Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi--I have been reading this thread carefully, and I am still interested in why LE decided to reveal this information. Because the WW did not report it, I thought that Kaine was the "reliable source." Although I do not understand, then, why he would ask to seal the restraining order.

It doesn't make sense to me, either, that LE would leak the information, as the district attorney gave evidence in the restraining order application that knowledge of the reason for the restraining order would impact the investigation.

The answer to this does matter, because I am trying to think who gets an advantage from releasing this information. Could it have been the landscaper himself?

who gets an advantage from releasing this information.

Kaine gets the advantage...(as well as the Oregonian circulation dept)

Based on his public interviews he strikes me as a passive-aggressive sort of character...so publicly asking for the document to be sealed and privately leaking it could well be in his playbook.

OTOH as we don't have all the facts...its far from clear that this leak will not hurt the effort to bring home Kyron. For eg if a co-conspirator saw that the noose around TH was tightening it could precipitate unwanted action.

Sorry Grandmaj.

I'll just post the links now with no interpretation or speculation. It doesn't break any rules, does it?

Things that happened on Saturday June 26th:

There was a 911 call made from the Horman residence about "Threats being made to another person".
There were two 911 calls placed from the family's home that day. [June 26th -Donjeta's clarification.] One was classified as a custodial interference issue and other call was related to "threats being made to another person." The calls have been impounded and will not be released to the media until a later date.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24139076/detail.html

It was Terri making the calls, Kaine wasn't home at the time. The call about the threats came first:
Last weekend, at 5:17 p.m. June 26, Terri Horman placed a 9-1-1 call, classified as a "threats" call, to Multnomah County dispatchers, and a sheriff's deputy responded. By 11:39 p.m., when her husband and her 19-month-old daughter hadn't returned home, Terri Horman placed another 9-1-1 call, one classified by dispatchers as a "custody" matter. Kaine Horman wasn't at the home when either call was placed, sources said. The sheriff's office has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

The above link also says that this was the same day that the landscaper and the undercover LE person talked to Terri.

Investigators also recorded a conversation June 26 among the cooperating landscaper, Terri Horman and an undercover law enforcement officer, but Horman shut down the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.

oh good lord.....this case.

With all this, and as weird as it is, in a way it gives me a bit of hope that there is a chance that kyron is alive somewhere
Hi, mamaeb,

Not to dash your good thought, but I am curious:

WHY does this news make you feel hopeful regarding Kyron? What about Terri wanting to have her husband murdered causes you to believe that Kyron is alive?

To me, the fact that this woman is capable of such ruthless planning, such disregard for human life (her own husband's life), why would she be any different when it comes to the life of her step-son? So much already points to her as the one who "disappeared" Kyron. In the way of Life, this new revelation just verifies to me that she is capable of anything.

Thanks in advance if you want to discuss this.

My thoughts and opinions.

I think there is a difference in a real landscaper and a plain old yard man who just mows and trims the edges a little.

But... I think I'll tell my husband he has to landscape the yard from now on... maybe it will make him feel more like doing it!!

I'M not hiring a landscaper anytime soon in the hopes that no one thinks I'm trying to off my spouse :dance:

Given the son butted heads with Kaine; quickly got the heck away from his Roseberg grandparents... I suspect that the characteristics that are now coming to light about ex #1 were part of a package of personality traits that endeared him to a teenage boy of 16. Very hands off supervision! JMO

<snip>...(as well as the Oregonian circulation dept)

<snip>

True dat. Somewhat OT, but I've noticed the Oregonian as their circulation numbers went down that the edition they supply to paper boxes (vs. the home edition) has resorted more and more to 72-point above the fold tabloid-style headlines. If people aren't subscribing ('cos they're reading online or whatever) they need to entice people to buy papers. It's a turn off for me, but OTOH I'd hate to see the demise of print media.

I'm finding Terri's "Welcome to the Nuthouse" sign less and less humourous. Good lord -- I can't imagine being one of those kids. This group of characters gives a whole new meaning to "dysfunctional."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24149637/detail.html

As of Monday, deputies have not named Terri Horman as a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

"You don't have to name a suspect, a suspect," Jensen said. "It's not like Miranda where you have tell somebody, 'Here's your rights.' She's been the suspect, she is the suspect and she's going to continue to be until she's the defendant."

Hi--I have been reading this thread carefully, and I am still interested in why LE decided to reveal this information. Because the WW did not report it, I thought that Kaine was the "reliable source." Although I do not understand, then, why he would ask to seal the restraining order.

It doesn't make sense to me, either, that LE would leak the information, as the district attorney gave evidence in the restraining order application that knowledge of the reason for the restraining order would impact the investigation.

The answer to this does matter, because I am trying to think who gets an advantage from releasing this information. Could it have been the landscaper himself?

In the original article in the Oregonian, they said it was the landscaper they interviewed for the article, so I personally think he went to them.

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."

Maybe she got a criminal attorney to press charges against someone else.

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."

Maybe she thought it would be a good way to get Kaine to kill himself, or give her opportunity to make it look like he killed himself. It's hard to track a crazy mind.

Could it have been the landscaper himself?

sbm

Well, going with the who *doesn't* benefit from this approach:

LE doesn't, assuming that they've been truthful all along about they type of info in the RO and if they're still investigating lawn dude.

Similarly, it wouldn't benefit Kaine, DY or TY or anyone in their circles if it could jeopardize finding Kyron.

It wouldn't benefit TH or anyone in her circle to have it known publicly that she's being investigated for another felony.

So, the only person who could benefit would be someone with no vested interest in whether Kyron is found and who knew what was in the RO. One such person could be the landscaper. Maybe he got paid for talking on the condition of anonymity.

Another might be her first ex. He's been talking to the media and according to him and the Today clip I linked above, she's made his life miserable in the past. Maybe he'd like to see her taken down and get custody of the older son. He may or may not know what's in the RO though. TH certainly does, but I don't think it's particularly likely that she or her parents would tell it to the ex(?) The older son isn't around the TH house anymore, so he couldn't have learned about it first hand. And I don't think TH would tell him about it in a phone call, especially since she already got on him for talking to his dad about the poly.

So...that's all I got

Who gets an advantage from releasing any info in any investigation? shrug

TV news this a.m. reported FBI agent recorded a conversation between the landscaper, Terri and himself. Even though it's also reported she shut down the conversation fairly quickly I bet there's more to it than her favorite meatloaf recipe. I doubt the landscaper's a culprit since he's the one who went to the FBI (according to Fox news report) with her alleged murder for hire plot (thank all the powers that be!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove