Latest from George Anthony 1-2-09 at 11:58 PM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it, and that was right before Caylee's birthday. He said they had been following them and they knew exactly where she was. He also said she had been moved 9 times.

Hoo boy. I guess if KFN was telling him this he doesn't sound quite so crazy, but I wonder if he could really have believed that. He'd smelled the "pizza" and witnessed all Casey's shifty behavior and lies. He had to know by then that she hadn't been working and had no need of a nanny.

Hoo boy. I guess if KFN was telling him this he doesn't sound quite so crazy, but I wonder if he could really have believed that. He'd smelled the "pizza" and witnessed all Casey's shifty behavior and lies. He had to know by then that she hadn't been working and had no need of a nanny.

Maybe he thought that Caylee was taken as a result of Casey's shifty behavior?

In home births it is common for many family members to be there, but most young women would not want their "father" in the room during delivery. From what I have read though it appears CA "thought" SHE was the mother of this child from birth. I would never have held one of my children's babies before the mother.

I find it very strange he was the one to cut the cord. That is the normal procedure for the father which makes the the incest theory rise again. When Lee's attorney called Caylee, Lee's "daughter", it somewhat cinched the incest for me.

I do not believe for one second there was any incest - sorry - nothing about this at all relates to that and it has not been verified at all

As for George cutting the cord - well for one this wasn't a home birth - second isn't she closer to GA than CA? A Daddy's girl?

I know my Dad was embarrassed and was going to be in the delivery room when my second daughter was born - he walked in saw my legs in the stirrups and said 'I'll be outside' we laughed (my Mom and I) it was funny - but my Mom was in the delivery room and she held my daughter Natalie before me and my Mom handed Natalie to me - then my Dad was the first one to take a picture of Natalie when she was in the nursery (my daughter was born blue and didn't take her first breath until the nurses got her to breath - scary but my parents were there for support)

Was Caylee a natural birth? Were there any problems? We don't know that yet do we? There could have been a lot of things going on at that time - was Casey considering giving the baby to the A's to raise? A lot of young mother do that - it's harmful and confusing to the child when they get older but it happens - maybe that was the plan and Casey changed her mind right after Caylee was born?

The thing is we don't know this - we weren't there, there has been nothing in any document dump to say this - yes it's speculation on all of our parts

I think everyone needs to really consider feelings when they are so adament about this whole incest rumor - remember it's rumor and nothing more

It's possible. Still, he'd smelled the "pizza." He probably also knew that Casey wouldn't be above keeping them from seeing Caylee out of spite and I think both her parents had reason to believe she might be involved. They certainly had to know it was not a nanny. If they really thought there was a nanny, they're in more denial than I thought. I know I sound so mean, but...

I found the footage of GA saying that "people" were watching the kidnappers but did not find him alluding to them moving her 9 times. Would be interested in hearing that if it's out there.

It's possible. Still, he'd smelled the "pizza." He probably also knew that Casey wouldn't be above keeping them from seeing Caylee out of spite and I think both her parents had reason to believe she might be involved. They certainly had to know it was not a nanny. If they really thought there was a nanny, they're in more denial than I thought. I know I sound so mean, but...

I found the footage of GA saying that "people" were watching the kidnappers but did not find him alluding to them moving her 9 times. Would be interested in hearing that if it's out there.

I think George and Cindy were surrounded by people telling them what they wanted to hear after Caylee went missing. For instance Hoover, the PI, was apparently hoping to make money by selling the video of Caylee's body not being found (:waitasec:). I can see someone that unscrupulous taking advantage of the Anthonys by feeding them stories about Caylee being moved 9 times - and needing more and more money to pursue the kidnappers. KFN seems pretty shady too, and not above playing the Anthonys to help line their own pockets. The A's were eager to buy into any story that helped them continue to believe Caylee was still with us. Not very smart, but understandable, IMO.

When he explains who he meant when he said "the dead body in the trunk was not my granddaughter", and what that dead body was doing there, then perhaps I could buy that.

I think George and Cindy were surrounded by people telling them what they wanted to hear after Caylee went missing. For instance Hoover, the PI, was apparently hoping to make money by selling the video of Caylee's body not being found (:waitasec:). I can see someone that unscrupulous taking advantage of the Anthonys by feeding them stories about Caylee being moved 9 times - and needing more and more money to pursue the kidnappers. KFN seems pretty shady too, and not above playing the Anthonys to help line their own pockets. The A's were eager to buy into any story that helped them continue to believe Caylee was still with us. Not very smart, but understandable, IMO.

Why do you think it's other people? The As have been caught in lies time and time again, so I don't get why you are just blaming the others around them? I didn't hear any of those people talking about squirrels, pizza boxes or other dead bodies in trunks.

Playing the Anthony's???? They seem to be the only friends the As have....I haven't seen any other people come out to support any one in this family, though they apparently lived in that area for a very long time. Did you see George at the jail excitedly telling Casey how Lee was likely to score a job out of this??? I think the As were quite happy to take the KFN money and are trying to get at least one family member on the KFN payroll.

Why do you think it's other people? The As have been caught in lies time and time again, so I don't get why you are just blaming the others around them? I didn't hear any of those people talking about squirrels, pizza boxes or other dead bodies in trunks.

Casey talked about squirrels. There was a pizza box in the trunk. George preferred to believe that if there were a dead body in the trunk it wasn't his granddaughter. Not one of those things will have any bearing on the outcome of the case, and not one of them changes the possibility that people were taking advantage of the Anthonys fears.

But supposing there were other persons of interest, being watched etc.. (especially if they knew Caylee had been moved 9 times) that would have been key info to share with the FBI and LE. A PI would have license plates- addresses and photos. Without such evidence, the Anthonys may have remained hopeful. Common sense would still be telling them that there was something terrible happening. Their actions and mistruths on certain subjects, and conflicting statements, proves this to be true.

I have to throw in my 2 cents - from the minute GA smelled "THAT SMELL" at the impound yard - he knew, I have no doubt!!! It is a smell that there is NO other. He knew where KC was once Cindy brought her home - that leaves, as sad as it - Caylee dead. The part that really tears me up is how long they let the charade go on and on. Lots of money spent, LE and all that they had to do - and let me tell you LE went thru HELL knowing the same thing and not being able to get KC to talk. I do think that Cindy is very domineering to say the least, but, GA, especially with a prior LE background, knows what he legally and morally needed to do and didn't. I am having a really hard time trying to feel anything for the A's especially GA other than frustrated, Caylee could have been brought home much sooner!! Just my humble opinion.

*respectfully snipped*

so why doesn't he??

Because he thinks the funeral will somehow be finality and clear the air for him to focus on KC????

If that is what's going on, it is wrong.

I do not believe for one second there was any incest - sorry - nothing about this at all relates to that and it has not been verified at all

snipped

I'm with you on that.

I think there are three opinions of CA/GA/LA. with some gray area in between:

1) They are in total denial and believe Casey would never harm Caylee in any way. She was a wonderful mother, in fact, mother of the year.

2) They believe Casey did it and they are trying desperately to get her off at any cost by lying, blaming others, misleading the public, wasting tax payer dollars, accepting donations, profiting monetarily, etc. There is no denial in this scenario, pure cover up.

3) They thought Casey was up to something bad in the beginning but never fathomed she murdered Caylee. As soon as they realized the truth, see # 2.

If you believe the second or third scenario then the Anthonys are trying to set a murderer free. I think that explains some of the harsh feelings toward the family. MOO

Yes, I understand the reasoning of many of the posters who seem to offer no quarter to the Anthony family. I will admit that the actions of the family, especially CA and LA, have infurirated me on several occasions. Their behavior is so odd and the nonsense they spewed was so unbelievable as to be insulting to the public's intelligence.
Nevertheless, I see why they have done the things they have done. They are dysfunctional. They do not know how to act as most people do. So, the normal feelings of unconditional love for a child get warped into abnormal protection of a killer. But, I see their thought processes and although immensely frustrating and aggravating, I think they have done more good for the case with thier statements to LE, calls to 911, etc., than they have done harm with their dysfunctional wgaon-circling of their "princess". And, I feel that they themselves lack the clarity to understand what they are doing in catering to their daughter. They would likely be very surprised if they knew how most of us feel or that they are wrong in defending her at all costs.
I have empathy for them because they have reaped what they have sown, they have to live with the guilt of helping to create a monster (although casey ultimately is the ONLY one responsible for killing baby Caylee - we all have free will and the Anthony's did not drive her to it), and again, they lost the true light of their lives. I too have lost loved ones very dear to me and would never wish that pain on anyone. I simply think that our frustration is misplaced here. Our real anger should be directed at the baby killer sitting safely in jail, not at poor, messed up people who do not know what they have done. (Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do).
Finally, there are others who have acted similarly, or even worse, like SP's parents and the mother of Neil Entwhistle who actually stated in her zeal to defend her creepy son, that his wife killed her own baby before killing herself. Sick. (The Anthony's actually were active in the investigation against their daughter, nor matter how reluctant, through their statements and calls, so they are not as bad). This behavior is not unknown but the flip side of it is not to disown or wish harm on the family member who committed the crime, as many posters seem to think the Anthony's should. I look at Mark Hacking's family or the Unibomber's brother as the model of what to do - The former expressed their deep love and support of their son while quietly urging him to do the right thing and turn himself in. The latter also expressed his deep love and devotion to his brother and his horror at having to do the right thing and turn his brother in. These families did what was right but neither disowned or shunned their criminal family members.
Bottom line is, the Anthony's are not functional enough to handle the situation properly. But when it really counted, they did do what was necessary to getting justice for Caylee by calling the cops, making statments to LE that deeply incriminated their daughter/sister and in GA's case, actually testifying against her at the grandjury, something that tore him up to do. So, I try to understand and have a bit of Christian charity in my hearts for them. After all, they knew and loved and tried in the only ways they knew how, to protect Caylee. She was their angel and will remain so.

What's this about Caylee being "moved 9 times??" I do remember stories along the way where GA claimed to be very close to finding her, and having strong leads on the kidnappers. I have a tendancy to like him, or at least favor him above all other family members, so it pains me to say that I'm making some unpleasant connections here.

What if what some of you are speculating is true? What if he DID see the body? It would "fit" that he would start making up stories about being close finding the kidnappers, and getting so many strong leads, etc. Maybe as an attempt to shift attention away from reality? Up to a point he could give a very convincing truth to the investigators. It also "fits" that they now are willing to tell investigators everything, provided that they get immunity. Yikes, it ALSO "fits" that the two PIs were out photographing the location.

What if GA knew first, then CA was told? This explains how her only realistic reaction seems to be the 911 calls ("smells like a dead body . . ."). Then maybe LA was included.

Yikes, I hate where this is going. I want to believe that the family is guilty of nothing more than ignorance & bad decisions. I want to believe that only KC is involved, which "fits" the body site (too lazy to make more of an effort or go very far).

Yikes, I hate where this is going. I want to believe that the family is guilty of nothing more than ignorance & bad decisions. I want to believe that only KC is involved, which "fits" the body site (too lazy to make more of an effort or go very far).

I don't have any information to support this but I really doubt that CA/GA/LA had any involvement in hiding Caylee's body. I don't think they hand a part in hurting her and I don't think they hid the body. I just don't. I think that after they smelled Casey's car trunk they had a strong suspicion that Caylee was dead and tried to persuade themselves and others that Caylee was still alive and Casey didn't do it, but I don't think they did any more than that.

I applaud you for all your effort. The difference between you and the Anthony's is that you tried, you made the effort. From everything I have seen from the Anthony's, they never made any effort at all in regards to KC's behavior. They lied and covered for her and never made her take any personal responsibility for any of her actions. A perfect example of this is when KC stole money from her Gfathers nursing home account. What they should have done was made a police report of the theft like Gmother wanted to do and made KC own up to her illegal activity. Instead they covered for her and talked Gmother out of making a police report. They never made KC responsible for ANY of her actions. What about the thousands and thousands of dollars KC stole from CA? Was anything ever done about that? All they ever cared about was projecting the perfect family image, not the mental health of their own daughter who was raising their granddaughter. Shame on them. So yes, I hold them equally responsible for everything that has happened. They had numerous opportunity to intervene and they dropped the ball on every occasion. Would it have made a difference? I believe it would have. If charges had been filed against KC for the Gparents theft we wouldn't be here now discussing this. It would have changed the course of events.
Wow. While spoiling and enblaing a child can contribute to a deeply flawed kid, their are thousands who parent the same way and such kids do not become babykillers. How you can blame the death of Caylee on the parents due to their enabling of casey is beyond me. She is an adult and has freewill. Further, we do not know all they have done to try to deal with casey. It seems CA went to counseling and threatened to take custody of Caylee at one point. I also think that CA confronted casey is a very strong way on June 15th about her shenanigans, perhaps giving ultimatums and even choking her kid in anger. Many of us believe that was the last straw for their monster daughter who then killed the baby in retalitation so they are really damned in they do and damned if they don't. Finally, CA DID call the police on casey and attempt to turn her in for car theft before she realized Caylee was missing. Yes, they made mistakes and they mishandled their daughter, both before and after the murder. But, they are human AND, they were not the one's who cold-bloodedly snuffed out the light of that precious child - casey did. Seems extraordinarily harsh to blame the grandparents for the actions of their monster.

urcting justice

I agree with this. I'll go a step farther - I feel very sorry for the grandparents. I feel this is a very dysfunctional family, which explains alot about why casey turned out the way she did. I feel they are enablers, in denial (cannot accept criticism of their family, cannot accept that one of their is a cold-blooded murderer, could not accept that their precious grandchild is dead), they are spoilers, and in CA's case especially, controlling and, when it comes to the case against her daughter, dishonest. I don't like a lot of what they have done, such as trying to confuse the public, or trying to place blame on others for what their kid did, or possibly obstructing justice by hiding or lying about certain things casey did (CA). However, they are not murderers, casey is. All the anger on the board against two people who lost a little girl they obviously love, baffles me. casey alone is ultimately responsible. The anger should be towards her. These are just poor, misguided souls who lost their innocent grandchild at the hands of the daughter they love.
That's very hard to take. I know parents like them, who will protect their child at all costs, even when it's obvious the kid is guilty. That is wrong-headed and causes screwed up kids. But, although it is very odd, I understand the horrible position psychologically that this kind of enmeshed behavior puts them in. They still love their kid and they can't face that she is a monster, but they know deep in their hearts that she is. Then comes the self-blame as it can't be their perfect daughter's fault. However, the grandchild is just as precious to them and is vulnerable and innocent on top of that. Hence, the strange phone calls and jail visits in which they express love for and faith in casey while at the same time trying to get anything from her through request for information or by working on casey's sense of guilt, in order to allow them to see the truth they cannot face, but must, for Caylee's sake.
It's a catch-22 for them and although everyone has a real problem in seeing how that can be, how they can even think of casey or feel for her if it is between her and little Caylee, they themselves do not truly understand this or that helping casey really means putting her needs above the need for truth and justice for Caylee. They do not see it.
Again, they did not murder Caylee and I really doubt they would ever have covered up the crime such that Caylee ceased to exist to the world, in order to protect their offspring. The jailhouse calls and tapes show that, as did CA's 911 calls as well as GA's LE interviews and GJ testimony. They never would have said half of what they did if their only goal was to protect their kid. Yes, CA called 911 about the car, initially, but regardless of the smell in it, after they found no bodies inside and located casey, I think they could not fathom, nor allow themselves to think for a moment that Caylee has been killed by casey. It seems clear that such a thought did not enter CA's consciousness until casey told her Caylee was missing. Her subsequent and totally panicked call after that showed her true feelings: "There's something wrong. It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car...I need to find her." Not the words of someone who's goal is to protect their kid at the expense of their little grandchild.
My long-winded point is these people have some serious problems and that explains alot of the behavior they exhibit which tends to make it appear that casey is more important than Caylee. But, I don't think that's truly the case.
We must remember that they are victims of casey as well. They have lost their world and must feel guilt that they contributed to creation of the monster who took that world from them. My heart cannot hate them. I have only sorrow for what they are going through and how they are left with the one who destroyed their lives instead of the one who made their lives beautiful.
I pray that little Caylee is now safe and at peace in the arms of our Lord. I have no hate for the Anthonys and I pray for healing for them. I think Caylee would want that, instead of hate and anger towards them.
Anger and hatred? I reserve that for casey, for whom I am sadly not Christian enough to pray.
I don't think a single poster on WS has accused George or Cindy of the murder, only the cover-up.

Casey talked about squirrels. There was a pizza box in the trunk. George preferred to believe that if there were a dead body in the trunk it wasn't his granddaughter. Not one of those things will have any bearing on the outcome of the case, and not one of them changes the possibility that people were taking advantage of the Anthonys fears.

GA also talked about squirrels...there is a video of him saying it. I get the feeling the As are doing more using than they are getting used by people. Dinner at the Ritz the day you find out your granddaughter's remains were found.....I doubt they were forced to do it and someone obviously paid for it. Behaviour can be looked at to determine a person's state of mind at a relevant time, and dinner at Morgans said it all for me that day! If you have ever just lost a family member, you would know what I mean...I've never heard of anyone dressing up and going out for dinner after getting that sort of news in my life!

But the Anthony's are not as functional as you are. They seem to have contributed in some way to her attitude and personality to begin with - not normal. In addition, despite the fact that they knew she is a liar and a thief, I don't think they had any reason to belive she could also be a cold-blooded murderer. As far as I can see, not one person out of all that have been interviewed, thought casey was a bad mother. Likely, she probably took pretty good care of her until she killed her, whether she was acting or not.
Finally, they may have felt that they would not have been protecting Caylee by disowning casey, in fact, they may have felt they could have harmed her by doing so as there was no guarantee, even with all the theft, etc., on casey's part, that any court would have given them custody. Just think how casey would have reacted if they kicked her out of their lives and/or filed a petition for custody. They probably feared they'd never see Caylee again. Sadly, that's just what happened anyway but I don't think they could have forseen that.

Cindy called her a sociopath! Don't you think a sociopath is capable of murder? A good mother doesn't put her own needs above those of her child and drag her to adult parties where drugs, alcohol, and sex are rampant. A good mother doesn't make her child sleep in the same bed with her new boyfriends. A good mother doesn't steal and lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState