Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.23.17 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made himself sick thinking about what they did to Laura?

That would require having more of a conscious than I believe he has.

2012 was a hot summer. If they killed Laura July 3/4 but didn't cremate her until July 23rd, there would have been a far bit of decomposition that occurred in between and the smell that greeted them when they went back to cremate her wouldn't have been pleasant. I suspect its more likely he's feeling ill from the memory of that odour.

I remember a picture in the Tim Bosma Trial of a policeman carrying a long board out of the barn. It had what appeared to be a brown evidence bag over the top of it. I suspect that board was used as a support for Laura's body, which may have been tied to the board, then wrapped in the blue tarp. Since the bag was over one end, I thought that it was probably blood from a head wound. These evil, stupid, criminals left lots of evidence behind. I hope they never get out of prison. IMO

what makes you think head wound?

Man oh man I hope this trial doesn't last as long as they have anticipated. This one is really hard to take. Not that Tim's was easy, but it's like watching Tim's all over again.

Wishing that The Mob Reporter will be posting videos of the evidence presented at trial on YouTube like he did at the Bosma Trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would require having more of a conscious than I believe he has.

2012 was a hot summer. If they killed Laura July 3/4 but didn't cremate her until July 23rd, there would have been a far bit of decomposition that occurred in between and the smell that greeted them when they went back to cremate her wouldn't have been pleasant. I suspect its more likely he's feeling ill from the memory of that odour.

That is why I was wondering about the barrels of kerosene

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since there's so much discussion on this right now, I found this from previous threads.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BT0gxPdCEAELCP4.jpg
    BT0gxPdCEAELCP4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 290
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Jury is back & #Smich seems OK. Rubbing the back of his neck a bit. Shawn Lerner still on the stand talking about Laura's party in 2011

Trevor Dunn‏ @trevorjdunn
Court is back. Smich, apparently, is ok.

Adrian Humphreys @AD_Humphreys
We're back. Smich seems ok. In case you were worried.

After Lerner looked through #Babcock's phone bill he noticed the last 8 calls she made were to #Millard. "They were the only calls she made"

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Lerner says the last 8 outgoing calls Babcock made were to Dellen Millard. He got the information from her phone bill.

The only outgoing calls "at all" on July 3 were to Dellen #Millard. The last 8 calls, over two few days, were all to Millard. #Babcock

Since there's so much discussion on this right now, I found this from previous threads.

attachment.php

Thanks for digging through to find those. If I recall correctly, we were all told to stop talking about “the board” at the time because it kept going in circles and was never brought up in court. I hope that it lead somewhere in this investigation!

Lerner tried calling #Millard but didn't get through. Sent a text message, "I'm not looking to point a finger, but we're looking for Laura"

Lerner reached out to Millard about the calls. Millard finally responded about Babcock missing, "Heard about that, don't know where she is."

"...and you're the last person to have seen her." #Millard eventually answered, "Heard about that. Don't know where she is."

Caryn Lieberman‏ @caryn_lieberman
Lerner says he was surprised Millard didn’t offer to help when he reached out for help wanting to know where Babcock disappeared.

Lerner thought #Millard's response was odd, because ppl who didn't know Babcock as well, or hadn't seen her in years were far more concerned

Cristina Tenaglia‏ @cristina_CP24
Lerner contacted Dellen Millard after he saw the last eight calls Laura ever made were to Millard.

"The last eight outgoing phonecalls Laura made were to Mr. Millard. Four on July 2nd, and four on July 3rd."

Lerner texted Millard "Im not looking to point the finger but Im concerned re Laura's whereabouts..."

Caryn Lieberman‏ @caryn_lieberman
Millard asked Lerner to meet for coffee after Lerner asked him if he knew anything about Babcock’s whereabouts.

"...and I understand you're the last person whose spoken to her.'"

Crown is now showing jury text message records between Shawn Lerner and Dellen Millard.

Eventually....Millard replied, Shawn says: Millard replied: "Heard about that, not sure where she is."

Cristina Tenaglia @cristina_CP24
Crown provides jury w hardcopy of message exchange between Lerner /Millard. Millard eventually asks Lerner for a coffee, and the two agree.

Sam Pazzano‏ @SamPazzano
Lerner asks Del Millard if he knows anything since the last eight calls Laura made on her cell were to Millard on July 2 and 3, 2012.

#Millard & Lerner eventually met for coffee, after Lerner sent several messages asking about Laura's last known whereabouts.

Lerner didn't let it drop with Millard. He pushed to meet him in person.

Sam Pazzano‏ @SamPazzano
Lerner says he isn't trying to get anyone in trouble but he is concerned about Laura.

They met at the Starbucks near Square One in Mississauga. Millard said he was in a hurry.

There appears to be a stain on the board - shivers .

I remember looking at this and thinking that a body had laid on this board. The stain leads me to believe this. I believe this board is going to show up in this trial.

MOO

I'm shocked at all the evidence I've heard about so far. I wonder who else will show up as witnesses that we've already heard from during the Bosma trial? Schlatman I'm guessing. Maybe Michalski?

Millard was already sitting on the patio when Lerner arrived. Was he n a rush so Lerner didn't get a coffee.

Millard told Lerner Laura developed an addiction to drugs, implied she was gone, gotten mixed up with the wrong group.

#Millard told Lerner that #Babcock was into drugs and got mixed up with wrong ppl. Drugs are why she called Millard, he told Lerner.

Millard eventually asks Lerner for a coffee, and the two agree.
So, the two meet at a Starbucks in Mississauga. This is July 27, 2012.

Lerner asked #Millard if he was involved romantically with #Babcock, as he'd heard. Millard denied "vehemently;" he already had a girlfriend

"Mr. Millard told me that she had been using drugs and had developed an addiction to drugs. This wasn't news to me." -Lerner

"He seemed to imply that she got mixed up with the wrong group and my understanding of that conversation..."

"...is that I should have no reasonable expectation of finding her." -Lerner

Lerner asked Millard if he was involved romantically with Laura...Millard denied it, saying he had a girlfriend.

Lerner tells the court he had normally only gone a couple of days without hearing from Laura (now three weeks had passed.)

Lerner's examination done. #Millard gets overnight to prep his cross so done for the day. #Babcock

Shawn Lerner will return tomorrow to be cross-examined by Millard and lawyer for Smich.

I remember looking at this and thinking that a body had laid on this board. The stain leads me to believe this. I believe this board is going to show up in this trial.

MOO
The only good part about this trial is that both of these *******s are already in prison for life. Glad MS almost lost his cookies- and then there's DM feeling proud of himself playing lawyer. At the end of the day they go back to their cells and think about their pathetic lives. MOO

I'm shocked at all the evidence I've heard about so far. I wonder who else will show up as witnesses that we've already heard from during the Bosma trial? Schlatman I'm guessing. Maybe Michalski?

MM? CN? Other mutual girlfriends of LB and CN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons