Latest from George Anthony 1-2-09 at 11:58 PM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure most of us have kids or know someone with them. I'm sure most of us have seen the type of parent who says "not MY child, my little Johnny wouldn't DO that." At some point in life, we've all had to make the choice whether to be an enabler or one who makes them face the consequences. It is extremely clear that Casey has been coddled all of her life (even by her own admission) and that pattern is still happening with the parents, in spite of the death of Caylee - a life senselessly taken by a spoiled brat of a mom who felt she was an inconvenience. I can personally say without any doubt in my mind that if one of my family members killed another person (or participated in any crime, for that matter), I would expect that they get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I do not blame CA/GA for Caylee's death but I DO blame them for not holding Casey accountable for any of her wrong-doings in life. I fully believe that this behavior has enabled Casey to continue on this path of destruction - lying, stealing (minor crimes) until it finally escalated into Caylee's demise. Have they decided it's finally time to step back and allow KC to pay the piper? Not that I can see.... I am so angered by this senseless case. I just feel that this could have been avoided if KC had been forced to accept responsibility for her mistakes early on. Yes, she still ultimately made the choice to commit murder and even now none of the family wants to let her pay for those actions. I just can't understand it at all.:mad:

You hit that right on the head. If they ever held her accountable, or responsible for her actions in the past, then she would be a responsible adult today. Now I truly feel they should all be held responsible for their actions in this.

Ummmm, Yes I can, and I would definitely not be supporting my murdering daughter. It would be tough love and cutting her out of my life!
Other parents of murderers such as Mark Hacking's parents, Jeffrey Dahmer's father, and Ted Kaczinsky's brother didn't lie and cover-up for them. They took responsibility, turned some of them in, and apologized to their victim's families. That's doing the right thing, not unconditional family love and support at any cost. Scott Peterson's parents are a prime example of that, and I believe the Anthony's are acting much like Jackie and Lee Peterson!

This might be a little OT, but just curious what exactly these parents had to be responsible or apologize for? For as many parents of murderers that you list who have done what you said, there are likely an equal number who have not.

As much as I may want to disown my daughter under the same circumstances, I can't know for sure that I would. There would certainly be a lot of complicated emotions. My grand-daughter murdered at the hands of my child? Anger, yes... surely.

Certainly I don't feel I could continue being a part of her life if she kept up with the "Zanny the Nanny" charade, that would probably drive me to drink....

I'm just talking out loud though, I really don't know what I'd do.

... but there are indeed many parents of convicted murderers who are present on visiting day.

This might be a little OT, but just curious what exactly these parents had to be responsible or apologize for? For as many parents of murderers that you list who have done what you said, there are likely an equal number who have not.

As much as I may want to disown my daughter under the same circumstances, I can't know for sure that I would. There would certainly be a lot of complicated emotions. My grand-daughter murdered at the hands of my child? Anger, yes... surely.

Certainly I don't feel I could continue being a part of her life if she kept up with the "Zanny the Nanny" charade, that would probably drive me to drink....

... but there are indeed many parents of convicted murderers who are present on visiting day.
I agree with the part I bolded.

I don't think that there was much either of the parents could do with KC. Nothing they did ever produced a real KC with a conscience, how could it? She was born this way, not made.

What a nightmare to have a sociopath daughter become pregnant at 18 with no clue as to the identity of the father and therefore no child support or even the hope of a responsible adult to step in to help with keeping Caylee safe from her own mother's negligence and disregard for her child. The A's did everything they knew to do by supporting KC and Caylee and keeping a roof over their heads and food in their tummies. They were terrified that KC would, in fact, take Caylee away and into the unknown of KC's world, crashing on the sofas at friends' houses, jumping into the bed of every man she met and stealing from everyone dumb enough to let her in their house.

Up thread...
"failure to launch"--I agree.

This is what I'm not getting.. I most completely agree with the "Failure to Launch" analogy, but Casey isn't the only 22 yr old in the country with an unplanned pregancy who is being enabled by her parents [especially once the baby arrived]... and yet because she went on to kill her child, George and Cindy are somehow at fault for her actions because of "bad parenting skills"? George and Cindy weren't doing anything that millions of other parents haven't done as well. [I'm not suggesting that's what you specifically were implying, only that I have read similar points made here]. Casey deserves to rot in jail, George and Cindy have my sympathy and prayers. I guess I see their parenting and subsequent denial as being on one side of a line, and Casey's crime on another.

Originally Posted by shannahg
LOL, Yes Trac, I was 'absolutely' (ugh, I am beginning to HATE that word) being sarcastic! If they did plead for Caylee's safe return, I am not sure I got to hear that news segment either.

Even now, it's interesting how they are not pleading for information about the killer, asking him to turn himself in, people to provide tips, demanding justice etc. They are not fooling me.

Yes, isn't THAT interesting? No pleadings for her safe return, and now, no pleadings for any information leading to the finding and arrest of the "real" killer.

That's about the most honest answer anyone could give. We could all assume what we would do, myself included........but do we really know what we would do? Even Jeffrey Dahmer's dad visited him in jail. Who knows what is right and what is wrong for them in the healing process? They will have to discover this on their own. Maybe they will heal better if they can confront Casey. Maybe Casey deserves to go to her child's funeral to face what she did to her...maybe the Anthony's need to hear one more lie from Casey in order to accept that what she has told has been all lies. Maybe Casey would break down and finally tell the truth that they need to hear direct from her? (which I doubt she would do)..... I don't know? We can armchair quarterback this from here to eternity on what we think we would do or what we know we would do.... but only they will have to pay the consequences in their heart for whatever route they choose to go. Even Jesus forgave those that hung him on the cross. I just know that the general public, myself included, will puke if they come out to the media and firmly state that they STILL believe someone else did it. I guess all we can do is throw our hands in the air and say..."Oh me oh my"....and pray for justice for Caylee. That's about all we can do at this point. Is pray for justice.

Actually, I was thinking of LA more than KC. You are so right about the commonality of the unplanned pregnancy and resulting situation where KC did not grow up and assume appropriate responsibility. I was thinking that it is just another example of poor parenting. Of course, no one could predict that KC would murder her daughter, but we are all in a position of looking back. "Failure to launch" is, IMO, just another piece of information concerning the A's parenting skills. We have discussed other A flaws...this is just another one. It is a comment relevant to the A's, but it is not any more important than other comments about the A's believing KC, dipping into 401 to pay KC's bills. This is a perfect storm kind of family, IMO. Of course, I didn't mean they are comparable to many other families with unplanned pregnancies.

And...unplanned pregnancies don't necessarily mean a failure to launch. It generally means a failure to use protection.

This is what I'm not getting.. I most completely agree with the "Failure to Launch" analogy, but Casey isn't the only 22 yr old in the country with an unplanned pregancy who is being enabled by her parents [especially once the baby arrived]... and yet because she went on to kill her child, George and Cindy are somehow at fault for her actions because of "bad parenting skills"? George and Cindy weren't doing anything that millions of other parents haven't done as well. Casey deserves to rot in jail, George and Cindy have my sympathy and prayers. I guess I see their parenting and subsequent denial as being on one side of a line, and Casey's crime on another.

You've summed up what I've been trying to say in about 9 pages of posts. LOL. Thanks for stating it best.

I don't think that there was much either of the parents could do with KC. Nothing they did ever produced a real KC with a conscience, how could it? She was born this way, not made.

What a nightmare to have a sociopath daughter become pregnant at 18 with no clue as to the identity of the father and therefore no child support or even the hope of a responsible adult to step in to help with keeping Caylee safe from her own mother's negligence and disregard for her child. The A's did everything they knew to do by supporting KC and Caylee and keeping a roof over their heads and food in their tummies. They were terrified that KC would, in fact, take Caylee away and into the unknown of KC's world, crashing on the sofas at friends' houses, jumping into the bed of every man she met and stealing from everyone dumb enough to let her in their house.

I agree with your comments. I do think that KC was born with some of her tendencies and possible mental illenss, but I also think that the environment in which she was raised played a huge role in her becoming the person she is.

You hit that right on the head. If they ever held her accountable, or responsible for her actions in the past, then she would be a responsible adult today. Now I truly feel they should all be held responsible for their actions in this.

I respectfully disagree with this assertion. As I stated in an earlier post, I have an 18 yr old who has been held accountable all his life and taught that he is responsible for his actions. He has been through many programs, as have I. He is no more responsible today than he was at 2 ... and I don't see an end in sight. He is manipulative, lies, steals and infringes on the rights of others on a consistent basis. He has been in trouble with the law and I have let him sit right where they put him. I have used every strategy in the book and taken many programs to learn new ones and refresh old. I love him but he is extremely exhausting.

And I have three others whom were taught the same and are the best kids one could hope for.

I'm not saying George and Cindy didn't make their share of mistakes with Casey... we all do. But I put the blame for the loss of this precious child squarely where it belongs. At Casey's feet.

snipped

If not holding children child responsible for their actions leads to murder, then there must be 1,000,000 kids murdered by an irresponsible bratty parent every day and more to come.

Were the Anthonys wrong not to make Casey responsible? Yes. Did this cause Casey to murder Caylee? No.

Thank-you.

Jujube, you failed to cut and paste the section of my post where I stated this: "I do not blame CA/GA for Caylee's death but I DO blame them for not holding Casey accountable for any of her wrong-doings in life." Please don't use my post as an example if you only intend to clip the part that suits your purpose. I have no problem with differing opinions but please - lets be honest about the way we go about it. Respectfully, Shannah

"There is a hole in my heart big enough for a truck to drive through,” Anthony said.

Did anyone else instantly think, "billboard sign" or was it just me?!

George Anthony says his family has not yet made funeral arrangements for Caylee. They are still waiting for Casey Anthony's defense team to wrap up their second autopsy.

Blame it on the defense team. We knew that was coming. They won't allow us to make arrangements to bury Caylee. (I would tell that defense team to stuff it publically and let us get on with a proper burial for my granddaughter.) At least, he didn't go ahead and say Casey was the hold up.

Lee, the Anthony’s son and brother to Casey, has moved back home to be with his parents.

Huge red flag for Mallory! Wake up! This is not a good sign that he has moved home with his mommy instead of taking care of you. They are really circling the wagons now.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Gotta agree with you SS.... guess I always do!!! :blowkiss:

This to me sounds like big trouble! Hope Mallory gets on with her life without him now. He made his choice mommy not Mallory.

And...unplanned pregnancies don't necessarily mean a failure to launch. It generally means a failure to use protection.

...lol. True. Thanks for the laugh :)

I only meant to convey that teenage, unplanned pregnancies are probably more likely to result in a larger percentage of "launch failures" than in the general population.

Its their behavior that is also deplorable - KC did what she did

the Anthonys have their own laundry list and that is what is drawing fire

JMO

I respectfully disagree with this assertion. As I stated in an earlier post, I have an 18 yr old who has been held accountable all his life and taught that he is responsible for his actions. He has been through many programs, as have I. He is no more responsible today than he was at 2 ... and I don't see an end in sight. He is manipulative, lies, steals and infringes on the rights of others on a consistent basis. He has been in trouble with the law and I have let him sit right where they put him. I have used every strategy in the book and taken many programs to learn new ones and refresh old. I love him but he is extremely exhausting.

And I have three others whom were taught the same and are the best kids one could hope for.

I'm not saying George and Cindy didn't make their share of mistakes with Casey... we all do. But I put the blame for the loss of this precious child squarely where it belongs. At Casey's feet.

Coco, I believe the difference is, you ARE doing something about it. The A's chose to ignore, and be complacent beyond belief. You see your son for what he is, and are getting help. I will not ever say"not my child" as noone fully has control over another persons actions.But, I do have control over my actions and how I handle situations. At the very least, we have to teach our children that there are consequences to things. Once they reach adulthood, those consequences can be severe. The fact that we hold them accountable & responsible does not guarantee that they will be "good kids" or the "best kids one could hope for" But it does make them know that they ARE going to be responsible for their bad actions. Having an unruly child does not make you a bad parent, however making excuses for their behavior or, even worse, covering up for their crimes does not make you "Mother of the Year"
I am sorry you are in the situation you are in. Your son is blessed to have a parent that cares enough to say there is a problem and WE will deal with it. Bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState