his house...I still haven't ruled them out..They said they stopped and offered help and Shane told them i have Family on the way...

It was all over the news media about how Brett talking to Shane and then 7 minutes later he was gone....
I talked with Brett and he said when talking to Shane he could hear the HEADLIGHT BELL....DINGING in the background so he had to be close to his car....
I wish i knew the conversation of both phone calls but we will never know....Brett said it was just a lot of excitement of the moment...

The young couple...It took me over a few months to talk with the male subject...I just had to catch him at his house...I still haven't ruled them out..They said they stopped and offered help and Shane told them i have Family on the way...

What a good uncle you are, Kenny. A gift and a blessing to Shane. Hang in there, you're the rock. I just wish I could do more to help.

The road is at the crown of the levee.

Perhaps Shane really did have a head injury and the person in the PT Cruiser picked him up to take him to the hospital and then Shane was disoriented and asked the driver to drop him off somewhere else. The driver may not be local and was just passing through and never even heard about Shane going missing.
I saw the poster with the suspected purse snatcher and the person in it really does bear a striking resemblance to Shane...it could really well be that Shane has amnesia and is the person in the poster? IMO

bbm

that's what I have been wondering all this time....may have been tourist

bbm

Fact remains that, even if the person was a Good Samaritan tourist, Shane has never been found ... so tourist or otherwise in the vicinity at the time of Shane's disappearance, that individual is certainly a person of interest.

bbm

Maybe, but it would be VERY unusual for a tourist to be around there. Not only is it across the river from the city and where most any tourist would stay, but there is nothing on that road to interest anyone, really.

I agree. In order for the amnesia thing to work, not only would he have to have amnesia, but he would have to drop his wallet, his keys and his phone to lose contact with people AND not go to a hospital or a police station, if he needed help remembering who he was. I'm not buying that line of thinking in this case.

Kenny, have you had any discussions with Tim Miller of EquuSearch since their meeting with Jefferson Parish officials on Tuesday, June 21? Also, does "officials" mean JPSO?

Let me just start by saying I am a local around the same age as Shane. Although, I don't know him personally, my heart goes out to his family. I have read about his story before on here and then it kinda faded for me, no real leads I guess. IMHO when I read someone mention the purse snatching look-a-like, my first thought was, yeah right...but then my optomistic and curious side of me kicked in and looked up the sketch. Wow! The height, the age, the hair color, the skin color, the legnth of the hair, the eye color, the forhead, the nose, the smile. Maybe it is all just wishful thinking. However, if he has a head injury and doesn't know who he is that would explain the letting go of self image. I noticed someone comment on they are pretty sure they see him at McDonalds on Canal/Royal a lot!http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/police_seek_man_in_foiled_cbd.html

I am sure he will be caught soon enough and we will know this man's idenity. It would sure be great to find out this was him!

Kenny, have you had any discussions with Tim Miller of EquuSearch since their meeting with Jefferson Parish officials on Tuesday, June 21? Also, does "officials" mean JPSO?

I know Brett Talked with Tim Miller after he talked to JPSO and from what i remember all Mr.Miller said is that Shane was not around the area....It was all very weird...It was like on Sat. Tim Miller was all ready to do something and on Sunday it was a Different story...Come Monday....No Tim Miller...come Tuesday they was gone...Plus you have to remember....The Det.working Shane's didn't work on weekends.....

I know Brett Talked with Tim Miller after he talked to JPSO and from what i remember all Mr.Miller said is that Shane was not around the area....It was all very weird...It was like on Sat. Tim Miller was all ready to do something and on Sunday it was a Different story...Come Monday....No Tim Miller...come Tuesday they was gone...Plus you have to remember....The Det.working Shane's didn't work on weekends.....

MSM reports also that Tim Miller said he doubts Shane went in the Mississippi River. IMO, sounds like JPSO convinced Tim that Shane was classified as a DUI and Shane left the scene of an accident. Their premature, over-simplified conclusion doesn't account for a man who has been gone for 3 years with no contact with his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1