LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump for Shane.
May be be found before next Father's Day.
I'm sure his father would give anything to see him again.

Bump for Shane.
May be be found before next Father's Day.
I'm sure his father would give anything to see him again.
Has anyone considered contacting his ex girlfriend?! I can't help but think if he went anywhere, perhaps he went back to her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Has anyone considered contacting his ex girlfriend?! I can't help but think if he went anywhere, perhaps he went back to her.

I don't know how long he had been with her before he returned to Louisiana, (and I believe he returned home to family because the relationship was not working out).
But, if she hasn't been contacted, she should be.

I'm not suggesting anything nefarious but it would seem to me to be a possibility and....that he would want to keep things quiet.

Passed by there yesterday, unsure how long or when the buildings were abandoned. I can easily see someone being able to observe the wreck from the Hunting yard that is to the west. Its amazing how he made it through deadman's curve east of the wreck site only to wreck in the next bend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passed by there yesterday, unsure how long or when the buildings were abandoned. I can easily see someone being able to observe the wreck from the Hunting yard that is to the west. Its amazing how he made it through deadman's curve east of the wreck site only to wreck in the next bend.

I know I've asked this before, but was there any way he could have holed up in one of the surrounding buildings and then succumbed to his injuries.

I know I've asked this before, but was there any way he could have holed up in one of the surrounding buildings and then succumbed to his injuries.

It's possible the deserted buildings are very large.

Their wide open and are easily accessible one you get through the fence that is 12ft tall have not noticed any openings do not know for fact if they were searched or not.

Will be over there next week I will look again

It's possible the deserted buildings are very large.

Their wide open and are easily accessible one you get through the fence that is 12ft tall have not noticed any openings do not know for fact if they were searched or not.

Will be over there next week I will look again

That would be great. That was my first instinct when I read about this case several years ago. Maybe there is a hole in the fence somewhere.

Passed by today, one could access the buildings via an open gate approximately 1/4 of a mile east of the wreck site. Will note the Hunting yard continues east of the wreck site for a little ways. Can see someone being able to see the wreck from the 2 story building at Hunting its all windows its a perfect birds eye view of the curve.

Believe the family searched the area including buildings, IMO do not believe Shane is there nor the river. The mighty Mississippi is dangerous under current will take one down however the bodies tend to resurface unless they are weighted down. One has to look back at the history of persons whom have gone into the river or were found in the NOLA area. Another is him becoming a transient homeless living in the area .. IMO do not believe that either..

In the end what happened to Shane ...

Passed by today, one could access the buildings via an open gate approximately 1/4 of a mile east of the wreck site. Will note the Hunting yard continues east of the wreck site for a little ways. Can see someone being able to see the wreck from the 2 story building at Hunting its all windows its a perfect birds eye view of the curve.

Believe the family searched the area including buildings, IMO do not believe Shane is there nor the river. The mighty Mississippi is dangerous under current will take one down however the bodies tend to resurface unless they are weighted down. One has to look back at the history of persons whom have gone into the river or were found in the NOLA area. Another is him becoming a transient homeless living in the area .. IMO do not believe that either..

In the end what happened to Shane ...

I don't recall the family saying they looked through the buildings.

And if they have been abandoned?
And an opening in the fence to the buildings?! Seems like a perfect place for him to get out of the rain and wait for his bro. and be able to follow and see the police action from afar. I would re search those buildings with a dog.

Surely someone knows something about the ex girlfriend. He'd been with her quite awhile before he decided it wasn't going to work out and returned to NO. If nothing else, she should be contacted and interviewed.

I think the above 2 leads need to be looked into if they haven't been thoroughly looked into already.

Six years and counting....

I was in a car accident recently, heavens be thanked no casualties but the car was a wreck, and I can tell you one thing: I wasn't worth much afterwards. My head spinning with thoughts, but no sensible action, or any action to speak of.

Adrenaline hits people in different ways, fight, flight or freeze, and I'm mostly a freezer, but after a few hours to days, those levels go down and the symptoms disappear.

But right after the fact, regardless of whether you fight, flight or freeze you are very vulnerable due to the shock.

My initial idea was that Shane had gone into the river (Thread 1) but the accident has made me change my mind and I now think it is very possible that someone passed by and offered him a ride. Which he accepted because he wasn't thinking clearly.

What happened afterwards, I have no idea.

In my case (No ma'am, no way you can drive with that windshield, not even slowly..!), LE offered to bring me home and they did.

The opening that I was referring to is a road that enters the yard its at the east end there is no gate its a good walking distance from where the wreck occurred. I did not see any other openings he would be able to crawl through.

I think he was picked up, he would made an easy target to rob

Six years and counting....

I was in a car accident recently, heavens be thanked no casualties but the car was a wreck, and I can tell you one thing: I wasn't worth much afterwards. My head spinning with thoughts, but no sensible action, or any action to speak of.

Adrenaline hits people in different ways, fight, flight or freeze, and I'm mostly a freezer, but after a few hours to days, those levels go down and the symptoms disappear.

But right after the fact, regardless of whether you fight, flight or freeze you are very vulnerable due to the shock.

My initial idea was that Shane had gone into the river (Thread 1) but the accident has made me change my mind and I now think it is very possible that someone passed by and offered him a ride. Which he accepted because he wasn't thinking clearly.

What happened afterwards, I have no idea.

In my case (No ma'am, no way you can drive with that windshield, not even slowly..!), LE offered to bring me home and they did.

ZaZara, thanks for your valuable insight.
I'm glad you were not physically harmed.
I'm wondering how alcohol plays in this scenario...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaZara, thanks for your valuable insight.
I'm glad you were not physically harmed.
I'm wondering how alcohol plays in this scenario...

Thank you. I know I should be glad that it wasn't worse when it could have been, but that is not how it feels, even now.

I had not been to this thread for a while and when I did, I realized that my ideas about car accidents had changed. For instance, it did not occur to me to call anyone, and when it finally dawned upon me that I might call someone, I was too upset to find the number on the list. I thought I had deleted the number, but the next day, I found it where it had been all the time. So I am no longer surprised that Shane did not call his brother - why didn't you call me??! someone (almost) shouted at me when they heard about it.
BTW the other party was on the phone almost all of the time, and I even noticed that (!) so this may work out differently for different people.

As for alcohol, I do not know and I'd rather not find out. ;)
I suppose the initial shock could have been strong enough to make him crawl out of the car, but after that he'd still have both alcohol and adrenaline raging through his body and IMHO this would not be a situation where someone would have a clear head and both feet firmly on the ground.

When it comes to fight, flight or freeze, IMHO it is a possibility that Shane fled, and stumbled in a corner where they haven't found him yet.

Shane..... we are not going to stop looking for you! Show us the way, babe! It's time for peace for your family.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark Bakotic, missing from New Orleans reminds me of Shane's case. Any connection?

Mark Bakotic, missing from New Orleans reminds me of Shane's case. Any connection?

I don't get the gut feeling they are connected. But they both are very odd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another cold case. It's just hard to comprehend how many people just vanish. :( :bump: for Shane

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back