Lance Armstrong Doping Scandal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I hear this stuff I always feel bad for the athletes that play by the rules. And the youngsters who look up to those who dont :banghead:

I am still a huge fan of Lance. To win 7 Tours is astonishing. The French had been after him for years. Going back to a 1999 blood sample shows how weak their accusations were. From what I have read, "doping in bicycling" means a little packed red blood cells and has almost no affect on the bikers.

Big deal. As of now, I have won just as many TdF's as Lance has. And I ride drug-free on a Walmart beach cruiser bike.

He really offends the collective and our mentality. No wonder Sheryl got out...I always wondered why; ego had to have been Out the Roof....

Give it up Lance you are OVER we are OVER you, so over this poser. And that is what he is; a Poser, not an athlete. Do Roids, you're a cheater, plain and simple. An athlete?
Not Any More; Not for a Long Time.

Almost a year after his Oprah confession session, Lance is giving interviews, claiming he has been treated unfairly. Keith Olbermann tells him to "Shut Up"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLB5Xi2qFg"]Hey Lance Armstrong. Shut Up! - YouTube[/ame]

'Day to day life is positive', but disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong's troubles are far from over

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...list-Lance-Armstrong-s-troubles-far-over.html

As far as the vast general public is concerned, the guy is yesterday's news. Here's the basic perception: "Lance Armstrong? Oh, he's that bully bicycle racer who cheated and lied and finally got caught, but he's only sorry he got caught." Lance was afforded a confession session on Oprah's soft couch, and failed miserably at it. Even he admits that. Now the disgraced cyclist is using his shop-worn PR techniques to rehabilitate an image that was blown to smithereens. Good luck with that dude.

he's back in the news ...

Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong hit two parked cars after a night of partying in Aspen but agreed to let his longtime girlfriend take the blame to avoid national attention, police reports show.

http://kxan.com/2015/02/03/police-lance-armstrong-hit-parked-cars-blamed-girlfriend/

From the article:
“A man who had been renting one of the damaged cars told a police detective that Hansen came running up to his house in high heels, apologizing and promising to pay for the repairs. She said, ‘I’m Anna, we’re the Armstrongs, my husband’s Lance, he was just driving maybe too fast around the corner or something,'” the man told police, according to the reports.

Hmmm.. Anna and Lance aren't even married!

More from the article:
Hansen told police. “I thought, gosh, Anna Hansen hit some cars, it’s not going to show up in the papers, but Lance Armstrong hit some cars, it’s going to be a national story.”

Maybe they should've thought that through before they decided that a) Lance Armstrong would be the one driving home, b) they couldn't be bothered to wait for the cops, and c) they were going to lie to the cops after they already told the truth to the guy who called the cops.

Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France Champion who admitted to doping, has lost a lawsuit with insurance company SCA Promotions Inc and must pay it $10 million.

'In 2006 Armstrong, 43, received $7.5m (£4.88m) in payments from SCA relating to his seven Tour de France victories...'

the sanctions award punishes Armstrong for "an unparalleled pageant of international perjury, fraud and conspiracy," SCA said.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/31495246?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Call me skeptical, but I'm not thinking LA is going to get out his checkbook any time soon.

That's why the legal system has judgements. They will get as much as they can from what he has left. Good for them.

Good for them. Sucks for you Lance. Maybe he'll force his girlfriend to pay the bill for him.

Whenever I see anything on Lance I always remember how many guys used to wax lyrical about him day in day out especially in cycling circles, I remember one instructor telling us that Lance was a 'freak of nature' and explaining how his blood could move more oxygen around his body than us mere mortals etc etc etc .. they must have bawled their eyes out when the truth was revealed, there were so many true believers who really used him as inspiration in their daily lives. He really knew that too.

Whenever I see anything on Lance I always remember how many guys used to wax lyrical about him day in day out especially in cycling circles, I remember one instructor telling us that Lance was a 'freak of nature' and explaining how his blood could move more oxygen around his body than us mere mortals etc etc etc .. they must have bawled their eyes out when the truth was revealed, there were so many true believers who really used him as inspiration in their daily lives. He really knew that too.

Armstrong was a fake and a fibber, but just for interest, I swear I read an article once about people who have 'thicker blood' with more oxgygen, enabling them to keep going in cold temps that would leave the rest of us hypothermic. I think they're in Finland. I'll try to find it.

Aagghhh, can't find it! May have read it 20 years ago, but read it I did.

This article says why Finns are special and a lot of genetic research is carried out there, but doesn't mention the 'thick blood families'. I recall they are country people who have spent generations cross-country skiing to get around.

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/apr/29-finlands-fascinating-genes

Ah well, maybe I'll stumble across it one day.

Lance Armstrong FINALLY admits to crashing into two parked cars in Aspen after getting his girlfriend to say she was behind the wheel

Lance Armstrong has pleaded guilty to careless driving after hitting two parked cars with his SUV in Aspen

He originally agreed to let girlfriend Anna Hansen take the blame to avoid media attention

A valet at the Aspen Art Museum, where the two had attended a party, confirmed to police that Armstrong had been driving the car

A plea deal with prosecutors leaves Armstrong covering court fees and with a small fine, but closes the case and avoids a court appearance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...riend-originally-confessed.html#ixzz3S8qTL9vX

Drugs cheat Lance Armstrong backs investigation into cycling's murky past

Report turned up no evidence to sustain previous allegations Armstrong paid the cycling body to cover up a positive doping test

However explains in great detail how the Union Cycliste Internationale acted favorably toward Armstrong - a rider dubbed 'cycling's pop star

Armstrong said: 'I am grateful to CIRC for seeking the truth and allowing me to assist in that search. I am deeply sorry for many things I have done'

Armstrong is trying to overturn a life ban imposed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency

He was stripped of his seven Tour titles for doping on every one of his wins from 1999-2005

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gation-cyclings-murky-past.html#ixzz3TuSNBkcA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back