Lana Rae Meisner, wife of Eagles founder Randy Meisner killed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regardless of the outcome re: cause of death, the media certainly is doing a lot of victim shaming by bringing up her past. She might have done those things but why bring them up when she's dead? Has nothing to do with how, why, or anything regarding her death. What a shame.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrit...eagles-bassist-randy-meisners-wife-shot-death

This article is just one that I found that states they called it accidental due to the bullets trajectory and the fact that it went off in its case.

Disclaimer...I am not saying one way or another what happened as I was not there and do not know, merely answering the question as to how and why it was deemed an accident.
That could all change and if it does justice needs to be served.
I simply do not know ...
My point in bringing up the other articles is that I would not have been shocked if it were the other way around and Randy had been shot....
Fire and gasoline...

Hi Toby Wong,

Please don't misunderstand my reasons for my previous posts, I agree with your assessment that celebrity status/artistic talent should not cloud the investigation. I only brought up the conservatorship issues to add another layer of info into this situation. There is so much more behind this story of them as a couple. There has been great concern by Randy's children long before this incident regarding the issues happening regarding his health aund the use of his resources. They are the reason for the conservatorship being initiated. They did not seek to be his conservators, but were willing to turn that over to someone else appointed by the court. It's my opinion only that was done to demonstrate they are not after his money and were desperate for him to get the medical care he needed.

Regardless, justice should be done IF he is guilty of causing her harm but I hate reading comments on other sites where people are positive he is guilty because the incident is so bizarre. RIP Lana.

Same here...I've read all about his instability, how he abused her for the first couple of days and said nothing...then it got to where people were saying they flat out know he did it...
I'm just saying that we have a very dysfunctional couple who fed off of each other's addictions and issues and I do believe it plays into it all...
And I agree if he is guilty he needs to be punished ...
My prayers go out to both families...
RIP Lana Rae Meisner

I wonder why she was in a closet with a rifle? People rarely 'hang out' in closets.

He was in another part of the house, which part?

Did he sober up in 90 minutes?

How big is this rifle case, that it also contains a pair of man sized cowboy boots complete with spurs?

How unlucky is this poor victim, she calls LE on her drunken husband, they do nothing, 90 minutes later she is killed in a closet whilst playing with a gun case. Maybe she wanted to polish his cowboy boots?

Hi NSS,

I'm curious was it confirmed by LAPD that Randy was drunk when the first call that day was made by Lana. I've read so many articles, I read a few recounting their past domestic calls having alcohol being a factor but don"t recall that specifically being said by police about this particular incident. I read a release on LAPD site that quoted an officer stating the first call did not involve any physical altercation. Not being snarky, just wanting to know.

I have to correct myself, the statement by LAPD wasn't on their site, it was a quote from an officer but reported in an article.

I have to correct myself, the statement by LAPD wasn't on their site, it was a quote from an officer but reported in an article.

Reported in the Daily Mail Wed. March 9, 2016 "It was an everyday argument between a husband and wife and there was no violence involved." Police source.

I apologize to all for my crazy posting but wanted to find the article because I realize it should be posted according to the rules!

What a strange, freak accident -- if that's indeed what it was.
Not trying to accuse unjustly.

Always liked listening to their music and sometimes still do just that when I'm online.

How sad that Randy should be able to enjoy living in his golden years with the fruits of the band's success -- instead he seems overcome by his addictions. :(

May Lana rest in peace !

I wonder why she was in a closet with a rifle? People rarely 'hang out' in closets.
He was in another part of the house, which part?...
How big is this rifle case, that it also contains a pair of man sized cowboy boots complete with spurs?
How unlucky is this poor victim, she calls LE on her drunken husband, they do nothing, 90 minutes later she is killed in a closet whilst playing with a gun case. Maybe she wanted to polish his cowboy boots?

^sbm I wonder what size the rifle case was. Some have enough space to store a rifle plus misc other gear, or two rifles, or even three rifles, so conceivably could accommodate a rifle plus cowboy boots w spurs. http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brow.../Ne-4294389028?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU
Or maybe the spurs were not attached to boots, just unwisely thrown into case. IDK.
Link also says rifle "went off inside its soft case."

Not an expert, but I think grabbing a soft case the wrong way, with other items in the case and no rifle-form-fitting feature (to protect the trigger) could cause rifle to discharge, although seems quite unlikely. May be wrong.

Where are our long-gun folks?

ETA: I have no idea about what actually happened, just thinking aloud re a few posts. Seems hinky-dinky.

http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrit...eagles-bassist-randy-meisners-wife-shot-death
"Los Angeles police detectives told TMZ she was "moving a rifle that was stored inside the closet" when it went off inside its soft case."

How tragic. She may have been attempting to remove weapons he might have gotten hold of given the opportunity.

How tragic. She may have been attempting to remove weapons he might have gotten hold of given the opportunity.

I was thinking this also.It must have been an older weapon/gun for the trigger to pull so easily.

No winners, as they say. Prayers up for both families and all friends et al.

Rest in peace Lana Rae Meisner.

I listened to their music back in the day but didn't follow them beyond that. The background in their relationship may play a role but who knows if some of the reporting is sour grapes on the part of family or friends.
Obviously some of it can be confirmed by legal filings and police reports.
I'm now wondering if the reason police were so quick to declare accidental is due to video that confirmed,or is it due to fear that their would be an uproar due to the previous domestic call.
Also curious as to why she was moving a gun shortly after calling police regarding a domestic situation.
IMO

I listened to their music back in the day but didn't follow them beyond that. The background in their relationship may play a role but who knows if some of the reporting is sour grapes on the part of family or friends.
Obviously some of it can be confirmed by legal filings and police reports.
I'm now wondering if the reason police were so quick to declare accidental is due to video that confirmed,or is it due to fear that their would be an uproar due to the previous domestic call.
Also curious as to why she was moving a gun shortly after calling police regarding a domestic situation.
IMO

I am curious as well but there is no accounting for why she was in the closet rummaging around, I could speculate but won't. There are too many factors regarding their relationship history and substance abuse that could be considered but you can never say for certain what was in her mind at that time.

Were they the only two at home when this occurred?

The news reported that the gun went off in its case...how could he possibly have done that ?
I'm waiting for more details as always.
I'm not defending or degrading anyone here ....just not surprised that something tragic has happened in this dysfunctional relationship that I've read reports on for years .
That includes police being called to the home...

Idk, but after being here for years, I know everything is possible. We have a soft sided gun case in my house,the zipper opens at the butt end so initially I thought it could've been unzipped a little to get a hand in. Someone laying on the ground w hand in case pointing upward, pull trigger.??

Im just speculating. Like i said I'd need to see a video & would probably question the validity of that. To me there are no coincidences or perfect storms. Imo there are pieces that fall into place that make events happen.

Idk, but after being here for years, I know everything is possible. We have a soft sided gun case in my house,the zipper opens at the butt end so initially I thought it could've been unzipped a little to get a hand in. Someone laying on the ground w hand in case pointing upward, pull trigger.??

Im just speculating. Like i said I'd need to see a video & would probably question the validity of that. To me there are no coincidences or perfect storms. Imo there are pieces that fall into place that make events happen.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I don't understand your logic. It seems like even if you were there and witnessed what had happened that you would still believe this wasn't an accident.

We all speculate and question what we read in many cases but I have been totally wrong about some cases once all is said and done. Many times we have expressed our frustration with police when we think they aren't doing enough in a case only to find out later when an arrest has been made in a case that the police have been doing much behind the scenes that we weren't aware of.

I don't know a thing about death scene investigations and trust that LAPD police and detectives have plenty of experience in that area.

I would disagree, sometimes there are coincidences.

IIRC, one of the early links said there's CCTV everywhere in the house. If correct, then the incident could have been recorded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back