Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even find an Official Missing Person report about her. Anyone seen one? Hard to be too serious about her or a possible murderer of her if there's not even a MPR issued Nation wide.

I looked on TPS and on the OPP site under TPS's missing people reports.

Maybe it's my lack of ability in using a Canadian LE MPR Website.

Did her parents file one, is the question, or was it all SL? I would think that would make a difference.

Thank you Blomquist, it never occurred to me that when LB was making those repeated calls, in the days before her disappearance, that she had not called SL, the person who actually seemed willing to help her. That is very curious to me.

I would guess she didn't contact SL because he did not have what she was looking for(drugs), and he had already provided her accommodation(rented a hotel room for her) MOO

I can't even find an Official Missing Person report about her. Anyone seen one? Hard to be too serious about her or a possible murderer of her if there's not even a MPR issued Nation wide.

I looked on TPS and on the OPP site under TPS's missing people reports.

Maybe it's my lack of ability in using a Canadian LE MPR Website.

I checked the missing persons database, OPP and a new RCMP site, a few weeks ago, and posted here with regard to the fact that there is no information on either site stating that she is missing

I would guess she didn't contact SL because he did not have what she was looking for(drugs), and he had already provided her accommodation(rented a hotel room for her) MOO

Well obviously DM did not have drugs for her either then, as he did not return any calls to follow up !!!!

I think IMO that LB had information and was trying to contact certain people....JMO

Well obviously DM did not have drugs for her either then, as he did not return any calls to follow up !!!!

I think IMO that LB had information and was trying to contact certain people....JMO

In reading the following statement it appears DM and LB actually spoke at some point, otherwise the wording would be 'ignored her requests' rather than 'denied her requests'
“At first he denied it could have been eight phone calls,” said Mr. Lerner. “I had the records and eventually he admitted talking with her. He basically told me that Laura had been asking him for drugs and a place to stay and that he denied both requests
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...en-millard-and-missing-woman/article12015795/

Thanks for the info folks. I knew I couldn't find her on the OPP, Missing and UnIDed website or TPS web. A news release is pretty pathetic and impossible to cross reference as a cop.

Apparently no reason exists for any further attention by TPS. She is an adult and free to disappear if she chooses.

Thanks for the info folks. I knew I couldn't find her on the OPP, Missing and UnIDed website or TPS web. A news release is pretty pathetic and impossible to cross reference as a cop.

Apparently no reason exists for any further attention by TPS. She is an adult and free to disappear if she chooses.

bbm
so was TB. Too much of a coincidence for me that DM was the last person both TB and LB had contact with. Just MOO

Thank you Blomquist, it never occurred to me that when LB was making those repeated calls, in the days before her disappearance, that she had not called SL, the person who actually seemed willing to help her. That is very curious to me.

How do you know that LB didn't call SL ?

bbm
so was TB. Too much of a coincidence for me that DM was the last person both TB and LB had contact with. Just MOO

Apparently she didnt have contact with DM in the days before going missing...he didnt answer the calls remember ?

What about the others who had contact or calls from her in early July? (as per the Help Us Find Laura FB page) Should they be POI too in your opinion?

Where is the co-incidence? Who knew where she was staying at that Hotel at Roncesvalles ? Did DM even know where she was ? JMO MOO

LB's "phone records" that were repeatedly shown in MSM are actually just a copy of her phone bill, which only shows her outgoing calls. LE has full access to her actual phone records, which would also show all incoming calls, texts, and online activity. This could explain why LE says that LB had contact with a person(s) since her "last" call to DM - she may have texted or emailed someone, which would not have shown up on the phone bill that her parents and SL had access to.

In an interview with CityNews LB's brother confirms that the police have her phone records and her computer:

“The police have her phone records,” Babcock’s brother said. “They took her computer to see what digital conversations she’s had with anyone.”

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/

LB's "phone records" that were repeatedly shown in MSM are actually just a copy of her phone bill, which only shows her outgoing calls. LE has full access to her actual phone records, which would also show all incoming calls, texts, and online activity. This could explain why LE says that LB had contact with a person(s) since her "last" call to DM - she may have texted or emailed someone, which would not have shown up on the phone bill that her parents and SL had access to.

In an interview with CityNews LB's brother confirms that the police have her phone records and her computer:

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/

They have all the records and didnt appear to be concerned about DM.

They have all the records and didnt appear to be concerned about DM.

At the time...they didn't. We don't know what they think now. We do know what they're revisiting regarding LB's disappearance since DM was arrested. They've stated that they're looking into it again themselves. Where they're investigations have gone since their announcement is your guess as good as mine.

moo

At the time...they didn't. We don't know what they think now. We do know what they're revisiting regarding LB's disappearance since DM was arrested. They've stated that they're looking into it again themselves. Where they're investigations have gone since their announcement is your guess as good as mine.

moo

I meant they didn't seem concerned recently after the re-investigation was well under way even after having all records. They were concerned enough to dig up some of the earth at DMs farm, but not ask him a couple questions.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/0...to-dellen-millard-about-missing-woman-baffles

How do you know this? Maybe they can't ask him a "couple questions"?

I know because I watched the full press conference. Their admitting whether they've spoken to him or not wouldn't affect a p.b., IMO, especially in an unrelated matter.

I know because I watched the full press conference. Their admitting whether they've spoken to him or not wouldn't affect a p.b., IMO, especially in an unrelated matter.

How can you conclude that it's an "unrelated matter"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member